PDA

View Full Version : Moving On.....Celina vs FW Arlington Heights

MN95
09-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Alright, it's been nearly 24 hours and I am ready to move on. What do we know about this team? I believe they are 4A and 3-0? Is that right? Better be ready for another tough one.

orange machine
09-13-2008, 09:17 PM
My friend ill say this if we dont get some changes on the oline we wont win this game. Now i think we have some of the best coaches in the buisness and i think they will make the adjustments.

MN95
09-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
My friend ill say this if we dont get some changes on the oline we wont win this game. Now i think we have some of the best coaches in the buisness and i think they will make the adjustments.

I'm not ready to give up on the O line yet. We had 273 yards rushing against a pretty stout defense without Charley. That's not bad. We have always been a run first team, but could keep the other teams honest with the pass. Being unable to do that last night was the key to the game I think. It wasn't just a lack of pass blocking. We only threw it 8 times, 2 were flat out drops, a few throws were off, one pick was just a great play by the dback, and a few were bad protection. We really need to be able to pass against good teams, but I think last night's problems were a combination of things, not just the O line. My opinion only.

popcorn screen
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
FWAH might be 3-0 but Celina coming after a loss....I will go with Celina 34 - 7.

Runnin Panther
09-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I was dumbfounded when I heard the news that Celina had lost. That is no disrespect to DF it’s just that when you have tradition like Celina’s you expect them to win every week regardless of who they are playing (except of course when they play LH:D ). Celina is a class act and my heart goes out to their kids and parents. Every time you win the hill you stand on gets a little higher…well Celina was standing on a mountain and that makes the fall much further and rougher. As a LH fan and parent I have a lot of empathy for them. The athletes have to carry the weight of very team that has gone before them on their shoulders and if they lose they feel like they’re letting everybody down, all the while knowing that everybody interested in high school football will be talking about it. It a lot of pressure to put on a young kid. I am certain Coach Ford will pick his team up and the rest of 3A should be a little more worried because DF may have wakened a sleeping giant. Only time will tell if this was a fluke or the real deal. Good luck this week, I am sure the Bobcats are eager to put a mark back in the win column.

3afan
09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
...my heart goes out to their kids and parents. ...

they lost a non-district game ... I don't think there's too much devastation in Celina where they need folks' compassion ...

bobcat1
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
they lost a non-district game ... I don't think there's too much devastation in Celina where they need folks' compassion ... No but those kids in next week's practice might.........

Awesome post runnin panther. :clap:

MN95
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I was dumbfounded when I heard the news that Celina had lost. That is no disrespect to DF it’s just that when you have tradition like Celina’s you expect them to win every week regardless of who they are playing (except of course when they play LH:D ). Celina is a class act and my heart goes out to their kids and parents. Every time you win the hill you stand on gets a little higher…well Celina was standing on a mountain and that makes the fall much further and rougher. As a LH fan and parent I have a lot of empathy for them. The athletes have to carry the weight of very team that has gone before them on their shoulders and if they lose they feel like they’re letting everybody down, all the while knowing that everybody interested in high school football will be talking about it. It a lot of pressure to put on a young kid. I am certain Coach Ford will pick his team up and the rest of 3A should be a little more worried because DF may have wakened a sleeping giant. Only time will tell if this was a fluke or the real deal. Good luck this week, I am sure the Bobcats are eager to put a mark back in the win column.

Excellent post. I mentioned this in an earlier thread. I have a young player on this team, and the pressure not to lose a single game is very real. Now, that may be off their shoulders a little. Heck, we might lose the next 2 weeks. But, now that the streak is over, all that really matters is how we do in district play. We have a ways to go to be as good as we have been the last few years, but I believe as our young players get a few tough games under their belts, and with our coaching staff, we could really start to jell as the season goes on.

MN95
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Still looking for information on FW Arlington Heights. Does anybody have anything? Saw they scored 50 something last week against another FW school.

WildTexan972
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
2/3 of the schools in the state could hang 50 on most of the FW schools....that is one pitiful ISD for football - they are greatness at roundball, so they just wait out that season to start by putting on the pads.....now on occasion AH has a little more decent team, but to be honest, now that the home and non-districts streaks are over, this game is not as much about winning as it is about working on some issues....

Matthew328
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
The level of competition in FWISD has improved, look at the records district wide and who they've beaten. I'm not saying they are world beaters but things have improved district wide.

Arlington Heights is probably they second or third best school in FWISD behind Dunbar and Southwest.

Heights beat Birdville in Week 0 who is a perennial 4A playoff team and then they beat Azle before beating Class 5A Paschal last week.

Paschal is another team who is much improved, going into the game against Heights they were also 2-0 beating Irving Nimitz and Arlington Sam Houston.

Heights is very young, I saw them scrimmage Everman earlier in the year and although they got dominated, it was against an elite 4A team. Heights won't be stunned by Celina because they have already scrimmage an elite team and know what its like to go against them.

AHHS has two speedy backs in Anthony Davenport and Emmanuel Smith, their QB Grace is a 3 year starter and he's got a very athletic WR in Marquis Jackson.

Where Heights will struggle is up front, they don't matchup well on that side of the ball and thats the difference Celina wins by 21.

MN95
09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The level of competition in FWISD has improved, look at the records district wide and who they've beaten. I'm not saying they are world beaters but things have improved district wide.

Arlington Heights is probably they second or third best school in FWISD behind Dunbar and Southwest.

Heights beat Birdville in Week 0 who is a perennial 4A playoff team and then they beat Azle before beating Class 5A Paschal last week.

Paschal is another team who is much improved, going into the game against Heights they were also 2-0 beating Irving Nimitz and Arlington Sam Houston.

Heights is very young, I saw them scrimmage Everman earlier in the year and although they got dominated, it was against an elite 4A team. Heights won't be stunned by Celina because they have already scrimmage an elite team and know what its like to go against them.

AHHS has two speedy backs in Anthony Davenport and Emmanuel Smith, their QB Grace is a 3 year starter and he's got a very athletic WR in Marquis Jackson.

Where Heights will struggle is up front, they don't matchup well on that side of the ball and thats the difference Celina wins by 21.

thank you sir. Just what I was looking for. I hope you are right in your prediction.

BobcatBenny
09-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Definitely looks like a tough one for a homecoming game.

I think the Bobcats will bounce back, but a win at all cost is not critical. I hope FWAH is as good as or better than Daingerfield so that the Bobcats get a chance to iron out a couple of wrinkles.

And ... I want to make sure my comments about Celina's OL are not misunderstood. The OL is not a problem. IMO the OL needs to have some issues worked out. Which I am confident they will.

cats 2008
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
DF played a great first half.Celina did not show up until the 2nd half.If they played agin next week celina would beat them.DF was better friday.