PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

bulldog64
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Any update on VY as to wether he`s gonna keep playing football ,as his mama said he doesn`t want to play anymore? What`s with these Texas Longhorn athletes? Ricky,Cedric,Vince,a couple others that just got booted off the team before spring training. I don`t think that`s what teams are talking about when they say "High character guys". Vince isn`t the first guy to be booed by his fans. Heck, Bradshaw had to use the back exits a few times when he started in Pittsburgh. I can remember Cowboys fans booing Troy and wanting to see Buerlein in instead.

eagles_victory
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
Ricky,Cedric,Vince,a couple others that just got booted off the team before spring training. Spring training? I thought you were talking about football :D

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
well at least bradshaw had swan and stallworth

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Any update on VY as to wether he`s gonna keep playing football ,as his mama said he doesn`t want to play anymore? What`s with these Texas Longhorn athletes? Ricky,Cedric,Vince,a couple others that just got booted off the team before spring training. I don`t think that`s what teams are talking about when they say "High character guys". Vince isn`t the first guy to be booed by his fans. Heck, Bradshaw had to use the back exits a few times when he started in Pittsburgh. I can remember Cowboys fans booing Troy and wanting to see Buerlein in instead.

Some people just can't cut it out in the real world. Sad, but true.

BTownVBall3
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
You're talking about a guy who probably has made 50-100 million dollars in endorsements and in the NFL..Saying some people can't cut it in the real world is just ridiculous. How many many people have pro bowl appearances in their first 2 years? Not to mention a rookie of the year. Too many people judge people to quickly on here and it's quite sad actually. The guys passing rating isn't and hasn't been the greatest, but bottom line..HE WINS BALLGAMES.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Heck, Bradshaw had to use the back exits a few times when he started in Pittsburgh. I can remember Cowboys fans booing Troy and wanting to see Buerlein in instead.

Terry Bradshaw went thru the exact same things Young did,Terry became depressed, sullen, withdrawn and eventually was diagnosed with clinical depression..so not sure how Terry handled it better

kepdawg
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
You're talking about a guy who probably has made 50-100 million dollars in endorsements and in the NFL..Saying some people can't cut it in the real world is just ridiculous. How many many people have pro bowl appearances in their first 2 years? Not to mention a rookie of the year. Too many people judge people to quickly on here and it's quite sad actually. The guys passing rating isn't and hasn't been the greatest, but bottom line..HE WINS BALLGAMES.

Stats, pro bowls, and winning does not equate to cutting it in the real world.

BTownVBall3
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
The guy went back to school after winning the ROTY..Sounds like he's doing just fine in life. Not to mention he's a class act if you ever run into him.

What is succeeding in life to you?

Emerson1
09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
You're talking about a guy who probably has made 50-100 million dollars in endorsements and in the NFL
I doubt he has made that much. Maybe 5 million

kepdawg
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
The guy went back to school after winning the ROTY..Sounds like he's doing just fine in life. Not to mention he's a class act if you ever run into him.

Thank you for introducing new variables into the equation. I can see that my point was made that football accomplishments do not equate to cutting it in the real world.

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Stats, pro bowls, and winning does not equate to cutting it in the real world. Thank you or even have 50-100 million dollars. :rolleyes:

Maroon87
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Stats, pro bowls, and winning does not equate to cutting it in the real world.

No...in most cases it means you'll never have to cut it in the "real" world.

kepdawg
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I doubt he has made that much. Maybe 5 million

You think Vince has only made 5 mil?

Emerson1
09-10-2008, 01:52 PM
You think Vince has only made 5 mil?
I only saw the endorsements part and I knew 50 mil on endorsements alone wasn't right

kepdawg
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I only saw the endorsements part and I knew 50 mil on endorsements alone wasn't right

Yeah I'd guess closer to 20 in endorsements. He's done all right for himself financially.

Emerson1
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah I'd guess closer to 20 in endorsements. He's done all right for himself financially.
I don't think it's that high. In 2007 Peyton Manning only made $13mil on endorsements and he is all over TV. I have seen VY in 1 commercial

halfnhalf
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Vince Young was a great COLLEGE quarterback. He gets to the NFL and puts up horrible numbers, and makes it to the pro bowl just because his name is Vince Young and after the Rose Bowl everybody and their grandma thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The running game that he has had around him the past few years has gotten him out of MANY situations. He is a great physical athlete, but not by any means an elite NFL quarterback, and the fact of the matter is he never will be.

DDBooger
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Any update on VY as to wether he`s gonna keep playing football ,as his mama said he doesn`t want to play anymore? What`s with these Texas Longhorn athletes? Ricky,Cedric,Vince,a couple others that just got booted off the team before spring training. aaron ross, vasher, crowder, selvin young, rod wright, roy williams, Scaife, Scott, Shaun Rogers, Redding, DD Lewis, Derrick Johnson, Jammer...just a few off the top of my head. Nothing wrong with Longhorn athletes. just something wrong with those individuals!

oh yeah hampton, griffin brothers and ahmad hall

Eagle 1
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Vince Young was a great COLLEGE quarterback. He gets to the NFL and puts up horrible numbers, and makes it to the pro bowl just because his name is Vince Young and after the Rose Bowl everybody and their grandma thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The running game that he has had around him the past few years has gotten him out of MANY situations. He is a great physical athlete, but not by any means an elite NFL quarterback, and the fact of the matter is he never will be.

Wow, somebody who finally agrees with me.
I argued that same point a couple of years ago on here, and now you cant find one single vy lover on any of the mb.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/7656/vinceyoungthrowingil4.gif

bulldog64
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Point taken. I guess with athletes as is life, the bad draws more attention than the good. I`m not saying Bradshaw handled it better cause we know he is a kook, but I don`t recall his mother saying he wanted to quit playing football at any time. She may have, I just don`t recall. Maybe VY`s mom was speaking her "thoughts", but as close as VY claims he and his mom are, I`m betting she knows how he really feels. The guy is a phenomenal athlete, but the same questions that dogged him before the draft have come to fruition. His throwing motion and accuracy are horrible. In the No Fun League, you better be a drop back, go through your reads in a millisec, get rid of the ball in two seconds type QB or injuries will pile up from too many times of tucking and running. I bet ol` McNabb throws it away this year instead of the ole tuck and run.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM

I agree with almost everything except the last part...it is NOT fact he will never be an elite QB, we simply dont know

Look at Terry bradshaw, they were ready to run him out of Pitt, he became a recluse, depressed, sullen and was not happy...then boom he turns it around and ends up a HOF

it is still to early to say what Young will be....the biggest problem is 5 years ago the learning curve for a rookie QB was min 3 years

now fans and media expect it NOW

another problem for Vince is something he has done..he decided last year he would NOT scramble as much and would become a pocket passer...that IMO has stunted his growth and he basically s playing without his best weapon because he is trying to force himself into the prototypical passer roll

IMO when he matures out of the taken every boo as an insult and realizes he is a mobile QB first then he will progress

Eagle 1
09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
IMO when he matures out of the taken every boo as an insult and realizes he is a mobile QB first then he will progress
Can I quote you on that?

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Can I quote you on that?

yes you can, why would I not want you to?

I will also add, he has lost his other main weapon..his confidence

He needs to understand he is not a QB that will complete 65% of his passes..he is a break containment either run or throw deep

Trying to force him to be a dink and dunk passer does not fit his strenghts

but if he can gain his confidence back that is maybe even a bigger weapon than his legs, when he has the moxie flowing, he seems to find ways to win games, but without his play suffers

Eagle 1
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Do you still think this will be his break out season?
LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61313&highlight=vince+young)

If you do your in denial.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Do you still think this will be his break out season?
LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61313&highlight=vince+young)

If you do your in denial.

No now I dont..but that was in 2007 before last season's problem and then this ..and I also really thought the Titans would try to find a legit #1 WR

This is not all Young's fault, or all the Titan's fualt..it is a combination of both

and IMO it began with them dumping McNair when they drafted Young..IMO McNair would have done wonder for Vince, they had already forged a relationship before he was drafted and it just seemed natural

Eagle 1
09-10-2008, 05:07 PM
McNair? Now your reaching. McNair couldnt make vy a better qb no more than you and I.
I agree though, its not all vy fault.
The titans are to blame too. Who in their right mind would pay 50 plus million to an unproven qb in the nfl?
Now I am a Romo fan, but until he wins a Super Bowl, he is just another good qb in the nfl and not worth all the money either.
But..... Romo is a lot better qb than vy, hands down. IMO, Tony will wear a super bowl ring and vy never will.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
McNair? Now your reaching. McNair couldnt make vy a better qb no more than you and I.
I agree though, its not all vy fault.
The titans are to blame too. Who in their right mind would pay 50 plus million to an unproven qb in the nfl?
Now I am a Romo fan, but until he wins a Super Bowl, he is just another good qb in the nfl and not worth all the money either.
But..... Romo is a lot better qb than vy, hands down. IMO, Tony will wear a super bowl ring and vy never will.

How can you say McNair would not help? they were the same style QB, and Young credited McNair for helping Young from his RS freshman year tilkl his junior year

Plus OFF THE FIELD..McNAIR was alot like Young, he was sullen, but he learned to deal with the press and the pressures, and I think he would have conveyed that to Vince

Your right romo is a better QB..but I would love to see vince with the Cowboys OL, the Coyboys starting Wr and TE and the Cowboys ground game

Romo would still be better, but IMO Vince would look a ton better at QB

CelinaProud
09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
It's all hyperbole really. The press exaggerates, the fans suck it up, and us bloggers hypothesize about half-truths. I read today Vince was eating chips at a friends house and just didn't answer his phone and those around overreacted. Also, as a Mom I can tell you, we women are known to over react ourselves when our children are having a "moment". Yeah, he's young, yeah, he probably needs some training in stress management or life skills, but Vince has done a fair job in his turn pro. To say less than that is unfair. He's a new pro QB and the game has yet to slow down for him...it will soon enough and he'll bring the heat, better and stronger.

jambo67
09-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I bet Matt Leinert would agree. 20 years ago they'd both have all the time they needed to adapt. Today's "everything-all the time- right now" attitude might work against them. We just expect too much out of college greats turned pro. For four years everyone bends over backwards to powder their behinds then.....BANG! They are just another rook trying to make it, it has to play games inside the old brainpan. Before you know they are written off in a firesale and since public opinion made them great then it must be true when it nukes them. If Young and Leinert can fight thru the past hype and present negative dogpile they will be exactly what fans expect.

sinfan75
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Any update on VY as to wether he`s gonna keep playing football ,as his mama said he doesn`t want to play anymore? What`s with these Texas Longhorn athletes? Ricky,Cedric,Vince,a couple others that just got booted off the team before spring training. I don`t think that`s what teams are talking about when they say "High character guys". Vince isn`t the first guy to be booed by his fans. Heck, Bradshaw had to use the back exits a few times when he started in Pittsburgh. I can remember Cowboys fans booing Troy and wanting to see Buerlein in instead. Bring him to Texas he'll be a happy camper. I think he's home sick. I think Houston should take a jab at him.

Eagle 1
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
How can you say McNair would not help?
I'm just being realistic. I honestly dont think anybody can teach vy to make split second pass decisions and the mechanics to throw the ball. He just dont have, never has and never will.
However, I do agree that McNair would probably be a good mentor to vy off the field, but thats not going to help his qb rating.
McNair rushed for more than 3,000 yards during his career, but could no longer depend on his legs to escape trouble during his final season. The same will happen to vy in the nfl if he continues playing rush qb instead of pass qb.
Heck they even said Barber wont last in the nfl with his running style as a running back.

bulldog64
09-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Just think how much different it would have been had the Titans drafted Leinart. Norm CHow would still be O coordiantor at Tennesee, Leinart wouldn`t be a back up to a has been. Vince might be in a system that plays to his strengths instead of harnessing him with the thought he has to stand back there and try and throw. I agree with the thoughts that he is not ever gonna be a drop back passer. At this point though, we don`t know if he still wants to be a passer.

JasperDog94
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
However, I do agree that McNair would probably be a good mentor to vy off the field, but thats not going to help his qb rating. Then you know nothing of the mental side of football. Confidence is everything. McNair could have helped Young tremendously in the confidence department.

JasperDog94
09-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I honestly dont think anybody can teach vy to make split second pass decisions and the mechanics to throw the ball. He just dont have, never has and never will. The same criticisms of Young were said in college. "He can't be accurate." "He'll never make it a the QB level in college." "He needs to switch to wide receiver." Blah, blah, blah.

Only time will tell, but nobody knows for certain how he will develop as an NFL QB. The Titans have a decent ground game, okay offensive line, and next to zero receivers. I don't care how good you are, if you don't have a good receiving corp (and at least 1 standout wide receiver) you will look bad.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm just being realistic. I honestly dont think anybody can teach vy to make split second pass decisions and the mechanics to throw the ball. He just dont have, never has and never will.

I disagree..a mentor, or coach can teach a player to read a defense better..it is not about making split decision on throwing, it is about being a good pre-snap read QB...Manning is great because he KNOWS where the defense will be when ball is snapped, NOT because he makes a split decision where to throw it

halfnhalf
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Vince Young had all the confidence in the world when he came out of college and being drafted third overall. Yes he won the ROY and made the pro-bowl, which was just a popularity contest that he won because of his name. If you look at his stats from the day he stepped onto the field in the NFL you would see that he is nothing better than a mediocre quarterback at best. I don't think confidence is the problem, he's scared, nervous, homesick, and who wouldn't be if they were in his shoes. But when he did have confidence he still put up bad numbers. The fact of the matter is that some guys can't make it in the NFL no matter what kind of physical talent that they have.

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Just think how much different it would have been had the Titans drafted Leinart. Norm CHow would still be O coordiantor at Tennesee, Leinart wouldn`t be a back up to a has been. Vince might be in a system that plays to his strengths instead of harnessing him with the thought he has to stand back there and try and throw. I agree with the thoughts that he is not ever gonna be a drop back passer. At this point though, we don`t know if he still wants to be a passer. There is also a reason Leinart is backing up the "has been"

DDBooger
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Just think how much different it would have been had the Titans drafted Leinart. Norm CHow would still be O coordiantor at Tennesee, Leinart wouldn`t be a back up to a has been. Vince might be in a system that plays to his strengths instead of harnessing him with the thought he has to stand back there and try and throw. I agree with the thoughts that he is not ever gonna be a drop back passer. At this point though, we don`t know if he still wants to be a passer. Leinart would have sucked there too lol. He's basically a bigger Chad Pennington. guy can't start over a washed up nearly 40 y/o qb who isn't Brett Favre:D . Funny the best turn out from that 1st round probably was Mario Williams, guys a beast!

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Leinart would have sucked there too lol. He's basically a bigger Chad Pennington. guy can't start over a washed up nearly 40 y/o qb who isn't Brett Favre:D . Funny the best turn out from that 1st round probably was Mario Williams, guys a beast! Saying bigger Chad Pennington is a jab at Pennington. Leinart reminds me of Ken Dorsey....won a lot of games in college is accurate but doesn't have arm strength.

JasperDog94
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't think confidence is the problem, he's scared, nervous, homesick, and who wouldn't be if they were in his shoes. He's scared and nervous yet has confidence?:confused:

Eagle 1
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The same criticisms of Young were said in college. "He can't be accurate." "He'll never make it a the QB level in college." "He needs to switch to wide receiver." Blah, blah, blah.

Only time will tell, but nobody knows for certain how he will develop as an NFL QB. The Titans have a decent ground game, okay offensive line, and next to zero receivers. I don't care how good you are, if you don't have a good receiving corp (and at least 1 standout wide receiver) you will look bad.

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster I disagree..a mentor, or coach can teach a player to read a defense better..it is not about making split decision on throwing, it is about being a good pre-snap read QB...Manning is great because he KNOWS where the defense will be when ball is snapped, NOT because he makes a split decision where to throw it

Let me see if I got this straight. You two agree that its not vy fault for not being a good qb passer in the nfl; that its part the Titans fault since they didnt keep McNair around to mentor and teach vy how to be a good qb?
Now I heard it all. :rolleyes: Do they not have a qb coach at Tennesse, a NFL team?
Using that logic, was it Mack Browns fault that he wasn't a good passing qb in college? TU had nobody to mentor him?
Logically, one would look at his success at the college level vs the pro level and conclude that in college he was just a big fish in a little pond and now he is just another fish in the big pond.
Of course thats just thinking logically and not as an avid ut fan.
Incidently if he played for Dallas, with the great offensive line, best receivers and tightend, I guarantee he would be Romo's backup.

DDBooger
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
TU had nobody to mentor him?

logically or as someone who doesn't like the University of Texas?:thinking: cause thinking logically, calling them "TU" means...:D
dude, you're beating it like a dead horse, past logic. so the kid isn't playing to expectation. only qb from that draft that is is, I guess Cutler? Not making excuses for him, but TXB is right about VY. He isn't a dink and dunk passer. Just not what he is.

bandera7
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM

This may be harsh, but cutting it to me would be making over single digits in the Wonderlic

bandera7
09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The same criticisms of Young were said in college. "He can't be accurate." "He'll never make it a the QB level in college." "He needs to switch to wide receiver." Blah, blah, blah.

McNabb only had a good receiver in TO, and that was for two years. He has still managed to put up good numbers and win an NFC championship without receivers.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Let me see if I got this straight. You two agree that its not vy fault for not being a good qb passer in the nfl; that its part the Titans fault since they didnt keep McNair around to mentor and teach vy how to be a good qb?
Now I heard it all. :rolleyes: Do they not have a qb coach at Tennesse, a NFL team?
Using that logic, was it Mack Browns fault that he wasn't a good passing qb in college? TU had nobody to mentor him?
Logically, one would look at his success at the college level vs the pro level and conclude that in college he was just a big fish in a little pond and now he is just another fish in the big pond.
Incidently if he played for Dallas, with the great offensive line, best receivers and tightend, I guarantee he would be Romo's backup.

I see now I am debating this with someone who is hates UT..see that UT ...Your wanting to turn everything a UT...there it is again UT... fan says around

I already said it isthe fault of BOTH Young and the Titans...and I gave ONE reason why I feel it is fault of Titans..Young is at fault because he allows everything bad said about him effect him, and he cannot do that.

So just because I am a UT..again...UT fan does not mean I feel Young escapes all blame but I am not going to put it all on him 100% whether I am a UT...again for you...UT fan

bandera7
09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
there comes a point where, either he produces for his team, or he doesnt. Its all on him. Teams dont draft players to make excuses for them. They draft them so that they will produce.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
there comes a point where, either he produces for his team, or he doesnt. Its all on him. Teams dont draft players to make excuses for them. They draft them so that they will produce.

But if a team does not provide that player with players around him to help him execute then he will fail..simple as that

and for all the talk..Young is still 18-11 and led Titans to a play-off berth

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
But if a team does not provide that player with players around him to help him execute then he will fail..simple as that

and for all the talk..Young is still 18-11 and led Titans to a play-off berth Vince's best receiver is a 3 on any other team for what its worth

bulldog64
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I agree with Goblue, not having a legit receiver is a problem. I will add though that he didn`t have any big time recievers while at UT. He had some nice recievers , but they aren`t making noise in the NFL yet. So what that tells me again is that he did it as much with his legs as he did with his arm. Trying to make him a drop back passer is..well, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but ............you know the rest" I know I could`nt resist though.

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I agree with Goblue, not having a legit receiver is a problem. I will add though that he didn`t have any big time recievers while at UT. He had some nice recievers , but they aren`t making noise in the NFL yet. So what that tells me again is that he did it as much with his legs as he did with his arm. Trying to make him a drop back passer is..well, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but ............you know the rest" I know I could`nt resist though. Limas is about the only one....he had good college receivers around him which helps on that level however he does not have good NFL receivers around him....

Eagle 1
09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Ok, so bad receivers make him a bad qb.
I get it now.
So remind, what good receivers does Brett Farve have at NY?:thinking:
Actually, what good receivers did he have at GB the past few years?:thinking:

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I get it now.
Actually, what good receivers did he have at GB the past few years?:thinking: Donald Driver, Donald Lee, Greg Jennings to name a few

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I get it now.

at NY he has Coles and Crothery or however u spell his name..the dude had 82 receptions and 1100 yards last year with three diff QBs

and once again..THAT IS NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM but is a factor

Eagle 1
09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Yea Driver went to the pro bowl last year, but not what I would call a good receiver.
Of course he probably have wouldnt been there had he played for the Titans.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Yea Driver went to the pro bowl last year, but not what I would call a good receiver.
Of course he probably have wouldnt been there had he played for the Titans.

yea I guess those 5 1000 yards years makes him just a "good" WR

Eagle 1
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
yea I guess those 5 1000 yards years makes him just a "good" WR
No more than the "bad" receivers make vy a "bad" qb.:p

buffalo2006
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Well I'm a Texan fan and am glad we picked Mario instead of VY...If you get booed, so what, McNabb got booed before he even took a snap in the NFL and it looks like he succeded... and a main reason he was good in college was the play makers around him, not to menton a very good line(Blaylock,Studdard)

Eagle 1
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
You need to read this article if you still think vy should stick to using his legs as a qb.

No one revolutionizes the starting quarterback position. The position revolutionizes the person playing it. Just ask Donovan McNabb. He figured it out and changed his game. Over the objection of idiots, McNabb developed his skills as a pocket passer. He concentrated on becoming a student of the game. If he can stay healthy over the next three or four years, McNabb will surpass Warren Moon as the best black quarterback ever to play the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8550254/Sad-to-say,-but-Young's-problems-were-predictable

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Well I'm a Texan fan and am glad we picked Mario instead of VY...If you get booed, so what, McNabb got booed before he even took a snap in the NFL and it looks like he succeded... and a main reason he was good in college was the play makers around him, not to menton a very good line(Blaylock,Studdard)

Mario over VY and Reggie Bush look to have been good decisions.

If you remember...the reason the Philly fans were booing the
McNabb pick was because they wanted the Eagles to draft
Ricky Williams out of UT instead.:doh:

Old Tiger
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Mario over VY and Reggie Bush look to have been good decisions.

If you remember...the reason the Philly fans were booing the
McNabb pick was because they wanted the Eagles to draft
Ricky Williams out of UT instead.:doh: reggie bush not so much....

Eagle 1
09-21-2008, 05:59 PM

and for all the talk..Young is still 18-11 and led Titans to a play-off berth

Passing____Att______ Cmp____ Yds_____ TDs

Kerry Collins___49______30______382_______ 2
Vince Young____22_____12______110________1

Kerry Collins don't seem to have a problem executing/winning with the players "around" him.:thinking:

rockdale80
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Passing____Att______ Cmp____ Yds_____ TDs

Kerry Collins___49______30______382_______ 2
Vince Young____22_____12______110________1

Kerry Collins don't seem to have a problem executing/winning with the players "around" him.:thinking:

The only flaw is who they were playing. It was Houston. And no, I am not defending VY. Amazing college QB, but doesnt have it in the pros, and may not ever.

Eagle 1
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
At 7-0, one has to wonder if vince young's knee will ever heal? :)

crzyjournalist03
10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
At 7-0, one has to wonder if vince young's knee will ever heal? :)

Young is healed right now. Coach Fisher has said on multiple occasions that as long as the Titans keep winning, Collins will be the quarterback.

Eagle 1
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Young is healed right now. Coach Fisher has said on multiple occasions that as long as the Titans keep winning, Collins will be the quarterback.

I just like hearing that from somebody besides Coach Fisher.:D

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1976/fishermanboatvt5.gif

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
so sad

Rocket
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
so sad

"That's not fayer" - T.O.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
"That's not fayer" - T.O. PERFECTION IS WHAT IT TAKES!

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
This may be harsh, but cutting it to me would be making over single digits in the Wonderlic

Boy, now there is a brilliant post. :rolleyes: So, "cutting it" to you is God-given intelligence? WOW!!!! And, I still want to know what P4S's definition of "cutting it" in the real world is. She was asked but never responded.:thinking:

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Boy, now there is a brilliant post. :rolleyes: So, "cutting it" to you is God-given intelligence? WOW!!!! And, I still want to know what P4S's definition of "cutting it" in the real world is. She was asked but never responded.:thinking: Huh?

nobogey72
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I get it now.

How many of your TT super-stat QB's have made it in the NFL? Or are even on a roster?

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: :1offtopc: :1offtopc: Don't make us take the "college" approach to the NFL.

pirate4state
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
How many of your TT super-stat QB's have made it in the NFL? Or are even on a roster? What does that have to do with anything? :vrycnfsd:

Don't take it there or this thread won't survive another TTT.

Sweetwater Red
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
How many of your TT super-stat QB's have made it in the NFL? Or are even on a roster?

About as many that have come out of U of H when they were
running the run and shoot. You know...David Klingler and
Andre Ware.:thinking: