PDA

View Full Version : District 8-3A

Super_R
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Liberty Hill is the obvious favorite. They just keep winning. 27 in a row and counting.

Llano is my 2nd place finisher at this point. They lose a close game to a very good Rockdale(3-0) team who has also beaten Lampassas and Marlin. Llano has won their last 2 contests beating Bangs and Bandera along the way.

I think Wimberley and F'berg will be a toss up for the 3rd place spot...they will battle this out in week 10. So it should be interesting down to the end for these 2 teams.

Burnet has opened their season 0-3 with loses coming from Brownwood, Hendrickson, and Marble Falls. Hell with the way things are going for Burnet they might even keep thier losing streak alive and make it 4 in a row...they Play Manor...you never know.

Atleast Ingram and Canyon Lake wont both go winless. They match-up early in district play...they face-off in their district opener.

8HR
09-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Super R, I agree with you on LH and Llano. I believe Fredericksburg will take third place. The word I have been hearing out of Wimberley is that they are not very good this year. It should be interesting.

LHexPlayer
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Sorry but Llano still doesn't impress me. They beat a Bangs team, which is a middle of the road 2a team. Then they have a defensive battle :D with Bandera. A Bandera team that lost to Lago Vista.

I'm going to stick with my prediction of Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Fredricksburg to be in the playoffs.

Daddy D 11
09-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Super R sucks:p

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Super R sucks:p
Got anything we don't know? ;)

Daddy D 11
09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Got anything we don't know? ;)

Brownwood, Wylie AND Celina all lost last night:eek:

bandera7
09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Sorry but Llano still doesn't impress me. They beat a Bangs team, which is a middle of the road 2a team. Then they have a defensive battle :D with Bandera. A Bandera team that lost to Lago Vista.

I'm going to stick with my prediction of Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Fredricksburg to be in the playoffs.

Im wondering if a Wimberley that has now lost to this bandera team you seem to have so much respect for has changed your views at all?

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Im wondering if a Wimberley that has now lost to this bandera team you seem to have so much respect for has changed your views at all? yall both suck? :p :D

just messin' with ya!

orange machine
09-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Would LH go D1 if Wimberley and Fredricksburg were the other two teams?

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Would LH go D1 if Wimberley and Fredricksburg were the other two teams? No. Fredricksburg would be DI rep.

lange4
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I believe Llano goes as 2nd place team Burnet Wimberley battle for the 3rd hole. Bandera as a spread offense was on the night they played Llano. Hitting recievers in stride all over the field.

LHPfactory
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I say its LH, Llano, and Wimberley. The two 4a drop downs will need another year to adjust to the upgrade in competetion.....;)

Looking4number8
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I say its LH, Llano, and Wimberley. The two 4a drop downs will need another year to adjust to the upgrade in competetion.....;) :stirpot:

ziggy29
09-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by lange4
I believe Llano goes as 2nd place team Burnet Wimberley battle for the 3rd hole. Bandera as a spread offense was on the night they played Llano. Hitting recievers in stride all over the field.
Llano's achilles heel is typically its pass defense, especially when it can be executed as well as Bandera did it. It's hard to believe that same defense that allowed 48 to Bandera smashed Taylor in the mouth last week and allowed only 7 points on the road.

As for Wimberley, I'm not quite sure what to make of them yet. As I recall they got off to an awful start last year, too, and then picked it up heading into district. I suspect they'll do the same here.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I posted this back in July as a "mock" district race. :thinking: Now that I think about it some more, it could be a 4-way tie for 2nd/3rd with odd-man out. :thinking: Now I just have to figure out who is the most odd. :1popcorn:

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sep 26 - Burnet vs Wimberley: Burnet
Sep 26 - Canyon Lake vs Ingram: Canyon Lake
Sep 26 - Fredericksburg vs Liberty Hill: Liberty Hill
Sep 26 - Llano: Open

Oct 3 - Canyon Lake: Open
Oct 3 - Fredericksburg vs Llano: Fredericksburg
Oct 3 - Ingram vs Wimberley: Wimberley
Oct 3 - Liberty Hill vs Burnet: Liberty Hill

Oct 10 - Burnet vs Llano: Burnet
Oct 10 - Canyon Lake vs Wimberley: Wimberley
Oct 10 - Fredericksburg: Open