PDA

View Full Version : Question - Cameron vs Lexington

Milk That Cow
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I know in the Giddings/Lexington area it wasn't bumper to bumper...

Anybody in Cameron care to elaborate?

http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/09/11/waco_high_valley_mills_set_ear.html

"As Texas high school football programs continue to move out of the way of Hurricane Ike, Cameron’s game at Lexington tonight has been canceled because of bumper-to-bumper traffic both on State Highway 36 and U.S. Highway 77."

cameron91
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
from what I heard Cameron cancelled the game . :( ..Lexington wanted to play this game , they even offered to come to Cameron.I look at it like this Waco Connally went to Caldwell and Marlin and Rockdale played. so hwy 77 and 36 was used for these schools .so why Cameron didn't want to play is the question of the day.But I know their is a Buff fan out their can tell you why..:D

Dogman_1969
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Roads must have not been too bad. Saw a Yoeman on the Rockdale side last night along with a few cheerleaders from Cameron. Also heard from some Yoe folks that they were wondering why not play other than the fear of a Lexington team that beat Mart in week 1.....

May god be with those in the storms path and those on the road trying to aviod it.

Dogman..................

nunya
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
from what I heard Cameron cancelled the game . :( ..Lexington wanted to play this game , they even offered to come to Cameron.I look at it like this Waco Connally went to Caldwell and Marlin and Rockdale played. so hwy 77 and 36 was used for these schools .so why Cameron didn't want to play is the question of the day.But I know their is a Buff fan out their can tell you why..:D

Maybe Cameron was skeered.

rockdale80
09-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I doubt Cameron is scared of anyone. They may not win, but they will play.

cgaceb
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I know for a fact that Lexington offered to go to Cameron and Cameron declined the offer. So you can assume whatever you want to assume.

rockdale80
09-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by cgaceb
I know for a fact that Lexington offered to go to Cameron and Cameron declined the offer. So you can assume whatever you want to assume.

Why would Cameron be scared of anyone? I am sure they had their reasons, but I doubt any of them include Cameron being scared.

buff4life
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
when you have a 2A school offering to come to your backyard instead of you having to go on the road to play them in their backyard and you say no??

I'm not sure what kind of reasons you can come up with besides they didn't want to play a 2A school which translates into fear

c-town_balla
09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
when you have a 2A school offering to come to your backyard instead of you having to go on the road to play them in their backyard and you say no??

I'm not sure what kind of reasons you can come up with besides they didn't want to play a 2A school which translates into fear \

wow. I seriously doubt our coach made the choice to cancel.

c-town_balla
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
AND.....Lexington didn't want to come to Cameron.

nunya
09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla

Wow, never thought I'd see the day when Cameron refused to play a 2A school.

:1omg!:

buff4life
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM

you positive about that?

c-town_balla
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Well its from a good of a source as I can get not being in Cameron

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 07:26 PM
no solid response but has anyone considered that in all reality, this is a nothing game for both teams? Neither has anything to really gain but an extra week to regroup from nagging injuries. And Nunya, Caldwell has scheduled very weak 2A teams for years and years. Don't even start with the "OMG" crap. Lexington has been a power for the last few years and if they ran roughshod on Mart, they aren't as weak as they were thought to be in week 1. The Giddings guy who always has somethin to say is obviously bitter since Cameron seems to get the best of them more often then not. My personal favorite being when Giddings blew a 20-0 halftime lead.

buff4life
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
does living in the past make you feel better?

and if that was the case, why would they lie and say traffic was too bad?

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Why bash Cameron (or Lexington) for making a consevative decision based on safety issues for a non-district game? None of us were in the discussions or decision making meetings. We don't have any of the facts.

From what I know of both Cameron and Lexington coaches and players, they are not teams to back off and not play.

If it was a decision related to traffic on 77 and 36, remember the roads with Hurricane Rita. If non-essential traffic can be eliminated...all the better for the evacuation...

This is much ado about nothing without all the facts and then it still a cancelled non-district game.

nunya
09-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
no solid response but has anyone considered that in all reality, this is a nothing game for both teams? Neither has anything to really gain but an extra week to regroup from nagging injuries. And Nunya, Caldwell has scheduled very weak 2A teams for years and years. Don't even start with the "OMG" crap. Lexington has been a power for the last few years and if they ran roughshod on Mart, they aren't as weak as they were thought to be in week 1. The Giddings guy who always has somethin to say is obviously bitter since Cameron seems to get the best of them more often then not. My personal favorite being when Giddings blew a 20-0 halftime lead.

Excuse me?
The only 2A schools of late that Caldwell has played include (cough) LEXINGTON (and we didn't run from them, we beat them), Schulenburg (I think we both know their reputation) and Hearne (who made it to the fourth round of the 2A playoffs the same year we beat them by several TDs.

Now go play Rogers!

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Excuse me?
The only 2A schools of late that Caldwell has played include (cough) LEXINGTON (and we didn't run from them, we beat them), Schulenburg (I think we both know their reputation) and Hearne (who made it to the fourth round of the 2A playoffs the same year we beat them by several TDs.

Now go play Rogers!
Your disdain for Cameron (in addition to Giddings) didn't take long to come out.

nunya
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Your disdain for Cameron (in addition to Giddings) didn't take long to come out.

Play them a few years. You'll understand completely.

c-town_balla
09-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Excuse me?

Now go play Rogers!

yeah we beat Lexinton as well...but hey enjoy your routine multiyear playoff droughts....I'm sure thats enjoyable

nunya
09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah we beat Lexinton as well...but hey enjoy your routine multiyear playoff droughts....I'm sure thats enjoyable

Playoffs lately in 1999, 2003, 2004, 2007... Yea, that's a horrible drought.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 09:00 PM

Actually, the first meeting of LH and Cameron was damned entertaining I thought.

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
With a hurricane bearing down on Texas this might be one of the most asinine threads ever

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
With a hurricane bearing down on Texas this might be one of the most asinine threads ever
It ranks close to the top, for sure. :doh:

cameron91
09-12-2008, 09:11 PM
it's friday ..their is nothin else to do.. i still like Ball Park Hott Dawgs with Mustard and Onions..

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
asinine! Yeah maybe. Sorry. I'm bummed. No Yoe game. No Longhorns. No Cowboys until Monday night. Sorry if I'm grumpy. lol

Milk That Cow
09-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I don't think there is anything asinine about it...

This is a Football Board, not a Weather or Hurricane Board...

Folks need things like Football to help take their minds of bad things that are happening around them...

CenTexSports
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I have tried to tell you that if you REALLY love football join TASO. I called 4 games Wednesday and a 5A game last night. I am footballed out for this week.

buff4life
09-12-2008, 09:51 PM

why don't you ask her? we've played them twice now...

are you that weirdo from paige???

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I don't think there is anything asinine about it...

This is a Football Board, not a Weather or Hurricane Board...

Folks need things like Football to help take their minds of bad things that are happening around them...

Talking Football is one thing..calling a school scared and basically saying they are using a hurricane to avoid playing a team IMO is asinine

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
why don't you ask her? we've played them twice now...

are you that weirdo from paige???
his posts do seem a bit familiar.....

buff4life
09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
hey its the weekend, easy with those big words for college students :D

buff4life
09-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
his posts do seem a bit familiar.....

they do...i can't seem to remember his screen name though

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 10:12 PM
they do...i can't seem to remember his screen name though

if i remember correctly, there were several.

buff4ever
09-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't know if nunya is a poster from the past or not, but he is a bad one; that is for sure.

I don't know what else to say about nunya, he puts nothing worth reading on any threads, not even on his teams own games; much less when he gets on other threads around the board.