PDA

View Full Version : How we're your baseball predictions?

rangerjim
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
From a March 2008 post I made - not too bad - Detroit and San Diego made my fortune telling skills look bad but I did have Tampa Bay in the playoffs!

Tampa Bay Rays to be my surprise wildcard team in the AL. The usual predicted suspects to win their divisions in the AL (Boston, LA Angels, Detroit - big daddy russ is so smart)..........

...........In the NL the Mets, San Diego, and the Cubbies (I'm a homer). Probabaly the Brewers as wildcard but are the Braves ever far behind? Gonna step out on a limb and say my sleeper pick - Pirates finish last in the NL Central!!![

How did everyone else do?

LAA and the Cubs in the Series. Too early to predict but AL home field advantage gives LAA my prediction edge.

Looking4number8
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I always pick the Rangers to win the World Series, so as usual, I did not pick very well this year.

3afan
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
baseball?

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
my baseball predictions were spot on with every inning of every game - the sport sucks - thus, my predictions of the games all being lame and boring are right in line with where they need to be.:p

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
No Rangers or Astros in World Series, but looks like the Astros still have a chance of getting the wildcard. Tampa Bay Rays big a suprise but looks like they going to lose the lead eventually to the Red Soxs but still make the playoffs.

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't make any predictions. Half of the baseball sports
writers in America had Detroit going to the world series. I can't
tell you how disappointing this season has been being that
I'm a lifetime DETROIT(quiet DaHop!) Tiger fan.:(

Old Tiger
09-15-2008, 12:19 PM
baseball talk in the middle of HS football season! TORBUSH!

crzyjournalist03
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I didn't make any predictions. Half of the baseball sports
writers in America had Detroit going to the world series. I can't
tell you how disappointing this season has been being that
I'm a lifetime DETROIT(quiet DaHop!) Tiger fan.:(

Don't feel bad...it could be worse...you could also be a Lions fan!

:p

Oh wait...

:devil:

At least you've got the Red Wings?! :D

Sweetwater Red
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Don't feel bad...it could be worse...you could also be a Lions fan!

:p

Oh wait...

:devil:

At least you've got the Red Wings?! :D

Don't get me started on the Lions or Wolverines.:(

SintonFan_inAustin
09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
did the astros get no hit again? heard on the radio they were being no hit thru 5 innings today and they got No HIT yesterday :doh:

Maroon87
09-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
did the astros get no hit again? heard on the radio they were being no hit thru 5 innings today and they got No HIT yesterday :doh:

No...Mark Loretta got a hit in the 6th or 7th. You can tell their minds are elsewhere, and who can blame them? Now it's off to Florida and Pittsburgh.