PDA

View Full Version : Celina losses in the last 10 years

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Were any of these teams better than Celina?

2008: Daingerfield 28-20
2006: Liberty Hill 22-19
2004: Crawford 46-29
2003: Gilmer 45-22
2003: Gainesville 44-14
2002: Daingerfield 21-20

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't a win indicate that the answer is "yes"? :confused:

piratebg
09-13-2008, 02:37 PM
You would think it would, but I'm sure there are those that would disagree. :)

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wouldn't a win indicate that the answer is "yes"? :confused:

Absolutely not! A win would indicate a team outscored them.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Absolutely not! A win would indicate a team outscored them.
And also held them to less points!

charlesrixey
09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Were any of these teams better than Celina?

2008: Daingerfield 28-20
2006: Liberty Hill 22-19
2004: Crawford 46-29
2003: Gilmer 45-22
2003: Gainesville 44-14
2002: Daingerfield 21-20

they all were

(even liberty hill :p)

bobcat1
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Those games on those dates for sure they were. The score says so.

Are any of them holding 8 state football titles in any classification? No.

Kep we need clarification please.:p

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Come on! You know only 3A counts!

8HR
09-13-2008, 02:51 PM
From my perspective...

2002 vs. Daingerfield with a score this close I'm not sure but according to the score, yes they were better than Celina.

2003 vs. Gainesville, Gilmer and in 2005 vs. Crawford, I am quite certain these teams were better than Celina.

2006 vs. Liberty Hill was a great game of two teams that duked it out for four quarters. Absolutely the best game I've personally been involved in. At the end when looking at the stats and score there's not much argument that LH was better than Celina.

2008 vs. Daingerfield...Many Celina fans have said that Daingerfield was the better team. I was not at the game but according to the score, yes they were better than Celina.

I do not say this with any intentions to bash Celina because I truly respect their program, fans, and excellence. I just think this topic would make a great part of Bill Engvall's comedy "Here's your sign."

Good luck to the Bobcats...Continue your excellence!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM

How many of the teams listed did Celina defeat to get one of the 8? :confused:

bobcat1
09-13-2008, 02:58 PM
How many of the teams listed did Celina defeat to get one of the 8? :confused: How many won state titles after defeating Celina? How many losses in the last 10 years?

fatman123
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm a little confused as to what their history has to do with whether or not the winning team was better. When Ohio State was 6-6 in 1999, did that mean that they were actually better than all six of the teams that beat them? They probably had a better history than all of them...

Daddy D 11
09-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by fatman123
I'm a little confused as to what their history has to do with whether or not the winning team was better. When Ohio State was 6-6 in 1999, did that mean that they were actually better than all six of the teams that beat them? They probably had a better history than all of them...

Be quiet:D

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
:stirpot: :1popcorn:

(sorry mods i was bored)

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 03:29 PM
How many won state titles after defeating Celina? How many losses in the last 10 years?
Does that matter? We can hypothetically beat the dead horse, so here goes, since kep is bored. :D

If "history" won games, Celina would have won the 2006 championship game. If all the "lack of losses over the last 10 years" won games, would Celina have any losses in the past 10 years?

So, the history of state titles gives Celina a better team than La Marque, SLC, Katy, etc.?

IMO, technically a team can only realistically be better than the teams they defeat. Was Liberty Hill a better team in 2002 than Bandera? Yes, we beat them. That did not get us out of the second round though, nor did it prevent them from winning the state title.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
:stirpot: :1popcorn:

(sorry mods i was bored)
You're not sorry. :p

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
You're not sorry. :p

p4 and rm tell me i'm sorry all the time!

bobcat1
09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm chucklin over here big time. LOL:D

bobcat1
09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Does that matter? We can hypothetically beat the dead horse, so here goes, since kep is bored. :D

Isn't there a volleyball game somewhere he needs to be watching?:nerd:

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Isn't there a volleyball game somewhere he needs to be watching?:nerd:

Just the Prosper tournament but I've got stuff I need to get taken care of. :(

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
OK, I will give my homer opinion.

2002 Daingerfield - Daingerfield won the game. They were an excellent team. Yet, the better team lost. (IMO, I put this loss on the coaches. Sorry coaches, but it happens)

2003 Gainsville - The better team won. Solid Celina team.

2003 Gilmer - The better team won. Solid Celina team.

2004 Crawford - The better team won. Fortunately Celina had the opportunity to return the favor the next season.

2006 Liberty Hill - Great Game two excellent teams. Liberty Hill scored more points. This was probably the best team Celina has ever fielded, IMO. This has clearly been argued here on the Down Low, but the better team lost. (I put this loss on numerous factors, one of which was over confidence)

2008 Daingerfield - Daingerfield won the game. They have an excellent team. We will see if Daingerfield was the better team. But ... I think the better team may have gotten beat. We will see how the Bobcats respond. Is it just a blip on the Celina radar (an upset), or ... was Daingerfield the better team? The season will tell. (I have already given where I think Celina needs to adjust)

That is how opinions work.

In my opinion sometimes the better team gets beat. :eek:

So bring on the eye rolls! :D

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 04:15 PM
when was the last time celina lost 2 games in the predistrict?

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

Started 0-2 in 97

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Started 0-2 in 97 thanks kep

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
It is possible Celina could lose 3 games in predistrict. :eek:

I seem to recall a team losing several games and yet winning a state championship. :thinking:

Now, I am not confident, as things look right now, that Celina will get #9 this season, but this team could, with some adjustments and maybe a little good fortune. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 04:46 PM
It must suck to lose to teams that aren't as good as yours. :)

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 04:47 PM
It must suck to lose to teams that aren't as good as yours. :)

I think it sucks to lose to anybody!

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I think it sucks to lose to anybody!
:iagree:

WOS87
09-13-2008, 05:17 PM

The 5 programs that make up those 6 losses have a combined 8 state titles. (3 for Daingerfield, 2 for Liberty Hill, 1 for Crawford, 1 for Gilmer and 1 for Gainesville)

Daingerfield now has a 2-0-0 record vs Celina. Only 3 other programs are undefeated against them with more wins... and none of them have played Celina in years

Plano 4-0-1 vs Celina
Wylie 3-0-1 vs Celina
Honey Grove 3-0-0 vs Celina

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
The 5 programs that make up those 6 losses have a combined 8 state titles. (3 for Daingerfield, 2 for Liberty Hill, 1 for Crawford, 1 for Gilmer and 1 for Gainesville)

Daingerfield now has a 2-0-0 record vs Celina. Only 3 other programs are undefeated against them with more wins... and none of them have played Celina in years

Plano 4-0-1 vs Celina
Wylie 3-0-1 vs Celina
Honey Grove 3-0-0 vs Celina
Hey, WOS87 glad to see you are unscathed.

WOS87
09-13-2008, 05:25 PM
A large number of shingles came off of my roof and my upstairs bathroom flooded.... the electricity is still off at home but otherwise I weathered the storm relatively well. Not bad for having the western edge of the eye come right over me.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
p4 and rm tell me i'm sorry all the time!

:eek: :eek: I don't recall EVER telling you that you were "sorry!!"

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:eek: :eek: I don't recall EVER telling you that you were "sorry!!"

Sure! Now you act like you like me!

BILLYFRED0000
09-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
It is possible Celina could lose 3 games in predistrict. :eek:

I seem to recall a team losing several games and yet winning a state championship. :thinking:

Now, I am not confident, as things look right now, that Celina will get #9 this season, but this team could, with some adjustments and maybe a little good fortune. ;)

Well benny IMHO we gave this game away. Too many balls on the turf. What were there 7 turnovers. Hard to win when you don't play with the ball. That being said D;field was a good team. Great speed at several positions.
Lousy conditioning. They were gassed most of the fourth quarter. We just could not execute for squat on O. D played them down just fine. In the end
the team with the most points won.

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well benny IMHO we gave this game away. Too many balls on the turf. What were there 7 turnovers. Hard to win when you don't play with the ball. That being said D;field was a good team. Great speed at several positions.
Lousy conditioning. They were gassed most of the fourth quarter. We just could not execute for squat on O. D played them down just fine. In the end
I don't think that Celina gave the game away. Daingerfield took it and then hung on. Barely.

Daingerfield kept turning the ball over too.

If there was one thing that was impressive. Daingerfield could make a field goal. Turned out they didn't need it, but it really changed the dynamic of the game. IMO

09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

3108 Sep 8 2008, 01:58 PM
We only have one player that goes both ways (that starts) and that is our big anchor on defense.

depth wasnt a factor tonight, we had several injuries due to crushing blows from bobcats but TIGERS withstood

Sep 8 2008, 10:03 PM
if a team scores an average of one score per quarter on our defense, i would have to say it would surprise me, i read all these people messages saying the TIGERS might get lucky, Celina just might be the lucky ones if our team dont come to play, but i dont see the TIGERS coming in here slacking, we are ready for showtime i just hope our opponets are, dont be surprised to be held to two touchdowns and and a field goal,

they didnt average one score per quarter, (not surprised), we gave up the 3 scores i just got one wrong, but its still only 3 scores not one per quarter

Sep 8 2008, 10:23 PM[/size]
bigorange u all were bigger on the o line and d line the last time we met and what did that mean, the weight of a man dont mean jack when u have a FURRosious TIGER after u, and all this talk about depth, we might be deeper than Celina after looking at the rosters, Bowman had two guys starting both ways and Julius havent played tail back since his injury in two a days, so we should have.

size meant nothing, #76 got a little tired but finished the game strong with 3 consective possesions, defense, offense, defense[/size]

Sep 8 2008, 11:55 PM
i hate bigorange was suspended, the only people who can settle this will be the boys on the field saturday night, i have faith that daingerfield will settle this in my favor, but im sure u feel the same way, we know fans will back their teams, thats what makes fans fans, who on celina do u feel is the key to their success against the TIGERS on both sides of the ball, the teams have tape on each other so its ok to truly talk football, i think if Big Pooh #76 keep the guards and center off our linebackers like he have the last two years we have a great shot at winning, if not it can be a long night for us, and if our qb get his passes down a little, you all will have trouble running with our receivers.

he let Carl #9 lb play free all night which he made a key stop in the back field in the 4th when he ran right behind the big guy

Sep 9 2008, 12:36 AM
he is about 255, but he plays both ways, he's ur best o lineman too,(the players say, not me)so his fatigue could be a problem, he has a quality back up though, but i truly feel as he goes our defense goes, and when he's on offense we move the ball a lot better, what worries me is yall lbeing bigger up front leaning on us all game and tiring us out in a close 4th quarter, thats the real deal, but i think we are the type of team that breaks teams spirit, but i feel if Pooh keeps our hard hitting Linebackers free a little we can make some noise, sounds to me whoever get out early and establish their game plan had the advantage.

we started out fast and early and it helped us prevail

Sep 11 2008, 11:52 AM
We are a day away from the Texas Biggest Upset 2008 debut, the boys from Daingerfield are ready for a hard hitting, bunch of sweating, must execute, and grind it out contest to shock the state of Texas, let the enemy know that an A- performance just wont be good enough in this contest.

The Biggest Upset 2008 debuted tonight and it was just THAT, and yes we shocked TEXAS, we all know Celina played a good game but it did take an A+ GAME TO BEAT US TONIGHT, The BIGGEST UPSET 2008

Sep 11 2008, 09:41 PM
our team will play the game with class but we are a mean bunch but mean with class, not very friendly after the whistle begins the game but will be again after the whistle ends the game, boy i can see Big Pooh, Julius, Carl, and Josh having a monster of a game, its time TIGERS.......LETS GO PUT ON.

we played with a lot of courage and class, Pooh#76, Julius#13,Carl#9, Josh#34 had a MONSTER game and played a very instrumental role on that defense tonight, and of couse They Put On For Our City!!!!

Just stop acting like this was a surprise, the surprise was that none of u actuall knew anything about this TIGER team other than they wiont give up, we are younger than Celina , so stop all the rebuilding and have to learn talk, stop all the turnover talk(df turned it over 5 times and Celina just 4), coaches werent at fault, our coach gave Celina a chance, nevr ran the ball but once per drive on 3 different drives, called a pass play when we up 14 with <7min left in game, Celina offense moved the ball down the field for a score only once, i have stated the above statements all wek , and all were true, this year Celina cant play with Daingerfield simple, give what excuse or reason u want, the kids played a hard hitting game as i stated on 9/11/08, but i warned every one that THE BIGGEST UPSET 2008 was debuting Friday in Celina

orange machine
09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
First i want to say good job to Daingerfield. Now yes benny our turnovers and penalties hurt us as they did againt TC Addison we werew just able to win. Now for the meat and potatoes, some of my Bobcat friends might take offense to this, but from where i stand this is one of our biggest problems. Our offensive line is just not that good right now. Our runningbacks are having to get most of there yards on there own. As big as our right side of the o line is they should be blowing people off the ball and its not happnig. DF d line was in our backfield so much. Poor Cody had no time to throw the ball because he was running for his life. Coach Ford and his staff need to make some type of change on the oline because we just cant put points on the board.

MN95
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 3108
3108 Sep 8 2008, 01:58 PM
this year Celina cant play with Daingerfield simple

3108, I have given full credit to your team for last nights win. No excuses from me, you all took it to us early and held on to win. However, I will not concede your above statement the "Celina can't play with Daingerfield this year".

You remember we were 15 yards away from potentially tying the score with a minute left, right? Now, injuries are part of football, but also remember we played without our leading rusher from the last 2 years. Would that have made a difference? We'll never know. Take your win and enjoy it. But don't get carried away.

09-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
First i want to say good job to Daingerfield. Now yes benny our turnovers and penalties hurt us as they did againt TC Addison we werew just able to win. Now for the meat and potatoes, some of my Bobcat friends might take offense to this, but from where i stand this is one of our biggest problems. Our offensive line is just not that good right now. Our runningbacks are having to get most of there yards on there own. As big as our right side of the o line is they should be blowing people off the ball and its not happnig. DF d line was in our backfield so much. Poor Cody had no time to throw the ball because he was running for his life. Coach Ford and his staff need to make some type of change on the oline because we just cant put points on the board.

great post, i just disagree with a little, u all will be fine upfront, we have a very big strong and expereienced NG and young very fast ends, our ends probably run faser than most teams linebackers, so give them another game, they are very big and u all scored above average points in the first 2 games,

Ranger Mom
09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Sure! Now you act like you like me!

Who else searched the obits because they were worried about you??:p

kepdawg
09-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who else searched the obits because they were worried about you??:p

Okay! You win!

orange machine
09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I think not having Charlie hurt us alot, but one some people dont realize is we lost another back last night before half time. Jose went out with a shoulder injury. I think if we had a decent offensive line we win that game big and limit the stupid turnovers.

09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by MN95
3108, I have given full credit to your team for last nights win. No excuses from me, you all took it to us early and held on to win. However, I will not concede your above statement the "Celina can't play with Daingerfield this year".

You remember we were 15 yards away from potentially tying the score with a minute left, right? Now, injuries are part of football, but also remember we played without our leading rusher from the last 2 years. Would that have made a difference? We'll never know. Take your win and enjoy it. But don't get carried away.

yes u have, and ur boy is a stud, like i said to u before tell him to keep up the hard work, but there u go with a reason we didnt lose, KOKO wasnt our staring running back, #13 julius hurndon was, his knee is hurt and the coaches dont want him on both sides due to the fact of hurting it more, so there your starting rb didnt play rb and ours didnt either, whats next, and maybe in 3 games #28 tony johnson might start, didnt play because he hasnt been in pads long enough, again whats next, THATS THE PROBLEM I THINK YOU ALL ARE CARRIED AWAY IMO, i said it before and ill say it again, Celina cant play with us this YEAR, we won and u cant prove my statement wrong, finish your season strong, the CLASSIEST fans ever as i also stated, really loved yall atmosphere

09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think not having Charlie hurt us alot, but one some people dont realize is we lost another back last night before half time. Jose went out with a shoulder injury. I think IF we had a decent offensive line we win that game big AND limit the stupid turnovers.

i hate to see an athlete get hurt, i hope all is well with him , he had no yards though, we wished he was in, #27 brought it to us, now for the adults, stoping making excuses or reason, whateva u want to call it, its only one reason, we are a better team, live with it, orange machine guess what IF it was March it wouldnt be football season, so leave the IF'S where they are

BobcatBenny
09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
yes u have, and ur boy is a stud, like i said to u before tell him to keep up the hard work, but there u go with a reason we didnt lose, KOKO wasnt our staring running back, #13 julius hurndon was, his knee is hurt and the coaches dont want him on both sides due to the fact of hurting it more, so there your starting rb didnt play rb and ours didnt either, whats next, and maybe in 3 games #28 tony johnson might start, didnt play because he hasnt been in pads long enough, again whats next, THATS THE PROBLEM I THINK YOU ALL ARE CARRIED AWAY IMO, i said it before and ill say it again, Celina cant play with us this YEAR, we won and u cant prove my statement wrong, finish your season strong, the CLASSIEST fans ever as i also stated, really loved yall atmosphere
Hey, Daingerfield owns Celina. No if ands or buts.

We will see how the season plays out. At this point I am not too worried about Celina.

This game could prove out to just be an upset. As many of the Daingerfield fans have stated. :eek:

MN95
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say my son is a stud. He might be pretty good someday, but right now he's just potential. So I will disagree with you on that one also, and just leave all of this at that.:)

orange machine
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
You are right about the ifs and all, but i know that our Oline is just not that good. I also know that if our line was better then the game woud have been different i this is why. We like to pound the ball and smash it down other teams throat and burn the clock. We were unable to do that because our oline was unable to keep there blocks. Now i give yall credit yall have very good athletes and should be commended for that, but i know that if we had last years oline against your team this year we would have put 40 or more on yall. Anyways it doesnt matter because this is a new year and yall beat us, i just hope our oline is better next year so we can get a little revenge back.

Keith7
09-14-2008, 12:24 AM
The '02 Gainesville team was better then Celina too, but like most classless teams, Celina cheated to beat them

BobcatBenny
09-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
The '02 Gainesville team was better then Celina too, but like most classless teams, Celina cheated to beat them
Ut Uh. Prove it. :p

Keith7
09-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Ut Uh. Prove it. :p

It hadn't rained in 2 weeks before the game, but there were puddles on the field.. Grass there were patches of grass that went up to player's knees. Celina DBs were holding our recievers all night, and a touchdown wasn't called that should have.. I guess that is just some "Celina magic".. Its funny how bad we beat ya'll when you played in our house, that should tell you something right there

bobcat1
09-14-2008, 05:15 AM
It hadn't rained in 2 weeks before the game, but there were puddles on the field.. Grass there were patches of grass that went up to player's knees. Celina DBs were holding our recievers all night, and a touchdown wasn't called that should have.. I guess that is just some "Celina magic".. Its funny how bad we beat ya'll when you played in our house, that should tell you something right there :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :kiss:

Twirling Time
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
It hadn't rained in 2 weeks before the game, but there were puddles on the field.. Grass there were patches of grass that went up to player's knees. Celina DBs were holding our recievers all night, and a touchdown wasn't called that should have.. I guess that is just some "Celina magic".. Its funny how bad we beat ya'll when you played in our house, that should tell you something right there

The only puddles on the field were from the Gainesville players spitting on the C before the game. A lot of people from a lot of towns witnessed that. Tell me about class again please?

Pick6
09-15-2008, 02:18 PM
It hadn't rained in 2 weeks before the game, but there were puddles on the field..

So only Gainesville played in the puddles? I would think that both teams had to play on the same field. Do some research over there and see if Gainesville didn't to the same thing to Allen in the late 80's.