PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales @ La Grange

Pudlugger
09-14-2008, 12:44 PM
The Apaches travel to La Grange after the Leps come off a break with the canceled Needville game. The Leps should be healthy and ready to play. I'll take the Leps at home where the Apaches have had difficulty winning in recent years. Leps by 14.

zebrablue2
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Apaches travel to La Grange after the Leps come off a break with the canceled Needville game. The Leps should be healthy and ready to play. I'll take the Leps at home where the Apaches have had difficulty winning in recent years. Leps by 14.

:iagree:

IHStangFan
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I'll take the Leps by at least 14. Apaches are not what they were last year. With that said, Gonzales had a pretty darn good team last year. They absolutely THUMPED Ingleside in the playoffs.

Gontex
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Obviously I am going to go with the Apaches by seven. Meredith is beginning to get comfortable at QB and Burton is beginning to get his catches this year. Gonzales has lots of speed available to put on the field and can score on you very quickly. Apaches lost to a pretty good 4A Dripping Springs team and then hung with Lockhart at Lockhart as well. Finally got to play a 3A team this past week and took it out on Canyon Lake.

gobbler grad
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll go with the Apaches, too...:thinking: in a close one!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM
The Apaches travel to La Grange after the Leps come off a break with the canceled Needville game.

Will the Leps make up the game with Needville? Needville would have gave La Grange all they wanted and more, would have liked to see the outcome of this one.

LHS 2SONS
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I think LG will come out flat, after a two week layoff, and being this early in the season. Being a homer, LG will pull it out in the 4th. LG 27 Gonzales 21

LGISD website - the game will not be rescheduled, however I heard, since Needville's and LG's open date are both on Oct. 3, the two schools are trying to work something out. Maybe IHStang has more.

Good Luck to District 25 this week, keep the Wins going, it will be an interesting district if this continues to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Gotta go with our district "rival" Apaches....... Think this game will be closer than many expect it to be!

Go Apaches ;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS

LGISD website - the game will not be rescheduled, however I heard, since Needville's and LG's open date are both on Oct. 3, the two schools are trying to work something out.

There you go both have the same open week, both can play each other. I would like to see how LG plays vs Needville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Good Luck to District 25 this week, keep the Wins going, it will be an interesting district if this continues to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bellville will have the toughest opponent this week in 25, if Bellville can put 4 good quarters together it could be a win.

IHStangFan
09-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I think LG will come out flat, after a two week layoff, and being this early in the season. Being a homer, LG will pull it out in the 4th. LG 27 Gonzales 21

LGISD website - the game will not be rescheduled, however I heard, since Needville's and LG's open date are both on Oct. 3, the two schools are trying to work something out. Maybe IHStang has more.

Good Luck to District 25 this week, keep the Wins going, it will be an interesting district if this continues to happen!!!!!!!!!!!! I know nothing at this time. We just got back home yesterday evening. I will see if I can find anything out. I'd love to see this game too. I think it'd be a really good one.

Nursebetty
09-14-2008, 09:12 PM
I would like to see La Grange stomp the Apaches!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
I would like to see La Grange stomp the Apaches!

Who have the Apaches played? and what were the scores?

buff4ever
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I am picking LG to win this game. I feel that Needville would have been a better test for LG than Gonzales. LG will roll by 14.

R4Editor
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who have the Apaches played? and what were the scores?

Gonzales Apaches
08/29....@ Dripping Springs (13-40) L
09/05....@ Lockhart (26-34) L
09/12....Canyon Lake (49-6) W
09/19....@ La Grange
09/26....Kyle Lehman
10/03....OPEN
10/10....Edna*
10/17....Goliad*
10/24....Yoakum*
10/31....@ Cuero*
11/07....Palacios*

^ this information can be found for all teams in Region IV on the home page ===> http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/top_home.gif, then click on http://www.3adownlow.com/graphics/reg4b.gif and pick the district you are interested in!

KingRob
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
It will be close, but I think the Apaches will win their second in a row.

Gonzales - 24
La Grange - 21

Pudlugger
09-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Gonzales hasn't beaten the Leps in their house since before 2001. The Leps will not be flat for this game. They will put up at least 35 points and win by 14. Look for the Leopard defense to break out this game and put some points on the board either from interceptions or a blocked punt.

TRENCHES06
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
This could be a high scoring game.

I'll go with the Leps by 17 though.

Pudlugger
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Will McHazlett be back for this game? Another weapon on offense could make a difference.

TRENCHES06
09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I think so.

hookandladder
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Offensively we are fine however if we are going to have any chance for the playoffs the defense will have to get better. Also we need to play 1 QB and if I were chosing it would have to be the Schneider kid. Don't know if I spelled his name correct but most know who I am talking about.

Lombardi
09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I too will go with the apache nation...Throw it up to to Burton 20 times a game and see what happens......

Lombardi
09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
To early to tell... The apaches got better each week in 07... They might just do the same in 08.....But you are right about one thing... The nation did thump the mustangs last year in Victoria...
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'll take the Leps by at least 14. Apaches are not what they were last year. With that said, Gonzales had a pretty darn good team last year. They absolutely THUMPED Ingleside in the playoffs.

Mean Green Fan
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
This will be a close game but I think Gonzales will win their 2nd game.

Pudlugger
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Offensively we are fine however if we are going to have any chance for the playoffs the defense will have to get better. Also we need to play 1 QB and if I were chosing it would have to be the Schneider kid. Don't know if I spelled his name correct but most know who I am talking about.

The defense I believe will get better. They have demonstrated some strength in the two goal line stands against Lockhart. They kept the game close until the poor ball handling by the offense finally got to them late in the fourth quarter when the game got out of hand. [Lockhart BTW is now 3-0 having beaten Austin Travis 41-35 and Gonzales 34-26 and of course the Leps 29-14. I would not be surprised to see them go to the playoffs in 4a D17.]

The area in need of improvement is the secondary in pass defense. Those guys are going to get better as they gain experience in coverage. They are fast, tackle well and once they get tuned up should be solid. With Crouch out at mlb with an ACL injury, I would not be surprised to see the big senior qb Luke Henderson more on D in the outside linebacker slot. At 6'1' 195 with good speed he would really add another dimension to the linebackers and free up others to fill in the middle. I agree that it looks like Schneider has the edge in the qb derby at this point. All else being equal, as a junior and looking ahead to next year, the coach will probably go with him. That would free up Henderson to make a big contribution on the D. In 3A it is unusual to have so much depth at qb and both of these fellows can chuck the rock and run the offense well.

hookandladder
09-16-2008, 06:19 AM
The defense I believe will get better. They have demonstrated some strength in the two goal line stands against Lockhart. They kept the game close until the poor ball handling by the offense finally got to them late in the fourth quarter when the game got out of hand. [Lockhart BTW is now 3-0 having beaten Austin Travis 41-35 and Gonzales 34-26 and of course the Leps 29-14. I would not be surprised to see them go to the playoffs in 4a D17.]

The area in need of improvement is the secondary in pass defense. Those guys are going to get better as they gain experience in coverage. They are fast, tackle well and once they get tuned up should be solid. With Crouch out at mlb with an ACL injury, I would not be surprised to see the big senior qb Luke Henderson more on D in the outside linebacker slot. At 6'1' 195 with good speed he would really add another dimension to the linebackers and free up others to fill in the middle. I agree that it looks like Schneider has the edge in the qb derby at this point. All else being equal, as a junior and looking ahead to next year, the coach will probably go with him. That would free up Henderson to make a big contribution on the D. In 3A it is unusual to have so much depth at qb and both of these fellows can chuck the rock and run the offense well.

I watched the defensive line during the Yoakum game and they were getting blown back just about every play so I would say the D-Line needs the most improvement. Also agree Luke could help the defense but do not beleive the height and weights listed in the program, most all are anywhere from 2"in height and 20 lbs in weight off. Luke is a good looking kid but it is hard for me to beleive he is 195. See him at church most Sunday's would have to say 175 to 185 and that may be streching it. I will say LG get's it done 35-21. Defense will have to stop the run outside the tackle's, new defense this year is to push the runner outside to string the play out. I do not think we have enough speed on defense to cover the outside, not questioning the coaches maybe just not understanding the whole defense.

Pudlugger
09-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Yes, I noticed they are putting in the beef over the middle in the defense down linemen. In the Valastro era they went with quickness in the middle more than size and had some really effective 175 lb nose guards and DTs. I personally like to see the front four balanced with good size in the middle and quickness on the DEs. Of course you need hard hitting linebackers to seal the deal and the Leps traditionally have been strong in that department.

I disagree on one point, that the Leps lack speed in the defense. With the exception of the big men in the nose guard and DT slots, the D looks to have enough speed to shut down the outside game. If the defensive tackles and mlbs can put enough pressure on the qb I think they will have a lot of success against Gonzalez's spread offense.

TRENCHES06
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
The Leps will be just fine defensively, but quite frankly it shouldn't matter because they will score a lot of points.

buff4life
09-16-2008, 10:04 AM
LaGrange hasn't really proven themselves yet in my opinion, but Gonzales is no stud team either, so i don't know who to choose

TRENCHES06
09-16-2008, 10:06 AM
They won't be able to prove anything really until Bellville and Giddings. Those are the true tests.

ol country boy
09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Hope the Apaches can pull it out.

footballguru
09-16-2008, 03:20 PM
La Grange by 21. Their offense just received a big play threat with Mchazlett coming back from an injury. He can take it all the way.Their oline is starting to gel and QB's are awesome. For a team that has so little experience they are fun to watch. Defense is getting better Kolek is playing his best ever and the secondary has made big improvements. The truth is that all the predistrict games dont mean squat. I hope they continue to improve and are firing on all cylinders come district.

Pudlugger
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
La Grange by 21. Their offense just received a big play threat with Mchazlett coming back from an injury. He can take it all the way.Their oline is starting to gel and QB's are awesome. For a team that has so little experience they are fun to watch. Defense is getting better Kolek is playing his best ever and the secondary has made big improvements. The truth is that all the predistrict games dont mean squat. I hope they continue to improve and are firing on all cylinders come district.

Yeah! That's the spirit. The Leps are poised to strike.

Pudlugger
09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
The Apaches have not won in La Grange since before 2002. The Leps are coming off a two week hiatus and will be fired up. Now that they are healthy I think they will run away with this game and put up 45+ points winning going away. The Apaches do not play well in Leopard territory. Look for the Lep D to score in this game and the offense to put up some impressive yards. The Leopards are going to ring some bells this year.:D

Pudlugger
09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Are the Leps looking to fill the void of week 5 with Needville? i hope so.:)

Gontex
09-19-2008, 04:12 AM
I just noticed that the year LaGrange won the state championship, they had a loss to one 3A team. Who was that team?

Pudlugger
09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Good question. Some tough outfit down south I believe. ;)

They had a hard hitting running back who was as wide as he was tall who broke several tackles to score the game winning td LOL. Apaches are always ready to play and are toughest at home.

Gontex
09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Good question. Some tough outfit down south I believe. ;)

They had a hard hitting running back who was as wide as he was tall who broke several tackles to score the game winning td LOL. Apaches are always ready to play and are toughest at home.

Hey, I remember very few runaway games between these two teams. Even last year, Gonzales barely pulled it out at home. I think I can remember one game that had a greater differential than one touchdown. This one tonight should be no different. Good luck.

gobbler grad
09-19-2008, 09:15 AM
GO APACHES...:clap:

TRENCHES06
09-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Good test for both teams. Should be a great game?

How is the QB for Gonzales doing? Junior? Senior?

TRENCHES06
09-19-2008, 01:13 PM
:eek:

Gontex
09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Good test for both teams. Should be a great game?

How is the QB for Gonzales doing? Junior? Senior?

Jordan is president of the student council at GHS which means he is a senior. He played tight end last year as well as backup qb. He is starting to get his qb touch back. First game against Dripping Springs, he threw a couple of ints., but he is rapidly improving. I think the fact that Gonzales got to play last weekend and the Leps didn't could be the thing that makes a difference in this game. It doesn't help a team any at all to have an unexpected off week especially when they have spent the week getting ready to play. I still see a very close game as evidenced by comparative scores with Lockhart. I don't see a 21 point blowout for either team.

Pudlugger
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I don't see a 21 point blowout for either team.

53-8. Blowout. Jordan looked like a good athlete but the Lep offense was unstoppable and the D stepped up in traditional Leopard fashion. This is an unusually gifted La Grange football team and most starters are juniors and sophomores with a couple of exceptional seniors. They are starting to gel and they really impress with over 600 yards total offense tonight.

BTW: The Leps brought up a big freshman defensive lineman to start on varsity this week, #62 Childs, who gave the Apaches headaches all night. The future is bright.:D

Necks_Fan
09-19-2008, 11:39 PM
53-8. Blowout. Jordan looked like a good athlete but the Lep offense was unstoppable and the D stepped up in traditional Leopard fashion. This is an unusually gifted La Grange football team and most starters are juniors and sophomores with a couple of exceptional seniors. They are starting to gel and they really impress with over 600 yards total offense tonight.

BTW: The Leps brought up a big freshman defensive lineman to start on varsity this week, #62 Childs, who gave the Apaches headaches all night. The future is bright.:D District favorites in 09?

:)