09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Wharton 14, Giddings 0- 2nd quarter

And this is no Joke

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
:eek: :eek:

48minutes
09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Giddings fumbled opening kickoff, and fumbled one more time since I believe..

Not looking good.

jrhernandez7
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
wow, giddings is a great team no doubt, going to see how this team responds to adversity with out brock at the helm this should tell us alot about the buffs this season

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
i was hoping wharton would give them a run for there money if wharton can pull this off it will be A HUGE UPSET

48minutes
09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
14-14.

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
What quarter?

48minutes
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
almost the end of the 2nd, not for sure though.

Antec
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Officialy halftime
2nd half kickoff around 9

Just got a call

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
as a sealy football player i hope Wharton can win this

TigerFan51
09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Wharton was in scoring range...couldn't punch it in...went for a field goal right before the half and missed it.

Wharton is also having to play with no fan support, no cheerleaders, no drill team and no band. The folks here at home are having to prepare for the storm and many people are affected by the mandatory evacuations...folks that are affiliated with the different school organizations but live in those areas being evacuated. It killed me to have to miss this game so, for the boys sake, I hope they bring home a win!

Go Tigers!
'

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
is half time over yet

wedo
09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
The tigers from wharton is a very young team some are playing varsity ball for the first time i beleave with time there offensive will get better only 3 seniors starters i think they've had a few slip up's in there past game and i beleave if they pull this one out they will do fine as the season progresses.. almost 4th still 14-14

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
lets go warton

Antec
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
21-14 Giddings still in 3rd Qtr

Just got a call in

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Lets Go Tigers!!!!!!:clap: We are all pulling for you here at home!

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
what is the score

OnceABucJr
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
4A site said 43-21 Beeville with a min. to go.

Antec
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
27-14 Giddings just under 9 minutes left in the game

TigerFan51
09-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Get tough, boys, get tough!!! I know of one senior starter on offense and I can't for the life of me remember who the others are...hurricane fatigue

Say it ain't so, Antec, say it ain't SO:eek: :eek:

BIGHOG_sTx
09-10-2008, 09:55 PM
score??

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Any score??????? Come on tigers!!!!!:clap:

TigerFan51
09-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Touchdown, touchdown, we want a touchdown...or two...or three

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
All together now........ touchdown touchdown we want a touchdown!!!!!

1st and goal
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
34-14 Giddings 54 seconds left
GTown fumbled at least 4-5 times.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
this one is over gg wharton you came out right but just couldn't finish

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Great job Tigers. We are proud of you!!:clap:

BigCT4
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I will take some time for the tigers but coach hunt will get it right for district wharton has one of the hardest schedule's in this region i.. district they will do alright.

1st and goal
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
34-14 Giddings. Game over

Wharton has some real good talent and speed. It looked like with even a short week, they prepared well for our offense. Giddings looked flat during the 1st quarter while the tigers capitalized on our fumbles. The tigers D played well but Giddings passed for one touchdown and had a number of long runs.

buffalo2006
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I remember our game in 05 againist Smithville got moved up because of Rita and we came out flat and I think the score was really close from what I can remember, don't think this was the best team the Buffs have fielded this year but they got a W. Good luck Wharton on the season and stay safe with Ike.

TIGER FAN
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
I remember our game in 05 againist Smithville got moved up because of Rita and we came out flat and I think the score was really close from what I can remember, don't think this was the best team the Buffs have fielded this year but they got a W. Good luck Wharton on the season and stay safe with Ike.

Thanks buffalo2006! Good luck to you the rest of the season.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
I remember our game in 05 againist Smithville got moved up because of Rita and we came out flat and I think the score was really close from what I can remember, don't think this was the best team the Buffs have fielded this year but they got a W. Good luck Wharton on the season and stay safe with Ike. I remembered those games being rescheduled. We played hutto that week and got slaughtered

buff4ever
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I remembered those games being rescheduled. We played hutto that week and got slaughtered

you would have been slaughtered by them w/o the rescheduling of game:D

buff4ever
09-10-2008, 11:21 PM
The best I can recall from this game is that we put the ball on the ground 7 times and lost it 5. One was on the opening kickoff that turned into 7 for wharton. Two were on option pitches to the left. Plumlee will prolly be working on this for the next 2 weeks before the next game. The rest were fumbles either by contact or at the exchange.

Wharton came to play the wednesday game a little better mentally than we did, and they got after it. They have some key players to build around and try and get some momentum going into district. Smithville must be better than I thought, maybe not good, but better than I thought b/c wharton wasn't bad like all of you have been saying for the past few days.

GoPaStoners
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM

I was at Smithville that year as a coach.. Yes I remember the game and it was close for awhile.. Ended up being a good game and I was proud of the way we played..

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
you would have been slaughtered by them w/o the rescheduling of game:D this is true....they were GOOD

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GoPaStoners
I was at Smithville that year as a coach.. Yes I remember the game and it was close for awhile.. Ended up being a good game and I was proud of the way we played.. My 80 yard TD got called back against smithville that year! :mad: :mad:

or was it the year before? I think it was I can't recall

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Wharton came to play the wednesday game a little better mentally than we did, and they got after it. They have some key players to build around and try and get some momentum going into district. Smithville must be better than I thought, maybe not good, but better than I thought b/c wharton wasn't bad like all of you have been saying for the past few days.

Wharton has been very opportunistic with turnovers, do you think it comes from hard hitting? How well did both teams move the ball on offense? I'm also thinking that Smithville must be vastly improved and much better than the other D25 teams would like to see. They could play the roll of spoiler or even contend for the playoffs.

fireman1
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
good game Wharton now get back to evacuate in a meeting today my chief told us that the eye of the hurricane might go over El Campo if it stays on the path its on now and that means we will get the strong side of it and hit as a cat 4 storm but us firefighters will stay at the fire station till everything is ok and folks these brave firefighters are voluneers we do not get paid to do this we just want to help our community and passer bys as much as possible... be careful.. great game Wharton and Giddings cant wait till district

Bull's-eye
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Keep safe Fireman1! We all appreciate the work of thses brave men and women, especially the volunteers.

48minutes
09-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by BIGHOG_sTx
as a sealy football player i hope Wharton can win this

hahahahahaaha

I bet you do, giddings happened to have your number I imagine? thats funny. Rooting agains a team that beat you down one year,, and two years later knocked you out. surprising??? not at all.

Good game wharton. Well prepared.. just couldn't finish. Giddings has work to do, for sure.

TigerFan51
09-11-2008, 03:46 AM
I'm proud of you, Tigers...you know my heart was with you all the way even though I couldn't be there. Great start to the game but just gotta play with that kind of intensity the whole way through to finish it off!

Good game Giddings...congrats to you guys and good luck throughout the rest of your season.

It wasn't a win, but also not the blowout that one or two on here had said it was going to be...let me see, I believe that prediction was that Giddings was going to destroy us by 30 to 40 points. The Tigers have another tough one this next week against El Campo and then a bye week to prepare for Bellville before district starts. Yes, I think this is probably one of the toughest...not saying THE toughest...just ONE of the toughest predistrict schedules around. Coach Hunt will prepare...prepare...prepare for district and they'll have a legitimate chance for good things to happen in district play.

I appreciate all the complimentary posts on here...I appreciate it so much because I know how hard these boys practice and have seen the positive changes that have taken place with the team this year. It makes one so weary to always read nothing but negative things being said about their team so it is very heartening to hear some good stuff!!!!

Thanks for all you do Fireman1...we count on you guys to keep us safe and I hope you and your family weather the storm okay.

TRENCHES06
09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Giddings did everything they could to give the game away.

Buffgal
09-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06

Exactly. Wharton stripped the ball once from QB as he tried to make a few yards out of an obvious sack situation in the backfield. Rest of the fumbles, too many to count, were mishandles of kickoffs, handoffs and pitches. Sloppy, sloppy.

Glad to see Westfall hitting those extra pts and Taylor back in the game and making those hits. Rimes ran hard and fought for yardage. Although he had some bright spots, Plumlee overall didn't have a good game, looked more like what I expected in a first game for him instead of what we saw against LH. Can the "I've never taken a snap in my life" jitters come in the 3rd game?

Wharton has some talent to build on, for sure. Team showed character and came to play without any "hoopla" of a band, cheerleaders. Just a handful of parents. Keep working and listening to your coaches. It is obvious they are on the right track. & I've seen the underclassmen talent in Smithville develop over the last few yrs, and they are definitely a team to be wary of.

Blessings to all in Ike's way and thank you to all our very unselfish volunteers who take care of all of us.

giddingsblazer2
09-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Exactly. Wharton stripped the ball once from QB as he tried to make a few yards out of an obvious sack situation in the backfield. Rest of the fumbles, too many to count, were mishandles of kickoffs, handoffs and pitches. Sloppy, sloppy.

Glad to see Westfall hitting those extra pts and Taylor back in the game and making those hits. Rimes ran hard and fought for yardage. Although he had some bright spots, Plumlee overall didn't have a good game, looked more like what I expected in a first game for him instead of what we saw against LH. Can the "I've never taken a snap in my life" jitters come in the 3rd game?

Wharton has some talent to build on, for sure. Team showed character and came to play without any "hoopla" of a band, cheerleaders. Just a handful of parents. Keep working and listening to your coaches. It is obvious they are on the right track. & I've seen the underclassmen talent in Smithville develop over the last few yrs, and they are definitely a team to be wary of.

Blessings to all in Ike's way and thank you to all our very unselfish volunteers who take care of all of us.

Darren
09-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Keep safe Fireman1! We all appreciate the work of thses brave men and women, especially the volunteers.

I echo these thoughts..

Bull's-eye
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Game stats show Wharton with 250 yds rushing & 91 yds passing. Giddings rushed for 382 yds & 65 yds passing. The Buffs did fumble 8 times and 5 of those were recovered by Wharton. The Tigers lost all 3 of their fumbles.

buff4life
09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
200 of those yards for Wharton probably came on their first three drives when they went right down the field on Giddings...Giddings came out extremely flat acting like they didn't want to play and let wharton punch them in the mouth a couple of times before they started playing

nunya
09-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Giddings vs. Smithville will be a showdown. Might be payback time. We'll see.

48minutes
09-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by nunya

Thats a bold statement to make, Smithville vs. giddings a showdown? WOW

buff4life
09-12-2008, 02:17 AM
the name explains everything...

buff4ever
09-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Smithville will be tougher this year than if we would have gotten to play caldwell.

So by avoiding scheduling us, nunya can now come on here, act like an idiot, and talk crap about giddings.

LHPfactory
09-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Glad to see Smithville to get a great start and turn things around, but they are not in the same league as Giddings yet

Bull's-eye
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM

I wouldn't go that far, but Smithville is making D25-3A a stronger district from top to bottom. Sandra Bullock said she might start attending some of their games if they continue to win. :D

buff4ever
09-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I will go out on a limb here and say that smithville is not a top 4 team in our district, but can be a spoiler to one of the top 4 if they get a little momentum in one of the games.

Antec
09-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Too bad that four teams dont make it to the playoffs like in 4A

District is pretty well balanced and will come down to final week of play

48minutes
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Smithville will be tougher this year than if we would have gotten to play caldwell.

So by avoiding scheduling us, nunya can now come on here, act like an idiot, and talk crap about giddings.

I understand where you come from, but at the same why would caldwell STILL talk crap about us? Did last years game not tell them everything they needed to know, keeping the X FACTOR down to what 47 yds? 57 yds? They still talk?

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
I understand where you come from, but at the same why would caldwell STILL talk crap about us? Did last years game not tell them everything they needed to know, keeping the X FACTOR down to what 47 yds? 57 yds? They still talk?

Y'all...one guy comes on here and says something and "CALDWELL STILL TALK CRAP". We aren't talking crap. One person is not all of us. I haven't said one negative word about Giddings this year. Let it go, please.

buff4life
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Y'all...one guy comes on here and says something and "CALDWELL STILL TALK CRAP". We aren't talking crap. One person is not all of us. I haven't said one negative word about Giddings this year. Let it go, please.
yea guys...let the moms aka the sensible smart ones alone...and just focus attention away from the ignorance of the other to make sure you don't catch it too :D

ProudHornetMom
09-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh Buffers...thanks for your sensibility in the sea of madness. :D

I think it miffed me because I was getting ready to post a pro-Giddings post and zap, there was a dig. Also, I'm cranky today.

:D

buff4life
09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Oh Buffers...thanks for your sensibility in the sea of madness. :D

I think it miffed me because I was getting ready to post a pro-Giddings post and zap, there was a dig. Also, I'm cranky today.

:D

You haven't been posting that much so I guarantee it wasn't at you lol...just that one special someone that doesn't know most of this stuff is "nun" of his business :D

BOCEPHUS
09-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06

wait a dadgum minute, thar was about 50 games in the area that were re-scheduled for thursday, only to be canceled. these boys here went ahead and used some common sense and played on wed. to get the game in. so they may have played crappy i don't know, but i do know they played!!!!!!! as opposed to a bunch of other school districts that could not make a decision and ended up not playing at all. JUST HOW I SEE IT..........AND AIN'T NOBODY SAID A WORD BOUT NO GUTLESS/SPINLESS MENSTRATORS, BUT IT WAS A THOUGHT!