PDA

View Full Version : West 19 Groesbeck 13 - Final

trojan37
09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
One heck of a Homecoming game, for me any way. I went to my 20 year reunion, and watched a stifling West defense not allow Groesbeck any ground in the first half. Early in the first West went up 6 - 0 on a short run, but a mishandled snap stymied the xtra point attempt, and West held the 6-0 lead at the half. Groesbeck came out firing in the second half, and with their pass attack they were able to get some receivers behind our db's and take the lead 7-6. West fires right back and drives down the field to go up 12-7 and go for 2 and that attempt failed. Groesbeck marches back down in the 4th and scores again and missed the xp to take a 13-12 lead. Late in the game West had a 4th and 3 deep in Groesbeck territory and lined up for the field goal which I was worried about. After a time out they come and line up to go for it!:eek: Our qb rolls to the right and hits our 6'4" tight end in the corner of the end zone and we hit the xp for a 19-13 lead with under 2 minutes left. This is where I don't understand our coaching. We try a squib kick which they pick up and return a shor way and have the ball at about midfield with about 1:50 remaining. Anyway, the defense stiffens up and facing a 4th and long with about 35 seconds remaing we get a sack and win the game. Whew!:D

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
I just now saw this thread. Congrats - it sounds like it was an exciting game! :)