PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW: Brownwood vs Liberty Hill

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lion_Addict
09-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Might as well get it started. Been looking forward to this week since the schedules came out. Ready for the matchup against #1! My prediction.......the boys have a week of practice that gets them prepared to play for 4 quarters and they pull off the upset. Brownwood 28 Liberty Hill 27

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 01:13 PM
LH 27
Bwood 19

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LH 27
Bwood 19

You've got this as a one possesion game. You have La Vega
drilling Wylie. La Vega drilled Brownwood and Wylie lost by
three to Liberty Hill. Does anyone else see anything wrong
with Go Blue's math.:thinking: :doh:

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 01:19 PM
i figure there will be some missed FG's :D

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
with Go Blue's math.:thinking: :doh:

Are you even comparing common opponents? :confused:

Sweetwater Red
09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Are you even comparing common opponents? :confused:

On another thread he's picking La Vega by 22 over Wylie. If you
consider LH and AW comparable because of the three point
margin in their game, how could you have the LH/BW game being
competitive and the LV/AW game being a blow out after LV
are won big over BW?

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
On another thread he's picking La Vega by 22 over Wylie. If you
consider LH and AW comparable because of the three point
margin in their game, how could you have the LH/BW game being
competitive and the LV/AW game being a blow out after LV
are won big over BW?

Maybe LV is better than LH?

wimbo_pro
09-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Liberty Hill wears Brownwood like an old dirty coat....

LH 42
BW 13

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Liberty Hill wears Brownwood like an old dirty coat....

LH 42
BW 13 how did wimberly do this week, i live in san marcos and thought about catching a game this week

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
how did wimberly do this week, i live in san marcos and thought about catching a game this week :doh: :doh: :(

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
:doh: :doh: :( what?:confused:

wimbo_pro
09-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
how did wimberly do this week, i live in san marcos and thought about catching a game this week

Lost another game where we were leading. This is something we gotta fix.

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Lost another game where we were leading. This is something we gotta fix. gotta catch a game sometime, ,maybe when yall play liberty hill

LHexPlayer
09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Should be a very good game. I don't expect Brownwood to just give it to us. We will have to earn this one. Team with the fewest mistakes wins it.

Daddy D 11
09-13-2008, 02:54 PM
It's going to be a war.

Panther Dad X 2
09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Wish I had gone to Bwood last night to catch the game. I listened to it but could not tell if they were beat or just a bit over confident with the half time score. Play like the second half and Bwood gets stomped!!!!

espn1
09-13-2008, 03:13 PM
This will be a good game! Can't wait to see it!

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Panther Dad X 2
Wish I had gone to Bwood last night to catch the game. I listened to it but could not tell if they were beat or just a bit over confident with the half time score. Play like the second half and Bwood gets stomped!!!!
It was hard to get a feel for both teams just listening. IMO, Stephenville shot themselves in the foot the first quarter. There were a few times that I missed 2-3 crucial plays because the feed would go out temporarily. Stephenville did what was needed to overcome the 2 costly 1st qtr errors. And yes, I would've liked to have been there to watch.

Snydertigersrul
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Might as well get it started. Been looking forward to this week since the schedules came out. Ready for the matchup against #1! My prediction.......the boys have a week of practice that gets them prepared to play for 4 quarters and they pull off the upset. Brownwood 28 Liberty Hill 27

I smell THREE straight losses for Brownwood.

LIBERTY HILL 35
BROWNWOOD 7

:D

Super_R
09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
LH by 18. LH has had an extra day to recoop after their 1st 2 weeks of all out war...and a weak week 3 opponent.

It's going to be tough for Brownwood to stop 2 streaks at once. Theirs is a 2 game losing streak and LH's is a 27 game winning streak. And did I mention it's in our house. I'd bet dollars to pesos that LH wins.

The Panters O looked great last week. They racked up 550+ yards on the ground without their starting tail back and with their starting half back in the 2nd half. Turner and Lattimore are more than capable replacements...but, I'd rather have them focus 100% on the other side of the ball.

Come on with the come on!

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
i had liberty hill picked to win this one when i saw schedules months ago, one of the losses i said bwood would have..... im starting to have second thoughts about this game. i defiantly think it will be a close one.

Super_R
09-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i had liberty hill picked to win this one when i saw schedules months ago, one of the losses i said bwood would have..... im starting to have second thoughts about this game. i defiantly think it will be a close one.

.:thinking: So Brownwood beats winless Burnet by 11 and then gets doubled up by LeVega before losing to S'ville...all the while LH beats AW and Giddings both ranked and then they hammer Manor by 42 and you have doubts about LH winning?

Please explain

BleedOrange
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Brownwood 27-21.

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
.:thinking: So Brownwood beats winless Burnet by 11 and then gets doubled up by LeVega before losing to S'ville...all the while LH beats AW and Giddings both ranked and then they hammer Manor by 42 and you have doubts about LH winning?

Please explain i guess i typed it differently that i wanted to...meh. i never said brownwood still wouldn't lose and never picked a winner, just said it would be a close one. its one of those things where i have an opinion on how certain schemes work against others, not so much this team beat that team so this team must get beat by at least this much.

if you do want to know, i do still think this is going to be bwoods 3rd loss....just closer that i had originally thought it would be :D

close games are funner anyways :)

Rocket
09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Forget what both of these teams have done the last 3 weeks. It won't matter come kickoff time. I get told all the time that tradition and history doesn't matter in a game, well LH can't cash that streak in for 3 points if they need them and they can't cash our 1-2 record in for 7 points if they need them. It will be an all out war. A battle of wills and it will come down to gameplan and execution and let the best team win. Least amount of mistakes wins it.

I am looking forward to watching some of the best football 3A has to offer this Friday night. It is all about coming together as a community and cheering these kids on for their hard work. I am hoping it will go down as one of the classic games and will start a rivalry for years to come. Good luck to both teams.

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2008, 05:50 PM
LH will run over Brownwood. Different method but same results as LaVega.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
nm
:( I liked what you had to say.

Rocket
09-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:( I liked what you had to say.

I did something and half of my post was gone..I had to rewrite it.

Panther Dad X 2
09-13-2008, 06:46 PM
LH will definetly need to be on thier game. We can not sit back on our record. The boys at Bwood will be hungry for a win and who better to beat than LH. It is going to be a great game for both teams. I hope Bwood brings their A game! Panther stadium will be really loud!!!!!!!

popcorn screen
09-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Brownwood will get slapped by LH and wish they were back in 4A where apparantly, they did well:stirpot: JK There schedule is brutal and will probably prepare them for district and the playoffs, but Lh 42 BW14

Rocket
09-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Brownwood will get slapped by LH and wish they were back in 4A where apparantly, they did well:stirpot: JK There schedule is brutal and will probably prepare them for district and the playoffs, but Lh 42 BW14

I can see you know nothing about Brownwood. Figures.

Snydertigersrul
09-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Forget what both of these teams have done the last 3 weeks. It won't matter come kickoff time. I get told all the time that tradition and history doesn't matter in a game, well LH can't cash that streak in for 3 points if they need them and they can't cash our 1-2 record in for 7 points if they need them. It will be an all out war. A battle of wills and it will come down to gameplan and execution and let the best team win. Least amount of mistakes wins it.

I am looking forward to watching some of the best football 3A has to offer this Friday night. It is all about coming together as a community and cheering these kids on for their hard work. I am hoping it will go down as one of the classic games and will start a rivalry for years to come. Good luck to both teams.

Oh really, i didn't know that you were coming to Lubbock and watch Snyder play at Lowrey Field.

Rocket
09-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Oh really, i didn't know that you were coming to Lubbock and watch Snyder play at Lowrey Field.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
09-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen

So glad somebody took that step to liven this thing up..... :D .
Dude.....you must have had a kernel that quite didn't get popped :hand: . 14 points huh? Seriously?? Tell ya what. If Liberty Hill holds Brownwood to 14 points, I will go find LHPM after the game and give her a nudie dance in a purple thong.... :smoker: :D .

You are correct on the second part though. The non-district schedule we're playing is definately gonna help us be prepared for the race for the District title :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I did something and half of my post was gone..I had to rewrite it.
:p And you ruined it.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 07:39 PM
If Liberty Hill holds Brownwood to 14 points, I will go find LHPM after the game and give her a nudie dance in a purple thong.... :smoker: :D .

:eek: :eek: :eek: Okay, at least you warned me so I can be prepared for it! :p

Old Green
09-13-2008, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Tell ya what. If Liberty Hill holds Brownwood to 14 points, I will go find LHPM after the game and give her a nudie dance in a purple thong.... :smoker: :D .

That hurts my eyes just thinking about it
:twitch: :D

Lion_Addict
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Okay, at least you warned me so I can be prepared for it! :p

Ain't gonna happen, but just in case......bring the $5's witcha :kiss: :D

espn1
09-13-2008, 07:58 PM
This will be an evenly matched game! I'll give the nod to LH because they're at home. But LH better not make any mistakes. LH's secondary is still suspect. I see B'wood exploiting it! This will be a barn burner for sure.

ProudHornetMom
09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
:1omg!: :1popcorn:

Ranger Mom
09-13-2008, 08:49 PM
How can you do a nudie dance wearing a thong??

pirate4state
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How can you do a nudie dance wearing a thong?? :spitlol:

ROCKET --- WILL YOU REALLY BE AT THIS GAME?

I hope this games lives up to the hype. Can't wait to watch it!

LH by 17

:)

Rocket
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I am there...

Rocket
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
:p And you ruined it.

How did I ruin it?

Nursebetty
09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm gonna have to go with LH on this one!

LH 35

Brownwood 21

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
How did I ruin it?
J/K - it was too mushy the original way anyway. ;)

Rocket
09-13-2008, 10:20 PM
J/K - it was too mushy the original way anyway. ;)

Right, the meaty part was left out... ha ha

Trashman
09-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Brownwood licks their wounds and wins a squeaker 31-28.:D

Boomer
09-13-2008, 11:33 PM
LH wins this one!! BW might have a good offense, but they can't score when they are on the sideline. Their top notch QB will spend more time on the sideline than on the field. LH will eat up the clock on offense and wear you down BW. I've seen it!!! Their best defense is their ball control offense. 31-17 LH. And 17 points is stretching it.

Rocket
09-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
LH wins this one!! BW might have a good offense, but they can't score when they are on the sideline. Their top notch QB will spend more time on the sideline than on the field. LH will eat up the clock on offense and wear you down BW. I've seen it!!! Their best defense is their ball control offense. 31-17 LH. And 17 points is stretching it.

I think LH's defense gets exposed this week. Brownwood will score early and keep the pressure on LH. Time will become LH's enemy. Brownwood will have to score every opportunity they get, I agree with that.

Lion
09-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Can we just play the first half??

Boomer
09-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Your right about that, time will hurt them if they need to catch up. I saw BW play in the Alamodome, and I wasn't all that impressed. I know that was the first game of the year, but LH will wear your D-line down and win. Just like Waco LV did to you guys, you said it yourself.

Trashman
09-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Your right about that, time will hurt them if they need to catch up. I saw BW play in the Alamodome, and I wasn't all that impressed. I know that was the first game of the year, but LH will wear your D-line down and win. Just like Waco LV did to you guys, you said it yourself.

Liberty Hill is no La Vega. So don't go there. LHPM please accept my apology for casting LH in a negative light.:D

wimbo_pro
09-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Before I say it, please understand this...I have predicted Brownwood to win the last 2 games, and I was wrong. So dont think I am just saying this because I root against BW, or that I am blindly going with the states #1 team....

With that said...

I think BW will get whooped in this one...and whooped good. It wont even be a contest, in my estimation. Maybe for a few minutes...maybe even a quarter...it could be relatively close early...the end of the half might even be within a TD or so...but in the end, LH will smush BW like a bug. And when its done, the take-a-way of the game will be one of domination and superiority by LH. Just another notch on their belt.

Too much strength, too much pounding, too much in general. BW's losing streak continues.

LH-42
BW-13

Trashman
09-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Before I say it, please understand this...I have predicted Brownwood to win the last 2 games, and I was wrong.

So by picking LH to win.............Your really picking Brownwood?

Your on a roll dude! Whoooooo.......Whaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Trashman
09-14-2008, 01:34 AM
:clap:

wimbo_pro
09-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Trashman

Ummmmm....no.

8HR
09-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I am just wondering where everyone is getting this BW "explosive offense?" I know you have some good players on the offensive side of the ball but I would expect to see more yards and points from an "explosive offense." I have not seen the stats on the Stephenville game but against a Burnet team who is now (0-3) BW racked up all of 340 yards. Against a good La Vega team BW only had 192 yards. 532 yards in the first two games is not Explosive.

nobogey72
09-14-2008, 09:09 AM
So glad somebody took that step to liven this thing up..... :D .
Dude.....you must have had a kernel that quite didn't get popped :hand: . 14 points huh? Seriously?? Tell ya what. If Liberty Hill holds Brownwood to 14 points, I will go find LHPM after the game and give her a nudie dance in a purple thong.... :smoker: :D .

So, what's it gonna be? A nudie dance..... or a purple thong? You can't have a nudie dance IN a purple thong.

You are correct on the second part though. The non-district schedule we're playing is definately gonna help us be prepared for the race for the District title :thumbsup: :rolleyes: If you decide to go with the purple thong, I'll loan you mine. Yeah, I had to do the dance when they beat us. :mad: It will probably be a little big for you,(if you know what I mean). But it will keep you from going out and finding one on your own. They're tough to find.:D

Rocket
09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Funny how LH gets a free pass for winning 2 close games by 2 points and 3 points and scoring a massive 28 points doing it while allowing 25+ points in each of those close wins. The issue in this game is not offense, both teams have good offenses. You act like Liberty Hill is only giving up 7 points a game, which they aren't. If LH's defense had trouble with Wylie's spread offense, oh dear. I do believe it will take 35 to win it. And both teams have only put that many points up in 1 game this season, against horrible teams.

Rocket
09-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Trashman

Your on a roll dude! Whoooooo.......Whaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

LOL
Good one trashman...

Hey Liberty Hill, wimbo just cursed you.

Lion_Addict
09-14-2008, 10:40 AM
How can you do a nudie dance wearing a thong??

Ummmm :thinking: , nevermind! Brownwood will score more than 14 points.... :p

Lion_Addict
09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
:rolleyes: If you decide to go with the purple thong, I'll loan you mine. Yeah, I had to do the dance when they beat us. :mad: It will probably be a little big for you,(if you know what I mean). But it will keep you from going out and finding one on your own. They're tough to find.:D

No thanks man :ack!: . And by the way.... how did you stuff the sock in a thong? :thinking: :p

bobcat1
09-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I got the Hill with the W over the Wood. By how much depends on LH defense. Offensively the Wood will wonder which way did he go George too much. Love that offense except when we play them. Love those purple Uni's except when we play them. Loved the "Thunderstruck" music except when we play them. If we don't play them, there is a certain young man that could have 3 rings I think. I'd like that if we don't play them.;) I'm wanting to say by 3 TD's real bad.............

Runnin Panther
09-14-2008, 11:11 AM
This game will be decided by LH defense. I think it could be a high scoring game, LH offense will score often as long as they don’t make big mistakes. The key to LH winning is how well the defense plays. B’wood is going to challenge our secondary, we need to keep pressure on the QB and the corners and safety need to play as well as they did this past week. I don’t think we can keep B’wood from scoring but as long as week keep them under 21 we should come out with a win.

I going to go out on a limb here and go with my usual and say LH by 21. :D

Rocket
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Brownwood is no Manor. How dare you wimbo...

wimbo_pro
09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Brownwood is no Manor. How dare you wimbo...

LOLOL...now dont go getting all offended on me, Rocket!!

solocam
09-14-2008, 12:02 PM
LH 45 Brownwood 42

Rocket
09-14-2008, 01:21 PM
LOLOL...now dont go getting all offended on me, Rocket!!

Ha ha just messin'

Stownhorse
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM
If Brownwood wants a chance, they better study the LH offense hard this week in practice and learn how to wrap up when you tackle. Because if you asrent ready for the misdirection it will throw you for a loop. Also, LH's running backs dont go down easy even thought they arent very big.

Wood Fan 2
09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
If Brownwood is able to figure out how to play all 4 quarters....Brownwood 35 LH 28. :p If not, it will be a long night! :(

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Brownwood's defense trying to find the ball & defend the slot-t.

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/jolion4.gif

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Funny how LH gets a free pass for winning 2 close games by 2 points and 3 points and scoring a massive 28 points doing it while allowing 25+ points in each of those close wins. The issue in this game is not offense, both teams have good offenses. You act like Liberty Hill is only giving up 7 points a game, which they aren't. If LH's defense had trouble with Wylie's spread offense, oh dear. I do believe it will take 35 to win it. And both teams have only put that many points up in 1 game this season, against horrible teams.

Our 2 and 3 point victories are a whole lot better than your 2 loses in a row Rocket:doh:

8HR
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Rocket...Here is the difference. Look at what you have done against the only highly ranked team you have played. Nothing, especially in the second half and the other two games have really been less than impressive. Liberty Hill has squeaked by two highly ranked teams and blown out Manor who I think will show to be comparable to Burnet. I don't think it's a free pass...This is based off of results.

Lion_Addict
09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/lion.jpg

VS.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/panther-monkey.jpg

:devil: :taunt:

Rocket
09-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 8HR
Rocket...Here is the difference. Look at what you have done against the only highly ranked team you have played. Nothing, especially in the second half and the other two games have really been less than impressive. Liberty Hill has squeaked by two highly ranked teams and blown out Manor who I think will show to be comparable to Burnet. I don't think it's a free pass...This is based off of results.

What high ranked teams are you talking about? Wylie and Giddings? La Vega would murder both of those teams. I don't think you understand, but I wouldn't expect you to. If you want to take that La Vega game and say that is who Brownwood is, that's fine. I'm glad you people think we have nothing. ;)

Time will tell.

Rocket
09-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Our 2 and 3 point victories are a whole lot better than your 2 loses in a row Rocket:doh:

Really? What good do they do you this Friday night?

Oh and you didn't play La Vega and Stephenville, you played Wylie and Giddings. Not even close.

Rocket
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM

The trick em offense. Can't way to see it. Brownwood will have something for your mediocre defense as well. Believe that.

Stownhorse
09-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Oh and you didn't play La Vega and Stephenville, you played Wylie and Giddings. Not even close.

Such big talk. Yall played a 0-2 Stephenville team... are you proud of that? That was their worst start since the 80's and they beat yall.

The trick em offense. Can't way to see it. Brownwood will have something for your mediocre defense as well. Believe that.

You set yourself up to get mauled by the board when yall lost to La Vega, now your working on it this week if yall dont win friday.

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Our "mediocre" defense has given up 28 points less than yours. :taunt: :taunt:

Rocket
09-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Such big talk. Yall played a 0-2 Stephenville team... are you proud of that? That was their worst start since the 80's and they beat yall.

You set yourself up to get mauled by the board when yall lost to La Vega, now your working on it this week if yall dont win friday.

So no smack talk? You guys take this stuff way too seriously. If we beat, LH... I got my list ready and you are on top of it Stownhorse. If not, shoot me for believing in Brownwood and pleading a case that the teams are somewhat evenly matched. What have I said so far? I have basically said what you have done the first 3 weeks has nothing to do with Friday night. I can see why I would take alot of crap if we get beat.

CHILL OUT, dude.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Our "mediocre" defense has given up 28 points less than yours. :taunt: :taunt:

Mediocre is mediocre... ;)
People have agreed with me on that.
Brownwood is young. Learning every week. We'll see how much we have learned this week. I will repeat myself from earlier since people just want to take the negative things I say and not the positive, Brownwood will have to play a near perfect game to beat LH. They will have to score every time they get the ball and they will have to capitalize on turnovers. LH is a great team and they will be respected but the 1-2 Brownwood record and their streak gives them 0 advantage come kickoff. Wow, kill me now.

I have nothing to do with the game, Stownhorse. I just talk it up and try to have some fun. I know exactly what's going on with my team and I believe they can at least make it a game. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
So yall's past 3 weeks have nothing to do with the outcome this week, but our "weak" opponents and close victories do? :thinking:

Rocket, your foot keeps going further and further in your mouth:doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 05:03 PM
So yall's past 3 weeks have nothing to do with the outcome this week, but our "weak" opponents and close victories do? :thinking:

Well, duh! You're finally catching up here. :p

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, duh! You're finally catching up here. :p

Barely:D

Rocket
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Rocket, your foot keeps going further and further in your mouth:doh:

LOL.. You people take everything I say out of context. I don't believe the first 3 weeks will matter come kick off time. If you want to take your 3-0 record and say that it will, go right ahead. I am just tired of LH getting a free pass, even if they barely beat 2 "Top Rated" teams. If you want to base Brownwood on our record, yeah we suck. LOL and please go right on ahead and do that and think that.

For argument's sake, I brought up what I did about LH, which nobody is bringing up. They just bring up our record, which could easily have been 2-1, and yours easily been 1-2. ;) Just a few points making the difference. Where have I said that Brownwood is going to roll and beat the tar out of LH? Brownwood and LH's defenses are both suspect. That has been established. Both offenses will do well.

Evenly matched game. It will be an all out war. Nuff said.. see you guys at the game.

ProudHornetMom
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM

:spitlol: :2thumbsup :clap: That's good...really good!

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Evenly matched game. It will be an all out war. Nuff said..

Agreed. And i never said Brownwood sucked, I've already stated that it's going to be a war on more than one occasion. I also said at the beginning of the season that i though LH would lose to either Wylie or Brownwood. But..i feel a little better about us winning now:) And, you can't blame us Rocket. Brownwood has lost 2 games in a row whether you want to acknowledge it or not. La Vega has a ball control offense and they stuffed it down yalls throat. And the Stephenville game was a very close game..that yall lost. Yes it could have easily gone either way, BUT it didnt.

LH, as you already know has a ball controlling offense. Which you haven't proved you can stop:devil:
And in close games on the road you've proven you can't win, so i'll take my Panthers:2thumbsup

Stownhorse
09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
So no smack talk? You guys take this stuff way too seriously. If we beat, LH... I got my list ready and you are on top of it Stownhorse. If not, shoot me for believing in Brownwood and pleading a case that the teams are somewhat evenly matched. What have I said so far? I have basically said what you have done the first 3 weeks has nothing to do with Friday night. I can see why I would take alot of crap if we get beat.

CHILL OUT, dude.

Really guy? How did you interpret that I was upset? lol I just find alot of the things you say pretty hilarious. I mean yes, La Vega is legit but you put Stephenville in that lol.

I also find it hilarious when one poster thinks another is serious when he gets quoted about being cocky when they are 1-2.

CHILL OUT, dude.

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM
LOL.. You people take everything I say out of context. I don't believe the first 3 weeks will matter come kick off time. If you want to take your 3-0 record and say that it will, go right ahead. I am just tired of LH getting a free pass, even if they barely beat 2 "Top Rated" teams. If you want to base Brownwood on our record, yeah we suck. LOL and please go right on ahead and do that and think that.

For argument's sake, I brought up what I did about LH, which nobody is bringing up. They just bring up our record, which could easily have been 2-1, and yours easily been 1-2. ;) Just a few points making the difference. Where have I said that Brownwood is going to roll and beat the tar out of LH? Brownwood and LH's defenses are both suspect. That has been established. Both offenses will do well.

Evenly matched game. It will be an all out war. Nuff said..
I can promise that no one here expects a free pass, particularly our team. And yes, we very easily could have been 1-2. The difference is that when it counted most, our mediocre defense made the stops needed to preserve the wins in those two games. A couple of sacks against Wylie, a 2-pt conversion stop against Giddings, and though it wasn't a close game, a 1st & goal from the ONE against Manor. :p

And I will agree that it should be a war.

Rocket
09-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I can promise that no one here expects a free pass, particularly our team. And yes, we very easily could have been 1-2. The difference is that when it counted most, our mediocre defense made the stops needed to preserve the wins in those two games. A couple of sacks against Wylie, a 2-pt conversion stop against Giddings, and though it wasn't a close game, a 1st & goal from the ONE against Manor. :p

And I will agree that it should be a war.

Cool. I want you guys to know that Daddy and LHPM and the others that I know, it is nothing personal. I am arguing with these people out there that have no idea about Brownwood and probably won't even see them play this season. (wimbo). For the most part, the LH posters have been respectful and I hope you can see that I am as well.

I don't mean anything by calling your defense mediocre. I think both of our defenses could be playing a lot better than they are and hopefully they will once district starts. It is games like these that they learn and get better for when it does matter.

;)

orange machine
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Im gonna go with Brownwood in this game. I think they are tired of losing and they have been looking forward to this game. Brownwood wins by a field goal with 6 seconds left in the 4th qt.

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Cool. I want you guys to know that Daddy and LHPM and the others that I know, it is nothing personal. I am arguing with these people out there that have no idea about Brownwood and probably won't even see them play this season. (wimbo). For the most part, the LH posters have been respectful and I hope you can see that I am as well.

I don't mean anything by calling your defense mediocre. I think both of our defenses could be playing a lot better than they are and hopefully they will once district starts. It is games like these that they learn and get better for when it does matter.

;)
No offense on the "mediocre" comments. We've heard it before. In fact, I believe wimbo has in the past been one of the critics of our defense. :devil:

Yes, ours could be, but I believe they are very rapidly turning into a force to be reckoned with. Heck, our line on both sides is just down right mean! :D

Rocket
09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
No offense on the "mediocre" comments. We've heard it before. In fact, I believe wimbo has in the past been one of the critics of our defense. :devil:

Yes, ours could be, but I believe they are very rapidly turning into a force to be reckoned with. Heck, our line on both sides is just down right mean! :D

I would think that too coming off a big win against powerhouse Manor. ;)

Wimbo loves LH panthers. The only thing that is keeping him sane is the fact that Wimberley beat you in 2006 before you peaked. ;)

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I personally love you, you crack me up with your dumbness:p

You keep the board hopping, without you, well it'd be up to me and we all know no one likes me:hairpunk:

Lion_Addict
09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Im gonna go with Brownwood in this game. I think they are tired of losing and they have been looking forward to this game. Brownwood wins by a field goal with 6 seconds left in the 4th qt.

Oh no you don't :hand: . No love wanted from Celina! Take it back, take it back!! :tongue: :D

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 07:08 PM
If you want to base Brownwood on our record, yeah we suck. LOL and please go right on ahead and do that and think that.

I'll wait until AFTER I see yall play to think yall suck. :p

Looking forward to a good game and lots of SMACK/HOMER talk.

All of you "veterans" that are jumping on Rocket need to remember that yall were once just as bad! :hand:

Lion_Addict
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Heck, our line on both sides is just down right mean! :D

Don't think our boys will necessarily be "sweeties" (unlike myself :inlove: ) . They'll be ready to feed yawl some of that "puddin" (don't wanna forget that, heh heh!)..... :p :D .

Rocket
09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'll wait until AFTER I see yall play to think yall suck. :p

Looking forward to a good game and lots of SMACK/HOMER talk.

All of you "veterans" that are jumping on Rocket need to remember that yall were once just as bad! :hand:

The deal is some people on here can't take it as smack talk. I haven't said anything that is over the line and I haven't got personal. Also, in all of the Brownwood posters' defense, have you heard us once use any excuses? No. We haven't and we have plenty of them we could throw out there. ;)

So stownhorse, have you seen Stephenville play? or are you going off of their close losses to say they suck? Aledo is traditionally strong and Guyer is stacked with talent and size. You are making me laugh pretty hard too...pretty hilarious yourself. Is Sville what they once were? Nope. I would still pick them to beat alot of teams out there.

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
The deal is some people on here can't take it as smack talk. I haven't said anything that is over the line and I haven't got personal. Also, in all of the Brownwood posters' defense, have you heard us once use any excuses? No. We haven't and we have plenty of them we could throw out there. ;)

So stownhorse, have you seen Stephenville play? or are you going off of their close losses to say they suck? Aledo is traditionally strong and Guyer is stacked with talent and size. You are making me laugh pretty hard too...pretty hilarious yourself. Is Sville what they once were? Nope. I would still pick them to beat alot of teams out there.

I'm sure if I wanted to look I could find some quotes from bwood posters throwing out an excuse or two. :D

Rocket
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm sure if I wanted to look I could find some quotes from bwood posters throwing out an excuse or two. :D

Thanks for the back up P4S.

DaHop72
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM
After watching the Wylie game I hope that Coach Vance has worked on the Panthers pass defense. Once Wylie made adjustments at the half on offense and defense I feel like they outplayed the Panthers in the second half.. I'm pretty sure that as one of the chess masters had half time to make his adjustments I sure since the other has had two week by game time that he will have fixed his blemish on pass defense as well.

As to the "beast" that LHPM calls her son, he's just a wee lad. I was talking with Coach Rogers when we met him and told him it looked like the beast and I had the same biceps. He sadly infomed me that my thighs weren't as big as the beast biceps. :(

:D :D

Modoc
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Gotta go with Liberty Hill!!!

LH - 52
Brownwood - 14

GO LH!!

Snydertigersrul
09-14-2008, 08:15 PM

;)

I've not seen LH in person but I'm sure that they are not mediorce like Rocket is claiming (at least they have won two state rings in the last two years. How many has Brownwood won in the last two years?)

:rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I've not seen LH in person but I'm sure that they are not mediorce like Rocket is claiming (at least they have won two state rings in the last two years. How many has Brownwood won in the last two years?)

LOL Beat that dead horse...

Boomer
09-14-2008, 08:59 PM

;)

Like I said, I saw yall play in the alamodome, it wasn't impressive at all. Burnet is not that good of a team. There was a lot of talk about BW at the beginning of the season, that's why I went to the alamodome. I think a lot of BW fans are finding out that 3A might be tougher than 4A. LH has played some high powered offense's last year and this year. They wore down Cuero last year and kept their high powered offense off the field.

The same thing will happen to BW!!

Snydertigersrul
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Like I said, I saw yall play in the alamodome, it wasn't impressive at all. Burnet is not that good of a team. There was a lot of talk about BW at the beginning of the season, that's why I went to the alamodome. I think a lot of BW fans are finding out that 3A might be tougher than 4A. LH has played some high powered offense's last year and this year. They wore down Cuero last year and kept their high powered offense off the field.

VERY WELL SAID

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
09-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Rocket---- This is exactly the kind of post that exposes your A$$. Do you just thrive on putting yourself in position to eat more crow? I'm not predicting that we will beat La Vega this Friday, but for you to say that it is "not even close". Did you know we were playing them this week? They very well may blow us out (like they did your Lions), but then again....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:32 PM

We had alot of first time varsity players that day, still do. I guess 21 points in the first quarter isn't impressive. Hmmm... Yeah we sputtered at the end against Burnet..but we are learning and getting better. But to say not impressive at all? Ridiculous.

We have only been beaten by one 3A team and it took a perfect half for them to do it. The first half we were matching them blow for blow. No excuses, they beat us, but you have to admit, it was a strange night on any level to be able to ball control to the extent that La Vega did. I still say Brownwood hangs with and beats them in the Finals if it comes to that. ;)

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Rocket---- This is exactly the kind of post that exposes your A$$. Do you just thrive on putting yourself in position to eat more crow? I'm not predicting that we will beat La Vega this Friday, but for you to say that it is "not even close". Did you know we were playing them this week? They very well may blow us out (like they did your Lions), but then again....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dude, take it easy. You are mad because I didn't give your team props. LOL Wylie is no La Vega. You'll see come Friday night. You know you like it when I stir the pot. Besides, go play in your own sandbox, this is Brownwood/ Liberty Hill. I still haven't said anything where I am going to have to eat crow. sheesh

Blow us out? LOL 17 points is a blow out now? You probably won't even get 10 on La Vega. I don't expect you to understand. Why would you? You will after Friday night.

Ya'll playing at La Vega?

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
VERY WELL SAID

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am sure Boomer loves your support there snydertigerssuc...

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
nm

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
We had alot of first time varsity players that day, still do. I guess 21 points in the first quarter isn't impressive. Hmmm... Yeah we sputtered at the end against Burnet..but we are learning and getting better. But to say not impressive at all? Ridiculous.

We have only been beaten by one 3A team and it took a perfect half for them to do it. The first half we were matching them blow for blow. No excuses, they beat us, but you have to admit, it was a strange night on any level to be able to ball control to the extent that La Vega did. I still say Brownwood hangs with and beats them in the Finals if it comes to that. ;)

HAHAHA

Is that an excuse? :o AND an excuse being given about a win, that someone else didn't find impressive! Say it isn't so!

A perfect half coming to a movie screen soon! :D

oh man.............

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:52 PM
HAHAHA

Is that an excuse? :o AND an excuse being given about a win, that someone else didn't find impressive! Say it isn't so!

A perfect half coming to a movie screen soon! :D

oh man.............

It was an excuse to why we didn't impress Boomer's socks off... ;)

Hey p4s..

did they not play a perfect half? sheesh

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
It was an excuse to why we didn't impress Boomer's socks off... ;)

Hey p4s..

did they not play a perfect half?

Must have....that's the only way to beat Brownwood! :p :p

Rocket
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Must have....that's the only way to beat Brownwood! :p :p

Yeah, nice twist. Still waiting for them to repeat what they did against us (to that extent).

It's me against the world!!!!! LOL

I'm out... see you guys at the game.

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, nice twist. Still waiting for them to repeat what they did against us (to that extent). Still waiting on La Vega? They just beat the snot out of Dallas Roosevelt.

Oh, I get it ... you are waiting for them to have another perfect half against a team YOU deem to be on the same level as Brownwood. :thinking:

Gee Rocket...you're gonna be waiting along time. :D

pirate4state
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, nice twist. Still waiting for them to repeat what they did against us (to that extent).

It's me against the world!!!!! LOL

Where are you going?!?!?!

Don't tuck tail and run now!

Catch your act TOMORROW. :cool: You know you can't stay away!

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
As to the "beast" that LHPM calls her son, he's just a wee lad. I was talking with Coach Rogers when we met him and told him it looked like the beast and I had the same biceps. He sadly infomed me that my thighs weren't as big as the beast biceps. :(

:D :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! It hurts his feelers when someone mentions his size, or lack of, I should say. Poor thing has tried all kinds of food to help him bulk up, but nothing works. :helpme: :helpme:

LHexPlayer
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM

We know, you already told us that on page 6.

navscanmaster
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Liberty Hill is showing signs of starting to roll like they always do. Brownwood is kind of mired in a tough early season schedule, much like Liberty Hill, but they haven't found that winning combination yet. I don't think they will be able to find it this week, but I would not be surprised if they do. I will still go with Liberty Hill 41, Brownwood 28. Good luck to both teams.

Boomer
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Alright, 1st quarter was good. But it was against Burnet, they haven't won a game yet! Come on dude, face it, yall have a loosing record and have not proved anything. You have all the right to say that BW is one of the best teams in 3A, but as of now, yall haven't proved it!!

Beat LH, one of the best teams in state, then i'll start believing in yall. Until then, your team isn't close to being a heavyweight in 3A.

IHStangFan
09-14-2008, 10:52 PM
with Go Blue's math.:thinking: :doh: Go Blue is wrong w/ Go Blue's math. BUT....it amazes me how some like to play the "Team A beat Team B, and Team B beat team C, so Team A will CRUSH team C" game. It simply isn't that easy. Some teams just match up better than others......for example...you have a team that runs the ball well and plays a team who's run D is lacking...they crush them....but that same team who has a crappy run D has a great pass D....and say...the team that ran the ball lost to the team that throws the ball......and then the throwing team meets up w/ the team w/ the crappy run D...but remember..they have a great pass D...and their D shuts down the passing team who beat the running team.....

Is you head spinning yet? :D

buff4ever
09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
LH will be in the 30's and Brownwood will be at about 21.

I think LH will be in late-middle season form during early-middle season.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't make predictions, but since I am driving to LH to see this game, I am hoping it's a good close one....I would hate to go all that way to watch a blow out!!

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Dear God,

Please hear me, Oh Lord, as I ask a favor of you. I know I am not worthy, and that you owe me nothing. But just in case you are handing out favors, I wanted to see if I could cash one in early.

You see, my friend Rocket has gone and done it again. I would explain in detail what I am refering to, but I hear its all the "gossip rage" in your neighborhood, so I am sure you are hip to what I am talking about. Anyways, what I am asking for is not a Brownwood victory this Friday night (we all know even THAT is something you can't change), but that you watch over Rocket and protect him from the butt-chewing he is going to receive on Saturday morning. I personally did what I could do...I even wrote a poem, for goodness sakes...he just won't listen.

We all know you will HAVE to do something. Maybe a few hundred crickets, a wilting crop or even a couple of oozing sores....but nothing too drastic...please...thats all I am asking for. I ask as your humble servant, and as someone who is growing wary of wincing at some of his posts.

Thank you.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 12:11 AM
One last thing, God...any update on those Lotto numbers?

R1Editor
09-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Who wins and why?

I believe that Brownwood needs this win from a mental stand point. I believe that most Lion fans felt like this would be a game of two undefeated teams at this point. To prove a point to the 3A world at the very least the Lions need to keep this game close or better yet win it. I believe Liberty Hill has too many weapons for the Lions so I pick Liberty Hill by 13.

espn1
09-15-2008, 08:46 AM
This will be a close game! I give the nod to LH becase they're at home! If LH's secondary doesn't show up. B'wood could take this one.

KingRob
09-15-2008, 08:52 AM
LH at Home. Brownwood will suffer third loss in a row. The panthers will break away in the 4th.

LH - 31
Brownwood - 21

This is going to be a great game!

Pick6
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Couldn't you find a better game than this one :)

LH's 2nd team will be in early in the 2nd half. LH by double digits.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Couldn't you find a better game than this one :)

I'm with you on that one. A 1-2 has been vs. the juggernaut that
is Liberty Hill as the game of the week?:confused:

Hey R1Editor and you Brownwood folks.....:taunt: :D

Bullaholic
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Brownwood goes to 1-3, thanks to their "Running of the Bulls" schedule. I think Brownwood will be pumped up for this one---and we all know what a factor motivation can be for teams---but LH has met some really motivated teams in the last couple of seasons who are bent on knocking them off, and if anyone knows how to handle it--they do. LH by 10 or better, because they ain't numero uno for nothing.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2008, 10:36 AM
How's yall secondary? Because they're going to be making alot of tackles:devil:

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Lost another game where we were leading. This is something we gotta fix.

Bottom line is you lost.

DaHop72
09-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Bottom line is you lost. Should sound familiar to you. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
LH's 2nd team will be in early in the 2nd half. LH by double digits.
Heck, if this game goes like the others, some could be on the field in the 1st quarter. We've had at least 5 kids with carries each game, and this past Friday, there were 9. :)

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Heck, if this game goes like the others, some could be on the field in the 1st quarter. We've had at least 5 kids with carries each game, and this past Friday, there were 9. :)

Maybe ya'll should quit playing all these cupcakes.:thinking: :devil: :D

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Maybe ya'll should quit playing all these cupcakes.:thinking: :devil: :D
For real! I wondered when the schedule came out why none of the non-district games were against tougher teams. :devil: ;)

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Bottom line is you lost.

Yes BW Lions...we lost.

clemsmarina
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM

They're going to have get the linemen off of them before they attempt to tackle anyone....

Rocket
09-15-2008, 12:15 PM

OK ok, noboey's right. I can't stay away and I don't want to.

I was going to ask you the same thing, Daddy. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
OK ok, noboey's right. I can't stay away and I don't want to.

That's the spirit! :clap: :cheerl: :clap:

I was going to ask you the same thing, Daddy. ;)
Remember...they're "mediocre". I thought you knew that. :p ;)

Rocket
09-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Top 10 Reasons why Brownwood beats Liberty Hill:

#10. Brownwood was a 4A team last season. :rolleyes:
#9. Brownwood is due a win.
#8. Liberty Hill is due a loss.
#7. Brownwood plays better on the road.
#6. The Lions are pissed and hungry.
#5. wimbo_pro picked Liberty Hill. (wimbo curse)
#4. The 2 teams that Brownwood has lost to are better than the 2 teams Liberty Hill has beat. :rolleyes:
#3. La Vega may be the best team in the country and it took a perfect half to beat Brownwood. :rolleyes:
#2. Brownwood's state championships and tradition outweigh Liberty Hill's state championships and streak. :rolleyes:

and...

#1. Because I said so!

The :rolleyes: signifies me poking fun at myself and lots of sarcasm.

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
HEY!!! Leave me out of this!

(though I did pick the Houston Texans to win opening day...hmmmm)

garciap77
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Brownwood 28
LH 21

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Brownwood 28
LH 21

That's just crazy talk, Garcia.

Snydertigersrul
09-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Good thing this is not six-man or the game would be called at halftime.

LIBEERTY HILL 45
BROWNWOOD 00

Ranger Mom
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM

LIBEERTY HILL 45
BROWNWOOD 00

Funny....you didn't SEEM crazy when I met you!!:crazy: :crazy:

Lion_Addict
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM

LIBEERTY HILL 45
BROWNWOOD 00

:blahblah: :blahblah: . You got picked on alot when you were just a wee little turdlette didn't ya Droolster? Lots of blows to the head maybe? Or maybe just too much "BEER" (LIBEERTY :confused: ) . Need to come on back down to earth dude!

Rocket
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM

LIBEERTY HILL 45
BROWNWOOD 00

Snydertigerssuc

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes BW Lions...we lost.

I apologize for that statement. I was retaliating for something that I thought wimbro_pro said earlier. After going back and checking, it was a case of mistaken identity. :blush:

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Should sound familiar to you. :doh:

Okay sport. I apologized for the mistaken identity.

DaHop72
09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Okay sport. I apologized for the mistaken identity. :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

LH_Tuff
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm just happy that Liberty Hill finally has a home game!

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I've got to admit, I've gotten into a bad habit of going through and reading all the negative things on this board and then going back and resonding with negative posts of my own in retaliation. I've got to stop doing that. At times I catch myself being a little too sensitive about the bashing of my Brownwood Lions. ;)

wimbo_pro
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
No biggy, BWLions...a big win this Friday will solve all your ills...and much of the ill-will on the board!

BwdLions
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
No biggy, BWLions...a big win this Friday will solve all your ills...and much of the ill-will on the board!

Those are encouraging words wimbo_pro. I know it will be a big upset to beat LH at their place this year, but I've got faith that my Lions can do it. Thanks!

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
You'd be happy, anyway. :p

LHexPlayer
09-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Hush it Wimbo!:rolleyes:

R1Editor
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM

:thinking: Region I
Breckenridge-Vernon, Graham-Iowa Park, Monahans-Pecos or Liberty Hill-Brownwood. :thinking:
Of course, with a simple PM, you or Pick6 can become the R1editor and pick Sweetwater-Clyde.:taunt: :taunt:

Bullaholic
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM

LOL. SW Red---I see you still like to play Russian Roulette with 5 in the cylinder.... :D

Pick6
09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
[BOf course, with a simple PM, you or Pick6 can become the R1editor and pick Sweetwater-Clyde.:taunt: :taunt: [/B]

I'm fine with your pick, I was just having a little fun with it. Ya know, kinda :stirpot:

garciap77
09-15-2008, 04:32 PM
That's just crazy talk, Garcia.

We will see!

:D :D :D

kepdawg
09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
If the offensive line issues get fixed, all the running backs play, the quarterback makes smarter decisions, and the ball is held on to...Celina will beat them both at the same time! :taunt:

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 05:12 PM
:thinking: Region I
Breckenridge-Vernon, Graham-Iowa Park, Monahans-Pecos or Liberty Hill-Brownwood. :thinking:
Of course, with a simple PM, you or Pick6 can become the R1editor and pick Sweetwater-Clyde.:taunt: :taunt:

I was mocking those that complain and actually mean it while
also taking a shot at Brownwood. All of this while knowing you'd
have a sense of humor. :thumbsup:

I PM'd Admin when they were looking for Editors. I told him
I wasn't smart enough to do it by myself but would be willing
to help whoever volunteered for Region I.:(

But forget all that now. My feelings are hurt.:D

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LOL. SW Red---I see you still like to play Russian Roulette with 5 in the cylinder.... :D

Doesn't everyone?:D :devil:

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM

Don't blame Admin - the info was shared with R1Editor and apparently he agreed (on the "not smart enough"). :eek: ;)

Snydertigersrul
09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Don't blame Admin - the info was shared with R1Editor and apparently he agreed (on the "not smart enough"). :eek: ;)

Rocket, Oh, I mean the Region 1 editor, probably doesn't think he needs any help.

DaHop72
09-15-2008, 06:29 PM
I was mocking those that complain and actually mean it while
also taking a shot at Brownwood. All of this while knowing you'd
have a sense of humor. :thumbsup:

But forget all that now. My feelings are hurt.:D I need to pm the R1editor and tell him you have no feelings.:devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Rocket, Oh, I mean the Region 1 editor, probably doesn't think he needs any help.

Why, pray tell, would we have Rocket as our Region I editor?? YOU haven't even been on this board long enough to have been considered so why would we chose a relative newcomer?......no offense to Rocket!!

Our Region I editor is the same editor that finished out last year after the demise of KTA!

Rocket
09-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Why, pray tell, would we have Rocket as our Region I editor?? YOU haven't even been on this board long enough to have been considered so why would we chose a relative newcomer?......no offense to Rocket!!

Our Region I editor is the same editor that finished out last year after the demise of KTA!

No offense taken. Snydertigerssuc is just jealous because Brownwood and Liberty Hill have both been GOTW in this 4 week young season. HA HA

Snydertigersrul
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
No offense taken. Snydertigerssuc is just jealous because Brownwood and Liberty Hill have both been GOTW in this 4 week young season. HA HA

At least we don't have a LOSING record and I could care less. Make Brownwood the game of the week every week if you want. THREE IN A ROW IS HANGING AROUND THE CORNER.

Rocket
09-15-2008, 06:57 PM
At least we don't have a LOSING record and I could care less. Make Brownwood the game of the week every week if you want. THREE IN A ROW IS HANGING AROUND THE CORNER.

Oh NO! Not 3 losses! Please not that! AHHHHHHHH! So what if it happens? I would much rather get beat by Liberty Hill than Big Spring. :rolleyes:

Have fun playing your non-district cupcakes because District is right around the corner.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I would much rather get beat by Liberty Hill than Big Spring. :rolleyes:
That's bound to leave a mark!

Modoc
09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
LH wins BIG. I mean big. Brownwood looked like very average to me.

hollywood
09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, we aren't very good at all. LH might as well start preparing for next weeks game. I think we'll just send our JV and have them play Friday night instead of Thursday night, because we don't have a chance. We are 1-2 after all. Go ahead, keep talking, we love it!

R1Editor
09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Rocket, Oh, I mean the Region 1 editor, probably doesn't think he needs any help. Remember this, it still stands if you are man enough to take it.

Are you willing to put your screen name and posting rights up if you're wrong and I'll put mine up if you're right.:thinking:

That's what I thought.

Eric Cartman
09-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Don't count BW out yet, they're pretty lucky with going 5-5 and winning a coin flip to get into the playoffs:D :clap:

Lion_Addict
09-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Eric Cartman
Don't count BW out yet, they're pretty lucky with going 5-5 and winning a coin flip to get into the playoffs:D :clap:

Not figuring we're gonna have to count on a coin flip, but I would take that "luck" any day! Way ahead of myself right here but I'm feeling froggy this morning ("rubbit"). Mark it down.....Not too many out there that will want to have to face Brownwood come playoff time ;) :devil:

Rocket
09-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Remember this, it still stands if you are man enough to take it.

That's what I thought.

He isn't man enough to take that bet. He isn't even a man.

BwdLions
09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
He isn't man enough to take that bet. He isn't even a man.

:iagree:

firstcat
09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
I think we'll just send our JV and have them play Friday night instead of Thursday night...

From what I've heard, maybe you should...:stirpot: :stirpot:

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by firstcat

Rut Roh This cat is getting frisky.:D

Rocket
09-16-2008, 10:14 AM

Feeling that pressure yet, LH? Wow, you could wake up to being just another 3A, no more streak, and out of the Top 10. Hero to Zero in 2.5 hours. Sweating yet? Brownwood has nothing to lose, LH has everything to lose. Yep, I like our chances.

:stirpot: :evilgrin: :eek: :D

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Feeling that pressure yet, LH? Wow, you could wake up to being just another 3A, no more streak, and out of the Top 10. Hero to Zero in 2.5 hours. Sweating yet? Brownwood has nothing to lose, LH has everything to lose. Yep, I like our chances.

How would we have everything to lose? Is this the last game of our season? If so then this was the quickest season yet. At least keep your smack talk consistant with your attitude towards your own team's season not being over with yet. You're reaching here Rocket and it reeks of desperation.

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 10:24 AM

The last words of a desperate team are always the "we have nothing to lose and they have everything to lose" speech. You guys are already there at week 3. WOW things are worse off in BW then I thought.:doh:

Rocket
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
The last words of a desperate team are always the "we have nothing to lose and they have everything to lose" speech. You guys are already there at week 3. WOW things are worse off in BW then I thought.:doh:

No, LH has a streak, a #1 Ranking, and your 3-0 record over our 1-2 record. Not you in particular, but your LH fans and other 3A fans are holding that in real high esteem. Crowning ya'll the lone team on Top of 3A. That is what I am addressing. Not the fact that you can do great in the playoffs. We have no rank to lose, no streak to lose, and no rep to lose (everybody already thinks we suck). That is what I am talking about. Desperation? Nope, just the facts. So yeah, I would say you have something to lose. We have everything to gain, and that could start with a BIG win on Friday Night. Losses are real hard to take when they aren't supposed to happen, ask Celina.

Can you feel that big target on your back? ha ha

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
No, LH has a streak, a #1 Ranking, and your 3-0 record over our 1-2 record. Not you in particular, but your LH fans and other 3A fans are holding that in real high esteem. Crowning ya'll the lone team on Top of 3A. That is what I am addressing. Not the fact that you can do great in the playoffs. We have no rank to lose, no streak to lose, and no rep to lose (everybody already thinks we suck). That is what I am talking about. Desperation? Nope, just the facts. So yeah, I would say you have something to lose. We have everything to gain, and that could start with a BIG win on Friday Night.

Can you feel that big target on your back? ha ha

Nope can't feel a thing! The only thing we will feel is that bump on the field as we run your Lions over.:D

Rocket
09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Nope can't feel a thing! The only thing we will feel is that bump on the field as we run your Lions over.:D

Yeah, the same goes for you cute little secondary. Buhdump...oops sorry little fella...ha ha

firstcat
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
The only thing that truly matters is who plays the very last game of the season...streaks are fun, pre-district games are beneficial, and rankings mean squat.
We have nothing to prove. The burden of the upset is on Brownwood, and it will take them playing to perfection...all LH needs to do is keep on keeping on and play their game like they know how to do.
If (and we won't) we lose to Brownwood, and the streak (and it won't) comes to an end, then worse case scenario - LH continues on in pursuit of the 11th 3-peat in history and the BLING from the TRIPLE RINGS!!!

BOW DOWN brownwood!!! (beware - this is the cocky part from fan-dom...please don't interpret it as classlessness)...you ain't nothin' but practice for the real deal.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
The only thing that truly matters is who plays the very last game of the season...streaks are fun, pre-district games are beneficial, and rankings mean squat.
We have nothing to prove. The burden of the upset is on Brownwood, and it will take them playing to perfection...all LH needs to do is keep on keeping on and play their game like they know how to do.
If (and we won't) we lose to Brownwood, and the streak (and it won't) comes to an end, then worse case scenario - LH continues on in pursuit of the 11th 3-peat in history and the BLING from the TRIPLE RINGS!!!

BOW DOWN brownwood!!! (beware - this is the cocky part from fan-dom...please don't interpret it as classlessness)...you ain't nothin' but practice for the real deal.

LH has everything to prove. Keep telling yourself that it is just another game. That's fine. All I am saying is the pressure is on Liberty Hill, not Brownwood. We are supposed to lose this game, we suck remember? You may not think all that stuff means much, but those kids sure do, and the pressure of keeping it going and not losing will catch up with you soon, if not Friday Night.

Get ready, ok? Brownwood won't bow down to you because you are LH, you can best believe that. I hope your team doesn't have your mentality, "We are LH everybody bow down". LOL

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2008, 11:11 AM
LH has everything to prove. Keep telling yourself that it is just another game. That's fine. All I am saying is the pressure is on Liberty Hill, not Brownwood. We are supposed to lose this game, we suck remember? You may not think all that stuff means much, but those kids sure do, and the pressure of keeping it going and not losing will catch up with you soon, if not Friday Night.

Get ready, ok? Brownwood won't bow down to you because you are LH, you can best believe that. I hope your team doesn't have your mentality, "We are LH everybody bow down". LOL

What does LH have to prove?

BEAST
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Bow Down? Keep drinking that kool aid. Son we will never bow down even in defeat. Keep thinking that crap, your dbs will be bowing down.

BEAST

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Rocket, Rocket....you expected all of 3A to "bow down" to Brownwood. Silly goose!

I admit the "bow down" noise from the Hill is a bit much, but hey if you don't like it ... shut 'em up! :eek: :devil: :D

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

See my 2 previous posts.

Pick6
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM

He's fishing for hope. That's all he has right now.

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
See my 2 previous posts.

sorry but I still dont see valid reasons why LH has something to prove in a non-district game

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:23 AM
sorry but I still dont see valid reasons why LH has something to prove in a non-district game

Seems like Brownwood has a ton to prove... I guess LH gets another free pass. figures... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Rocket, Rocket....you expected all of 3A to "bow down" to Brownwood. Silly goose!

I admit the "bow down" noise from the Hill is a bit much, but hey if you don't like it ... shut 'em up! :eek: :devil: :D

P4S, I never said bow down.. Why you bringing up old stuff? Let it die... LOL

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Seems like Brownwood has a ton to prove... I guess LH gets another free pass. figures... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont think either team has anything to prove..Yes it would mean something if B-Wood wins, but neither team need this win to announce themselves or to prove their abilities

but if you want to keep pushing it..yes B-Wood has more to prove if someone has to label this game as one team needing to "prove" itself

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2008, 11:27 AM

You said yourself that Brownwood plays a rough non-district
schedule to get ready for district and the playoffs. So in essence
the non-district games are nothing but glorified practices. Neither
team has anything to prove IMO.

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 11:29 AM
You said yourself that Brownwood plays a rough non-district
schedule to get ready for district and the playoffs. So in essence
the non-district games are nothing but glorified practices. Neither
team has anything to prove IMO.

He doesn't remember what he says.;)

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I dont think either team has anything to prove..Yes it would mean something if B-Wood wins, but neither team need this win to announce themselves or to prove their abilities

but if you want to keep pushing it..yes B-Wood has more to prove if someone has to label this game as one team needing to "prove" itself

Well, I would agree totally with you on that. I am talking about all the hype that I am not buying into about LH. The same goes with Brownwood. We can sit back and look at records and that's about it right now. I am talking about proving they are worthy of a #1 Ranking, which they inherited from last season. Are they really worthy of it? That is what I am talking about proving. Other than that, they could very well end up another state champion. Either way, Brownwood and Liberty Hil both come out better teams after this game.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
He doesn't remember what he says.;)

That is true... well to a point.

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
I am talking about proving they are worthy of a #1 Ranking, which they inherited from last season. Are they really worthy of it? That is what I am talking about proving.

I honestly dont think that ranking means anything to the LH team..to the fans, maybe...but not the team

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I honestly dont think that ranking means anything to the LH team..to the fans, maybe...but not the team

Not talking trash to the team, I am talking to the fans...
Like Mr. Bow Down... LOL

Rankings are usually not accurate. That is my point in all this.

firstcat
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
edited

Black_Magic
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, I would agree totally with you on that. I am talking about all the hype that I am not buying into about LH. Not buying into Hype of LH???? what Hype? two time defending state champs? you call that hype? No .. Hype is a 4 a that didnt make the playoffs last year and people thinking the school is going to play for a state championship. I think thats Hype.. not a deffending state champ. defending state champs speaks fore its self and is in no way Hype IMO...:rolleyes:

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:37 AM

If you want to bring intellect into smack talking, I guess we can. It kind of ruins the mood though. I am bored and just trying to pass the time. Does E really =MC2?

nobogey72
Yeah, the same goes for you cute little secondary. Buhdump...oops sorry little fella...ha ha

I'm not saying that Paschal and the 2 6'4 WR's won't light it up Friday night, but to do so, somebody better block #6. It's funny how a great pash rush can make DB's look all-state. #6 for LH impressed the fire out of me.

The other thing I could tell the BW fans is to watch LH in the pre-game when they are running 2 huddles of offense with no defense. When you can't even tell who has the ball when there is no defense out there....... you know it's difficult when there is a defense. To me, the by far most impressive thing about LH is their O-line. They will flat fire out and hit you in the mouth.

:clap: :clap:

LHexPlayer
Well, I would agree totally with you on that. I am talking about all the hype that I am not buying into about LH. The same goes with Brownwood. We can sit back and look at records and that's about it right now. I am talking about proving they are worthy of a #1 Ranking, which they inherited from last season. Are they really worthy of it? That is what I am talking about proving. Other than that, they could very well end up another state champion. Either way, Brownwood and Liberty Hil both come out better teams after this game.

How would any team right now be worthy of a number one rating? The only team that is worthy is the one still standing at the end of the season. Not who is playing good in week 3. Don't be so hung up on rankings. They mean absolutely nothing in high school football. They are voted on by writers that know nothing about the teams they vote for. Do you really think a scrub sports writer in Lubbock knows a dang thing about Liberty Hill? All they would know is we won the DI title last year. And some probably don't even know that.

This game was set up to test our teams. To see what our weakness is and give us something to work on. If that happens wheither you scored more points or not is a good game. We will have acheived our goals by playing each other.

If you want respect, then earn it on the field. Win games you are not suppose to win. If you do that you gain some respect. If we lose to you guys it shows that we are not where we need to be yet. But I don't see how we would lose respect for losing a game in predistrict.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Not buying into Hype of LH???? what Hype? two time defending state champs? you call that hype? No .. Hype is a 4 a that didnt make the playoffs last year and people thinking the school is going to play for a state championship. I think thats Hype.. not a deffending state champ. defending state champs speaks fore its self and is in no way Hype IMO...:rolleyes:

LOL Hmmmmm.... Snyder sucks... Next?

firstcat
09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
To me, the by far most impressive thing about LH is their O-line. They will flat fire out and hit you in the mouth.

I couldn't agree more! Bread and Butter baby, thanks for singing for the heroes! I am, of course, very biased on the subject.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
How would any team right now be worthy of a number one rating? The only team that is worthy is the one still standing at the end of the season. Not who is playing good in week 3. Don't be so hung up on rankings. They mean absolutely nothing in high school football. They are voted on by writers that know nothing about the teams they vote for. Do you really think a scrub sports writer in Lubbock knows a dang thing about Liberty Hill? All they would know is we won the DI title last year. And some probably don't even know that.

This game was set up to test our teams. To see what our weakness is and give us something to work on. If that happens wheither you scored more points or not is a good game. We will have acheived our goals by playing each other.

If you want respect, then earn it on the field. Win games you are not suppose to win. If you do that you gain some respect. If we lose to you guys it shows that we are not where we need to be yet. But I don't see how we would lose respect for losing a game in predistrict.

Oh goodness..

Hey LH Panther Mom and Ranger Mom... I tried to mix it up and talk some smack... but these people want to talk about reality and stuff. I tried..

I agree with you guys... just having some fun. I hate rankings. Usually bearing a #1 Raning is a curse because you will get the best from each team trying to knock you off. You are also right about rankings not meaning anything until the last game is played.

As far as the circus offense and the trickery, most of the fans know and the team knows... you aren't telling us anything we don't know about. Hopefully they will trick themselves out and drop that ball all night., but I wouldn't count on it.

LHexPlayer
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh goodness..

Hey LH Panther Mom and Ranger Mom... I tried to mix it up and talk some smack... but these people want to talk about reality and stuff. I tried..

I agree with you guys... just having some fun. I hate rankings. Usually bearing a #1 Raning is a curse because you will get the best from each team trying to knock you off. You are also right about rankings not meaning anything until the last game is played.

As far as the circus offense and the trickery, most of the fans know and the team knows... you aren't telling us anything we don't know about. Hopefully they will trick themselves out and drop that ball all night., but I wouldn't count on it.

That was talking smack? hahaha I thought you were crying over there.:D

firstcat
09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I have never said Brownwood sucks...in fact, I have been known to say that our biggest tests are coming in pre-season. Much credit to the Brownwood team, at least from this cat! I also know that this is High School Football, and on any given Friday any team can rise to the occasion and take the win!
As for what I think as it relates to the kids...I'm a fan, it is going to vary...but to clarify, I meant it doesn't matter in the "grand scheme of things".
And as for our team having my mentality. They take care of business...it is up to us fans to boast about it...Your "feelers" are hanging out, I'll ease up on the smack talk because I see you take it to heart.

Revised cheer for my team (please disregard the previously submitted "bow down"):

I'm so happy,
I'm so proud,
forgive me if
I yell out loud!
Got a victory
in the pocket,
but I'll say no more,
I might hurt Rocket!

Remember dude, this board is all in good fun.

warpig
09-16-2008, 11:51 AM

The other thing I could tell the BW fans is to watch LH in the pre-game when they are running 2 huddles of offense with no defense. When you can't even tell who has the ball when there is no defense out there....... you know it's difficult when there is a defense. To me, the by far most impressive thing about LH is their O-line. They will flat fire out and hit you in the mouth.

I have seen liberty hill play and there offensive line is really good. But, just because the average fan doesn't know where the ball is doesn't mean the defense doesn't know. I am quite sure that the defensive gurus who watch the game tapes will know where the ball is going by the reads the line gives and they will convey that to the kids. At least they should. Stopping it is another matter.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
quote:

First, I have never said Brownwood sucks...in fact, I have been known to say that our biggest tests are coming in pre-season. Much credit to the Brownwood team, at least from this cat! I also know that this is High School Football, and on any given Friday any team can rise to the occasion and take the win!
As for what I think as it relates to the kids...I'm a fan, it is going to vary...but to clarify, I meant it doesn't matter in the "grand scheme of things".
And as for our team having my mentality. They take care of business...it is up to us fans to boast about it...Your "feelers" are hanging out, I'll ease up on the smack talk because I see you take it to heart.

Revised cheer for my team (please disregard the previously submitted "bow down"):

I'm so happy,
I'm so proud,
forgive me if
I yell out loud!
Got a victory
in the pocket,
but I'll say no more,
I might hurt Rocket!

Remember dude, this board is all in good fun.

Oh goodness... I won't lose any sleep over anything on here... Tell us to BOW DOWN. I don't care. LOL

Yeah, like I said I tried. I am usually the one defending, not starting. Not real good at starting it all up.

The fact is we got a heck of a game to watch Friday night and I can't get no work done. CRAP!

firstcat
09-16-2008, 12:07 PM
You are so right, Rocket! This week is already dragging!

Hey...did you ever realize that Brownwood is almost an anagram for Bow Down?...well almost!
:devil:

As Super R would say....Come on with the Come on!!!

Let the smack-talk continue!

garciap77
09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Brownwood wins this one! :2thumbsup

Daddy D 11
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Rocket, I am quite sure that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard you say. AND you have said alot of dumb stuff:eek:

Records is all anyone ever has to look at Rocket, that's where ranking come from:doh:

At one point we held the 3A Division I Title AND the 3a Division II Title:p We've won 27 games in a row:cool: I'm pretty sure it's not hype.

And about having something to prove, we dont have anything to prove. We just have EXPECTATIONS to win, because its been 2 calender years since we've walked off a field as losers.

You're perfectly correct about Brownwood not having any expectations, because you have not even proven that you can win 2 games in a row in 3A yet...

firstcat
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
You're perfectly correct about Brownwood not having any expectations, because you have not even proven that you can win 2 games in a row in 3A yet...

ouch....

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM

In the words of Michael Kelso.....BURN! :spitlol:

rockdale80
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

Rocket
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Rocket, I am quite sure that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard you say. AND you have said alot of dumb stuff:eek:

Records is all anyone ever has to look at Rocket, that's where ranking come from:doh:

At one point we held the 3A Division I Title AND the 3a Division II Title:p We've won 27 games in a row:cool: I'm pretty sure it's not hype.

And about having something to prove, we dont have anything to prove. We just have EXPECTATIONS to win, because its been 2 calender years since we've walked off a field as losers.

Oh goodness... I have said stuff much dumber than that and I am sure to say stuff way dumber than that in the future. If you think that was dumb, read on. Sometimes I feel like I have to dumb it down for some of you, especially you Daddy... :eek:

One little problem with that. The team that did all that is gone. Bye Bye. You see, every May there is this event they call graduation, and when kids complete the 12th grade, they leave. This means they are not eligible to play High School sports anymore. So all of those students that were in 12th grade last year, they are gone and you have a whole new team (dynamic). You have some that may have good experience that were 11th graders last season, and some under classmen that are still learning the Varsity level. That is what makes me not sure that you still "deserve" the #1 Ranking. Based on record and the past, I guess you do "deserve" it. Based on how you have been playing, um no. But its ok to be a homer and say you are good. I do that too. :D :eek:

At one point we blah blah blah??? LOL You'll be in Brownwood's boat soon, maybe this season. "Well back in the good ol' days!!!" LOL and then everybody will tell you to shut up. I think it will be this season. Enjoy it, cuz you probably won't see it again for a LONG time.

Yeah Brownwood sucks... no expectations... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

clemsmarina
09-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by warpig
I am quite sure that the defensive gurus who watch the game tapes will know where the ball is going by the reads the line gives and they will convey that to the kids.

Yep, it's that simple....

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 03:20 PM

One little problem with that. The team that did all that is gone. Bye Bye. You see, every May there is this event they call graduation, and when kids complete the 12th grade, they leave. This means they are not eligible to play High School sports anymore. So all of those students that were in 12th grade last year, they are gone and you have a whole new team (dynamic). You have some that may have good experience that were 11th graders last season, and some under classmen that are still learning the Varsity level. That is what makes me not sure that you still "deserve" the #1 Ranking. Based on record and the past, I guess you do "deserve" it. Based on how you have been playing, um no. But its ok to be a homer and say you are good. I do that too. :D :eek:

:doh: :helpme:

Nevermind....i'll let you play. You make my head hurt! :D

Rocket
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
:doh: :helpme:

Nevermind....i'll let you play. You make my head hurt! :D

Go ahead and take a shot at me P4S...leave all the LH posters alone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Go ahead and take a shot at me P4S...leave all the LH posters alone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bigcry:

I wasn't gonna really take a shot at you. Just a dead horse and the only people that like to beat on dead horses are guys! :eek: :thinking: :D

nobogey72
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Oh goodness... I have said stuff much dumber than that and I am sure to say stuff way dumber than that in the future. If you think that was dumb, read on. Sometimes I feel like I have to dumb it down for some of you, especially you Daddy... :eek:

At one point we blah blah blah??? LOL You'll be in Brownwood's boat soon, maybe this season. "Well back in the good ol' days!!!" LOL and then everybody will tell you to shut up. I think it will be this season. Enjoy it, cuz you probably won't see it again for a LONG time.

Yeah Brownwood sucks... no expectations... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: To quote "Radio"......."No, Radio like lamth grade. No, Coach Jones Radio stay in lamth grade."

Super_R
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Everyone has something to prove!!!

LH has to prove it to themselves and each other that they are ready to gear up and go to war...and they have to prove that they can win that war. That doesn't happen on Friday nights. It happens every day.

You don't win 27 games in a row and back to back state championships on accident! Those players and coaches have done their homework...and busted their tails to be ready for war.

Brownwood has lost 6 games in the past season and a bit...they have won only one more than they have lost.

You have to go back 4+ season to find LH's 6th loss.

Playing against the LH Panthers is like swimming with jaws...you will get hurt...and you will lose the battle.

I'll see you guys on Friday.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
:bigcry:

I wasn't gonna really take a shot at you. Just a dead horse and the only people that like to beat on dead horses are guys! :eek: :thinking: :D

Just messing with ya, P4S...

Somebody please show no boey how to work the quote feature.

Rocket
09-16-2008, 03:39 PM

LH has to prove it to themselves and each other that they are ready to gear up and go to war...and they have to prove that they can win that war. That doesn't happen on Friday nights. It happens every day.

You don't win 27 games in a row and back to back state championships on accident! Those players and coaches have done their homework...and busted their tails to be ready for war.

Brownwood has lost 6 games in the past season and a bit...they have won only one more than they have lost.

Playing against the LH Panthers is like swimming with jaws...you will get hurt...and you will lose the battle.

Finally, a good post. Daddy, take notes...

Pick6
09-16-2008, 03:48 PM
But its ok to be a homer and say you are good. I do that too. :D :eek:

I guess it's easy to lie to oneself. :thinking:

firstcat
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Rocket, you do so confuse me....and save me the "easily confused" come-backs...

Super-R, great as always!

(Why didn't I use the shark analogy????):doh:

Rocket
09-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Rocket, you do so confuse me....and save me the "easily confused" come-backs...

Super-R, great as always!

(Why didn't I use the shark analogy????):doh:

Filibuster tactics...

I need some help...Can't take on the whole Liberty Hill and other 3A supporters of Liberty Hill on my own!

:doh:

Daddy D 11
09-16-2008, 04:12 PM

I tought super R everything he knows:p

BEAST
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I have been quite as long as I can possibly stand it. Get a chissel and stone and start scratchin. Brownwood will end the streak Friday night. The offense started clicking last week for the first time and I know LHs defense is not Stephenvilles.

Another thing, Go Blue I hear you was hoping to meet me, you still going to go to the game

BEAST

Ranger Mom
09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I tought super R everything he knows:p

You "tought" him, did ya??:p :p

nobogey72
09-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I have been quite as long as I can possibly stand it. Get a chissel and stone and start scratchin. Brownwood will end the streak Friday night. The offense started clicking last week for the first time and I know LHs defense is not Stephenvilles.

Another thing, Go Blue I hear you was hoping to meet me, you still going to go to the game

BEAST

Ya'll think BWD will take a crowd to LH? From what LHPM says, there is "limited seating" on the visitor's side.

BEAST
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes we will take a crowd. After half I would imagine most of the Libery Hill fans will be leaving so we can sit on their side.

BEAST

Rocket
09-16-2008, 04:36 PM

So how long did Liberty Hill suck before they stopped being a District whipping boy? You failed to mention that in your post.

BEAST
09-16-2008, 04:43 PM
So how long did Liberty Hill suck before they stopped being a District whipping boy? You failed to mention that in your post.

They sucked at one point in time? OMG. Impossible. They are the unstoppable and unbreakable.

BEAST

firstcat
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes we will take a crowd. After half I would imagine most of the Libery Hill fans will be leaving so we can sit on their side.

BEAST

That confirms my suspicions...you know nothing.

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
So how long did Liberty Hill suck before they stopped being a District whipping boy? You failed to mention that in your post. Does it matter? In your own words "One little problem with that. The team that did all that is gone. Bye Bye. You see, every May there is this event they call graduation, and when kids complete the 12th grade, they leave. This means they are not eligible to play High School sports anymore. So all of those students that were in 12th grade last year, they are gone and you have a whole new team (dynamic). You have some that may have good experience that were 11th graders last season, and some under classmen that are still learning the Varsity level."

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Here sat Rocket
All broken hearted
Tried to cause a stink on the DL
But only farted.

:p

Pick6
09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Does it matter? In your own words "One little problem with that. The team that did all that is gone. Bye Bye. You see, every May there is this event they call graduation, and when kids complete the 12th grade, they leave. This means they are not eligible to play High School sports anymore. So all of those students that were in 12th grade last year, they are gone and you have a whole new team (dynamic). You have some that may have good experience that were 11th graders last season, and some under classmen that are still learning the Varsity level."

Here sat Rocket
All broken hearted
But only farted.

It's like taking candy from a baby isn't it?

Stownhorse
09-16-2008, 05:09 PM

BEAST

Yea leaving because they will have already sealed the game by then.

Stownhorse

Stownhorse
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Here sat Rocket
All broken hearted
But only farted.

HAHA!