PDA

View Full Version : DOES ANYBODY BESIDES THE YA YA'S HAVE A LIFE!!

pres. ya ya ya pinky
06-29-2003, 12:21 AM
IF I MAY BE SO BOLD, WE MUST ALL TRY TO STAY UP A LITTLE LONGER AT NIGHTS. COME ON, YOU'LL CAN DO IT! LOL :) :) :)

<small>[ June 29, 2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: pres. ya ya ya pinky ]</small>

Old Tiger
06-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Ha I'm up later :p

big daddy russ
06-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey YaYa... I party all night long, I'm just usually not at a computer until after 2:30. Sorry, I'd converse with you if I could. I think you guys from Bandera are cool as hell, but I'm usually running around until after 2.

Ranger Mom
06-29-2003, 10:53 PM
I have a life and I choose to spend the vast majority of it with my husband and 5 kids. BUT....when football season rolls around I have a hard time making myself go to bed on Friday nights (or actually early Saturday morning!) :D :D

sinton66
06-29-2003, 11:57 PM
We'll see how dedicated they are come football season. I sure remember some long nights! :D

exbccards76'smom
06-30-2003, 05:35 AM
I, like RangerMom, do have a life outside of the computer. But Football is in the air, and I have a hard time going to bed after the Friday Night game. :D

bearcat1
06-30-2003, 02:34 PM
I have a life. Hell I was up til 4am Saturday/Sunday. I just wasn't on the 'net.
bc

Phil C
06-30-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't know if I have a life by some definitions or not but I have some friends that think it is strange because I would rather go to a sporting event such as high school football, volleyball, basketball, softball or baseball games rather than going out (night clubbing and dancing I assume is what they mean lol). Actually that is the way I like my life but others tell me to get a life when I tell them I am going to a high school softball game. I guess my life is different from theirs. I can only say Why should I have been the lucky one. :)

Bandera YaYa
07-01-2003, 02:38 PM
...you and me would get along great, Phil C...we have our priorities right!! I'M raising my kids, not the community. :)

slpybear the bullfan
07-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Well,

I am up on most nights, and usually my wife and I don't get much more than 2 or 3 hours in a row. My new baby was diagnosed with Reflux and it is pretty rough on him.

When I AM up late it sure as heck isn't for the luxury of being on the down low.

slpybear

Rabbit'93
07-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Slpy is it the same kind that adults get? What do the Doctors say to do?

Not to take away from your little man, but my brother-in-law and his wife had their 2nd miscarriage yesterday. I thank God that I have my two every chance I get.

slpybear the bullfan
07-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Rabbit, thank you for asking.

He has Gastro Esophogeal Reflux, (GER). What happens is either his upper stomach valve is not quite developed as fast as his stomach, (6 weeks old), or, his two valves on his stomach are not coordinated with each other. When his stomach contracts, the top valve is left open so milk goes in both directions... down the chute and up out the mouth. As you can imagine, he isn't real happy about it.

The prognosis is that 90% grow out of it as their muscles and coordination mature. Medication helps with the symptoms until then. The other possibility is to surgically add a flap to make a "check valve" upstream of the stomach.

I am very sorry about the miscarriages with your brother in law. Trust me, I have two children and every day you can see God's greatness in them. I thank Him for them everyday.

Rabbit'93
07-04-2003, 08:54 AM
How do they determine when a procedure is necessary. I'm sure all will turn out fine.

<small>[ July 04, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
07-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Rabbit'93:
How do they determine when a procedure is necessary. I'm sure all will turn out fine.Well, they either make the upper valve smaller or sewn in a flap. To make the case for either of these treatments, the child has to be losing weight, choking consistently, or other serious symptoms.

Chris Hart
07-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Slpybear, My second son was diagnosed with the same thing at about 3 months, he was hospitalized when we became concerned over his tendency to gag and choke to the point of turning blue. He was hospitalized for about a week and treated with medicine, it was a VERY scary time. Since he was released from the hospital 8 years ago, he has never had a reoccurrance and is a perfectly healthy young boy. It was a great blessing of God. I will pray for your little guy and am sure the Lord will answer.

<small>[ July 04, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

PhiI C
07-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Hang in their Sly. They can do a lot of things with deseases today that they couldn't do even ten years ago. I know that from my recent surgery. I am sorry about your brother in law and sister too Rabbit. We are blessed with two but we lost five of them the same way and those were the five worst days of my life so far so I know what they went through.