PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Recruiting Coordinator

MN95
09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Celina 7th grade lost to DF 32-14 tonight.

Looks like we need to replace our Head Recruiter/Move In Coordinator for the 7th grade. Also, all of the kids on that team who's parents have been given jobs and free rent need to be run out of town immediately. This just won't be tolerated.

MN95
09-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Wanted: Head Recruiter/Move In Coordinator/7th Grade Class

Qualifications: Must be excellent at recognizing football talent, not necessarily athletic ability, in young players. Must be persuasive at getting them to move to a small community who's fan base are extremely arrogant, thin skinned, and don't believe other communities should even support their teams and think they have a chance to win against them. A high commit rate is a must because everyone knows the only reason this team is any good is because of their recruiting and move ins. Money is no object. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable with the number 8, but willing to change to the number 9 sometime in December 2008, unless we play Liberty Hill again, because lord knows they own us now based on their last second field goal win in 2006. Finally, must be willing to convert 90% of current wardrobe to the color orange.

Please forward resume and references confidentially to Butch Ford, Celina Athletic Department, Celina High School, Celina Texas.

kepdawg
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Celina 7th grade lost to DF 32-14 tonight.

Looks like we need to replace our Head Recruiter/Move In Coordinator for the 7th grade. Also, all of the kids on that team who's parents have been given jobs and free rent need to be run out of town immediately. This just won't be tolerated.

Hey! I'm good friends with the head recruiter! He's getting up there in age but I think overall he's doing a fine job! He's like Joe Pa! He'll leave when he wants to!

CelinaProud
09-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Wanted: Head Recruiter/Move In Coordinator/7th Grade Class

Qualifications: Must be excellent at recognizing football talent, not necessarily athletic ability, in young players. Must be persuasive at getting them to move to a small community who's fan base are extremely arrogant, thin skinned, and don't believe other communities should even support their teams and think they have a chance to win against them. A high commit rate is a must because everyone knows the only reason this team is any good is because of their recruiting and move ins. Money is no object. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable with the number 8, but willing to change to the number 9 sometime in December 2008, unless we play Liberty Hill again, because lord knows they own us now based on their last second field goal win in 2006. Finally, must be willing to convert 90% of current wardrobe to the color orange.

Please forward resume and references confidentially to Butch Ford, Celina Athletic Department, Celina High School, Celina Texas.

Okay, I'll type it again!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old Tiger
09-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Hey! I'm good friends with the head recruiter! He's getting up there in age but I think overall he's doing a fine job! He's like Joe Pa! He'll leave when he wants to! where are all the kids with marijuna, assaulting people, and break-&-entering?!?!?!?

ILS1
09-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
where are all the kids with marijuna, assaulting people, and break-&-entering?!?!?!?

Pilot Point???

:D :D :D

Looking4number8
09-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I recomend you call Early ISD. There new recruiter is doing an excelent job and he has to wear purple every day... Orange is bad enough but bright purple... I sure you can recruit him to recruit for you.

VWG
09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
This post made my morning.... good stuff.
:)

rholl
09-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Holy smokes..the world has truly started spinning backwards....did someone from Brownwood just complain that Early recruits??????

Black_Magic
09-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by rholl
Holy smokes..the world has truly started spinning backwards....did someone from Brownwood just complain that Early recruits?????? Yep.. they sure did.. Hell has just frozen over and the Devil is dead!!

WildTexan972
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
where are all the kids with marijuna, assaulting people, and break-&-entering?!?!?!?

all those types kids play in Austin and get a minor hand slap when they get caught....

Rocket
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by rholl
Holy smokes..the world has truly started spinning backwards....did someone from Brownwood just complain that Early recruits??????

It's a joke on here that early is taking all of our good players. Why in the HECk would anybody want to play for Early instead of Brownwood. Early gets our kids that can't behave, thats about it.

gatordaze
09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
We should keep the current guy! He can't be expected to fill each Junior High class. We tend to have a fine blend once you get them into High School. This year 8th and 10th grade classes are the cream with a few really good potential players in 7th and 9th. Coach Elliot's son is growing into a BEAST. He is a 6th grader. The future is bright!

Black_Magic
09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
It's a joke on here that early is taking all of our good players. Why in the HECk would anybody want to play for Early instead of Brownwood. Early gets our kids that can't behave, thats about it. Really!!! Everyone knows that Early is just a place full of thugs...:rolleyes: good thing Bwood has Early next door to unload all the trash..:rolleyes:

nobogey72
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
It's a joke on here that early is taking all of our good players. Why in the HECk would anybody want to play for Early instead of Brownwood. Early gets our kids that can't behave, thats about it. That would explain their record vs yours that past few years. :rolleyes: Oh, ...... I forgot..... Yaw'll used to be really good at football way back there. My bad.:D I think that the main reason Brownwood loses so many good players is directly related to their weak offseason program. I hear that when football is over (usually week 10) that the Brownwood kids don't hardly break a sweat till 2 a days. :D

Old Tiger
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
all those types kids play in Austin and get a minor hand slap when they get caught.... it was actually a shot at joe pa and penn st. ;)

coachkiss
09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Remember, it's not so much how one individual class performs. If you have three strong classes out of 4, you can do some good.

In fact, one player from one class can make a huge difference.

There are a few difference makers in the 7th grade class. However, they are playing by themselves. Combine them with the 8th grade in a few years, and you will have a couple of kids from the 7th grade that will start.

When we played Liberty Hill a few years ago, the senior class provided Blatnick, Prosser, and Ramer. That was about it (I might be missing somebody).

MN95
09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't think this is necessary, but just in case.....I was in no way trying to disparage our 7th grade boys. Just utilizing satire to illustrate the perception many have of the Celina faithful.

WildTexan972
09-12-2008, 03:14 PM
why would any of us care what "many" think?

until they have walked in our shoes (to 8 trophy presentations) they can not condemn us........