PDA

View Full Version : American Red Cross Donations

3afan
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
It's easy - do it ONLINE (http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ggl_main&s_subsrc=DonateToRedCross&s_src=F7FWE001&gclid=CIzej-bF3JUCFRJdxwodcDMJYA)

Help your fellow Texans!

44INAROW
09-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Great idea 3afan. In 1998, when 3/4 of Cuero was literally underwater, we were blessed by numerous agencies giving of their time and money. Also needed is just plain ole - elbow grease and man power. Young and old can help in food lines, handing out supplies - just about anything. It's a win-win situation, making those that do go and help feel like they've done something to help out their fellow man. It is a truely gratifying feeling!

crabman
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I had never really had a lot of exposure to the Red Cross before the Flood of '98. I had not yet moved to Cuero but my kids went to school here. After the flood everybody helped everybody. You just dove into a neighborhood and started hauling stuff out of houses. Rip out the carpet, rip out the cabinets, cut the sheetrock up 4 feet if that was how high the water was. You worked non-stop. The Red Cross had a van that came around with bottled water for everyone. At meal time they had stew and a couple of slices of bread. To this day, that was some of the best stew I have ever had. It makes you appreciate what those folks do. We talked to those people. They were from out of state somewhere. After they left Cuero they were headed to another state to work another flood. God bless them.

Nursebetty
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Yes, when the flood hit us in 98.......the help from the RED CROSS was tremendous.........God Bless them.......and anyone who is willing to give of their time to help others.

Bull Butter
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Another way to help is to text the word GIVE to 2HELP (24357) on your cell phone. Cost is $5 plus whatever text charges may apply.

Maroon87
09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm still waiting for Sean Penn to show up with his little rowboat.:thinking:

44INAROW
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm still waiting for Sean Penn to show up with his little rowboat.:thinking:

he's waiting on Oprah and Brad :doh:

I've made my donation.. like I said earlier, these folks do a great job - helping folks with life's necessities in a horrible time..

3afan
09-18-2008, 07:56 AM
yes the Red Cross is amazing

on a side note - it really irks me how people bad mouth FEMA when they have no clue the HUGE, MASSIVE problem it is for FEMA to respond to a crisis such as Ike ...... its the ultimate logistical nightmare no matter how much planning takes place

44INAROW
09-27-2008, 08:59 AM
The Gobbler Booster club had a food drive and collected and delivered 1891 pounds of food. Mr44 and Mr Davis pulled the booster club trailer up to the San Antonio Food Bank on Friday - that's alot of food....... Thanks to the generous folks in Cuero for your support :)