PDA

View Full Version : Junior High Coaches

rholl
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Guys, my hats off to you!!!
I attended my first 7th grade football game (scrimmage) and wow....2 coaches handling over 100 kids, 2 seperate teams talk about nearly impossible.

kaorder1999
09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by rholl
Guys, my hats off to you!!!
I attended my first 7th grade football game (scrimmage) and wow....2 coaches handling over 100 kids, 2 seperate teams talk about nearly impossible.

hardest coaching job there is i think!

NastySlot
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
those guys always deserve a lot of credit....I was once talking to a guy from Massachusetts and he asked why high football and kids from Texas are so much farther along and know how to play the game so much better then kids from other states.....I told him the usual things...support, high school programs. coaches and population but I truely believe that the foundations given in the jr. highs are very important....esp. when they work with the high school programs..........and they usually have to fix the bad things the kids get from pee wee football....example it's not all about fast kid getting outside.....man how about following a block.....my hat goes off to the junior high coaches around the state....and esp. ours here.

rholl
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
KA...I think we'll be playing you guys this yr since we dropped to 3a (alvarado)

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
KA...I think we'll be playing you guys this yr since we dropped to 3a (alvarado) he coaches at dallas adamson i think...did you know?

kaorder1999
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
KA...I think we'll be playing you guys this yr since we dropped to 3a (alvarado)

yeah...yall are playing Crandall but Im not at Crandall anymore!

rholl
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
no just saw Kaufman

kaorder1999
09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
no just saw Kaufman

oh yeah....i still live there....I forgot yall would play Kaufman as well. I think you guys will do good in District...

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Many many kudos to all JH coaches. It can't be easy getting a bunch of 7th grade boys that have either played for their daddy's OR never played at all and teaching (or reteaching, if needed) them the basics. :clap: :clap:

Of course, you do find a lot of "experts" in the stands at that age, so that makes it interesting. ;)

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
basics being how to put pads in your pants? :D

NastySlot
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
basics being how to put pads in your pants? :D

i remember my jr. high coaching days....and putting pads in was always an experience.

GoPaStoners
09-10-2008, 11:49 PM
From a JH coach, Thank You.. Don't know if I deserve much kudos though.. I am simply doing what I enjoy doing.. I really enjoy watching the kids go from JH to the Friday Night game.. My thank you is to the kids, parents, and coaches who have helped me along the way..