kepdawg
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Sunday and Monday

Game 3 the 29th if necessary

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Sunday and Monday

Game 3 the 29th if necessary should be a pro Astros crowd.

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
should be a pro Astros crowd.

I would think they would be pro Cubs.

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I would think they would be pro Cubs. why, milwaukee and chicago are division foes, how far back is milwaukee from the cubs?

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
why, milwaukee and chicago are division foes, how far back is milwaukee from the cubs?

brewers are like 6 back

astros only 3? back from brewers

DDBooger
09-13-2008, 10:25 PM
brewers are like 6 back

astros only 3? back from brewers oh yeah, the wild card :doh: sux for the 'Stros! hope they can keep the momentum

Highschoolfan78
09-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Tickets should be cheap considering the city is partial to their team which happens to be a rival to both of these.

Sweetwater96
09-14-2008, 06:55 AM
I think the crowd at this game will be predominately Cubs Fans. Chicago is about 90 miles away from Milwaukee. Huge advantage for them (Big disadvantage for the Astros).

Bull's-eye
09-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I hope the Astros can concentrate on baseball. The Brewers lost last night to Philadelphia, so the Astros are 2-1/2 behind in the wild card. Also, Philly is 1/2 game ahead of the Astros.

BTownVBall3
09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Berkman seemed to think the 2 days off was a huge advantage to their final stretch of the season.
I don't know how he could possibly like having to play at Milwaukee.

Maroon87
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
You have to beat good teams on the road to win championships, so this is just one of those times. Besides...the Astros should have more than enough motivation for the rest of the season.

Necks_Fan
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Go Astros! 2 1/2 back of Milwaukee.

dslonel
09-14-2008, 07:28 PM
This has to be one of the foulest decisions ever made on behalf of MLB. As I remember Bud Selig has an interest in the Milwaukee franchise, and they are involved in the playoff scenario. They could have postponed the series until the last week of the season. This decision is a black mark on the integrity of the game. Adumbarse move by the jerk of a commish.

Antec
09-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Is This game televised tonight?

Bull Butter
09-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it's on FSN Houston. Zambrano is cruising along with a no-hitter through 6 against what looks to be a very tired Astros team.:(

Antec
09-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Found it 676 on Direct TV

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Astros need to find somewhere else to play a HOME game, nothing but Cub fans in the stands for a Away game. Only Astro was Draton, come on Draton lets move game 2 some were away from the Cub fan base!!!

GreenGobbla
09-15-2008, 03:10 AM
zambrano had a nice game against the astros... can you say no-hitter!:D :D :D haha

rangerjim
09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
No matter the circumstances and controversy of the game being played in Milwaukee - a no-hitter is awesome. Zambrano's stuff was electric. Stro's need to stay hot and hope Philly cool's down.

Looks like Milwaukee's second September meltdown in a row. 6 of their 12 left are against the Cubs. Philly has 9 of 12 left against sub-500 teams. Houston has about the same schedule as Philly - last 6 back in Houston. Gonna be a heck of a wild card battle.

Maroon87
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim
No matter the circumstances and controversy of the game being played in Milwaukee - a no-hitter is awesome. Zambrano's stuff was electric. Stro's need to stay hot and hope Philly cool's down.

Looks like Milwaukee's second September meltdown in a row. 6 of their 12 left are against the Cubs. Philly has 9 of 12 left against sub-500 teams. Houston has about the same schedule as Philly - last 6 back in Houston. Gonna be a heck of a wild card battle.

I'm thinking Phils/Astros in a 1-game playoff...:thinking:

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Astros lose and they still gain a 1/2 game on Milwaukee. The Astros now trail Milwaukee & Philadelphia by 2 games.

crzyjournalist03
09-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Any reason that the Astros and Cubs couldn't have played a doubleheader in Arlington yesterday? At least it would have still been a pro-Astros crowd.

Maroon87
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Any reason that the Astros and Cubs couldn't have played a doubleheader in Arlington yesterday? At least it would have still been a pro-Astros crowd.

MLB wanted to make sure there was no rainout I guess...

I was also thinking that they could've played in KC if the Royals were on the road. At least that would've been a bit more neutral.

rangerjim
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Believe it came down to a domed stadium so there would be no chance for a rainout. The first round of the playoffs are basically set, date wise, and there would be no way to make up 3 games after the season ended. Would have loved to go see the games in Arlington, had my fingers crossed but believe the Rangers are home today so they would have had to reschedule that also - too much trouble for the bigwigs in the MLB.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Not looking good for the Astros, losing 6-0 in the bottom of the 6th. Also, no hits yet for Houston. :(

MLB should be ashame of themselves. This is not a neutral location, the crowd is all Cub's fans. Take consideration the Astros would of been in front of a packed house screaming for the home team.

Buccaneer
09-15-2008, 03:20 PM
After 15 innings of no hits Loretta finally gets one but Astros cant score.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Found this on another site.

Astros
Friday night: stay up all night while a storm beats the hell out of your city.
Satuday day: make provisions for your family while getting yourself together for an unplanned road trip
Saturday night: sleep horribly because there's no air conditioning and no power
Sunday morning: get up at 5am after precious little sleep in the last two nights, drive to Minute Maid. Get on a bus. Ride to some airport somewhere, board a plane.
Sunday afternoon: arrive in Milwaukee a couple of hours before the game
One hour later: BP
One hour later: "Home" game begins. The stadium has exclusively Cubs fans, your family is back home with no power, you've had no sleep in 48 hours.

Cubs
Friday night: get a good night's rest after the latest meltdown. Your suckball POS team is 3-7 in its last ten, and you're facing a tough road trip in Houston this Sunday.
Saturday: enjoy your complimentary day off. You find out you won't have to go to Houston, after all
Sunday: get up around 11am after another good night's rest; drive an hour and a half to Milwaukee, where 26,000 screaming Cub fans await you on this "road" game.

Yeah, that's fair. That's "neutral".

headhunter
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
should have played in Round Rock. or Kansas City or St Louis, or Colorado or Arlington.

Anywhere but where they did. stupid Commissioner, he is a jerkoff.