PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville--Cameron

dab
09-09-2003, 09:03 AM
This new rivalry has seen some good games over the past few years. The two teams split in 2002 with Cameron winning the bi-district game in overtime.

The Yoemen are without Billy Pittman this year.

How will this game turn out?
I'll take Gatesville, because Thayer is unstoppable. The Hornets will be ready to go after last week's loss to Burnet.

What do you think????

HotDawg89
09-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Thayer is not unstopable. I am quite sure I misspelled that... anyway he is a major talent, and very impressive. Stronger than an ox...but he is not unstopable. Burnet managed to keep him down the first half. Cameron is going to have to have a super strong D-line to hold him though. We did well until Saldivar was taken out by Gatesville. I think it could go either way, but it really is going to depend HUGELY on the strength of Cameron's D-line. If they have even one weak link on that line it's over. Thayer will walk right through them or carry them over the line with him. Does ANYONE know if Thayer has any offers yet? He is a monstor on the field- watch out Cameron!

theyoefnshow
09-09-2003, 08:49 PM
yah well if you say "all they have to do is plug the d line" then we're (cameron) is screwed. The tackling @ the Bellville game was 100 times better than the China Spring game but the dline has got to tighten up ESPECIALLY against 1)Thayer 2)a pissed off Gatesville team (Burnet) and 3)a home crowd IN Gatesville. Hate to say it....but I think the see saw between Cameron and Gatesville will continue. It's been Gatesville Cameron Gatesville Cameron and now it's time for Gatesville IF the pattern holds true....guess we'll see in a few days.

dab
09-10-2003, 08:49 AM
OK you are right. I won't say that Thayer is unstoppable, but he rarely goes down on first contact. I am sure secondary players that have tackled him got all they wanted.

THe Gville/Cameron see saw could play two more games again this year. We could meet in the bi-district round unless Caldwell does well.

beefy
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I've got my gripes about the gatesville db tactics, those hornets are too much for Cameron. Gatesville by 21.

HotDawg89
09-10-2003, 02:29 PM
beefy, I agree.