PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland VS. BH

spike
10-01-2003, 10:42 AM
I am looking for this to be one of the best games in the district, unlike last year. I see both teams as being talented and well coached.
I am calling for the upset with the score
Cleveland 24
BH 20

Any thoughts?
And yes I do realize that the eagles have typically been the better team and CHS does not have a good record but look who they played, except for New Caney it was a tough road in predistrict. But I believe it will be closer than anyone thinks.

RBARKER
10-01-2003, 10:52 AM
I agree that this meeting between the two teams will be their closest. Cleveland will not be able to score 24 points on the Eagle Defense IMHO. The Eagles secondary is pretty tight so if Cleveland resorts to the big play the Eagles will increase there interception count which I believe is close to leading the state at 12. Running backs have been completely shut out during the second half of their games. Bh plays pretty sound football but the special teams is lacking but improving. I think that BH will hold the Indians to 14, so I see it BH 28 Cleveland 14.

QB85
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM
RBarker, I agree with your score for BH but I'm only giving Cleveland 7. It seems that if you get up on Cleveland early they fall apart. I think that is the key to a BH win. Coldspring turned the ball over 7 times last week but the Hill will not allow them that many opportunities.

shellman54
10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
26-12. BH is coming around both on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. keep the turnovers to a minimum, and the Hill has an excellent shot at winning the game. I would say 28-14, but there's bound to be some missed extra points thrown in there.

spike
10-01-2003, 11:25 AM
All are valid statements.
However, there have been a few changes within the program at Cleveland concerning the style of offense they are using now.They are not going to be throwing the ball all that much anymore, at least that is what it looked like against Coldspring.
Cleveland is still allowing too many points with the exception of the shutout last week. But I do think that they have more horses than people think they do. I just am sorry that I have to miss the game.
But I will also be the first one on here on Monday to eat my crow if I am wrong.

EAGLETOWN
10-01-2003, 04:43 PM
I do not doubt the Cleveland talent.

I doubt the Cleveland conditioning.

If the Eagles would not have had the 3 careless turnovers in the first half.

They would have easily beat Huffman 42 to 7.

I feel that game also came down to conditioning.

In the first half most of their (Huffmans)Defensive linemen had their hands on their hips.

The Eagles made a few adjustments in the second half, but mainly they just did not make any turnovers and kept Huffmans Defense on the field.

I look for the Eagles to come out in this one a little stonger.

They have learned from their mistakes every week and this one will be no different.

The same applies this week as last.

The Eagles Offense will just wear out the Cleveland Defense.

In the first it may be close, but look for Clevelands Defense to start to tire in the third and BH will dominate the second half just like Huffman.

These kids are going to break out any game with a consistant 1st and 2nd half, and it will be this week.

:D BH 42 :D
:mad: CLEVELAND 14 :mad:

Old Cardinal
10-01-2003, 06:34 PM
I think BH has the stronger team at present...Cleveland is however strong enough, to beat anyone in the District, if given enough turnovers! Cleveland was terrible about "holding" on every play-if TexasMike-style Refs are on the field; and let them hold all night long; they will be hard to beat...
I think Cleveland is wise to concentrate on the run, their passing attack is- par at best..

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

FBmania
10-01-2003, 06:49 PM
RBARKER:
I agree that this meeting between the two teams will be their closest. Cleveland will not be able to score 24 points on the Eagle Defense IMHO. The Eagles secondary is pretty tight so if Cleveland resorts to the big play the Eagles will increase there interception count which I believe is close to leading the state at 12. Running backs have been completely shut out during the second half of their games. Bh plays pretty sound football but the special teams is lacking but improving. I think that BH will hold the Indians to 14, so I see it BH 28 Cleveland 14.Good asessment RBARKER, That score looks good to me. With no TO's in this game, I look for BH to pull away. They will however, have to respect Cleveland's speed/talent.

bhillfan
10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
i believe we (BH) should come out ready for this game, the coaches have hit us pretty hard about the first half of the huffman game and tryin to make sure we come out ready for cleveland, weve watched the film on them when they played coldsprings and they look pretty good, their running game is gonna be hard to shut down at first but i think the D can do it

EAGLETOWN
10-02-2003, 05:05 PM
I can't stand having to look way back in the post for a thread on the HILL.

So back to the front we go.

LP57
10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
i like clevland but i gatta go with the hill in this one

bhillfan
10-02-2003, 09:03 PM
well the BH freshman smoked cleveland pretty bad like 40 something to 7 i think, something around there and the jv was winning 27-0 at half time, but varsity is another story so we still can lighten up and have to bring everything to the indians tomorrow night, lets go guys

PANTHERFAN05
10-02-2003, 09:34 PM
I THINK THE BARBER HILL-CLEVELAND MATCH IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE, BUT I SEE CLEVELAND COMING OUT ON TOP WITH A HUGE BARBERS HILL UPSET.
CLEVELAND 20
BARBERS HILL 14

mg
10-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Let's keep in mind the game is played for the young men involved and their schoolmates. May both teams play to their potenial, may they be safe, and may they remenber the game the rest of their life. Play football & Go Indians!

eagle08
10-03-2003, 07:02 AM
I predict the Hill to hit on all cylinders from the beginning. BH 35 Cleveland 13.

RBARKER
10-03-2003, 07:45 AM
I have never been to Clevelands stadium, Do they have room on the Visitor side for the Eagle fans or should I get their early? Here's wishing both teams to have a safe contest and all fans to have a safe trip to and from the game. GOOOOo EAGLES!!!

trojandad
10-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Small visitor stands, RBarker, the same ones they had back in the 60's. Get there early or bring a chair. They do have good BBQ tho.

Cleveland isn't a rollover by any stretch of the imagination. But I just got off the phone with a Cleveland backer and even he didn't see a team 40 points better than us, he mentioned every bounce going their way as well as the holds not being called on the doubleteam they use for their offtackle power play, a play they got 70% of their yardage on.

The Hill doesn't have a problem overadjusting. Hold on to the ball better than against Huffman and you'll be fine. BH by 2 TD's.

pgamgt1982
10-03-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm going to go with BH by a touchdown, Cleveland really does have something to prove, and BH might not come away with the W that easy. I'd sure like to see an upset, but I'm almost positive this will not occur tonight.

spike
10-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Well, I won't be able to see who wins this one because I have a game of my own but I am pulling for both schools. I know people at both and know kids at both and want both to be successful. But I just have this feeling in my gut that says the Indians are going pull it out tonight.

Good luck to both teams, and to everyone else in the district.

eagle08
10-03-2003, 04:28 PM
I've got a good feeling about this game. It seems to me that the Hill tends to play better on the road as of late. I'm predicting Daniels (QB) will show us a little razzle dazzle tonight. This young man gets better every game.

pgamgt1982
10-03-2003, 05:38 PM
OUTCOME ????????

hsffan
10-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Looks like BH is the team to beat.Defense produced a shutout.

bhillfan
10-04-2003, 12:35 AM
BH wins 20-0 against cleveland, they just didnt bring their A game tonight

BH_146
10-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Well if you are talking Defense, it's A+; only 62 total yards allowed.