PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Education

BobcatBenny
09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I just saw Sammy Morris score a touchdown and I remembered he was a former Tech player.

So I looked up his bio and stats.

It says his salary is $2,956,720. Is this total earnings or annual salary?

If it is annual salary, and he is projected to score 7 touchdowns this season, then he gets paid $422,388.57 per touchdown.

That is not too shabby.

Old Tiger
09-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Why did the Aggie recruit not go to tech?

He didn't want two high school diplomas

Daddy D 11
09-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I like:clap: Scary thing is, i almost went to tech. I liked it up there..

BobcatBenny
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM

From on of my favorite movie characters, Investigator Carl Handratty in "Catch Me if You Can".

Knock ... Knock :D

Phil C
09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Texas Tech and North Texas State are both well known nationally for having a top accounting school.

eagles_victory
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I just saw Sammy Morris score a touchdown and I remembered he was a former Tech player.

So I looked up his bio and stats.

It says his salary is $2,956,720. Is this total earnings or annual salary?

If it is annual salary, and he is projected to score 7 touchdowns this season, then he gets paid $422,388.57 per touchdown.

That is not too shabby. People have these things called agents to help them with this kind of stuff.

BobcatBenny
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People have these things called agents to help them with this kind of stuff.
I am signing with his agent.

WildTexan972
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM

find an aggie with much of a clue and you will have done something....for all you idiots that think aggies are any better educated than anyone else, man you must be stupid...

and most big UT fans just bought a shirt and cap and hopped on the bandwagon....sure shows a solid education there...

after this year's losing season and no bowl game, I am sure plenty of those aggies will be in hiding late in the year....

Keith7
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Texas Tech and North Texas State are both well known nationally for having a top accounting school.

It is the University of North Texas, not North Texas State

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Hey Blue, check out the Big 12 academic statistics since the Marsh Sharp Center opened in 2004. Make sure you do you homework well. Believe me you won't like what you find out in regards to where Tech stands over the past 4 years, and wear your beloved Aggies are in those same four years. I've seen them and they are somewhat shocking.:D

sinton66
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Beloved Aggies????? GO BLUE?????? You must be new.:rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Not new, just know that he has friends there. Actually think a big Horns fan, but the post was in reference to his "joke" he posted.

Pick6
09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

True. The old timers on here know that Go Blue's beloved team is who ever is winning that year. :D

Phil C
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Right you are Keith 7 and thank you for the correction and my apologies for the oversight.

PPHSfan
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Youngsters.

crzyjournalist03
09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Youngsters.

When you were our age, was it still known as Texas Normal College and Teacher Training Institute?

Old Tiger
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Not new, just know that he has friends there. Actually think a big Horns fan, but the post was in reference to his "joke" he posted. actually the joke was a jab at both schools....tech's educational system and aggie's recruiting ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
actually the joke was a jab at both schools....tech's educational system and aggie's recruiting ;)
:thinking: :thinking: You'd be so lucky......at either. :)

popcorn screen
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
My JH student could enroll in TT today and graduate in 4 years with honors. Come on people: An education at Tech vs. UT or A&M - - there is no comparison. You actually have to have high test scores to get into 2 of the 3 schools. :p

Mcguirk
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
You only get out of college what you put in it, so I don't hold much faith in where anyone went to school to predict success. A college only gives you the opportunity, and maybe contacts. There are a lot of factors in success, including timing and luck. And if you measure success by $$$, you can throw all the college stats out the window. I know plenty of old guys who wear tee shirts & coveralls that have more money than most of us can ever imagine. You don't have to have a college education to have
6 or 7 figures in the bank.
And my college was USC- the University of South Cooper, otherwise known as UT Arlington. We were supposed to be the Movin' Mavs, but I swear the mascot was a unicorn. :doh:

RaiderRed2010
09-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
My JH student could enroll in TT today and graduate in 4 years with honors. Come on people: An education at Tech vs. UT or A&M - - there is no comparison. You actually have to have high test scores to get into 2 of the 3 schools. :p

Sorry that all 16 million enrolled students in the US couldn't go to the University of Texas or Texas AM. We all have our reasons for deciding what institution of higher education we would go to...and of course the front runner should be education. Now don't get me wrong there is a lot of things that Texas Tech does wrong but as a Chemical Engineer I would not trade this place for either UT or AM. The problem lies with the amount of endowment money we have...The UT and AM systems, as a whole, have a god awful amount of money which in turn allows them to hire more prestigious faculty (I think UT-Dallas has 5 noble prize winners on their staff whereas we have one and I think he recently left) and recruit more outstanding scholars. I even think that UT and AM have endowment money that comes from the running of oil wells in West Texas giving them somewhere in the area of 4 billion since the wells started up. However, even though the College of Engineering here at TTU does not have the research funding of UT and AM I would like to believe that they are of the same caliber. So if you want to donate some cash I am sure that TTU would name something after you. Anyways my point is...is that if you want to make some little joke poking fun just keep it to yourself because no one truly benefits from it. (And yes I got accepted to TTU, UT, AM and Trinity but again we all have our reasons as to why we ended up where we did)

BobcatBenny
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RaiderRed2010
Sorry that all 16 million enrolled students in the US couldn't go to the University of Texas or Texas AM. We all have our reasons for deciding what institution of higher education we would go to...and of course the front runner should be education. Now don't get me wrong there is a lot of things that Texas Tech does wrong but as a Chemical Engineer I would not trade this place for either UT or AM. The problem lies with the amount of endowment money we have...The UT and AM systems, as a whole, have a god awful amount of money which in turn allows them to hire more prestigious faculty (I think UT-Dallas has 5 noble prize winners on their staff whereas we have one and I think he recently left) and recruit more outstanding scholars. I even think that UT and AM have endowment money that comes from the running of oil wells in West Texas giving them somewhere in the area of 4 billion since the wells started up. However, even though the College of Engineering here at TTU does not have the research funding of UT and AM I would like to believe that they are of the same caliber. So if you want to donate some cash I am sure that TTU would name something after you. Anyways my point is...is that if you want to make some little joke poking fun just keep it to yourself because no one truly benefits from it. (And yes I got accepted to TTU, UT, AM and Trinity but again we all have our reasons as to why we ended up where we did)
Red, slow down dog. Lick your wounds and curl up in the lap of that really hot girl friend you have. UT and A&M alum are just jealous because by the time they meet their future girl friends and wives, which inevitably come from Tech, some nerdy Tech engineering student like yourself has already cast them aside. You get to pick through the hottest of the hot because you were there first. And after soaking up all that good hot chick loving, you still get an excellent education.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I love how disrespectful people can be towards others. It shows a lot about the adults and the members who post on this who can't get away from childish trash talk. Everyone who attends any of these universities possess the same common things, among those a love for their school and more importantly the desire to achieve their goals in life and make better for themselves. I guess some people miss the point in that, and that's too bad.

RMAC
09-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Nice post G.:clap:

RaiderRed2010
09-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Red, slow down dog. Lick your wounds and curl up in the lap of that really hot girl friend you have. UT and A&M alum are just jealous because by the time they meet their future girl friends and wives, which inevitably come from Tech, some nerdy Tech engineering student like yourself has already cast them aside. You get to pick through the hottest of the hot because you were there first. And after soaking up all that good hot chick loving, you still get an excellent education.

It is just one of those things that pushes the right buttons..I guess it is like BBDE said about loving your university. However, turning that love into animosity towards another school just does not make sense to me. If you think the education is bad at a particular university...don't go there simple as that. There is no need from some ill conceived comment that obviously stems from biased thinking. This horse has surely beaten to nothing more than a bloody mass by now but seriously people does life have to be one perpetual pissing contest....

BobcatBenny
09-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by RaiderRed2010
It is just one of those things that pushes the right buttons..I guess it is like BBDE said about loving your university. However, turning that love into animosity towards another school just does not make sense to me. If you think the education is bad at a particular university...don't go there simple as that. There is no need from some ill conceived comment that obviously stems from biased thinking. This horse has surely beaten to nothing more than a bloody mass by now but seriously people does life have to be one perpetual pissing contest....
Well ... in my best Robert Downy Jr. as Kirk Lazarus in "Tropic Thunder" voice ... Never go full BBDE! Look at what happend to Sean Penn. He went full BBDE and now he is just a complete "love in" anti-everything sensitive student athlete type. Never go full BBDE! You need to keep a slight edge and edges are honed by a little friction. :D

Buffgal
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
OK, I've been reading these posts for several days now and since my $$$ goes to LBK, I'm just gonna have to put my only 2 cents I have left in...

I'm hoping that these misinformed people keep thinking that TTU is inferior, etc, etc. I am hoping that this campus and enrollment continues to stay around the same in numbers.

I, for one, am so glad that my kid took the time to drive the terrible drive (several times in fact) to check out this school. I was skeptical at first, having heard all of the above quoted cliches in the past. She is no dummy having been accepted into A & M, UT and LSU with all offering academic scholarships. The personal treatment, the overall student involvement at Texas Tech plus the wide range of majors including a law school, PT school, and medical school sealed the deal. She was also smart enough to know that it was time for her to grow up. Being 8 hours away from home would force her to do that.

It's the diversity of honors/mediocre/hardworking students that are making Texas Tech an affordable gem of education in the middle of nowhere. I liked all the universities that we visited and would have been proud of any that she had chosen to attend but Texas Tech is the best kept secret in Texas higher education.

Texasfootball2
09-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
OK, I've been reading these posts for several days now and since my $$$ goes to LBK, I'm just gonna have to put my only 2 cents I have left in...

I'm hoping that these misinformed people keep thinking that TTU is inferior, etc, etc. I am hoping that this campus and enrollment continues to stay around the same in numbers.

I, for one, am so glad that my kid took the time to drive the terrible drive (several times in fact) to check out this school. I was skeptical at first, having heard all of the above quoted cliches in the past. She is no dummy having been accepted into A & M, UT and LSU with all offering academic scholarships. The personal treatment, the overall student involvement at Texas Tech plus the wide range of majors including a law school, PT school, and medical school sealed the deal. She was also smart enough to know that it was time for her to grow up. Being 8 hours away from home would force her to do that.

It's the diversity of honors/mediocre/hardworking students that are making Texas Tech an affordable gem of education in the middle of nowhere. I liked all the universities that we visited and would have been proud of any that she had chosen to attend but Texas Tech is the best kept secret in Texas higher education. :ditto:

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I represent Texas Tech San Angelo Campus!

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
It's pathetic enough that some feel the need to bash on the other's athletic program; bashing on higher education anywhere is just stupid.

And you know better! Again.....jealousy? :mad: