PDA

View Full Version : As You Gather Tonight

kepdawg
09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
As you gather tonight at football stadiums all across the state please keep in mind those in the path of hurricane Ike as well as those that have been affected by unrelated flooding in west Texas. The latest projections indicate that the situation could get very bad for our friends in Orange and the surrounding areas as well as those areas further down the coast towards Galveston. I love football but at times we need to realize that there are many things in life much more important than football. We may not always understand or agree with the decisions city or school officials make regarding athletic events but please remember these people have the safety and best interest of their citizens, students, and fans in mind. Some times it is better to be safe than sorry. I will never understand how someone can evacuate and return to an undamaged house and proceed to complain about the evacuation. It is much better to evacuate having not needed to than to experience the alternative. Most of you are aware that I grew up in southeast Texas and I still have many friends in the area. I did not live on the coast but both of the houses I grew up in received extensive damage from hurricane Rita. My heart breaks now in anticipation of the possible damage so many of my friends and others are facing. I am sure many of you have family and friends in the area as well. So as you gather tonight please keep these people in mind. Good luck to everyone! Be safe! God Bless!

Corn Cob
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Amen, brother!

tex_male
09-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I was living in Sugar Land in 2005 when Rita came through. I was living in Victoria in the late 90's when some systems moved through that area. I am glad that I transfered back to West Texas. It is a big mess trying to get out of those areas.

WildTexan972
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
As we gather tonight, remember to check after your game how bad Celina won......AGAIN.....

firstdown
09-12-2008, 03:12 PM
For anyone coming to the Argyle-Vernon game tonight we have a supply drive for can goods, water, etc...that has been organized by one of our students for the Hurricane relief. If you think about it and want to participate just drop the stuff off at the container up front.

Good luck to ALL tonight.

piratebg
09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
As we gather tonight, remember to check after your game how bad Celina won......AGAIN.....

Stay classy :rolleyes:

piratebg
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
As you gather tonight at football stadiums all across the state please keep in mind those in the path of hurricane Ike as well as those that have been affected by unrelated flooding in west Texas. The latest projections indicate that the situation could get very bad for our friends in Orange and the surrounding areas as well as those areas further down the coast towards Galveston. I love football but at times we need to realize that there are many things in life much more important than football. We may not always understand or agree with the decisions city or school officials make regarding athletic events but please remember these people have the safety and best interest of their citizens, students, and fans in mind. Some times it is better to be safe than sorry. I will never understand how someone can evacuate and return to an undamaged house and proceed to complain about the evacuation. It is much better to evacuate having not needed to than to experience the alternative. Most of you are aware that I grew up in southeast Texas and I still have many friends in the area. I did not live on the coast but both of the houses I grew up in received extensive damage from hurricane Rita. My heart breaks now in anticipation of the possible damage so many of my friends and others are facing. I am sure many of you have family and friends in the area as well. So as you gather tonight please keep these people in mind. Good luck to everyone! Be safe! God Bless!

Great post Kep. :clap: :clap: :clap:

carter08
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM

I'll remember that while Ike rips my hometown to shreds.

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Very classy :rolleyes:

Maroon87
09-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Maybe you should get off of the computer and climb back on top of your sister.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM

aFor all the great and fun Celina fans...THIS ONE RIGHT HERE is an expample of the Celina fan we HATE

waterboy
09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Good post, Kep. I'll be praying for ALL those people in the path of IKE. The weather men say it's gonna get rough, even for us in East Texas on a much smaller scale. This is one time I pray they ARE wrong, for the sake of ALL of us Texans.

WOSgrad
09-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Usually, I would be gearing up for tonight's games which are always filled with excitement and enjoyment.

But today, I am sitting in my home in Katy, gearing up for an event that, while equally exciting, will be by no means enjoyable. Right now, there is only a gentle breeze and the only evidence of the impending storm is the noticable darkening of the southern sky.

Of course, there are those photos of the local news which show the waves from the Gulf overlapping a 15 foot seawall in Galveston. And the reports which show flooding from the storm surge from Surfside Beach, Kemah and Nassau Bay. And then there are the phone calls from the Triangle which tell of rising water in Port Arthur, Bridge City and Orange.

I am far enough west and north of Galveston that we will avoid the surge and that the winds will not be as bad (although still hurricane strength) as the Category 2 winds that will be on the beaches of the coast. So I will sit tight and wait and pray for those who decided not to leave those areas which will (and now are) experience deadly flooding. They will undoubtedly lose their homes and some will probably lose their lives.

tigerchick_2013
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Great post, Snyder will keep all affected by Ike in our prayers.:cool:

DDBooger
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Usually, I would be gearing up for tonight's games which are always filled with excitement and enjoyment.

But today, I am sitting in my home in Katy, gearing up for an event that, while equally exciting, will be by no means enjoyable. Right now, there is only a gentle breeze and the only evidence of the impending storm is the noticable darkening of the southern sky.

Of course, there are those photos of the local news which show the waves from the Gulf overlapping a 15 foot seawall in Galveston. And the reports which show flooding from the storm surge from Surfside Beach, Kemah and Nassau Bay. And then there are the phone calls from the Triangle which tell of rising water in Port Arthur, Bridge City and Orange.

I am far enough west and north of Galveston that we will avoid the surge and that the winds will not be as bad (although still hurricane strength) as the Category 2 winds that will be on the beaches of the coast. So I will sit tight and wait and pray for those who decided not to leave those areas which will (and now are) experience deadly flooding. They will undoubtedly lose their homes and some will probably lose their lives.
my brother is in Katy too, he is staying as well. Stay safe.

WOSgrad
09-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
my brother is in Katy too, he is staying as well. Stay safe.

DD, right now all is well here. In fact, there has been nary a breeze over here, but it's coming.

WOSgrad
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM

WildTexan, I certainly hope I am able tonight to check to see how Celina did.

STANG RED
09-12-2008, 05:34 PM

:doh: :rolleyes:

Do you smell like a douche bag as well?:mad:

I'll be praying for all you coastal folks, and hoping you come through this as unaffected as possible. God Bless you all!

WOSgrad
09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Still no heavy sustained winds, some close to tropical storm gusts over here. Galveston is getting killed.

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 06:11 PM

A perfect example of immaturity. Shame on you.

Kep - a very well written post and great reminder for us all.
Thank you.

44INAROW
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM

:hand: :hand:

DDBooger
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
As we gather tonight, remember to check after your game how bad Celina won......AGAIN..... :thinking:

IHStangFan
09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
As we gather tonight, remember to check after your game how bad Celina won......AGAIN..... ....swing batta swing!!! SWING AND A MISS!!! BOOOOOO!!!!

Maroon87
09-12-2008, 10:42 PM

How'd that work out for ya?

IHStangFan
09-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
How'd that work out for ya? Amen.....If I get banned for saying this...so be it...but I love it when a braggart/blowhard gets his boot shoved so far down his throat he's crappin kiwi. Sure shuts em up....usually.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Amen.....If I get banned for saying this...so be it...but I love it when a braggart/blowhard gets his boot shoved so far down his throat he's crappin kiwi. Sure shuts em up....usually.
Don't know why you think you'd get banned for that. :p (ROFL)

piratebg
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Amen.....If I get banned for saying this...so be it...but I love it when a braggart/blowhard gets his boot shoved so far down his throat he's crappin kiwi. Sure shuts em up....usually.

I think most of us if not all of us share the same opinion. This was a great thread started with nothing but good intentions and now because of one person the message has been lost. I hope he/she is happy.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I think most of us if not all of us share the same opinion. This was a great thread started with nothing but good intentions and now because of one person the message has been lost. I hope he/she is happy.
I totally agree!

I hope all in the path are safe!

STANG RED
09-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

I doubt we'll even see the little toad back on here again. At least I hope not.:mad:

Bull Butter
09-13-2008, 12:29 AM

My sincere wish is that you could trade places with one of the potential victims of Hurricane Ike. I will hope and pray tonight that you could suffer some of the danger these people are about to face. After it's over, 3ADownlow will be a better place:)

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
My sincere wish is that you could trade places with one of the potential victims of Hurricane Ike. I will hope and pray tonight that you could suffer some of the danger these people are about to face. After it's over, 3ADownlow will be a better place:)
I took his post to heed......still haven't been able to find out. :thinking:

IHStangFan
09-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I doubt we'll even see the little toad back on here again. At least I hope not.:mad: yup.....probably be lookin through the members page in 2012 and see that name and think "why does that ring a bell....last log on was in 2008...hmmm.." :D

44INAROW
09-13-2008, 03:50 PM

wonder why there is no "insightful" comments from WildTexan on this thread??:doh: :confused: