PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Ike Reports from Bridge City area

Administrator
09-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I Just wanted to let everyone know that Bridge City is apparently under water, There are numerous reports that there is about 5-10 feet of water in all locations in Bridge City. The only CONFIRMED report that I have is from a friend who has stayed, and was woke up at 1AM by water in his house. He and his kids have been forced up into their attic, and at this time there is 4 to 5 feet of water in their house. There are numerous reports from the Bridge City of other people being forced to their attics and roof. Also reports from Downtown Orange that a breach of a "Levee" has put about 9.5 feet of water into Downtown. Keep in mind that Bridge City didn't even get Hurricane forced winds during this storm, the surge was due to the size of the storm itself.

I am in East Texas right now, and it's pretty bad up here at this time. Not nearly as bad as Rita, but still pretty bad, with wind gusts close to 80mph.

Gp83
09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Report from North Corpus Christi is we got wind out of the North 15 MPH and a high risk of sunburn.

zebrablue2
09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Got blessed in Bellville. Have had 1-1/2 inches of rain. Winds were up to 60 in gusts. My backyard is full of downed limbs, but nothing large. At 6:30am the winds were 40mph with gusts to 50, but it has settled down as of 11am to a slow rain and very little wind. We were on the west side of the eye, about 60-70 miles. What a difference compared to being on the east side. God bless and be with the folks who got hit hard...

c-town_balla
09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I've been looking at radars and what have you....water is STILL getting pushed up the Sabine/Neches Rivers. So Bridge City and Orange are in for some more flooding. Which really sucks