PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ocho Cinco

BTownVBall3
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/It-ll-cost-mucho-dinero-for-Chad-Ochocinco-to-sw?urn=nfl,106605

This is so stupid

Emerson1
09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Why is it stupid? Why should Reebok have to lose $4mil in profits?

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
actually i think it'll change before then without him paying....cause there is an NFL rule that states the players lawful name must be on the back of the jersey so technically having johnson on the back of his jersey is breaking the NFL's rule. Ocho Cinco's agent said this the other day on ESPN.....

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
DON'T BACK DOWN REEBOK! Stand up to this vagrant and make him pay for every single jersey!

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

do they make teams pay when that team releases or tradesaway players?

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I doubt it's $4mil in profits...more like $4mil in gross sales.

Anyway, they should change it to "Oso Stupid".

BTownVBall3
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Did Kobe Bryant have to do this when he changed his number for no reason?

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
actually i think it'll change before then without him paying....cause there is an NFL rule that states the players lawful name must be on the back of the jersey so technically having johnson on the back of his jersey is breaking the NFL's rule. Ocho Cinco's agent said this the other day on ESPN.....

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Did Kobe Bryant have to do this when he changed his number for no reason?

Kobe announced the change the year before he did it, so the company had time to prepare.

Johnson changed his name the week before the start of the season, after the jerseys for this year had already been printed.

I think Reebok would make more money by producing the "Ocho Cinco" jerseys anyway.

The #1 selling jersey this year is Brett Favre's Jets jersey. People like new stuff like that.

GreenGobbla
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
he shouldnt have to pay for anything. its his real last name, so thats what should be on the back of the jersey.

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
he shouldnt have to pay for anything. its his real last name, so thats what should be on the back of the jersey.

I think the reason that he's being asked to pay to change it is because of the way he handled the situation. He filed to have his name changed a month ago, and didn't inform the team that he was changing it until a couple of days before the start of the season. Perhaps if he had stated back when he filed for the change, it would have been accepted. But he's under contract with Reebok, so he has to honor that.

Pick6
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Didn't Keith Rivers have to pay Reebok $11000 for changing numbers late in the pre-seaon? The precident was already set before Johnson changed his last name.

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Didn't Keith Rivers have to pay Reebok $11000 for changing numbers late in the pre-seaon? The precident was already set before Johnson changed his last name.

Rivers didn't have nearly as many jerseys on the market as Johnson.

Pick6
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Rivers didn't have nearly as many jerseys on the market as Johnson.

I realize that, just showing that a precedent had been set already.

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I realize that, just showing that a precedent had been set already.

Yeah...I was just trying to add to it...if it cost Rivers that much for just a few jerseys...imagine how much it will cost for all of the Johnson jerseys.