PDA

View Full Version : The Brahmas

BrahmaMom
09-13-2008, 06:01 PM
First, let me clarify, the Bellville mascot is a Brahma--long A sound. The Hallettsville Brahmas pronouced "ah". There is NOTHING gay about any Brahma, so put that grade school joke to rest. The Brahmas (long A) play at Navasota this week. After an open week of rest and hurricane, I hope the Brahmas are ready to stampede the Rattlers! Go Bulls!

Antec
09-13-2008, 06:05 PM
East Bernard is same Long A as well

Not sure about Stockdale, Paul Pewittt and Houston Furr

Bull's-eye
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Glad to see BrahmaMom back on the board. I see a very good and exciting Bellville team this season. They are playing defense like when #11 played. What's your thoughts on this year's team?

super1
09-13-2008, 10:20 PM
When I was at Hallettsville, I always heard it as long a Brahma. (or Brahmer) That's how I pronounce it no matter when or where.

BrahmaMom
09-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Yep, Bull'sEye, I've got another one on the team this year. I'd say the defense (gotta love 'em) saved the last game. I like the new defense, it's exciting. We've got some real players this year. The break from varsity football was nice, but I am ready to see some Brahma football. And this is the year for the Bulls to do it. I keep telling ol' #11 he needs to go talk to the Brahmas and put that "fire in their bellies"--that is all that I see we lack. BTW, I am still hoarse from the game two weeks ago; I am trying to fire the team up from the stands! GO BRAHMAS!!!

Antec
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Bellville hosts Wharton on Oct.3

Bull Butter
09-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Kingsville lost to Miller last night 28-18

BrahmaMom
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
At last update, the JV was down with 3 minutes left. Let's hope the Brahmas are ready for Sweeney tomorrow night. No fumbles, guys and NO mistakes! Go Brahmas!!