PDA

View Full Version : Beeville @ Orange Grove

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Beeville up 8-0 in 1st qtr

Beeville intercepts OG qb and Beeville driving and at OG 10 yd line and 2nd down with 3:52 left in 1st.

10 TD run by FB for beeville

Beeville 15 Orange Grove 0 3:46 1st qtr

OG outmanned in that drive.

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Dangit! :mad: I forgot about this game! :doh: LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I almost forgot to.

OG at Beeville 8 yd line.

RB runs it in for a TD.

after seeing Cuero these all look small :).

Beeville defense didn't look good on that drive by OG.
Beeville 15 Orange Grove 7 with 45 secs left in 1st qtr

Beeville returns kickoff to their 45 yd line.

1st play and no. 4 runs the ball to OG 20 yd line and end of 1st qtr

Beeville 15 Orange Grove 7

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:36 PM
beeville with a 1st and goal at the 2 yd line

TD Beeville

Beeville 22 Orange Grove 7 11:10 left in 2nd qtr

OG not looking much better than Robstown!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Beeville with a 3rd and 14 at OG 35 yd line with 6:42 left in 2nd Qtr

Beeville 22 Orange Grove 7

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
TD pass by Soza from 35 yds out on a jump ball at the end zone

Beeville 29 Orange Grove 7 with 6:32 left in 2nd Qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Orange Grove intercepted and Beeville starts at their 40 yd line with just over 2 minutes til halftime

Beeville 29 Orange Grove 7

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 07:02 PM
no. 4 with big gain to OG 28 yd line with 44 secs left

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Soza completes a pass to the 17 yd line of OG for a 1st down with 27 secs left til halftime

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Soza completes the pass to 2 yd line and receiver trying to get in fumbles into the endzone for a touchback. OG ball

Beeville 29 Orange Grove 7 halftime

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
left at halftime but got this score from a 4a site with a 1 minute to go in the game.

Beeville 43 Orange Grove 21

bulldog64
09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
It got worse, it looks like our QB may have a bad knee injury. My prayers are with him since I want no player to be hurt or injured. Beeville 50 Orange Grove 21. Being brutally honest, Beeville came to play and OG didn`t . My son said he walked into athletics 7th period and Coach told them, "Oh guys, we`re playing Beeville tonight at 6, get ready". He evidently never did. LOL. Beeville came ready. Soza is a very, very smart player. He was fun to watch and the reason Beeville will get better and be a force in 4A. My hats off to them for a well played, good sportsmanship game. Also to Coach Soza, very classy for him to walk across the field and talk to our injured QB. I`m sure he can sympathize with this young man being that his son is a Sr. QB as well. (and he doesn`t want to see any kid hurting). Anyhow, thanks for the gesture and the good, clean but whooping your team gave us. We got a serious wake up call from a well coached 4A team. No excuses. We need to get better and hopefully as the saying goes, "What doesn`t kill you makes you stronger".

p.s. Makes me really appreciate you folks` team in Cuero.

maroonpunt
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Are you kidding me, all this game was, was a way for him to pad his son's stats......and OG fell for the plan!!!!

bulldog64
09-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, he dang sure padded them. HE had a good night . I`ll leave my mind open on this. The only reason I don`t buy fully into that statement is cause our Coach was the one that was hell bent on playing a game. I can see his point, but don`t schedule a 4A team on short notice after you`ve told the guys we`re not playing. Again, no excuses, they won fair and square.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2008, 08:41 AM
the half of game i did see, Orange Grove QB looked good running and passing the ball and that was one of the questions on OG if they could find a QB(sorry to hear he was injured in the game). RB was a returning starter and remember him from last year. good speed and can find the open holes.
Beeville defense not very good at this point, their D line made several stops at the line of scrimmage but their secondary look to be playing soft.

Mismatch in this game was the Beeville offense line open big holes for rb #4 Valdez to run thru and gave Soza enough time to find several open receivers.

Short notice game and players dont get to go over what to look for and usually works out better for the team with more skill players.

Blastoderm55
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by maroonpunt
Are you kidding me, all this game was, was a way for him to pad his son's stats......and OG fell for the plan!!!!

He only passed for 180 yards and two scores and didn't play most of the fourth quarter. Hardly an attempt to pad stats.

sotxrat
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
congrats to beeville on their victory, as i stated earlier after the beeville scrimmage with og, that when beeville went to their running game late in the scrimmage they moved the ball with ease against the og defense and also stated the way to beat beeville is to make them pass, the receivers have a tough time catching the ball and right now soza is missing a few wide open targets, it was the same last night, soza did have a good game but he can do better and will i am sure, the og defense really has to fix some major problems or it will be a tough season, og moved the ball offensively rather well, shooting themselves in the foot, with two ill advised passes that were intercepted, og had to play perfect to make a game of it and they just for some reason did not have it together and a lot of that is because of beeville. Coach soza and his family are nothing but class and my son thanks you guys for the visit after the game

bulldog64
09-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Ditto that, Beeville players and coaches showed nothing but class. QB is a good player and if they can shore up their D, they`ll go a few rounds deep.