PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas @ Navasota Rattlers - FSN DQ Big Game of the Week (merged)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2008, 10:22 PM
This game will be played in Navasota,@ the Rattlers new Field, Sept. 19th. This will be a tough test for the Brahmas, Bellville has looked very good in there 2 scrimages vs 4a Brenham, and Needville. The Brahmas come into the game 2-0 with wins over Caldwell , and 4a Livinston.
Navasota is one of the top teams in the state, and will have one of their best teams in years ready for thier 1st appearance on the DQ game of the week. Bellville is 1-1 on Fox Sports DQ games, with a win over Marlin, in Marlin, and 2 years back with a 7 point loss to a very good Giddings team, in Giddings. Bellville will have 2 weeks to get ready for this one. Bellville will come into this game the underdog. This sould turn out to be a very good game.

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
No question Navasota and there great running back are going to run over The Brahmas

nunya
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BIGHOG_sTx
No question Navasota and there great running back are going to run over The Brahmas

Typical Sealy rant praying Bellville will lose, if you ask me.

Bellville 34
Navasota 20

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Navasota 28
Bellville 17

Will be Navasota's biggest test to see how their run defense is until they meet Chris Whaley.

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Bellville is good but Navasota is better.

Sorry Brahmas, no upset in Navasota on September 19. Too much Pratt, Jackson, LaMascus, Stokes, Hildreth, Harris, Castillo, Jones, Hadley, Spriggs, King, and others..lol (J/k)

But in all seriousness, everyone is already hyped for this game. There is just one lil problem, we have a game tomorrow against Hearne. After that, the trash talking begins. NOT!! The town is ready and the teams knows that they will have to bring it anytime they play the Brahmas. I know that the the Brahmas and their fans are excited and surprise at how well they are playing. After the Rattlers thump the Brahmas, they will come back to reality. It will be a close early, but the second half belongs to the Rattlers!

Prepare for the Sea of Blue!!!!

Navasota 28
Bellville 14

Go Snakes!

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Navasota 28
Bellville 17

Will be Bellville's biggest test to see how their run defense is until they meet Chris Whaley.

That could only happen in the R3/R4 semi-final game. Are you saying Bellville will win R4 and meet R3 winner Madisonville?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sorry Brahmas, no upset in Navasota on September 19. After the Rattlers thump the Brahmas, they will come back to reality.

Keep the locker room billboard stuff coming. Bellville has many 11th graders playing, Navsota is a heavy sr class, they sould be better, but the rattlers will not "thump" the young Brahmas they might win, but the Rattlers will know they played a very good team, heck, the Brahmas might just get lucky and get the upset?

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
That could only happen in the R3/R4 semi-final game. Are you saying Bellville will win R4 and meet R3 winner Madisonville? Crap meant to say Navasota.

It will be navasota's biggest test

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Keep the locker room billboard stuff coming. Bellville has many 11th graders playing, Navsota is a heavy sr class, they sould be better, but the rattlers will not "thump" the young Brahmas they might win, but the Rattlers will know they played a very good team, heck, the Brahmas might just get lucky and get the upset?

Navasota is going to lay the wood on Bellville. Just you wait and see. The Rattlers are dangerous! The D is getting better and better. And, Bellville will not be able completely shut Navasota down. Play the run, and Stokes passes for 400 yards on you. Play the pass and Pratt runs over you.
And no, the are not senior heavy....There are alot of juniors on the team as well as a few sophomores who are starters.

Gosh, this is going to be fun. We have over a whole week to talk trash to each other. Too bad this is not a district game.

Hey, do you know if the Red Mustache will be at the game? It was good seeing him in Lufkin sitting on Navasota's player benches.

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BIGHOG_sTx

You might want to worry about Foster and let Bellville worry about Pratt. IMO, Navasota's QB Stokes has given Bellville fits with his ability to scramble and keep the play alive, especially on third down.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry Brahmas, no upset in Navasota on September 19. I know that the the Brahmas and their fans are excited and surprise at how well they are playing. After the Rattlers thump the Brahmas, they will come back to reality.

Bellville will clearly be a 2 td underdog. We know we can get beat, and we also could slip up and win this game, win or lose we will be ready for a tough District. You say " come back to reality" and you are the one that said the Rattlers will "thump" the Brahmas? Lets all hope for no key injuries in this game!

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Navasota is going to lay the wood on Bellville. Just you wait and see. The Rattlers are dangerous! The D is getting better and better. And, Bellville will not be able completely shut Navasota down. Play the run, and Stokes passes for 400 yards on you.

Gosh, this is going to be fun. We have over a whole week to talk trash to each other. Too bad this is not a district game.

Hey, do you know if the Red Mustache will be at the game? It was good seeing him in Lufkin sitting on Navasota's player benches.

In all honesty, Bellville has looked very good in their 2 scrimmages and their first 2 games. The scary part is that they really haven't played a full 4 Qtr's of good football. I will be very curious to see how their new defense will due against that potent Rattler attack, but I'm just as curious to see how the Navasota defense will handle Nunn & company. You're right this will be fun and for the primary reason that it's a game between 2 good football teams. I'm not much into trash talking and I have the upmost respect for the Rattlers, but don't kid yourself and think the Brahmas won't give the Rattlers all they can handle.

Yes, Mr. Red Mustache should be on the Navasota sidelines. I felt sorry for him 2 years ago. He talked plenty of trash and told me Navasota would "lay the wood" on Bellville. The Brahmas won that game 49-14, but I'm expecting a game more like that classic 2004 thriller.

navscanmaster
09-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Bellville will clearly be a 2 td underdog. We know we can get beat, and we also could slip up and win this game, win or lose we will be ready for a tough District. You say " come back to reality" and you are the one that said the Rattlers will "thump" the Brahmas? Lets all hope for no key injuries in this game!

I know that is meant for HEMOTOXIC, but.................

Are you trying to make us look ahead this far? We both have a hurricane that is forecast to come right up SH 36 right now, and we will in all likelyhood have bigger things to worry about this week. Flooding is a real threat since we have a large creek running to a river 2 miles out of downtown here in Navasota. Rattler Stadium could be damaged, lots of possibilities. I am just as excited about the matchup as anybody, but right now I am thinking about Hearne tomorrow and keeping my family safe Friday and through the weekend. Lets tone this thread down until after this weekend's games and weather, please.:)

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Good luck against Hearne, we want next week's game to be between 2 undefeated teams.

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2008, 11:59 PM
In all honesty, Bellville has looked very good in their 2 scrimmages and their first 2 games. The scary part is that they really haven't played a full 4 Qtr's of good football. I will be very curious to see how their new defense will due against that potent Rattler attack, but I'm just as curious to see how the Navasota defense will handle Nunn & company. You're right this will be fun and for the primary reason that it's a game between 2 good football teams. I'm not much into trash talking and I have the upmost respect for the Rattlers, but don't kid yourself and think the Brahmas won't give the Rattlers all they can handle.

Yes, Mr. Red Mustache should be on the Navasota sidelines. I felt sorry for him 2 years ago. He talked plenty of trash and told me Navasota would "lay the wood" on Bellville. The Brahmas won that game 49-14, but I'm expecting a game more like that classic 2004 thriller.

Naw, I know it will be close, thats the fun of it. I want to see a good ball game.

navscanmaster
09-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Good luck against Hearne, we want next week's game to be between 2 undefeated teams.

Ought to not be much of a problem there. I will be disappointed if the first team does not just annihilate them. 3A needs to make a statement to 2A after all these 2A whoopings 3A teams have gotten in the first two weeks. I am excited because they have some athletes in their secondary, meaning they may try to stop our air game, and DP will be licking his chops at a four man front.

HEMOTOXIC
09-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Are you trying to make us look ahead this far? We both have a hurricane that is forecast to come right up SH 36 right now, and we will in all likelyhood have bigger things to worry about this week. Flooding is a real threat since we have a large creek running to a river 2 miles out of downtown here in Navasota. Rattler Stadium could be damaged, lots of possibilities. I am just as excited about the matchup as anybody, but right now I am thinking about Hearne tomorrow and keeping my family safe Friday and through the weekend. Lets tone this thread down until after this weekend's games and weather, please.:)

Yes, I pray for the best in the upcoming days. Since I work in the ER, I will be forced to work starting Friday morning until someone relieves me/us. That could be Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, etc....We have to bring enough clothes for 7 days. Im going to purchase an air matress before reporting to work. Hopefully, Ike will not be that bad.

navscanmaster
09-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes, I pray for the best in the upcoming days. Since I work in the ER, I will be forced to work starting Friday morning until someone relieves me/us. That could be Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, etc....We have to bring enough clothes for 7 days. Im going to purchase an air matress before reporting to work. Hopefully, Ike will not be that bad.

It'll be bad. Just how bad remains to be seen.:(

Bull's-eye
09-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Forgive us Bellville fans, this open week has been very long. Looking forward to next week.

UPanIN
09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Bellville is always ready for the Rattlers.... as the Rattlers are for the Brahmas.

This will not be a easy win for either team and will be a great test for both.

If this game comes close to the "classic 2004 thriller" it'll be great for the fans. Just hope the outcome is the same.

The Rattlers need to be thinking of tonight though and not a week from now. Rattlers take care of what's in front of you now and tommorrow will come quick enough.

Rattlers 37
Brahmas 34

trg
09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
As always, I am pulling for the Bulls and will be there to cheer them on. I wish the best of luck for an injury-free game to both teams.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Many people coming through Bellville right now , and many have stopped @ the DQ. I guess they are getting ready for the DQ Big Game Of The Week!

garciap77
09-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Rattlers by 14!

brahmalife2
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM

how is the field gonna hold up during Ike???

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by brahmalife2
how is the field gonna hold up during Ike???

That what we are all waiting to see. They are forecasting some really high winds even here in Grimes County. The field should be fine being artificial. What we are worried about is how the score board, the stands, concession stand, etc will hold up. From my understanding, homecoming has been changed to the Bellville game. Combine that with the fact the the game is the DQ game of the week, this game will be over flowing.
I hope that everyone stays safe.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Visitor parking area may be a concern.

RattlerDude
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Bellville will probably put up a good fight just because they are Bellville. They always put a decent team on the field. Of course Navasota will come out on top. Not as easily as beating Palestine but far easier than Henderson. Navasota 42-17

Bull's-eye
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Bellville will probably put up a good fight just because they are Bellville. They always put a decent team on the field. Of course Navasota will come out on top. Not as easily as beating Palestine but far easier than Henderson. Navasota 42-17

:eek: :eek: Thanks for the bullentin board material! You may be in for a surprise come Friday. :wave:

zebrablue2
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Bellville 35- The Rattlers 20..

BIGHOG_sTx
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Bellville 35- The Rattlers 20..

No way Rattlers 28 Bellville 14

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Shoot! What to do? What to do? It's our off week. LH vs. Brownwood or the DQ game of the week.

Yep...DQ wins out. LH will win without my presence, big mouth and big bell. :)

The Bellville - Navasota game will be a good one. I'm anxious to see the Bellville defense go up against the Rattler offense. It will be a great Friday night game.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Shoot! What to do? What to do? It's our off week. LH vs. Brownwood or the DQ game of the week.

Yep...DQ wins out. LH will win without my presence, big mouth and big bell. :)

Aw, dang it! I was hoping you'd be able to make it, but I don't know that I blame you. :)

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I think "Duck" wants to check out Navasota first hand. ;) But I will expect LH updates through out the game. :D

navscanmaster
09-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Navasota should win this game. They are better than last year on both offense and defense, and they beat the Brahmas at their own pasture last year, with a big halftime lead dwindling to 10. This game will be in Navasota, it is our homecoming. My heart tells me the Rattlers will win by 17. If that offends the Bellville faithful, well...........I guess it just does.

Gators17
09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Bellville takes early lead but Navasota has too much talent and comes out with the win.

Navasota- 37
Bellville- 14

bvillebrahma010
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Navasota should win this game. They are better than last year on both offense and defense, and they beat the Brahmas at their own pasture last year, with a big halftime lead dwindling to 10. This game will be in Navasota, it is our homecoming. My heart tells me the Rattlers will win by 17. If that offends the Bellville faithful, well...........I guess it just does.

Bellville also has a better team this year too! a lot better!! the thing is is that i guess you dont remember the last few years when bellville knocked pratt out of the game because the "d" was too rough on him. The biggest threat in my opinion is navasotas quarterback! btw, bellville doesnt only have just an awesome running back but a deadly wide receiver, QUICK F back and stud tight end rotating plays and filling in at muellers spot from last year! not to mention mueller has some wheels! nasty soda, you may be in for a big surprise!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Navasota should win this game. My heart tells me the Rattlers will win by 17. If that offends the Bellville faithful, well...........I guess it just does.

Offend Bellville faithful, no way this will be 2 very good teams and who ever loses this game still will be a better team than many others. Navasota will have the pressure on them, they are expected to win. If Bellville plays 4 quarters like they are able Navasota will be in for a big surprise. Just remember Bellville will be the underdog, no pressure. Maybe just a up-set.
One thing this will not be a cup cake sceduled game!

venomous tat2
09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
Bellville also has a better team this year too! a lot better!! the thing is is that i guess you dont remember the last few years when bellville knocked pratt out of the game because the "d" was too rough on him. The biggest threat in my opinion is navasotas quarterback! btw, bellville doesnt only have just an awesome running back but a deadly wide receiver, QUICK F back and stud tight end rotating plays and filling in at muellers spot from last year! not to mention mueller has some wheels! nasty soda, you may be in for a big surprise!!

I enjoy reading all the hype on here it's all funny to me , but get your story straight DP was injured before the BV game WE decided not to run him not your D . As for all the smak talking there might not be a game next week ya'll need to wait till Mon a lot will happen between now & Mon . Pray and stay safe , God bless you all hope to see you Fri .

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
As for all the smak talking there might not be a game next week

Most the smak is coming from Navasota posters, Bellville knows they are the underdog. The Brahmas are suposed to lose?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
get your story straight DP was injured before the BV game WE decided not to run him not your D .

He played in that game.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Let's get through this storm first and then we can talk about the "RED STORM" headed to Navasota. :D

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM

Yes, Mr. Pratt was hurt going into that game. But, we didn't make a big stink about it because we didn't want to hear the opposition saying that we were making excuses. Last years game was won by Stolkes, B. Jackson, and the defense. So, I guess you can say that the Rattlers came into the Pasture and beat the bulls without Pratt. Now, imagine this, Pratt is healthy, so is the player who Bellville has not had an answer for, Mr. Jacoby Stokes. In addition, B. Jackson, is showing why he is a division 1 player and the defense is looking a heck alot better from 2007. In addition, its homecoming, its the DQ game of the week, and the Rattlers will be playing in front of the Big Blue Wave. I like the Rattlers' chances in this one. Im not saying at all that Bellville is not going to give the Rattlers a dog fight. But, the Rattlers will win this one...And, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Rattlers won by 20+.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
He played in that game.

No one said that he didn't play. DP was injured prior to the game. He got limited touches. He stayed in the game as a decoy, for the first quarter, if that. And, it worked!...:D

venomous tat2
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
He played in that game.

A few plays that's all I think I should know . I didn't say who was talking smak and don't care one way or another but they should at least wait a few days .

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Here are some of the posts from the Bellville vs. Navasota game from 2007. Not that it makes a difference.

Navasota 28 Bellville 9, Half Time. Pratt only played 4 plays in the second half and that was with 2 minutes or so left in the game.

All right, got some stats from the game:
BELLVILLE
38 rushes - 236 yards
7/22 passes - 128 yards
Nunn - 23 carries - 162 yards
Conley - 6/20 passes - 71 yards
Mueller - 3 catches - 42 yards
NAVASOTA
33 rushes - 163 yards
17/25 passes - 270 yards
Stokes - 16/24 passes - 237 yards, 18 rushes 93 yards
Jackson - 7 catches - 145 yards

zebrablue2
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
A few plays that's all I think I should know . I didn't say who was talking smak and don't care one way or another but they should at least wait a few days .

good to see you posting V- tat2. had not heard from you in a while. always enjoy your posts... bellville is much improved over 2007. should be a classic high school football game. good luck to both teams and may they both play injury free...

bvillebrahma010
09-12-2008, 11:55 PM
i love being the underdog! its just gonna piss you ppl off that friday night about 11 oclock to know that ur precious snakeys lost!!

navscanmaster
09-13-2008, 02:36 PM
i love being the underdog! its just gonna piss you ppl off that friday night about 11 oclock to know that ur precious snakeys lost!!

If you want to go on thinking that, by all means, do. But lay off on the lingo and derogatory names. We don't need that kind of smack on this board.

BTW, power is still out in Navasota, and has been since 6 this morning. Lots of poles down, and tons more lines down and under fallen branches. Rattler Stadium looked okay when I saw it, but we will be doing a lot of cleaning up in the next few days. Hope this game still gets to be played.

Bulligator
09-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Here’s hoping that everyone made it through Ike safely. The smack by some posters needs to be toned down. It’s eerily still in Austin County right now after all the wind and needed rain the past 24 hours. I hope the folks in Navasota get their power back on and are able to resume their normal schedules. What worries me is all the people in the Houston area who do not have power and may not for 2 – 3 weeks or longer. Once they all go through a few days with no A/C, food, etc, they may inundate our area where shelters with those items are available. Schools may be the first shelters, and high school athletics may be affected for quite a while. Let’s all hope that they get the power back on soon. As for the game, I’m sure it could be moved to Bellville if Navasota is unable to host it. I drove by the High School this afternoon and everything appeared normal.

Now for the game; Navasota should be a 21 point favorite. They have been highly rated and predicted to do well since last year’s playoff run. Bellville was not even considered to have a chance this rebuilding year, and have surprised many with their first two wins. Navasota has the more experienced offense and the athletes to make it run. Bellville has a quarterback with two starts, and several starting players on the disabled list. The game will come down to the Bellville defense, and their ability to slow down Pratt, Stokes, Jackson, etc. If they can keep the Rattlers out of the red zone, Bellville may be able to keep it close. I see the game being close until the end, with overtime possible. If Bellville keeps it that close, Navasota may pull it out due to the Brahmas kicking woes.

The game will be overshadowed by the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, but hopefully will be played. I look forward to the contest, while praying for a speedy recovery for those affected by Ike.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2008, 06:57 PM
If you want to go on thinking that, by all means, do. But lay off on the lingo and derogatory names. We don't need that kind of smack on this board.

You are right navscanmaster, that kind of talk is not needed, Navasota vs Bellville has always been a good game, no trash talking needed for this one, what untill we play arch rivel sealy for the talk!:D

navscanmaster
09-13-2008, 07:24 PM
You are right navscanmaster, that kind of talk is not needed, Navasota vs Bellville has always been a good game, no trash talking needed for this one, what untill we play arch rivel sealy for the talk!:D

I am still excited about the game. I am thinking it will be played. Entergy covers 95% of the city of Navasota, and they are still black right now. My home is in a newer subdivision on the east side of the freeway, covered by Midsouth Synergy, which covers most of Grimes, Walker, and west Montgomery Counties. We have power now, and have since about 5:30 PM. They are backfeeding power from other sources, since most of the electricity Grimes County and the city of Navasota gets is from plants in East Texas. I believe Navasota will be the first Entergy customers to get power back on, but the rest of East Texas and West LA will be black for some time. We have had moderate damage around town, with several poles down. NAPA Auto Parts lost its roof, which is now hanging from the back of historic downtown bulidings. I have to commend the city of Navasota public works crews for feverishly getting the city back online.

zebrablue2
09-13-2008, 08:32 PM

do not like this type of speech bb010. read rule 3, and real brahmas do the talking on the field, not on a message board. support your town and team, but do not direct comments toward the team you are playing in that manner, anymore, please...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
do not like this type of speech bb010. read rule 3, and real brahmas do the talking on the field, not on a message board. support your town and team, but do not direct comments toward the team you are playing in that manner, anymore, please... :iagree: :iagree:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM

BTW, power is still out in Navasota, and has been since 6 this morning. Lots of poles down, and tons more lines down

Any word out of Navsota about power? Heard it was no power there. No school?

ProudHornetMom
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Spoke with Navasota friend earlier today...no power...no school tomorrow.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Spoke with Navasota friend earlier today...no power...no school tomorrow.

With the school out tomorrow, can the Volleyball and Football teams work out? What is the UIL rule on this?

navscanmaster
09-14-2008, 09:40 PM
With the school out tomorrow, can the Volleyball and Football teams work out? What is the UIL rule on this?

???

I don't know. My neighborhood, Dove Crossing, is the only area of Navasota with power. My wife's family and my family are all sleeping over. I have had to repurchase an AOL monthly dialup plan since the cellular internet card I have been using is unable to get any service. I don't want this game to get cancelled, and I hope our boys can practice. That would be a major advantage for Bellville. They are saying the rest of Navasota, which is serviced by Entergy, will be out for the next 3-4 days, and we may have interruptions in water/sewer service as well.:(

buff4ever
09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I am going against the grain here a little. I think that Bellville is ready for this game and will upset Navasota. Nunn will pound the rattlers.

This will be a great game, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if I were wrong.

R3Editor
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Mods, sticky this as R3 GOTW, please. You can remove the DQ part of the title if needed.

Bulligator
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Just a few questions:
1)Is Navasota getting the power turned on anytime soon?
2)Will the team be able to practice this week?
3)Was the field / stands damaged by the wind?

X15-MEM
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
The players and the fans have both been looking forward to this one since the season started. During the summer 7 on 7 competition both teams showed they had plenty of talent at the skill positions, while yes this is a passing game both schools also have excellent talent at RB. This game is going to based on which team makes the fewest mistakes, takes advantage when they get the opportunity and can limit the number of big plays by the opposition. Based on evaluation from the summer competition.

Bellville 28 - Navasota 24.

KL3
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I read somewhere else that they are talking about moving this game to A&M Consolidated if the Navasota field isn't ready. That is of course if they play the game at all.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Bellville,s field is ok!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I read somewhere else that they are talking about moving this game to A&M Consolidated if the Navasota field isn't ready. That is of course if they play the game at all.

With Navasota being out of school, this game may be Bellville vs someone besides Navasota?

striker
09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Just a few questions:
1)Is Navasota getting the power turned on anytime soon?
Entergy is telling us somewhere between 5 and 7 days until power is restored.

2)Will the team be able to practice this week?
To my knowledge the team is able to practice.

3)Was the field / stands damaged by the wind?
The field and stands are fine. We just don't have electricity for lights, dressing rooms, or scoreboard.

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm looking foward to Friday or Saturday. From my understanding, the game will still be played even if we loose homefield advantage by having to play 15 minutes north @ A&M Consolidated. I live in the Spring area, we are still without electricity. I need gas in the worst way. I have enough to make it to work tomorrow and back home. Speaking of work, I work at Memorial Hermann in the Woodlands, and we are still running on generators. We (er) are having to turn patients away. It is crazy. I've been scrambling for food. I have never eaten so much junk in all my life. I can say that I do have cold water. Atleast I'm fresh and clean. And, thank God for this cool front. I was burning up Saturday Night. So, with all that being said, I hope that everyone and their families are okay. Good luck to both Bellville and our Mighty Rattlers!

RattlerDude
09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Game may not be played

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Game may not be played

If so I hope they say yes or no soon so Bellville can find another opponent.

navscanmaster
09-15-2008, 11:54 PM

I am skeptical. You would think that from the publicity, they would do everything they could to make it happen. But there maybe some UI-hell rules that won't let it happen. I see a lot of people from Bellville having confidence that they are going to come pull off a low scoring upset without having any idea how powerful the Rattler O is this year. That is their right, I would have confidence in my team too, but I can't see it happening at all.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM

I sure hope that this game is played. I'm sure it will draw a crowd, especially from Navasota. Considering everything that has happened and the town is still without lights. They need some thing to do and somewhere to go. So, come on Navasota ISD, pull this off. Btw, I finally got gas. I ended up finding a little corner store not too far from me just before they were closing up around midnight.

buff4ever
09-16-2008, 04:42 AM
come play in giddings, neutral site. It will be fun, and I don't have to travel to watch a great game.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2008, 11:40 AM
As of Tuesday, the game has been cancelled.

pirate4state
09-16-2008, 11:42 AM
As of Tuesday, the game has been cancelled. :(

navscanmaster
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
As of Tuesday, the game has been cancelled.
Where did you see that? The website, www.navasotaisd.org is still showing it TBD. And KBTX only has classes out.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Where did you see that? The website, www.navasotaisd.org is still showing it TBD. And KBTX only has classes out.

According to Venomous tat2

There are concerns:

1. No diesel for the buses
2. Many people are out of town due to the power issues
3. Water issues

The City cancelled the games, again.

The Rattlers are still practicing. If the power is restored before Friday, unlikely, the game may be still played.

This really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

striker
09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
The game between Navasota and Bellville has been cancelled.

striker
09-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Was just advised by Coach Fedora to release this information.

Navasota vs. Bellville game has been cancelled.

striker
09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
We've also called Fox Sports Southwest and let them know they would need to find another DQ "Game of the Week" due to our game versus Bellville being cancelled.

navscanmaster
09-16-2008, 11:53 AM
:( :( :( Hurricane Ike:mad:

Brahma84
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
The Bellville coaches told the team Monday, that there was 50-50 chance of playing Navasota. Bellville is trying to find a replacement game. Chancellor told the team they would have a game this week, probably on the road.

LH OffseasonVet
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Navasota ISD (http://www.navasotaisd.org/home.aspx?)

School Announcement

NISD schools will be CLOSED THE REMAINDER OF THIS WEEK, due to no electricity. School administrators will continue to assess the situation and meet again next Monday morning to determine when schools will re-open. Navasota ISD's first operational day will consist of only teachers and staff, no students. Please keep posted for notification of when classes will resume and when teachers and staff should report back. Check our website or with your local news and radio stations for more information regarding school openings/closings.

Varsity Rattler Football vs. Bellville - CANCELLED

All Volleyball, Sub-Varsity Football games, and extra-curricular activities have been cancelled for this week.

navscanmaster
09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow. they just posted that in the last 15 minutes. good grief. Looks like the Rattlers need to pick up a game after Rudder next week in the original OPEN week.

striker
09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, we just posted the information online at our website. Coach Fedora may look for another game during our off week. Not sure as of yet. We mainly need power restored to the City of Navasota before we can move forward.

Brahma84
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Bellville has called around and, as of lunch today has not been able to find a game. Brenham agreed to send their F and JV, but not the varsity. Our Jr. High will play Columbus. Port Lavaca was a maybe, but that turned out to be a no. Hopefully we can get something.

navscanmaster
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
For Brahma or Rattler fans, or any other poster for that matter, in the Navasota area today, read the sticky about the shirt.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2008, 03:29 PM
For whatever it is worth, Entergy's website says that 80% of Navasota should have their power by Friday. Im afraid that it will be too late to savage the game between the Brahmas and the Rattlers.

striker
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
The game is cancelled. Even if they restore power tomorrow., the game is still cancelled. Our kids have been without power since Saturday. They have not been able to eat properly or even live a normal life. It would not be fair to ask these kids to play under the current circumstances. It is not just about having lights at the staium for the game. It is caring about our kids and taking care of them.

ProudHornetMom
09-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by striker
The game is cancelled. Even if they restore power tomorrow., the game is still cancelled. Our kids have been without power since Saturday. They have not been able to eat properly or even live a normal life. It would not be fair to ask these kids to play under the current circumstances. It is not just about having lights at the staium for the game. It is caring about our kids and taking care of them.

My Navasota friend (we work together)and I were upset that the game was cancelled until we read Coach Fedora's article on Brazos Sports. We realized we were being a bit selfish. It was a tough decision to make but a very honorable one.

So much of football preparation is based on routine and focus. You're right your kids haven't been able to prepare as is their routine.

Good luck to the Rattlers and I hope all gets back to normal soon.

striker
09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Hornet Mom,

Thanks for understanding that it was a difficult decision for Coach Fedora, but we feel he made the right one for our kids. Our kids will soon be able to live normal lives once power is restored, and they can then concentrate on football and school rather than wondering what their faimly will have to eat or drink.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Hornet Mom,

Thanks for understanding that it was a difficult decision for Coach Fedora, but we feel he made the right one for our kids. Our kids will soon be able to live normal lives once power is restored, and they can then concentrate on football and school rather than wondering what their faimly will have to eat or drink.
Continued prayers for all the Rattler family and others in a similar situation.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
We've also called Fox Sports Southwest and let them know they would need to find another DQ "Game of the Week" due to our game versus Bellville being cancelled.

FSN's David vs Golith, Bellville vs Katy Morton Ranch, a 3a vs a 5a both 2-0. Give me the # I will call!