PDA

View Full Version : 3A Final Four

Matthew328
03-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Dimmitt vs Kounzte

Gainesville vs Aransass Pass

sinfan75
03-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Seventh time in nine years that a team from 30-3A has represented region 4 in the state tournament.

Old Green
03-03-2002, 01:28 PM
I have to put my money on Aransas Pass . Any body that can put the clamps on Hempsteads high scoring offense is got to be in the drivers seat.

Jacket2000
03-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Gainesvile over Kountze in the finals.
Both semifinal games could get ugly.
J2K

Old Cardinal
03-03-2002, 03:54 PM
You folks just want give up- first it was Everman to win, now it is Gainesville over Kountze, in your opinion. I still think Kountze will win it all easily!

evebulldog01
03-03-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey Old Card no offense but whats the deal with you and Kountz. I mean there not that great Tatum beat them handly and If evrman wouldn't have thought we had the game won going into the final quarter we probably would have beat Tatum by 30 easily since we were leading by 22 at one point. Personaly I look for the winner to be either Gainsville since I think Region two was the toughest in basketball just like in football or Aransass Pass. I feel after watching the state title game in football that any school from region 4 shouldn't be underated. No ofense to anyone in region 4.

VWG
03-03-2002, 11:34 PM
I'll take Gainsville... they've got the experience and I think they have had a tougher road to the final 4.

Don't count Dimmit out too quickly though.
They are a town that isn't much on football but are always there in roundball.

Matthew328
03-04-2002, 08:27 AM
I don't think anyone is beating Gainesville this year...they have the experience of being at state the last 2 years and they have the talent...those 2 6'6 posts are gonna be too much for anyone...Kountze had thier tough game against Cleveland and they should roll over Dimmitt...Gainesville may have a tougher time with AP...but Gainesville should take it

sinfan75
03-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Well Matt if A-P can handle Hempsteads 6-10 and 6-6 guys they might be able to handle gainsvilles twin towers!Don't sell em short.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2002, 12:50 AM
AP and Gainsville sounds like a good game to watch.I wouldnt mine seeing AP win another one for 30-3a. GO Panthers , pirate fan backing ya'll up. i'll be there rooting for ya'll.

rsjmann
03-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Obviously nobody knows the tradition that Dimmitt has in basketball. They are never very tall but will shoot you out of the gym with the 3-ball. I know they choked last year at state but they have 4 starters returning a point guard that has put up 42, 37, 27, and 28 in the playoffs.

Side Note: Dimmitt and Nazareth (anybody heard of them???) are in Castro County with a county population of about 5,000-6,000 people. Castro County has sent a team to state the last 59 out of 60 years with 1999 being the missed year when Nazareth's starting five quit the team because of coaching problems. He was fired at the end of season.

Dimmitt may be an underdog, but I would bet on them anyday against anybody. Just ask Seminole a few years ago with Toby Shain and Chris Ogden. They had Dimmitt down by 24 going into the 4th in the Regional Quarterfinals. Dimmitt came back and won in triple OT.

GO Bobcats.

eye of the tiger
03-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Incredible record for Castro County. 59 out of the last 60 is impressive. Good luck to the Bobcats.

rsjmann
03-06-2002, 11:07 AM
If you get a chance this weekend you can watch the Nazareth boys try to match the Nazareth girls state title this year. The girls won their 16th state title out of 20 attempts. The 16 state titles is a national record for state titles by a public school.

Old Cardinal
03-06-2002, 12:56 PM
I would like to list my top five in the State in 3A basketball----Would you all please list yours-----(1) Kountze (2) Cleveland (3) Newton (4) Aransas Pass (5) Gainesville

SintonFan
03-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Go Panthers!!! Go 30-3A!!!
TAKE STATE!!!!

Old Green
03-08-2002, 07:26 AM
Gainesville 74
Aransas Pass 60
A Little Short ,but Aransas Pass You Did Great Representing yourself , your district, and region4. GREAT WORK!

rsjmann
03-08-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
I would like to list my top five in the State in 3A basketball----Would you all please list yours-----(1) Kountze (2) Cleveland (3) Newton (4) Aransas Pass (5) Gainesville

I do not know how you can pick a top five when there are the final four in Austin for the state title and leave Dimmitt out. It sounded like a darn good game against Kountze. I know it was a 2 point game with about a minute to go in the 3rd and stayed close the rest of the game. I give my congratulations to Kountze. I bet Dimmitt scared the kajeezers out of them for being such a small team. Congratulations on a stong season Dimmitt. Also Nazareth boys won their state title game. Nazareth now will have matching state trophies this year (boys and girls).

evebulldog01
03-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Old Card how is that you can have The top three teams all be from region 3. It has been my experience that of all the regions region three has turned out to ba flop all year long. For you to claim that Cleveland is better than Gainsville or Dimit is completly stupid. For you have to ranked Aransas Pass above Gainsville is also completly dumb since Gainsville beat Arnasas Pass yesterday. As for my own top 5 It would be I'll give you my top four since any of these teams that lost in the regional finals have a shot at being ranked number 5. So 1. Gainsville 2.Kountze 3.Aransas Pass 4. Dimit aLthough just like in the case of the regional final loosers Aransas pass and Dimit could go either way.

Old Cardinal
03-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Sorry to infuriate you; however, I just stated my opinion and asked others not to criticize- but to state who they really thought were the best in 3A Texas hoops. Obviously you disagree.....as to Region 3 being a "flop" I respectively disagree. Southeast Texas has two finalist- 3A Kountze and 4A Ozen-that doesn't sound like bad basketball to me!

evebulldog01
03-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Did not mean to come across as so hostile and I have to give region # some credit they have not been a completly flop in Basketball.

oldbuff78
03-08-2002, 03:39 PM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW LONG MATT GARRETT HAS BEEN THE COACH AT NAZARETH AND WHERE DID HE COME FROM?

rsjmann
03-14-2002, 06:47 PM
He wnet to Nazareth in 1999-2000 school year and has won the state championship every year. I think he came from somewhere like Commanche or Coleman but I am probably wrong. I heard he was looking elswhere for next season. Just a rumor though. He grew up in Lubbock.