PDA

View Full Version : Sealy...........if Newton only plays them.

netgif
11-06-2001, 10:26 PM
if Newton meets up with sealy in the playoffs, sealy better have their stuff together. If they dont, i dont think coach barbay will hold back any. "run the score up as high as possible" is what im talking about. I think it was in 94 or 95, when sealy just blew newton out 82 to 6. im just saying if newton does play sealy, coach barbay will still have that score on his mind.

3Aroy
11-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Everyone in Newton is already talking about this rematch. I feel sorry for Sealy.

Tiger Turtle
11-07-2001, 01:53 PM
Ask Coach Barbay what he said to TJ after the game. Sealy did everything they could to hold down the score in that game, from playing all freshmen in the defensive front seven in the second half to putting in a freshman (Michael McDonald) who had never returned a punt. Of course, he returned the thing 42 yards for a TD. The Sealy starters spent the second half on the sidelines with their pads off. Some games things just bounce that way, and Coach Barbay understood that. I understand people being bitter about the score - we were embarrassed for Newton's kids to have to go through that. I am sure Coach Barbay has put that behind him, but we will understand if the score gets out of hand. Newton has a fine program and one bad game doesn't detract from the respect everyone has for what Coach Barbay has done over the years.

BigTwanky
11-07-2001, 08:22 PM
I dont think that netgif meant that yall didnt have any class or anything...but u know regardless i think a little "revenge" might be a factor.

Tiger Turtle
11-08-2001, 11:09 AM
And a perfectly legitimate motivation tool. Even though Coach Barbay displayed total class in the wake of the game, something like that has to stick in your craw to some extent when you're a competitor. I remember talking with several Newton fans before and after the gamne in the parking lot at Bowers, and they seemed to be sort of philosophical about the circumstances. Hey, if what goes around comes around, we will understand. Who knows, maybe Coach Barbay will decide to show more class by refraining from rubbing it in. (If the occasion arises.)

slowtalker24
11-10-2001, 12:13 AM
why dont yall all quit dwellin in tha past and realize that no matter what the score was then newton will kick butt this time if they play

Tiger Turtle
11-10-2001, 12:48 AM
Well put, especially since it looks like it will be Round 4 before Newton gets a shot at revenge with Sealy beating Rice tonight. Hey, maybe we can play at Bowers again, just for old time's sake.

ProudMama
11-14-2001, 10:31 PM
Newton may not get a chance at revenge against Sealy, cause Sealy is going to lose to Madisonville!!!!!

rusty bedsprings
11-16-2001, 09:24 AM
Yea, Madisonville may beat Sealy, and a monkey might fly out of my butt.

bros543
11-16-2001, 01:37 PM
i wish i could watch all of the 3a games!!! Lot of love out there!

Tiger Turtle
11-17-2001, 12:18 AM
Well, Madisonville came within a whisker of beating Sealy (34 - 31). Hats off to the Mustangs - they played an inspired game and didn't deserve to lose. Reminded me of Sealy's effort last week against Rice - an effort that didn't seem to be there tonight.