PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Waco La Vega

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Who will win? I think Wylie can pull this one off, it's homecoming and I don't see the dogs losing three in a row. But tell me what you think.

Oh and i'm going to go as of now...Snyder plays Lubbock Estacado but i'd rather see this one.

Lion_Addict
09-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I really would like to see Wylie win this (yes, I have been a yapper of Brownwood "Owning" Wylie :D ), but I am gonna have to go with La Vega. Sorry's to the Wylie peeps but unless "Modoc" has an off night, you'll see the real deal.
But......GO BULLDOGS! :inlove:

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 12:54 PM
La Vega 42
Wylie 20

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
La Vega 42
Wylie 20

max preps shows 37-20 La Vega but ill go with 21-14 Wylie.

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
max preps shows 37-20 La Vega but ill go with 21-14 Wylie. :fnypost: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :fnypost:

JR2004
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
HOORAH, MODOC, HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!

WylieBulldog92
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
:fnypost: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :fnypost:
:lies:
:blahblah:
:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn:

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
:blahblah:
:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn:

http://samueljscott.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/homer_simpson.jpg

WylieBulldog92
09-13-2008, 02:15 PM
http://samueljscott.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/homer_simpson.jpg
Nice personal photo :clap: :clap: :tongue: :tongue:

Old Tiger
09-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice personal photo :clap: :clap: :tongue: :tongue: its a portrait of you haha

WylieBulldog92
09-13-2008, 02:16 PM
its a portrait of you haha
That was a very unwitty statement :nerd:

Mcguirk
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
HOORAH, MODOC, HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm really confused about MODOC. MODOC'S are land pirates, therefore MODOC=Sooner. Yet MODOC was really a native american tribe led by a chief named Captain Jack. So they can't be Sooners. And when will someone come to their (lack of) senses and file a frivilous lawsuit for such an egregious use of a native american name?????????
On Topic: I think a lot will depend on which Wylie team shows up. If they play crisp mistake free football it it wll be a good game. If they play like they did the first half of the LH & Frenship game it could get ugly.

On a side note so I'm not accused of insensitivity; my son is a McMurry grad. They had to drop the Indian name and mascot under pressure from the NCAA. Never mind that they taught all incoming freshman about the positive influences of the culture. Including setting up villages on campus and brining in elementary school kids to teach them native american history and way of life.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
The dawgs got this one hopefully.

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 04:10 PM
La Vega 42
Wylie 20 i actually agree with casey...... :doh:

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04 i actually agree with casey...... :doh:

You think Wylie will lose 3 in a row? I don't think Sandifer will let them.

DU_stud04
09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
You think Wylie will lose 3 in a row? I don't think Sandifer will let them. i know what sandifer can do as a coach, i know what lavega is capable of. wylie was alot better than i expected them to play, it wont be enough though. yes, wylie will lose 3 in a row, BUT it will make them that much better for district play and the playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2008, 05:55 PM
LaVega. What does Wylie have that Brownwood doesn't?

Stownhorse
09-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

A genius coach and home field advantage.

Modoc
09-13-2008, 07:29 PM
We will roll :inlove:

LV - 24
Wylie - 14

Panther Dad X 2
09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
28 La Vega

24 Wylie

With halftime adjustments I think Wylie can keep it close but I also think La Vega has more talent and will pull this one out in the end

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Im going to the game, we should have a meet and greet...

Modoc
09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
If anyone needs text updates during the game, PM me your cell phone number

Stownhorse
09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Im going to the game, we should have a meet and greet...

Who are you fooling. You never show up.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Who are you fooling. You never show up.

I'm fooling you haha...and I do show up.

Nursebetty
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I will say La Vega 42.....Wylie 21. The Pirates will roll again! :D

Nursebetty
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
HOORAH!!!!!!! :D

Trashman
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Sorry Wylie; La Vega rolls in this one. 35-7.:(

STANG RED
09-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Wylie will find a way to win this one. I dont know how, but they will find a way to win it.;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wylie will find a way to win this one. I dont know how, but they will find a way to win it.;)

I agree...Wylie is my 2nd home team so im with em'

bandera7
09-14-2008, 02:27 AM
I hope Wylie pulls this one off. I like the fact that they never have any huge DI athletes that I have heard of. Just boys working hard. However, I like La Vega too, but I am rooting for Wylie this time.

Wylie 31
La Vega 28

nobogey72
09-14-2008, 09:17 AM

A good offseason program!!!!!:taunt: :taunt:

gobbler grad
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
gotta go with LaVega in this one...Wylie gives them their best...:thinking:

Stownhorse
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I'll say what I said about the LH & Wylie game. Wylie might get beat this game, but if this were the playoffs I would never doubt the bulldogs.

Is this gunna be the game of the week?

popcorn screen
09-14-2008, 01:19 PM
LV rolls to a 28 - 14 win.

Wood Fan 2
09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I like Abilene Wylie in this one

Abilene Wylie 38
La Vega 31

cshscougar08
09-14-2008, 02:12 PM
La Vega will roll. They rolled Brownwood and I feel that Brownwood is better than Abilene Wylie. 38-14.

Stownhorse
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
What makes you feel that way? Got a fever?

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
La Vega will roll. They rolled Brownwood and I feel that Brownwood is better than Abilene Wylie. 38-14.

The next time Brownwood wins a game they might get my vote of being better than the bulldogs but i'll still say the dawgs are better.:D :devil: :devil:

WylieBulldog92
09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
The only prescription is more cowbell

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 08:21 AM
If the Bulldogs don't shot themselves in the foot the way they have been doing I think they will win this game. They have to quit giving their opponent a short field to play with. You don't beat the type of football team's Wylie has on their schedule making the mistakes their making. I'm going to give this one to Coach Sandifer and say the Bulldogs pull this one out.

Wylie 28
Waco LV 21

cshscougar08
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM

Yeah. Modoc fever. ;)

I just know how good La Vega is. And I really don't think that Abilene Wylie has the speed to keep up with La Vega.

KingRob
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
La Vega on a roll, and they will be too much for the Bulldogs.

La Vega - 39
Wylie - 20

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
La Vega on a roll, and they will be too much for the Bulldogs.

La Vega - 39
Wylie - 20

I don't know that much about LV, but I know quite a bit about Wylie football. I can only go by what I read and hear about the LV/Brownwood game. It appears that LV is primarily a running team, like Liberty Hill only maybe not quite a totally devoted to the running game. Wylie has always been a very tough team to run the ball on at least for four quaters, and Wylie has always been a great second half team. Even the mighty Liberty Hill Panthers struggled to move the ball in the second half and only scored one TD. That being said, unless LV can throw the ball with some success, I give the Bulldogs a legit chance at winning this game. Not many teams line up and just run the ball against the Bulldogs successfully for the entire game. If the Wylie can keep this game close going into the second half I think they will upset Waco LV, but they will have to eliminate the silly mistakes they have been making in the first three ball games, especially early in the game.

TinyTim
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I don't know that much about LV, but I know quite a bit about Wylie football. I can only go by what I read and hear about the LV/Brownwood game. It appears that LV is primarily a running team, like Liberty Hill only maybe not quite a totally devoted to the running game. Wylie has always been a very tough team to run the ball on at least for four quaters, and Wylie has always been a great second half team. Even the mighty Liberty Hill Panthers struggled to move the ball in the second half and only scored one TD. That being said, unless LV can throw the ball with some success, I give the Bulldogs a legit chance at winning this game. Not many teams line up and just run the ball against the Bulldogs successfully for the entire game. If the Wylie can keep this game close going into the second half I think they will upset Waco LV, but they will have to eliminate the silly mistakes they have been making in the first three ball games, especially early in the game.

I agree with Wylie being able to stop/contain the run to keep the game close. My concern is that wylie will start playing teams that throw the ball and they have not proven yet that they can stop the pass.

NastySlot
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
i haven't seen either one play.....so i will be making an uneducated guess....and i will go with wylie.

solocam
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
LaVega 24
Wylie 17

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
I agree with Wylie being able to stop/contain the run to keep the game close. My concern is that wylie will start playing teams that throw the ball and they have not proven yet that they can stop the pass.

Yep, to many mental mistakes in the first three games. Lot of busted coverages. I think they are correctable though. We will find out next week whether they can hold up against the pass when they travel to Canyon:D

Health is becoming an issue also with the Dawgs. Several key player dinged up right now and the schedule doesn't get any easier either.

cshscougar08
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM

Liberty Hill and La Vega are two totally different teams in regard to HOW they run the ball. Liberty Hill runs between the tackles and just tries to pound it out right down your throat. La Vega relies more on it's speed than it's power, although it certainly isn't lacking in that regard. La Vega will run a lot of power sweeps and gets up the field very fast. While you would want to stack the box close to stop the likes of Liberty Hill, you will have to stay spread and disciplined in order to contain La Vega. I doubt that Wylie has the speed to keep up with them. I stand by my prediction. La Vega rolls.

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Liberty Hill and La Vega are two totally different teams in regard to HOW they run the ball. Liberty Hill runs between the tackles and just tries to pound it out right down your throat. La Vega relies more on it's speed than it's power, although it certainly isn't lacking in that regard. La Vega will run a lot of power sweeps and gets up the field very fast. While you would want to stack the box close to stop the likes of Liberty Hill, you will have to stay spread and disciplined in order to contain La Vega. I doubt that Wylie has the speed to keep up with them. I stand by my prediction. La Vega rolls.

This is the same type of argument we heard before we played Gilmer lat year. Too much speed for the Dawgs! Johnson will run around you and over you at will! I've been watching Wylie play for over 20 years. I've only missed two football games since Hugh Sandifer has been the head coach (1986-present). I've seen every type of running game there is, and I've yet to see anyone just line up and run the ball for four straight quaters with one exception, weather it's right at you or around you. I think it was 2002 Bi-district when Vernon played Wylie at Weatheford. That night Vernon just manhandled a 10-0 Wylie team from start to finish. People constantly underestimate Wylie speed. No, they won't have any 4.4 guys, but they will put 8 on the field who run 4.6 or better and will play smart and disiplined. If they take away the edge and string it out to the sideline it will negate the speed your talking about. Sandifer has done this for years against teams like Everman, Gainsville, and Gilmer among others. Waco LV won't have any more speed than any of these teams had and none were able to just line up and run it the whole game.

I will agree that LV has some big time speed burners and they will probably rip of a couple of long runs during the game, but I also think that Wylie will force them to have to do something there not comfortable in doing to win the game. Liberty Hill came out of the Slot T for a whole series during the second half of the game and made a couple of key first downs in the process. That's what I'm talking about. Wylie forced even LH to do something there not real comfortable in doing to win, and to their credit they did what they had to do and won the game.:clap: This should be a great game and Waco LV is and should be favored, but if they can't throw the ball, I like Wylie's chance of pulling the upset:)

Just my opinion.

garciap77
09-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Wylie 28

La Vega 21

Rocket
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
This is the same type of argument we heard before we played Gilmer lat year. Too much speed for the Dawgs! Johnson will run around you and over you at will! I've been watching Wylie play for over 20 years. I've only missed two football games since Hugh Sandifer has been the head coach (1986-present). I've seen every type of running game there is, and I've yet to see anyone just line up and run the ball for four straight quaters with one exception, weather it's right at you or around you. I think it was 2002 Bi-district when Vernon played Wylie at Weatheford. That night Vernon just manhandled a 10-0 Wylie team from start to finish. People constantly underestimate Wylie speed. No, they won't have any 4.4 guys, but they will put 8 on the field who run 4.6 or better and will play smart and disiplined. If they take away the edge and string it out to the sideline it will negate the speed your talking about. Sandifer has done this for years against teams like Everman, Gainsville, and Gilmer among others. Waco LV won't have any more speed than any of these teams had and none were able to just line up and run it the whole game.

I will agree that LV has some big time speed burners and they will probably rip of a couple of long runs during the game, but I also think that Wylie will force them to have to do something there not comfortable in doing to win the game. Liberty Hill came out of the Slot T for a whole series during the second half of the game and made a couple of key first downs in the process. That's what I'm talking about. Wylie forced even LH to do something there not real comfortable in doing to win, and to their credit they did what they had to do and won the game.:clap: This should be a great game and Waco LV is and should be favored, but if they can't throw the ball, I like Wylie's chance of pulling the upset:)

Just my opinion.

I will say that if Abilene can keep it close at half, and use that good run defense, I say they pull off a win. I will also say that Wylie is a great second half team and if you let them get some momentum, they can got 'er did. Also, Wylie will have to play a near perfect game, by that I mean, NO TURNOVERS.

Wylie 28
La Vega 24

nobogey72
09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I will say that if Abilene can keep it close at half, and use that good run defense, I say they pull off a win. I will also say that Wylie is a great second half team and if you let them get some momentum, they can got 'er did.

Wylie 28
La Vega 24

What the He-- ? In a different thread where you were ragging on LH's having beaten Wylie was "NOT EVEN CLOSE" in comparison to LA VEGA .:confused: :confused: This confirms what I've thought all along about your "emotion fueled" posts. They've got no substance, just what ever pops into your head. :rolleyes: Basically you have established one thing, that you are a true blue loyal BW Lion fan, and that you have an unnatural appetite for crow, and a short memory. :D

michaelp23
09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Liberty Hill runs between the tackles and just tries to pound it out right down your throat.

I agree that LH runs between the tackles. But their offense is based not really on running down your throat, but rather one single strategy- deception. They have 3 or 4 guys including the quarterback that may have the ball every play and you have to tackle all of them. It's an offense that could only work at the high school level. In fact, I don't even think it would work in 5A.

But I have to hand it to them for finding some gimmick that obviously works in 3A football. Their dominance won't last forever. A one dimensional team never will. I think they'll lose this year. But even if they do, they've had a good run (literally). :rolleyes:

As for Wylie, I don't know what to think. I've started to wonder if Sandifer has bitten off more than he can chew with this pre-district schedule. It's all well and good to play tough opponents to get ready for District and Playoffs. But this schedule is just unbelievable. I think you should have one or maybe two average teams on the schedule so that you don't wear your team down. Until this year he's done that, and its seemed to work out great. But this year there just isn't any week to try new things or get back-ups some reps.

A lot of players are beat up from playing playoff atmosphere games against top teams every week. And I can't help but think that, at some point, losing 2 or 3 games every year in pre-district and maybe another 1 or 2 in district creates the mentality among the players that its not a big deal to lose, at least as long as you keep it close......

Just my 2 cents worth. :thinking:

cshscougar08
09-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
IA lot of players are beat up from playing playoff atmosphere games against top teams every week. And I can't help but think that, at some point, losing 2 or 3 games every year in pre-district and maybe another 1 or 2 in district creates the mentality among the players that its not a big deal to lose, at least as long as you keep it close......

I love this thinking right here. Finally someone who thinks the way I and others in China Spring do. We get bashed all the time for our easy cakewalk of a predistrict schedule. But like you said, why beat yourself up every week in a playoff like atmosphere. And for all you people who are going to say, "So you can prepare for district," it's not worth it if you're wearing your kids out week in and week out in order to play the best. It's also not worth it if you're losing kids to injury every week. Just something to think about.

cshscougar08
09-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Waco LV won't have any more speed than any of these teams had and none were able to just line up and run it the whole game.

I will agree that LV has some big time speed burners and they will probably rip of a couple of long runs during the game, but I also think that Wylie will force them to have to do something there not comfortable in doing to win the game.

I thought you didn't know much about La Vega? How do you know they won't have more speed. You don't.

La Vega throws the ball just fine as well by the way. They are very capable and COMFORTABLE with throwing or running. Take one away, you better be ready to stop the other.

michaelp23
09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I love this thinking right here. Finally someone who thinks the way I and others in China Spring do. We get bashed all the time for our easy cakewalk of a predistrict schedule. But like you said, why beat yourself up every week in a playoff like atmosphere. And for all you people who are going to say, "So you can prepare for district," it's not worth it if you're wearing your kids out week in and week out in order to play the best. It's also not worth it if you're losing kids to injury every week. Just something to think about.

I'm not saying we need a cakewalk predistrict schedule. Playing teams like LH and La Vega do make you better for the games that count later, plus they create a lot of buzz and excitment for your program. But it seems to be overkill this year playing one top team after another. Maybe its just too much of a good thing.

nobogey72
09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree that LH runs between the tackles. But their offense is based not really on running down your throat, but rather one single strategy- deception. They have 3 or 4 guys including the quarterback that may have the ball every play and you have to tackle all of them. It's an offense that could only work at the high school level. In fact, I don't even think it would work in 5A.

But I have to hand it to them for finding some gimmick that obviously works in 3A football. Their dominance won't last forever. A one dimensional team never will. I think they'll lose this year. But even if they do, they've had a good run (literally). :rolleyes:

As for Wylie, I don't know what to think. I've started to wonder if Sandifer has bitten off more than he can chew with this pre-district schedule. It's all well and good to play tough opponents to get ready for District and Playoffs. But this schedule is just unbelievable. I think you should have one or maybe two average teams on the schedule so that you don't wear your team down. Until this year he's done that, and its seemed to work out great. But this year there just isn't any week to try new things or get back-ups some reps.

A lot of players are beat up from playing playoff atmosphere games against top teams every week. And I can't help but think that, at some point, losing 2 or 3 games every year in pre-district and maybe another 1 or 2 in district creates the mentality among the players that its not a big deal to lose, at least as long as you keep it close......

Just my 2 cents worth. :thinking:

I understand what you are saying. But, it's not really any different than last year. We were fortunate to really get some lopsided scores (where everyone gets to play) against some very quality opponents, namely Wimberly and Frenship. I think our non-district schedule is oviously tough, but you replace Wimberly with Liberty Hill, and you replace Big Spring with La Vega are the main differences than the last 2 yrs. pre-season. The schedule is magnified this year when our district added Brownwood and Snyder. Another point is that Sandifer has been doing this a long time and I have total confidence in how he keeps the kids focused on the long haul. Obviously, he wants W's, but his focus and I promise you the focus of his players is on improvement each week and raising their level of play to be the best they can be during district and hopefully post district.

cshscougar08
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm not saying we need a cakewalk predistrict schedule. Playing teams like LH and La Vega do make you better for the games that count later, plus they create a lot of buzz and excitment for your program. But it seems to be overkill this year playing one top team after another. Maybe its just too much of a good thing.

Right. I agree one, maybe two good teams is a good thing, but to load up with five is ridiculous.

Rocket
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
What the He-- ? In a different thread where you were ragging on LH's having beaten Wylie was "NOT EVEN CLOSE" in comparison to LA VEGA .:confused: :confused: This confirms what I've thought all along about your "emotion fueled" posts. They've got no substance, just what ever pops into your head. :rolleyes: Basically you have established one thing, that you are a true blue loyal BW Lion fan, and that you have an unnatural appetite for crow, and a short memory. :D

I am alot like you nobogey. You haven't posted anything but pot stirring mess toward me... but I know you are just full of it. I respect Wylie (somewhat) :rolleyes: and think they might have it in them (if they play well) to beat La Vega. Anything can happen, that is why we play the games. La Vega should win, but Wylie can do something about it. ;)

So I have established 1 thing or 3 things? You said one thing and then listed 3. You got the first one right, the 2nd and 3rd? NOPE.

Rocket
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I understand what you are saying. But, it's not really any different than last year. We were fortunate to really get some lopsided scores (where everyone gets to play) against some very quality opponents, namely Wimberly and Frenship. I think our non-district schedule is oviously tough, but you replace Wimberly with Liberty Hill, and you replace Big Spring with La Vega are the main differences than the last 2 yrs. pre-season. The schedule is magnified this year when our district added Brownwood and Snyder. Another point is that Sandifer has been doing this a long time and I have total confidence in how he keeps the kids focused on the long haul. Obviously, he wants W's, but his focus and I promise you the focus of his players is on improvement each week and raising their level of play to be the best they can be during district and hopefully post district.

Wylie and Brownwood took the same road. As a District, we should do well in the playoffs. Wylie wreaking havoc in D1 and Brownwood in D2 and Snyder getting offed in the early going. LOL

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I thought you didn't know much about La Vega? How do you know they won't have more speed. You don't.

La Vega throws the ball just fine as well by the way. They are very capable and COMFORTABLE with throwing or running. Take one away, you better be ready to stop the other.

I don't know that much about LV, but I have seen these other programs up close and personal and I know that if LV had "more" speed than any of these teams they would have won 2 or 3 titles over the past 5 years, becuase Everman and Gainsville were loaded with big time speed and Gilmer had a little bit of everything.:D And I've seen Brownwood many times and read and heard a lot about that game, so I do have a little bit of an idea but I've never seen LV play.

If LV can throw the ball when they have to with some success then Wylie could be in trouble in this game unless they have zero turnovers and just try to score with them. So far they haven't shown the ability to play mistake free football.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Liberty Hill came out of the Slot T for a whole series during the second half of the game and made a couple of key first downs in the process.
We did? :thinking: :thinking: Are you sure about that? :confused:

slingshot
09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Wylie and Brownwood took the same road. As a District, we should do well in the playoffs. Wylie wreaking havoc in D1 and Brownwood in D2 and Snyder getting offed in the early going. LOL Dang... I like that scenario!

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We did? :thinking: :thinking: Are you sure about that? :confused:

Yes, I'm sure. The ball was around the LH 30 yardline and they came out in a spread look (four wr look). The Bulldogs were so shocked they left two of the recievers completely uncovered the first two plays and then they finally adjusted. LH could have scored an easy "gimmie" TD if they would have just thrown the ball one of the first two plays, but it was obvious they were only lining up that way to try to get Wylie's defense out of the alignment they had adjusted to at half time. And it worked. They probably ran 4 or 5 plays in a row in this formation making a couple of first downs and flipping the field position back in their favor. They still ran there same normal plays but they just did it from a spread formation. At the time Wylie had closed the score down to 7 points.

Tx Challenge
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, I'm sure. The ball was around the LH 30 yardline and they came out in a spread look (four wr look).

The only spread look I saw out of LH in this game was on the punting team:)

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
The only spread look I saw out of LH in this game was on the punting team:)
Okay, surely someone else that was at this game saw this sequence of plays:doh: Come on nobogey, gar77, micheal..., ect..................................somebody.

I know I had a couple of foam tops before the game but darn, I didn't think I had that much.

nobogey72
09-15-2008, 03:11 PM

Maybe the difference is having a head coach who sells his kids on what they are trying to accomplish.

Rocket
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Okay, surely someone else that was at this game saw this sequence of plays:doh: Come on nobogey, gar77, micheal..., ect..................................somebody.

I know I had a couple of foam tops before the game but darn, I didn't think I had that much.

I know how you feel man... Don't argue with the majority, they will make you feel like an idiot. I believe you, though. Why wouldn't they come out in a spread? Sounds like a good move to me. LOL:cool:

They told me that Denton Ryan didn't come out in a Slot T in 2003 playoffs against Brownwood and they did. Matthew328 had to come out and back me up. They have been wrong before, they'll be wrong again.. ha ha

pero chato
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Yes, I'm sure. The ball was around the LH 30 yardline and they came out in a spread look (four wr look). The Bulldogs were so shocked they left two of the recievers completely uncovered the first two plays and then they finally adjusted. LH could have scored an easy "gimmie" TD if they would have just thrown the ball one of the first two plays, but it was obvious they were only lining up that way to try to get Wylie's defense out of the alignment they had adjusted to at half time. And it worked. They probably ran 4 or 5 plays in a row in this formation making a couple of first downs and flipping the field position back in their favor. They still ran there same normal plays but they just did it from a spread formation. At the time Wylie had closed the score down to 7 points.

I remember it. Not sure how many plays they ran out of that formation, but at the time I said to myself, "they're not supposed to be doing that".

Texasfootball2
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I remember it. Not sure how many plays they ran out of that formation, but at the time I said to myself, "they're not supposed to be doing that". THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,:cheerl: and it was around 4 or 5 plays. I knew I didn't drink to much:vrycnfsd:

Modoc
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Our passing game is just as good as our running game. ;) Our QB had one interception last year and aired it out regularly. His best missile of the year came against Waco University and ended up as a 77 yard touchdown play.

We can pass if we need to. No worries there.

LH Panther Mom
09-15-2008, 09:05 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,:cheerl: and it was around 4 or 5 plays. I knew I didn't drink to much:vrycnfsd:
Oh, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it's very possible it's something we do quite a bit, so I didn't notice. It might've "looked" like 4 WR's, but we don't have any. ;)

nobogey72
09-16-2008, 04:32 AM
Sorry TF2, didn't mean to leave you hanging. Yeah, I remember LH going 3 and out in the their first possession of the 2nd half and punting and then after another stop, I looked up and they had two out wide. I wouldn't call it a spread, but they definitely went to something to try and change the pace. I remember thinking that we had at least gotten their attention. To LH's credit, they made it work. So, no you didn't drink too much, I remember the same thing. :)

JR2004
09-16-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't know that much about LV, but I have seen these other programs up close and personal and I know that if LV had "more" speed than any of these teams they would have won 2 or 3 titles over the past 5 years, becuase Everman and Gainsville were loaded with big time speed and Gilmer had a little bit of everything.:D And I've seen Brownwood many times and read and heard a lot about that game, so I do have a little bit of an idea but I've never seen LV play.

If LV can throw the ball when they have to with some success then Wylie could be in trouble in this game unless they have zero turnovers and just try to score with them. So far they haven't shown the ability to play mistake free football.

Winning a state title also requires a bit of luck. This could be the year that Modoc has a lucky bounce or two go their way.

If Wylie comes out and turns it over a few times this game could get away from them early. If they play error free they'll make a game of it and stay within 7 or so and have a chance down the stretch to win. The thing LaVega does as well as anyone in the state is their ability to control the flow of a game. I would expect them to come out and set the tone early with physical play like they've always done when I've seen them.

I'll go with Modoc to win another game on the road out in West Texas. This won't be Coach Hyde's (DC for Modoc last time I checked) first rodeo with Wylie. He was up at Birdville ISD in 2000 as an assistant for Gatesville in the state championship game. They'll be well prepared for whatever Wylie throws at them.

Texasfootball2
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Winning a state title also requires a bit of luck. This could be the year that Modoc has a lucky bounce or two go their way.

If Wylie comes out and turns it over a few times this game could get away from them early. If they play error free they'll make a game of it and stay within 7 or so and have a chance down the stretch to win. The thing LaVega does as well as anyone in the state is their ability to control the flow of a game. I would expect them to come out and set the tone early with physical play like they've always done when I've seen them.

I'll go with Modoc to win another game on the road out in West Texas. This won't be Coach Hyde's (DC for Modoc last time I checked) first rodeo with Wylie. He was up at Birdville ISD in 2000 as an assistant for Gatesville in the state championship game. They'll be well prepared for whatever Wylie throws at them.

Good Post JR!

garciap77
09-16-2008, 12:35 PM

You forgot the purple thong!:D ;)

garciap77
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Liberty Hill came out of the Slot T for a whole series during the second half of the game and made a couple of key first downs in the process.

The reason LH is so quite about it is they want to use it vs BW! Now you have let the cat out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I saw it too. Don't understand why they did not pass! Like you said easy TD!:D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,:cheerl: and it was around 4 or 5 plays. I knew I didn't drink to much:vrycnfsd:

Stownhorse
09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah. Modoc fever. ;)

I just know how good La Vega is. And I really don't think that Abilene Wylie has the speed to keep up with La Vega.

Wylie never had the speed to keep up with all the speed in my grade, but somehow they managed it.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Wylie never had the speed to keep up with all the speed in my grade, but somehow they managed it.

That's what I was thinking about our 2005 semi-final team. We
had speed to burn, including one of the fastest kids in 3A that
year(he was a Jr. then).

We lost two games the whole season. The first being 26-3 to
Wylie in the Mustang Bowl.

nobogey72
09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
year(he was a Jr. then).

Wylie in the Mustang Bowl.

Who was the 2nd loss to? :D

DU_stud04
09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
year(he was a Jr. then).

Wylie in the Mustang Bowl. the thing with speed.... sweetwater has fast players, but when they acctually play a fast team(where everyone is quick) thats what happens. i didnt see many burners from wylie but overall they react very fast and are quick...making up for the speed they dont have, beating kids off the ball, lb's being where they need to be instead of trying to catch up.

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Who was the 2nd loss to? :D

The eventual state champ Tatum in Texas Stadium 32-19. They
cheated by outscoring us. That's the only reason they won.:(

:D :devil: :D

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
the thing with speed.... sweetwater has fast players, but when they acctually play a fast team(where everyone is quick) thats what happens. i didnt see many burners from wylie but overall they react very fast and are quick...making up for the speed they dont have, beating kids off the ball, lb's being where they need to be instead of trying to catch up.

Discipline and execution.:thumbsup:

nobogey72
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
The eventual state champ Tatum in Texas Stadium 32-19. They
cheated by outscoring us. That's the only reason they won.:(

:D :devil: :D

Oh! My bad. I was thinking that was the year that (you know who) beat ya'll late in the playoffs. Didn't want to say it out loud.;)

Sweetwater Red
09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh! My bad. I was thinking that was the year that (you know who) beat ya'll late in the playoffs. Didn't want to say it out loud.;)

That was the year before and we all know what that got them.:thinking: :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Snyderloss.jpg

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 05:16 PM

LOL

Don't hijack the La Vega/Wylie thread with Sweetwater/Snyder nonsense :mad: :D

Stownhorse
09-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL

Don't hijack the La Vega/Wylie thread with Sweetwater/Snyder nonsense :mad: :D

Come pick me up for the LH & bwood game. please

DU_stud04
09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Come pick me up for the LH & bwood game. please no, you're sitting on the lavega side with me again this week. hahaha

Old Tiger
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
wylie is a west texas team

waco la vega is a region III

do the math :D

cshscougar08
09-16-2008, 07:53 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I like it!

Rabid Cougar
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM

I like it!

Okie stuff has already gone to your head, CS is a West Texas Team Now!

cshscougar08
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Okie stuff has already gone to your head, CS is a West Texas Team Now!

Hey now Mr. Boutwell, we can still root for our Centex brothers. :D

K-MAC Chuck
09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Wow, what a matchup!

Wish I could see this one, especially having seen Wylie in person this year already...The only prediction is that the fans at this game will enjoy it!

BTW, on another topic..what's Navasota doing on Oct. 30-31? That's Lib Hill's bye week and I'd love to see my "other" team play.

nobogey72
09-17-2008, 06:34 AM
I went to the Wylie Booster Club last night and heard Sandifer's short scouting report on La Vega. Other than outstanding speed (all 3 relays made it to state meet last spring many of which were Sophs and Jrs) outstanding size (O-Line has a 350 and a 325), and play with a lot of confidence....... they don't really have much.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
09-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I went to the Wylie Booster Club last night and heard Sandifer's short scouting report on La Vega. Other than outstanding speed (all 3 relays made it to state meet last spring many of which were Sophs and Jrs) outstanding size (O-Line has a 350 and a 325), and play with a lot of confidence....... they don't really have much.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep.. there punter sucked.. I think that is why they kept scoring on us.. they were afraid to use him...

slingshot
09-17-2008, 10:07 PM

do the math :D Call me crazy, but... I'm kinda liking this general consensus that 'Wylie has no chance against the Monsters of McClennan County' that seems to be pervasive among the all-knowing Downlow community. We like to be overlooked... given no chance to win (on our home field at homecoming no less). I've talked to several of the players and coaches this week--there is no fear (look who we've played this year and in recent years--no 3A team intimidates us), just a steely resolve and desire to put a complete game together for the first time this season and play to our potential.
Wylie by 3...

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM

But atleast we made it to the semis Red.

Stownhorse
09-18-2008, 12:03 AM
no, you're sitting on the lavega side with me again this week. hahaha

yes yes I am. Party at my place afterwards

Rabid Cougar
09-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey now Mr. Boutwell, we can still root for our Centex brothers. :D

So you pull for the school is Austin too???? Yea I thought so.

cshscougar08
09-18-2008, 08:33 AM
So you pull for the school is Austin too???? Yea I thought so.

Of course not!!! You know what I mean. On a HIGH SCHOOL level. ;)

Texasfootball2
09-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Let's see::thinking:

There is mind over matter or (Discipline over speed) or Region I vs. Region III. Depending on which poll you look at there are still about 7 Reg. I teams in the top 25 and only about 3 or 4 Reg III teams in the top 25. Using either type of math it still adds up or ='s that Wylie does have a chance in this game.

It's not the first time Wylie's been out manned by size and speed and it won't be the last.:D

warpig
09-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I am going with wylie by 14 in this one. I think they will shut down the inside power game.

cshscougar08
09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by warpig
I am going with wylie by 14 in this one. I think they will shut down the inside power game.

I'm sure they will since La Vega doesn't run an inside power game. :D

gibby
09-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Ya know guys. We lost a few, but we have learned alot. I know I,m a homer, and I know most are not counting us out, thing is, we can win this one.

Texasfootball2
09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm sure they will since La Vega doesn't run an inside power game. :D This is very good news:2thumbsup since the best way to control the ball against Wylie is to run right at them. I'm feeling better already.:D

5wide
09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Im going with wylie- they've been in big games before and were picked to get whooped but what do they do? Pull the upset time and time again. Sandifer is a pure genious on how to get his boys motivated. Yes vega has more big time players but wylie has more tradition and in games like this tradition plays a big role!

wylie 24

vega 20

gibby
09-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
Im going with wylie- they've been in big games before and were picked to get whooped but what do they do? Pull the upset time and time again. Sandifer is a pure genious on how to get his boys motivated. Yes vega has more big time players but wylie has more tradition and in games like this tradition plays a big role!

wylie 24

vega 20

You my friend are a wise person.

Modoc
09-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Last call for text message updates. I will not check this after 12:00 noon Friday. To everyone who has sent me their cell number, I have it written down!!

cshscougar08
09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Modoc
Last call for text message updates. I will not check this after 12:00 noon Friday. To everyone who has sent me their cell number, I have it written down!!

I'll take them this week. You already have my number.

garciap77
09-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Call me crazy, but... I'm kinda liking this general consensus that 'Wylie has no chance against the Monsters of McClennan County' that seems to be pervasive among the all-knowing Downlow community. We like to be overlooked... given no chance to win (on our home field at homecoming no less). I've talked to several of the players and coaches this week--there is no fear (look who we've played this year and in recent years--no 3A team intimidates us), just a steely resolve and desire to put a complete game together for the first time this season and play to our potential.
Wylie by 3...

:2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 5wide

wylie 24

vega 20
VEGA is a 1A school, so Wylie should beat them by more than 4. :p

garciap77
09-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
VEGA is a 1A school, so Wylie should beat them by more than 4. :p

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

But, I say by 6 since Wylie is a 5A school!;)

WOW, a 1A school playing a 5A school!;)

slingshot
09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Call me crazy, but... I'm kinda liking this general consensus that 'Wylie has no chance against the Monsters of McClennan County' that seems to be pervasive among the all-knowing Downlow community. We like to be overlooked... given no chance to win (on our home field at homecoming no less). I've talked to several of the players and coaches this week--there is no fear (look who we've played this year and in recent years--no 3A team intimidates us), just a steely resolve and desire to put a complete game together for the first time this season and play to our potential.
Wylie by 3... Darn... hate that I was so far off. We only won by 2 ;)

wimbo_pro
09-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Good call Slingshot.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
What a great game this was! Congrats to the bulldogs!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
09-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Darn... hate that I was so far off. We only won by 2 ;)

Great call Slingshot!:D

They had some big boys!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0805.jpg

LHPfactory
09-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I picked AW in the poll the other day........had a feeling......

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Great call Slingshot!:D

They had some big boys!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0805.jpg

Look at the gut on 76!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Geez look at the poll!

70% thought La Vega would roll but I knew the dawgs wouldn't lose this one.

garciap77
09-20-2008, 12:08 AM
They were big, but the Cuero team we play in the final in 2004 was the biggest 3A high school team I have ever seen play!

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
They were big, but the Cuero team we play in the final in 2004 was the biggest 3A high school team I have ever seen play!

Yea they weren't huge just kind of big.

WylieBulldog92
09-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Look at the gut on 76!!!
I was more impressed with 77 he had a donk... NO HOMO lol

WylieBulldog92
09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Also La Vega players should worry more about the game than trash talking the whole game and taking late shots...

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Also La Vega players should worry more about the game than trash talking the whole game and taking late shots...

So i've heard.

Lion_Addict
09-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Heard the score on this game during the drive home last night and will be honest......I was in shock :eek: ! I didn't think there was any way yawl would pull that off but dag gum....CONGRATS! Great job Bulldogs :2thumbsup !! Looking forward to that 1st District game. It's gonna be another "war"!

slingshot
09-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Heard the score on this game during the drive home last night and will be honest......I was in shock :eek: ! I didn't think there was any way yawl would pull that off but dag gum....CONGRATS! Great job Bulldogs :2thumbsup !! Looking forward to that 1st District game. It's gonna be another "war"! I'm kinda looking forwrd to it myself... oops I forgot--Brownwood 'owns' Wylie :rolleyes: guess we better just forfeit now and save ourselves the trouble ;) ...not! See you in district!

TinyTim
09-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm kinda looking forwrd to it myself... oops I forgot--Brownwood 'owns' Wylie :rolleyes: guess we better just forfeit now and save ourselves the trouble ;) ...not! See you in district!

Great job Wylie.

How did they do it????

Daddy D 11
09-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Heard the score on this game during the drive home last night and will be honest......I was in shock :eek: ! I didn't think there was any way yawl would pull that off but dag gum....CONGRATS! Great job Bulldogs :2thumbsup !! Looking forward to that 1st District game. It's gonna be another "war"!

Looks like someone was underestimating Wylie:p haha

i feel sorry for yall, both teams have another flat out war:eek:

Lion_Addict
09-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm kinda looking forwrd to it myself... oops I forgot--Brownwood 'owns' Wylie :rolleyes: guess we better just forfeit now and save ourselves the trouble ;) ...not! See you in district!

Heh Heh.....gonna just save it till that week :evillol: :devil: . Again, congratulations to Wylie.

Lion_Addict
09-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Looks like someone was underestimating Wylie:p haha

i feel sorry for yall, both teams have another flat out war:eek:

Yes sir. I will admit it. I sho nuff did underestimate 'em.
Gonna be interesting to say the least when we get to that matchup.....but I gotta wait till we get to that week to share any thoughts, LOL! ;)

Looking4number8
09-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Have I said...................... Congrats to Wylie last night.. I think you deserve to be ranked right up there with LH next week

Looking forwad to October 10th

garciap77
09-20-2008, 09:53 AM

Let's see, Wylie 22 La Vega 20!

:D :D :D

garciap77
09-20-2008, 09:54 AM

I like it!

I like this better, "Wyile 22 La Vega 20"!

:D

exbulldog06
09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Good game for wylie im ready for canyon now!!

Rocket
09-20-2008, 11:17 AM

Well, hate to say it, but that run defense will do you no good when you play us; i.e. Frenship.

Rocket
09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I will say that if Abilene can keep it close at half, and use that good run defense, I say they pull off a win. I will also say that Wylie is a great second half team and if you let them get some momentum, they can got 'er did. Also, Wylie will have to play a near perfect game, by that I mean, NO TURNOVERS.

Wylie 28
La Vega 24

I picked Wylie because of your run defense. Good job, Wylie. I knew you would disrupt their gameplan.

Big District Opener coming up!

Wow, did Wylie get a heck of a schedule or what? All of their biggest games at home? Well, good for concessions, huh nobogey? :rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
09-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I now understand what Rocket means when he talks about BW's air attack.

garciap77
09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I picked Wylie because of your run defense. Good job, Wylie. I knew you would disrupt their gameplan.

Big District Opener coming up!

Wow, did Wylie get a heck of a schedule or what? All of their biggest games at home? Well, good for concessions, huh nobogey? :rolleyes:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Including Brownwood!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Rocket I hope you like sitting next to our Jr. High! Not enough room on the HOME SIDE! Hey, come early and if you need me to safe you a sit let me know before Monday!;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0723.jpg

rockdale80
09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Nice win AW. Congrats.

Mcguirk
09-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Where are all the La Vega posters?

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 01:02 PM
la vega didn't have many posters to begin with ;)

I am shocked by this score. Must have played well coached ball and congrats to AW!

garciap77
09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
max preps shows 37-20 La Vega but ill go with 21-14 Wylie.

:fnypost: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :fnypost:

I think this is funnier!

Wylie 22 La Vega 20!

Good Call Snyder325Tigers!:clap:

Old Tiger
09-20-2008, 01:08 PM
his spread didn't get covered ;)

garciap77
09-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
Where are all the La Vega posters?

Here is one of them!

We will roll :inlove:

LV - 24
Wylie - 14

And I think the other was Go Blue, but then again Go Blue :cheerl: :cheerl: for everyone except Rockdale!:D ;)

Mcguirk
09-20-2008, 01:13 PM
It was a very good hard fought game. Wylie kept them off the field long enough and stopped them when thay had to. Having said that, I believe most people from Wylie will admit they are glad it didn't go into overtime. And whoever said La Vega didn't have an inside running game was mistaken. They ran for a lot of yards inside.

catdaddy
09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Congrats Wylie, BTW I voted for yall. I just had a feeling you were due.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I think this is funnier!

Wylie 22 La Vega 20!

Good Call Snyder325Tigers!:clap:

Lol I wasn't to far off.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Wylie should beat Canyon, they have a good passing game but I think Wylie can candle it.

Plus Canyon was bye this week so maybe a little advantage.:thinking:

Wylie 36

Canyon 28

Nursebetty
09-20-2008, 09:11 PM
nm

Nursebetty
09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Where are all the La Vega posters? You can consider ME one of the La Vega posters! I'm not from there, but I consider La Vega my second favorite team to root for......GOBBLERS first, of course! So, the Pirates lost a game, big deal.......they'll do better next week...simple as that. Pretty much everyone "talks their team up" on here before a game.....all week, in fact. Then it seems as though when a team loses, people want to down them. Wylie apparently played better ball last night.....congratulations to them! La Vega has Crockett next week for homecoming.......I say they get the win over Crockett.......HOORAH!!!!!!!

Mcguirk
09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
You can consider ME one of the La Vega posters! I'm not from there, but I consider La Vega my second favorite team to root for......GOBBLERS first, of course! So, the Pirates lost a game, big deal.......they'll do better next week...simple as that. Pretty much everyone "talks their team up" on here before a game.....all week, in fact. Then it seems as though when a team loses, people want to down them. Wylie apparently played better ball last night.....congratulations to them! La Vega has Crockett next week for homecoming.......I say they get the win over Crockett.......HOORAH!!!!!!!
Wasn't calling anyone out or downing anyone:confused: After the LH game both sides came on the board to give their thoughts on the game. I just wondered what the thoughts of the LV fans were. :ack!:

Nursebetty
09-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Wasn't calling anyone out or downing anyone:confused: After the LH game both sides came on the board to give their thoughts on the game. I just wondered what the thoughts of the LV fans were. :ack!: It's all cool! I was just mainly talking about posters on here as a whole.....This wasn't a personal post towards you Mcguirk.......just an in general post about where all the La Vega posters were ............ :D;)

smash mouth
09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I am somewhat of an LV poster.
Was at the game and wondering who was trash talking and taking cheap shots? Look like a hard fought clean game between 2 very good teams. I may be wrong but I think LV had only 1 turnover coming in to the game and turned it over 4 times. Normally I would give credit to the other team for creating the turnovers but one came on a pass that bounced off an LV receiver, one came on a bad pitch from qb to rb, one came on a wrong route. Don't get me wrong, Wylie was ready to play and definetly played a great game. But LV gained 430 yards - the most they have all year, so it is not like they were slowed down they just did what you cant do against good teams - shoot themselves in the foot

I really think that Brownwood, Liberty Hill, La Vega and Wylie have very tough schedules that will get them ready for deep play off runs, The last 2 weeks of the play offs could include 3 of these four, would say all four but arent wood, hill and wylie all in the same region?

Mcguirk
09-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
It's all cool! I was just mainly talking about posters on here as a whole.....This wasn't a personal post towards you Mcguirk.......just an in general post about where all the La Vega posters were ............ :D;)
Cool back to ya. :cool: It was a great game. I know it's a pain for the team and fans to travel such long distances. But it's great to see how football is played in other parts of the state. That's also what's great about the DL. If you can't see them play you can get a feel for the team by talking to the fans.

smash mouth
09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I know that there are alot of fans for every team on here and I am suprised LV doesn't have more but they are trying to build a tradition. They have been up and down in the past = if they can roll this year it will be 3 straight big runs and they are gaining alot of popularity. It is always great to read posts from homers about their teams - everyone gets defensive !!!!!!!!

slingshot
09-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Will LV likely go DI or DII in the playoffs?

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Will LV likely go DI or DII in the playoffs?

DII

WylieBulldog92
09-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by smash mouth
Was at the game and wondering who was trash talking and taking cheap shots?
The other team? LV....

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 01:57 AM
The other team? LV....

Lol

nobogey72
09-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Have I said...................... Congrats to Wylie last night.. I think you deserve to be ranked right up there with LH next week

Looking forwad to October 10th

If you pay attention to the Massey Ratings, (which I put a lot more stock in than a bunch of sportswriters) Wylie has been up towards the top even with 2 losses, as has Brownwood. I would imagine that Brownwood and Wylie will both go up this week in the Massey ratings.

nobogey72
09-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Well, hate to say it, but that run defense will do you no good when you play us; i.e. Frenship.

Don't tell me that you are gonna start running your mouth again. I think you said last week "Wylie is NO La Vega". Didn't you? I think if I was you I would try my best to keep my smart ass comments to a minimum being critical of other teams defense 2 days after I got 56 hung on me by a "circus as you call it" offense. 1-3 and still talking crap. That's amazing. I'm trying to decide who talks more crap, the La Vega team, or Rocket. I have to go with Rocket. ANOTHER FAMOUS ROCKET COMMENT THAT KEEPS COMING TO MIND-------"You folks have no earthly idea." You are right, though----I would have thought you would be better than 1-3. I do have to admire your optimism though, it's you IQ that I'm having a problem with.:taunt: :taunt:

smash mouth
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM
The other team? LV....

thanks for your great insight
I meant numbers or even positions - I have seen them before and although everyone does it It typically is not a big item for LV

WylieBulldog92
09-21-2008, 01:31 PM
thanks for your great insight
I meant numbers or even positions - I have seen them before and although everyone does it It typically is not a big item for LV
Well I didn't have a pen and pad at me with the time so excuse me if I don't remember.:doh:

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-21-2008, 01:46 PM
All you need to do with Bwood is get their QB and you won't have to worry a whole lot.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2008, 01:49 PM
All you need to do with Bwood is get their QB and you won't have to worry a whole lot.
Be sure and let us know how that turns out for ya! :D

Texasfootball2
09-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Was at the game and wondering who was trash talking and taking cheap shots? Look like a hard fought clean game between 2 very good teams. I may be wrong but I think LV had only 1 turnover coming in to the game and turned it over 4 times. Normally I would give credit to the other team for creating the turnovers but one came on a pass that bounced off an LV receiver, one came on a bad pitch from qb to rb, one came on a wrong route. Don't get me wrong, Wylie was ready to play and definetly played a great game. But LV gained 430 yards - the most they have all year, so it is not like they were slowed down they just did what you cant do against good teams - shoot themselves in the foot

I really think that Brownwood, Liberty Hill, La Vega and Wylie have very tough schedules that will get them ready for deep play off runs, The last 2 weeks of the play offs could include 3 of these four, would say all four but arent wood, hill and wylie all in the same region?
Yea, 175 yards came on three plays. Thats what speed will do for you though. Know matter how you slice it the first quater was just a total domination by Wylie and LV was lucky that they weren't down three scores, and it wasn't because LV was just giving the ball away. A three & out to open the game along with a 15 yard punt put LV in an early hole that they could not get out of until the 65+ yard TD pass.

As for the trash talking and cheap shots. I didn't notice any of this. I thought it was a clean and hard faught game on both sides. I was also impressed with the LV fans and band. They were a spirited bunch and help make this a playoff atmosphere, much like the Liberty Hill game was. Good Luck to the pirates the rest of the way. Who knows:thinking: these two teams may play again.:D

BwdLions
09-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Congrats Wylie on a great win! ;)

BwdLions
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Come on man, you've got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Come on man, you've got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would imagine that getting to him is a little easier said than done. For him to have thrown for that much against LH, sounds like the protection must have been solid. Somebody did a good job keeping #6 off of Pachal, because he could flat go get the QB.

Pirate Mom
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Yea, 175 yards came on three plays. Thats what speed will do for you though. Know matter how you slice it the first quater was just a total domination by Wylie and LV was lucky that they weren't down three scores, and it wasn't because LV was just giving the ball away. A three & out to open the game along with a 15 yard punt put LV in an early hole that they could not get out of until the 65+ yard TD pass.

As for the trash talking and cheap shots. I didn't notice any of this. I thought it was a clean and hard faught game on both sides. I was also impressed with the LV fans and band. They were a spirited bunch and help make this a playoff atmosphere, much like the Liberty Hill game was. Good Luck to the pirates the rest of the way. Who knows:thinking: these two teams may play again.:D

Thanks for the compliments...it was a fun game...but a REALLY long trip! Congrats to Wylie...they did play a good game, but we definitely beat ourselves in this one. As for the three & out to open the game...Wylie opened the 2nd half the same way. We never make the kind of turnovers we did Friday...just not our best game play. As for the trash talking...had my son on the field all night and he says he doesn't remember that from either team. I just think Wylie was ready to play AND win and we weren't. We'll get back in stride this week I'm sure. Good luck to Wylie against Brownwood too...should be a good game.

On a less pleasant note, I have to admit that while Friday's game was great...thanks to the teams...the Wylie fan hospitality left something to be desired. I realize it was homecoming and there was a huge crowd, but it seems their overflow fans (mostly Jr High kids I'm told) would have been better served sitting in the overflow bleachers than in the visitors stand. They were placed so that they blocked our access to restrooms and concessions and they were incredibly rude....boo-ing as our team entered the field, chanting for their team as our band played our school song to open the game, throwing trash on our fans as they entered the gate, repeatedly destroying our decorations...throwing our signs in the trash, spitting on our flag, etc. I was appalled. I did give consideration to the fact that they were children, but even when adults and police officers were present, their bad behavior continued. Very disappointing part of an otherwise exciting game. Also, it would be great if Wylie considered installing a speaker on the visitor's side as well...did not hear anything the announcer said all night.

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Pirate Mom
Thanks for the compliments...it was a fun game...but a REALLY long trip! Congrats to Wylie...they did play a good game, but we definitely beat ourselves in this one. As for the three & out to open the game...Wylie opened the 2nd half the same way. We never make the kind of turnovers we did Friday...just not our best game play. As for the trash talking...had my son on the field all night and he says he doesn't remember that from either team. I just think Wylie was ready to play AND win and we weren't. We'll get back in stride this week I'm sure. Good luck to Wylie against Brownwood too...should be a good game.

On a less pleasant note, I have to admit that while Friday's game was great...thanks to the teams...the Wylie fan hospitality left something to be desired. I realize it was homecoming and there was a huge crowd, but it seems their overflow fans (mostly Jr High kids I'm told) would have been better served sitting in the overflow bleachers than in the visitors stand. They were placed so that they blocked our access to restrooms and concessions and they were incredibly rude....boo-ing as our team entered the field, chanting for their team as our band played our school song to open the game, throwing trash on our fans as they entered the gate, repeatedly destroying our decorations...throwing our signs in the trash, spitting on our flag, etc. I was appalled. I did give consideration to the fact that they were children, but even when adults and police officers were present, their bad behavior continued. Very disappointing part of an otherwise exciting game. Also, it would be great if Wylie considered installing a speaker on the visitor's side as well...did not hear anything the announcer said all night.

First of all I wanna say....Welcome to the board!!!!!

I don't think I have ever seen an instance when the home side had "students" sitting on the visitors side that there were not some kind of problems! That is just NOT a good combination, IMO!!

Lion_Addict
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't think I have ever seen an instance when the home side had "students" sitting on the visitors side that there were not some kind of problems! That is just NOT a good combination, IMO!!

:ditto: :iagree:

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM

I am extremely sorry and embarrassed that they acted that way. I'm really surprised that there wasn't a principal or someone over there tending to them. I really hate for ya'll to have that impression of Wylie. That's not acceptable. Sorry!

nobogey72
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
First of all I wanna say....Welcome to the board!!!!!

That's the first time I can ever remember resorting to having to put some of the students on the visitors side. Being homecoming I guess it was necessary. I do know that our side was absolutely packed. I don't know of any other possible solution, except to add seating to both sides which will be done after the season is over. That is pretty embarrassing.

Texasfootball2
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM

On a less pleasant note, I have to admit that while Friday's game was great...thanks to the teams...the Wylie fan hospitality left something to be desired. I realize it was homecoming and there was a huge crowd, but it seems their overflow fans (mostly Jr High kids I'm told) would have been better served sitting in the overflow bleachers than in the visitors stand. They were placed so that they blocked our access to restrooms and concessions and they were incredibly rude....boo-ing as our team entered the field, chanting for their team as our band played our school song to open the game, throwing trash on our fans as they entered the gate, repeatedly destroying our decorations...throwing our signs in the trash, spitting on our flag, etc. I was appalled. I did give consideration to the fact that they were children, but even when adults and police officers were present, their bad behavior continued. Very disappointing part of an otherwise exciting game. Also, it would be great if Wylie considered installing a speaker on the visitor's side as well...did not hear anything the announcer said all night. Pirate Mom, I too want to apologize. I think it was an experiment that failed miserably. I heard two of our administrators talking after the game about how that was a bad idea and they probably won't ever do that again (except for the Brownwood game:D ).

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Well, what did you expect from a bunch of spoiled little rich kids?
I bet all of them youngsters were wearing designer clothes and $300 shoes.:stirpot: :D

DaHop72
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
:ditto: :iagree: Prepare yourselves for when you come to Snyder. The junior high doesn't sit on the visitors side but due to no season tickets available general admission tickets are sold on the visitor side and Wylie and Sweetwater fans can tell you the horror stories to expect.:( :(

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Prepare yourselves for when you come to Snyder. The junior high doesn't sit on the visitors side but due to no season tickets available general admission tickets are sold on the visitor side and Wylie and Sweetwater fans can tell you the horror stories to expect.:( :(

In Sweetwater's case we just point to the scoreboard as we
head for the exits at the end of the game.:evillol:

Lion_Addict
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Prepare yourselves for when you come to Snyder. The junior high doesn't sit on the visitors side but due to no season tickets available general admission tickets are sold on the visitor side and Wylie and Sweetwater fans can tell you the horror stories to expect.:( :(

Oh I ain't worried. Mrs. Addict is a mean little cuss ( :helpme: ) and speaks her mind quite often and does a pretty good job. I just let her do the dirty work. :D

DaHop72
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh I ain't worried. Mrs. Addict is a mean little cuss ( :helpme: ) and speaks her mind quite often and does a pretty good job. I just let her do the dirty work. :D She and nobogey's wife aren't sisters are they? :D :D

Lion_Addict
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
She and nobogey's wife aren't sisters are they? :D :D

Gawd, I hope not! I wouldn't wanna have to claim that ole fart as kin!! :eek: :D

pero chato
09-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Welcome to the board!
Ditto on the apology for the behavior of our jr. high kids. Trust me, we don't want them on OUR side either. They do all the things you listed to us except maybe boo the Bulldogs. Anyway, I knew it was a bad idea when I heard about it and hopefully it won't happen again.
It was a hard fought game that I think would have gone the other way if you take away the turnovers. We've had a couple like that this year, too. Good luck on the rest of the season!

tbone
09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
As the principal of Wylie Junior High, I feel the need to both apologize and respond to Pirate Mom's concerns. First of all, I am responsible for those kids (about 450) during the games and I want to express my sincere apology for any poor actions of my kids. I will address a few of the concerns that you had:

The JH kids booed as LV players came out - Unfortunately it is true. I did not anticipate that happening and I ran around to each area and told them to stop and not boo anymore - only cheer for the bulldogs. I believe they followed my instructions once they were told.

Cheering during LV school song - Unfortunately true again. They were in their own little world and did not realize the song was being played. Once again, I ran around telling them to stop which they did. They did continue to cheer for the bulldogs, which I allowed.

Denied access to restroom and concession - I actually had the area roped off where LV fans could go down the ramp without crossing the JH section and the JH kids would go out the end. LV fans chose to go under the rope instead.

Throwing trash on fans - I did not observe this or have it reported to me. I certainly apologize if it occured.

I attempted to do a good job monitoring the area and watch my senior who is on the team. I offer no excuses and should have anticipated these problems. This was our first and probably last time to sit the JH kids on the other side.

We obviously have a seating issue in our stadium which (thank goodness) will be addressed by next year.

Pirate Mom and Wylie fans that have had to apologize on my behalf,

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Tommy Vaughn

Mcguirk
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, what did you expect from a bunch of spoiled little rich kids?
I bet all of them youngsters were wearing designer clothes and $300 shoes.:stirpot: :D

Well if I would have known my daughter was doing that I would have yanked her by her Abercrombie&Fitch, Hollister, American Eagle, Lacoste, Polo, Ralph Lauren shirt, thrown her into her Benz and sent her Walmart shopping as punishment!:taunt:

Seriouisly, most Wylie people would be extremely upset at these actions. And I would almost guarantee that it would/will not happen again. Sorry it happened here. I do volunteer work at the school and Jr High kids would be voted most obnoxious in any poll.
I have to agree with DaHop too. 99% of the Snyder people I know were good fans that could take a ribbing and give one too. Unfortunately the other 1% sit on the visitors side. But to the schools credit, problems in the past were dealt with quickly.

And on a side note; I wish my kids shopped at Walmart. They buy all their clothes at Salvation army, Goodwill and St Vincents thrift. Their motto is; If it ain't old and worn out it ain't worth wearing. Ditto on the car. All three would drive a hearse or dump truck if I would let them.

DaHop72
09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by tbone
As the principal of Wylie Junior High, I feel the need to both apologize and respond to Pirate Mom's concerns. First of all, I am responsible for those kids (about 450) during the games and I want to express my sincere apology for any poor actions of my kids. I will address a few of the concerns that you had:

The JH kids booed as LV players came out - Unfortunately it is true. I did not anticipate that happening and I ran around to each area and told them to stop and not boo anymore - only cheer for the bulldogs. I believe they followed my instructions once they were told.

Cheering during LV school song - Unfortunately true again. They were in their own little world and did not realize the song was being played. Once again, I ran around telling them to stop which they did. They did continue to cheer for the bulldogs, which I allowed.

Denied access to restroom and concession - I actually had the area roped off where LV fans could go down the ramp without crossing the JH section and the JH kids would go out the end. LV fans chose to go under the rope instead.

Throwing trash on fans - I did not observe this or have it reported to me. I certainly apologize if it occured.

I attempted to do a good job monitoring the area and watch my senior who is on the team. I offer no excuses and should have anticipated these problems. This was our first and probably last time to sit the JH kids on the other side.

We obviously have a seating issue in our stadium which (thank goodness) will be addressed by next year.

Tommy Vaughn :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Tommy Vaughn

I hate you had to have your first post an apology, (which may have been the reason you joined up) but welcome to the board!

I know Greenwood has someone "guarding" the visitors side and no Greenwood students are allowed to sit over there.....because of some of the above mentioned behavior that happened in the past!!

You have my utmost respect for what you do.....I thought once upon a time I might want to be a teacher, but it just took one time subbing in Junior High for me to change my mind!!:D :D

Pirate Mom
09-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks to all who apologized and especially to Mr. Vaughn. I thought it best that someone be aware of the issue and actually sent a letter to the school...after I posted...didn't know admin would be on here! I don't post much...don't have much time!...but I do enjoy reading the comments and hype before and after games. I never take the slander too seriously...we're forever living down some bad rep over something... It was a great game...thanks to the well wishers and good luck to everyone for the rest of the season! Pirates will definitely be on a treasure hunt this Fall!

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks to all who apologized and especially to Mr. Vaughn. I thought it best that someone be aware of the issue and actually sent a letter to the school...after I posted...didn't know admin would be on here! I don't post much...don't have much time!...but I do enjoy reading the comments and hype before and after games. I never take the slander too seriously...we're forever living down some bad rep over something... It was a great game...thanks to the well wishers and good luck to everyone for the rest of the season! Pirates will definitely be on a treasure hunt this Fall!
Welcome to the Downlow! :)

tbone
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Pirate Mom,

Thank you for accepting our apology. We learned some things last Friday that will allow us to do better in the future. The main thing is ADD SEATING!

A great problem to have, but for now it is a problem.

I too am much more of a reader of this forum than a poster. I do enjoy the banter back and forth. Especially from that No Bogey character. I bet he has seen plenty of Bogeys in his day.

jambo67
09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll take Wylie. They have a good history of winning big games(except Highland Park) and made some promising runs into the playoffs even as a small 4-A (until they met HP or Ennis). But this is a new season and the losses are forgotten.

"FARE THE WARNED, BE THEE, SAYS I."

JR2004
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
I'll take Wylie. They have a good history of winning big games(except Highland Park) and made some promising runs into the playoffs even as a small 4-A (until they met HP or Ennis). But this is a new season and the losses are forgotten.

Okay. Not that Wylie!

Ranger Mom
09-22-2008, 08:26 PM

LOL!! ABILENE Wylie and Waco LaVega played Friday night.....ABILENE Wylie won!

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
LOL I looked and thought why is this thread still going...:confused: but then I seen someone thought the game was this week.

DU_stud04
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
LOL I looked and thought why is this thread still going...:confused: but then I seen someone thought the game was this week. no, he thought it was a different game.....get with the program. :thumbsup:

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
no, he thought it was a different game.....get with the program. :thumbsup:

:doh:

Modoc
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
LOL...garciap, you seem just a little too happy for me. It took 4 turnovers for ya'll to beat us by TWO. AND we didn't have our best player. What a powerhouse. LOL. Take away those turnovers and we control the ball longer...and probably win. But we didn't, and your boys took full advantage of our mistakes and made sure we paid for them, plus interest and state sales tax.

My hat goes off to them!

And I hate to beat a dead horse, but those Wylie Jr. High kids sure get away with a lot. If that wasn't annoying enough, the Abilene Wylie fan behind me was saying throughout the whole first half how he would kill any LV fan who went up there and tried to start any trouble with them.

I mean, I'm all for protecting kids and wouldn't have even let a LV fan start a scene with those kids because I was sitting right there, but come on.....

Instead of telling them to stop with the profanity, debris tossing, and rude remarks to LV fans, he just said the cop on duty would be the least of any LV fans' (kid or adult) worries if they confronted any Wylie kids. I had enough of the empty death threats right in my ear and explained to him that some people don't like stuff thrown on them and cussed at, especially when they paid money and drove 3 hours to sit with their own damn fans. I waited for a response but all he did was just blow hard air out of his nose while his wife massaged his shoulder.

I'm all for school support, but there's a classy way to support your team, and it doesn't include profanity and nonsense towards opponents' fans.

Goodness, keep your fans on your own side.

That little Jr. high crowd is trouble waiting to happen, whether a lawsuit or unruly rival fans. Who does that? :confused:

Hi Pirate Mom. Finally, I have some backup here.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
LOL...garciap, you seem just a little too happy for me. It took 4 turnovers for ya'll to beat us by TWO. AND we didn't have our best player. What a powerhouse. LOL. Take away those turnovers and we control the ball longer...and probably win. But we didn't, and your boys took full advantage of our mistakes and made sure we paid for them, plus interest and state sales tax.

My hat goes off to them!

And I hate to beat a dead horse, but those Wylie Jr. High kids sure get away with a lot. If that wasn't annoying enough, the Abilene Wylie fan behind me was saying throughout the whole first half how he would kill any LV fan who went up there and tried to start any trouble with them.

I mean, I'm all for protecting kids and wouldn't have even let a LV fan start a scene with those kids because I was sitting right there, but come on.....

Instead of telling them to stop with the profanity, debris tossing, and rude remarks to LV fans, he just said the cop on duty would be the least of any LV fans' (kid or adult) worries if they confronted any Wylie kids. I had enough of the empty death threats right in my ear and explained to him that some people don't like stuff thrown on them and cussed at, especially when they paid money and drove 3 hours to sit with their own damn fans. I waited for a response but all he did was just blow hard air out of his nose while his wife massaged his shoulder.

I'm all for school support, but there's a classy way to support your team, and it doesn't include profanity and nonsense towards opponents' fans.

That little Jr. high crowd is trouble waiting to happen, whether a lawsuit or unruly rival fans. Who does that? :confused:

Well don't put it on the community of Wylie because of stupids Jr. High kids...they are immature kids like every town has.

Most Wylie people aren't like that, most of them are very respectful.

Mcguirk
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM

My hat goes off to them!

We'll be sure to contact the UIL to put an asterisk next to the W that says we recognize that we actually lost but got lucky. :rolleyes:
I believe that the Jr High principal, Mr Vaughn got on this board and apologized for letting things get out of hand. Also don't hold all fans to the standard of what one fan in the bleachers might say. 99.9% of the people from Wylie would not condone this type of behavior. A few would have stepped in and tried to put a stop to it if they would have known about it. We are sorry that this happened to your fans.
And I agree with keeping fans on your own side.

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:45 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Pirate Mom,

Thank you for accepting our apology. We learned some things last Friday that will allow us to do better in the future. The main thing is ADD SEATING!

A great problem to have, but for now it is a problem.

I too am much more of a reader of this forum than a poster. I do enjoy the banter back and forth. Especially from that No Bogey character. I bet he has seen plenty of Bogeys in his day.

I heard his is attends Wylie Jr. High and was one of the kids that was acting up!

;)

garciap77
09-26-2008, 07:50 AM

I thought Wylie was 5A!

garciap77
09-26-2008, 08:15 AM

My hat goes off to them!

Yes I'm a little to happy, but sad that our kids acted they way you described Who said we were a powerhouse? We had some turn overs too. And we had some players that were not at 100%. All that said this game could have gone either way.

I apologize for our Jr. High kids! Especially for the Wylie fan sitting behind you. The person should had put a stop to the problem. I'm sure this problem will be taken care. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Texasfootball2
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM

My hat goes off to them!

Well Modoc, everybody and there dog have already apologized for the actions of our Jr. High Kids. Like I said in an earlier post, an experiment gone bad, and will never be done again.

But I would rather deal with a bunch of Jr. High kids acting as brats as I would my so called "best player" not playing because he was arrested for armed robbery.

Ranger Mom
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Well Modoc, everybody and there dog have already apologized for the actions of our Jr. High Kids. Like I said in an earlier post, an experiment gone bad, and will never be done again.

But I would rather deal with a bunch of Jr. High kids acting as brats as I would my so called "best player" not playing because he was arrested for armed robbery.

:eek: :eek: