PDA

View Full Version : UT/Arkansas

K-MAC Chuck
09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Not sure if this belongs in the "Cancelled/Rescheduled Games" or not...

but we expect UT to make an announcement tomorrow "mid-day" (the word given to us) about Saturday's home game against Arkansas.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I heard that also....isn't friday/monday?

jambo67
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
If that coward Mack Brown has his way any SEC opponent would be canceled entirely. He'll want to re-schedule against Tarleton State in a half time side-show against Baylor. But it would be a WIN. The pollsters a'int fair either.

PHS Wildcats
09-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
If that coward Mack Brown has his way any SEC opponent would be canceled entirely. He'll want to re-schedule against Tarleton State in a half time side-show against Baylor. But it would be a WIN. The pollsters a'int fair either. :confused:

Emerson1
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM
If that coward Mack Brown has his way any SEC opponent would be canceled entirely. He'll want to re-schedule against Tarleton State in a half time side-show against Baylor. But it would be a WIN. The pollsters a'int fair either.
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1220429779325250.xml&coll=2

"Besides losing a payday, leaving home means this harsh reality for the SEC: It's pretty mediocre on the road. Since 1998, the SEC is 40-39 in nonconference road games. That mark drops to 24-31 at schools from BCS conferences. "

Maroon87
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM

Uh....OK.

3afan
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM

rookie, blah

jambo67
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I will leave my arse hanging in the breeze here and I may be proven a fool. What is Mack Brown's record against the SEC or ranked teams? I am certain it is favorable for him but I just can't forget their National Championship year when the Longhorns played Ohio State early in the season and on national TV he said he wouldn't have scheduled such a big game , it was made by the previous regime and he had to abide by it. It seems Mack Brown wants to run thru the Big 12 and feels the Big 12 Champion should have a bye at the National Championship. If the Longhorns win the Big 12 it seems it will be incidental to the schedule, not because of it.

eagles_victory
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I will leave my arse hanging in the breeze here and I may be proven a fool. What is Mack Brown's record against the SEC or ranked teams? I am certain it is favorable for him but I just can't forget their National Championship year when the Longhorns played Ohio State early in the season and on national TV he said he wouldn't have scheduled such a big game , it was made by the previous regime and he had to abide by it. It seems Mack Brown wants to run thru the Big 12 and feels the Big 12 Champion should have a bye at the National Championship. If the Longhorns win the Big 12 it seems it will be incidental to the schedule, not because of it. Well when you are playing 4 teams ranked in the top 13 on your conference schedule (most likely 5 with the big 12 championship) your not exactly breezing to the national title game by winning the conference now are you

JasperDog94
09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I just can't forget their National Championship year when the Longhorns played Ohio State early in the season and on national TV he said he wouldn't have scheduled such a big game , it was made by the previous regime and he had to abide by it. Uhh, you might want to check your facts on this. Mack scheduled the game back when the BCS figured in strength of schedule. That's why Mack scheduled the game.

Mack came to Texas in 1998. Something tells me that the Ohio state game in 2005 wasn't scheduled quite that far in advance.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Uhh, you might want to check your facts on this. Mack scheduled the game back when the BCS figured in strength of schedule. That's why Mack scheduled the game.

Mack came to Texas in 1998. Something tells me that the Ohio state game in 2005 wasn't scheduled quite that far in advance. actuall machoviv(sp?) scheduled it :)

jambo67
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Mack Brown did not schedule that game, he said so himself. He recruited V. Young and hitched his wagon to Young, which was a good choice. Most NCAA games are scheduled far in advance.
It's the money, man.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I just got an e-mail saying game has been rescheduled till Sept 27

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Mack Brown did not schedule that game, he said so himself. He recruited V. Young and hitched his wagon to Young, which was a good choice. Most NCAA games are scheduled far in advance.
It's the money, man.

Actually what he said was it made no sense for a top 5 team to schedule another top 5 team because it hurts far more than it helps

and he is basically right

that year if UT does not play OSU they stay at least 2nd the whole year till the Kansas State game which puts them in alot better position to be in a BCS game

l

K-MAC Chuck
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
It is confirmed.

UT-Arkansas game has been rescheduled for the two teams' open date of Sept. 27th.

Everyone be safe THIS WEEKEND!

JasperDog94
09-11-2008, 08:31 AM
It's the money, man. So you're telling me that Texas was scheduled to play Ohio State 8 years in advance?

jockcity33
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
why are they rescheduling the game, because of a little rain? What a bunch of little girls...

cshscougar08
09-11-2008, 08:53 AM
So you're telling me that Texas was scheduled to play Ohio State 8 years in advance?

Quite possibly. Baylor scheduled a game last year with Notre Dame for i think 2012. Not 8 years, but still a long way off.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
why are they rescheduling the game, because of a little rain? What a bunch of little girls... :doh: :doh: You're kidding right?

BreckTxLonghorn
09-11-2008, 09:34 AM
So you're telling me that Texas was scheduled to play Ohio State 8 years in advance?

I actually think it was closer to 10 years.

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 09:43 AM

they do schedule in advance....but don't know how far.....sometimes they will post future schedules on their websites.

Phil C
09-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: You're kidding right?

He/She may be serious LH. Especially when you consider that it isn't me that made that post. Whew! :)

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 01:20 PM
So you're telling me that Texas was scheduled to play Ohio State 8 years in advance? JD94 there are tenative schedules for 2011-2013 already

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM

Chill out jam. You obviously don't follow college football too closely. Which school has the most wins in the past ten years? You thought I'd say Texas, didn't you? It's Southern Cal. Guess which team is second? Yeah, that's right, it's Texas. Oh and the SEC, sure they're a good conference. No other conference in the country pays their players as well as L$U and some of those schools.

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 01:43 PM
the southeastern conference is the best conference in all sports not because they "pay" their athletes..............there are many reasons...and the big XII could only wish to get to that level.

DDBooger
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
the southeastern conference is the best conference in all sports not because they "pay" their athletes..............there are many reasons...and the big XII could only wish to get to that level. :thinking:
2007/2008 Bowl Series
SEC: 7-2

Pac-10: 4-2

Big 12: 5-3

Big East: 3-2

Big Ten: 3-5

ACC: 2-6

WAC: 1-3

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
the southeastern conference is the best conference in all sports not because they "pay" their athletes..............there are many reasons...and the big XII could only wish to get to that level.

SEC: It's pretty mediocre on the road. Since 1998, the SEC is 40-39 in nonconference road games. That mark drops to 24-31 at schools from BCS conferences.

The Pac-10, which SEC fans conveniently shoo aside, is now 10-6 this decade against the SEC. Whereas the SEC is 1-6 at Pac-10 schools, the Pac-10 has gone 4-5 at SEC stadiums.

Are they really?

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
not going to argue with the numbers...but common sense tells me...that florida, lsu, georgia,alabama tennessee and auburn don't go on the road too much...my guess would be sc. ole miss, msu. vandy and arkansas play more on the road. the bottom feeders of the sec are still light years ahead of the bottom of the big xii.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:05 PM
not going to argue with the numbers...but common sense tells me...that florida, lsu, georgia,alabama tennessee and auburn don't go on the road too much...my guess would be sc. ole miss, msu. vandy and arkansas play more on the road. the bottom feeders of the sec are still light years ahead of the bottom of the big xii.

Well Tennesee was one of those top teams and they got beat by a PAC-10 Also ran

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
only time will tell if ucla is an also ran this year....but your right..............wasn't too long ago i was watching the horns get schooled by stanford...............i've always thought those cali schools could play...they just don't seem to get after week in and weekout.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
only time will tell if ucla is an also ran this year....but your right..............wasn't too long ago i was watching the horns get schooled by stanford...............i've always thought those cali schools could play...they just don't seem to get after week in and weekout.

Was not to long ago..8 years ago :D

My point is..imo SEC is strong, but I cant say they are far and above other conferences

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Was not to long ago..8 years ago :D

My point is..imo SEC is strong, but I cant say they are far and above other conferences

i understand......and im getting old.....things that happen ten years ago don't seem that long ago to me.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
i understand......and im getting old.....things that happen ten years ago don't seem that long ago to me.

lol I was giving u a hard time..I thought it was like 4 years ago myself until i looked it up

BTownVBall3
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Well I can officially say that I've read the least intelligent posts of any thread on 3A Downlow. Thank you for making that happen Slot.

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Well I can officially say that I've read the least intelligent posts of any thread on 3A Downlow. Thank you for making that happen Slot.

that means a lot coming from a moron like you....it's a good thing i don't give a $#!* what some damn volleyball poster thinks.

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
that means a lot coming from a moron like you....it's a good thing i don't give a $#!* what some damn volleyball poster thinks.

Uhh...A bit out of line here don't you think? Do you have some issue with someone who likes volleyball?

If you didn't care what a fan of volleyball says why respond in such a manner?

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM

No, the SEC is not the best conference on all of sports. How can you make a statment like that? I wouldn't say all the teams in the SEC buy players but I know of two high profile athletes that went to L$U at the last minute and all of a sudden they started driving Lincoln Navigators. I guess that's probably just a coincidence though.

;)

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
No, the SEC is not the best conference on all of sports. How can you make a statment like that? I wouldn't say all the teams in the SEC buy players but I know of two high profile athletes that went to L$U at the last minute and all of a sudden they started driving Lincoln Navigators. I guess that's probably just a coincidence though.

;)

I know of one former LSU athlete who got paid fairly well in his short stint out there as a Tiger.

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Uhh...A bit out of line here don't you think? Do you have some issue with someone who likes volleyball?

If you didn't care what a fan of volleyball says why respond in such a manner?

i think he/she pretty much got this rolling...........why respond maybe im calling him/her out....maybe they should enlighten me on how my post was the least intelligent post they had read on this board...maybe they should disagree with me in the form of an arguement...stating their position against what it was i posted..........volleyball....right....that's another arguement.

BTownVBall3
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
1. USC (34) 1-0 1,481
2. Georgia (18) 2-0 1,454
3. Oklahoma (3) 2-0 1,370
4. Florida (3) 2-0 1,306
5. Ohio State (1) 2-0 1,289
6. Missouri 2-0 1,212
7. LSU (2) 1-0 1,198
8. Texas 2-0 1,069
9. Auburn 2-0 1,017
10. Wisconsin 2-0 946
11. Kansas 2-0 854
12. Texas Tech 2-0 755

People get paid a lot of money to make these rankings. And are far more intelligent than a Big XII hater.
It may be hard math for you so I'll help you out..

Big XII=5 SEC=4

"light years difference away".

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM

Big XII
#3 OU
#6 Missouri
#8 Texas
#12 Texas Tech
#13 Kansas

SEC
#2 Georgia
#4 Florida
#7 L$U
#9 Auburn
#11 Alabama

Looks like they're already on the same level. :weeping:

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I know of one former LSU athlete who got paid fairly well in his short stint out there as a Tiger.

and i have known athletes in many different conferences...including the big xii that did no work and got paid at summer jobs.

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
You're a complete moron.

You might want to refrain from such comments. There's no need to get angry over what conference is better.

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
and i have known athletes in many different conferences...including the big xii that did no work and got paid at summer jobs.

I know there were some ou athletes that were supposedly working at Big Red Auto in Norman and not actually working. I'm talking about giving players incentives to come to their school (cars, cash, etc).

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:55 PM
1. USC (34) 1-0 1,481
2. Georgia (18) 2-0 1,454
3. Oklahoma (3) 2-0 1,370
4. Florida (3) 2-0 1,306
5. Ohio State (1) 2-0 1,289
6. Missouri 2-0 1,212
7. LSU (2) 1-0 1,198
8. Texas 2-0 1,069
9. Auburn 2-0 1,017
10. Wisconsin 2-0 946
11. Kansas 2-0 854
12. Texas Tech 2-0 755

People get paid a lot of money to make these rankings. And are far more intelligent than a Big XII hater.
It may be hard math for you so I'll help you out..

Big XII=5 SEC=4

"light years difference away". You're a complete moron.

talking about the bottom of each conference.....look people get paid a lot money by newspapers and services to provide what people want to read....and sell it to make money.....i read a book a few weeks ago...bobby knight my way....gave a good insight into the press, recruiting services and polls....all done to sell papers....now look i am a grad of a big xii school...and i back those schools when they play outside of the conference...but my opinion is that the sec across the board is a better conference not just with football but all sports....fan support, facilities....you name it.

so your talking about only the ranked schools im talking about top to bottom....and in all sports.

JR2004
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM

OOOKAY...Umm...I just posted that because someone else mentioned LSU. No one doubts that there are plenty of athletes at many different schools getting paid. I know several myself who got paid. Heck I know a Texas Tech grad who always jokes about how the "West Texas Oilmen" step up to the plate when they really want a player to come to Lubbock.

I'll just leave this one alone now and leave y'all to your pissing contest over who is better and who cheats more. :rolleyes:

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I know there were some ou athletes that were supposedly working at Big Red Auto in Norman and not actually working. I'm talking about giving players incentives to come to their school (cars, cash, etc).

and it goes on at many more schools.....pay for a job not done is an incentive right?

BTownVBall3
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
But you can talk about athletes doing illegal activities such as getting paid under the table lol...Alright

NastySlot
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
look i got a bus to catch for a sub-varsity game....i will be a big man and apologize for calling someone a moron....but just because we live in texas and support big 12 schools.....doesn't mean we have the best thing going.......crap i love the way the cubans play baseball but i not going say communism is the best form of government.

again gotta go ...so sorry for offending.

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
talking about the bottom of each conference.....look people get paid a lot money by newspapers and services to provide what people want to read....and sell it to make money.....i read a book a few weeks ago...bobby knight my way....gave a good insight into the press, recruiting services and polls....all done to sell papers....now look i am a grad of a big xii school...and i back those schools when they play outside of the conference...but my opinion is that the sec across the board is a better conference not just with football but all sports....fan support, facilities....you name it.

so your talking about only the ranked schools im talking about top to bottom....and in all sports.

Each conference has five teams in the top 13 (ten out of the top thirteen football programs in the country are out of two conferences). You want to argue who has the best bottom feeders in each conference? Let me do some research and see if the Big XII or SEC has the best "worst teams." Geez. :doh:

espn1
09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
If that coward Mack Brown has his way any SEC opponent would be canceled entirely. He'll want to re-schedule against Tarleton State in a half time side-show against Baylor. But it would be a WIN. The pollsters a'int fair either. Yeah! About like your Mother and Father.

jason
09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
If that coward Mack Brown has his way any SEC opponent would be canceled entirely. He'll want to re-schedule against Tarleton State in a half time side-show against Baylor. But it would be a WIN. The pollsters a'int fair either. tarleton state is good this year....

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
After you get past the top five teams in both the Big XII and the SEC, neither conference has another team ranked in the AP top 25. However, through two weeks of play, the seven bottom Big XII teams have a 12-2 record (A&M, BU, OSU, KSU, Neb, ISU,CU). The bottom seven teams in the SEC (Vandy, UK, UT, USC, Arky, UM, MSU) have a combined record of 9-4.

I know it's early, but it looks like the Big XII stacks up pretty well against the SEC. After the season maybe we can see how the two conferences do against one another in head-to-head matchups.

Granted this is just the sport of football, but that's all that matters this time of year. We can talk about baseball, basketball, golf, swimming/diving, and other sports at a later date. ;)

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
tarleton state is good this year....

:iagree:

jambo67
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
OK OK, Whether Mack Brown was the head coach when this game was scheduled it was scheduled and Brown is on the record being against it just minutes before it was even played. I am a huge Longhorn fan but my gripe is this; UT athletes are too pampered. They have a way out of wack sense of accomplishment and entitlement. I was standing in the south end of the Cotton Bowl one year before an OU game and the Longhorns were talking some serious cash $#it, then OU puncches them right smack in the face and UT spit the bit. Mental toughness is not part of Mack Brown's plan.

"NOBODY EVER DROWNED IN A POOL OF SWEAT!"

JasperDog94
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
JD94 there are tenative schedules for 2011-2013 already 3-5 years I would believe.

jambo67
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Yeah! About like your Mother and Father.

Dude, I served 6 years in the USMC, my father did 2. We have both been involved in some wicked cool combat. My mother, like you, enjoyed our protection. Pop some pimples a fantasize about Homecoming.

"From way downtown..........BANG!"

espn1
09-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Dude, I served 6 years in the USMC, my father did 2. We have both been involved in some wicked cool combat. My mother, like you, enjoyed our protection. Pop some pimples a fantasize about Homecoming.

"From way downtown..........BANG!"

Don't ask don't tell!

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/9000/Gomer-Pyle-9352.jpg