PDA

View Full Version : Hello All....Coming to you live from..

IHStangFan
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
San Saba, TX tonight. We orig. ran to our farm in Bedias, TX between Madisonville and Navasota. From there we decided w/ the track of the storm, the lack of a structure w/ a concrete foundation in conjunction w/ the very outreaching high winds, we needed to run further. We stopped driving in San Saba. We STILL had trouble getting a room this far out. Hope I can find a game to listen to tonight.

44INAROW
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
http://www2.umhb.edu/sportsinfo/streaming/default.htm

not sure about high school, but here's a former Gobbler's game right now to listen too........... Be safe and glad you found a room........:)

IHStangFan
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
hey 44, thanks..always looking out for people it seems. We're settled in w/ the TV on the weather channel. Still gonna try to find a game, LOL. Is Brownwood playing at home tonight? It's just about 50 miles up the road.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
hey 44, thanks..always looking out for people it seems. We're settled in w/ the TV on the weather channel. Still gonna try to find a game, LOL. Is Brownwood playing at home tonight? It's just about 50 miles up the road. Yes, the game is at Brownwood. Glad you made it to safety!

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Glad you're safe and out of the eye of IKE.

IHStangFan
09-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone. We are out of harms way, but it is looking like our home is not. We live on the Fort Bend Co. and Brazoria Co. line about 40 miles inland, and unfortunately it appears Ike is gonna roll right over our house. Even worse...where we had orig. run to, our farm, looks like it's going to get at least 60mph winds also and according to the weather channel, a large portion of the rain...at last report up to 12" So much for the new barn we just built. On top of it all....Ike robbed me of my Needville/La Grange matchup...MAN I don't know what to think. DAMN YOU IKE!! :mad:

STANG RED
09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Thanks everyone. We are out of harms way, but it is looking like our home is not. We live on the Fort Bend Co. and Brazoria Co. line about 40 miles inland, and unfortunately it appears Ike is gonna roll right over our house. Even worse...where we had orig. run to, our farm, looks like it's going to get at least 60mph winds also and according to the weather channel, a large portion of the rain...at last report up to 12" So much for the new barn we just built. On top of it all....Ike robbed me of my Needville/La Grange matchup...MAN I don't know what to think. DAMN YOU IKE!! :mad:

Best of luck on your property. But it can be replaced. At least your out of harms way it appears. Good move deciding to get farther inland IMO.

R4Editor
09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
good luck

IHStangFan
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
We ended up being some of the most lucky people in the area it appears. Ike took a slight turn...this turn was just enough evidently to put us on the "clean" side of the storm. We came home to minimal damage, (lots of branches, leaves and other foliage down) although a few trees had to be cut out of the road etc. , minimal water standing, i.e. the yard is soggy, but no water in the house, etc. The kicker....there are about 5 houses on my street as we're out in a rural area. One of my neighbors happens to be a lineman w/ Centerpoint Energy...so we came home to electricity. The only thing I really had to do (besides the cleanup we're doing of branches, etc.) was prime my well as I had shut power off to the house in hopes of avoiding electrical fires if things got REAL bad. All in all, we dodged a bullet I think.

Old Dog
09-15-2008, 09:01 PM
IHStangFan, great to hear that all turned out as good as it did! You pulled off a near miracle it seems..............great. Things won't be the same around big H for a long time to come. Hope your job is not affected too much either. God bless you and yours.

IHStangFan
09-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
IHStangFan, great to hear that all turned out as good as it did! You pulled off a near miracle it seems..............great. Things won't be the same around big H for a long time to come. Hope your job is not affected too much either. God bless you and yours. Hey OD, thank you very much. Still waiting to hear when I can go back to work. Again, thank you.