PDA

View Full Version : I heard.....

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
That ALL athletic events in the state of texas have been cancelled because of the unsurity of the storm. Not sure if it's tru..... but I know WC-Manvel has been cancelled.

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
That ALL athletic events in the state of texas have been cancelled because of the unsurity of the storm. Not sure if it's tru..... but I know WC-Manvel has been cancelled. they are saying on the radio all HISD games, fieldtrips and events sched. for fri. have been canceled. Schools in the area will be closed, etc. Also evacs. for Brazoria, Matagorda, and parts of Galveston county. Univ. of Texas is contemplating moving the game this weekend to Dallas as well.

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Let me correct that, a KID at my school, a KID told me that all HIGH SCHOOL athletic events in Texas have been cancelled.

Like I said, I have NO clue if it's true.

IHStangFan
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Let me correct that, a KID at my school, a KID told me that all HIGH SCHOOL athletic events in Texas have been cancelled.

Like I said, I have NO clue if it's true. I'd be willing to bet no...but I would believe all schools along the gulf coast. I just don't see say.....Ft. Stockton , Dalhart, or Van Horn canceling things for something that is happening 400+ miles away from them.

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
they are saying on the radio all HISD games, fieldtrips and events sched. for fri. have been canceled. Schools in the area will be closed, etc. Also evacs. for Brazoria, Matagorda, and parts of Galveston county. Univ. of Texas is contemplating moving the game this weekend to Dallas as well.

I heard the Texas-Arky game would be rescheduled for Sept. 27th. It's an open date for both schools.

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'd be willing to bet no...but I would believe all schools along the gulf coast. I just don't see say.....Ft. Stockton , Dalhart, or Van Horn canceling things for something that is happening 400+ miles away from them. I too was skeptical when I heard it.

I think ALOT of games will be pushed up, or just played anyway. It won't affect most people until Saturday or sunday.

My guess is, just coastal counties.

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Like I said, I have NO clue if it's true.
Obviously, it's not true. Feel free to let him know I said he should stick to things he knows about. ;)

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Obviously, it's not true. Feel free to let him know I said he should stick to things he knows about. ;) that would be nothing then

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
that would be nothing then
Is the kid at Necks' school the one where you usually get your info? :p

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Is the kid at Necks' school the one where you usually get your info? :p i get most of my LH info from you so idk ;) :p

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
amazing........................................... .....................

Necks_Fan
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Yea, I it's pretty obvious this isn't true, but he may hav meant Brazoria county. IDK.

Regardless, ALOT of games will be cancelled.

Global Swarming
09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Caldwell and Conally has been moved to tomorrow night. I don't know if we're going to have the Kolache Festival this Saturday or not.