PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap!!

IHStangFan
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
is anyone watching the weather channel? did anyone just see that guy get blown across the yard like a napkin? luckily he ran into something a few feet from where he was standing that stopped him. WOW!

44INAROW
09-13-2008, 01:19 AM
lil44's girlfriend just texted him - (she lives in Clear Creek/League City) they are in Alvin at her grandmothers brick home and she said it's "pretty high" (I have no idea if anything in that area is HIGH ENOUGH)- she said the front of the house is laying in the front yard now! Power keeps going out but comes back on. I sure wish they'd of come to Cuero but her parents work at NASA and stayed there to get things secure and I guess it was too late to leave so they just went to Alvin. Plus, they got caught up in the Hurricane Rita evacuation in 2005 (49 hours to get to Austin and didn't even get rain at their house) and I think they were scared that would happen again. The scary part about this storm now is that it's pitch dark.......

I am watching the Weather Channel now - the guy said he's personally measured 100+ gusts of wind and the "eye" hasn't even hit yet!
I am so glad you'll left when you did!!!

zebrablue2
09-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
is anyone watching the weather channel? did anyone just see that guy get blown across the yard like a napkin? luckily he ran into something a few feet from where he was standing that stopped him. WOW!

thats why those dudes make the big $$$$$'s.. at least they better be making them. no way you could get me to stand out in that storm--no way... well maybe for a million dollars I would--LOL.

SWMustang
09-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Just lost power at 4.15. Wind is pretty amazing. No danger of flooding but that wind is gonna mess some stuff up