PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Poll (9/8/08)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Conference 3A

1. Wimberley
2. Lucas Lovejoy
3. Bellville
4. Bonham
5. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
6. Columbus
7. Prosper
8. Bridge City
9. Groesbeck
10. Monahans
11. Liberty Hill
12. Wharton
13. Gatesville
14. Argyle
15. Texarkana Pleasant Grove
16. Aransas Pass
17. Palacios
18. Taylor
19. Carthage
20. Celina

Comments: Wimberley and Lovejoy are early favorite for a re-match in the state tournament as the defending champion Texans continue to hammer all but the top elite big schools behind the attacks of Katie Milam and Lovejoy pounds away looking for a re-match of the loss to Wimberley in the lady Texans tournament earlier in the season. Bellville beat 5A Katy Taylor 25-18, 25-22, 23-25, 21-25, 16-14 as Alexia Ignasiak had 28 kills and Alyssa Murphy added 15 kills. Bellville blasted Caldwell 25 - 8, 27-25, 25-23 as Ignasiak finished with 19 kills. Wharton is playing well beating Palacios but losing to Columbus en route to a 13-6 record. Argyle improve to 19-6 with a 3-1 in over Pilot Point while Prosper won the Argyle tournament beating Argyle 3-2, Aubrey 3-2, Celina 3-0 and Wichita Falls. Argyle improved to 20-6 with a win at Bowie 25-15, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20. Bonham swept 4A opponents Sherman and Greenville. Bellville beat both Wallis Brazos and East Bernard . Gatesville split with Groesbeck, losing in four games and beating Liberty Hill who then beat Groesbeck. Gatesville is 18-7 on the season.

http://www.austintgca.com/vball/poll.cfm

nunya
09-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Caldwell's volleyball team can kiss its season goodbye with all its recent losses. I think it's lost like 8 of its last 12 games and most recently to Taylor.

What a difference 10 years makes.

Reds fan
09-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Caldwell's volleyball team can kiss its season goodbye with all its recent losses. I think it's lost like 8 of its last 12 games and most recently to Taylor.

What a difference 10 years makes.

District play has not even started yet, they'll be fine. Tough early schedule will bear this out.

MN95
09-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Panther Mom, do you also have a daughter playing volleyball?

I do, my son is a sophomore on the football team and my daughter a freshman on the volleyball team.

Our volleyball team is very young. Only 3 seniors, and 3-4 freshman playing lots. I am surprised to see us ranked, but we have played a very tough schedule so far.

cshscougar08
09-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I knew a #3 preseason ranking was WAY too high for us this year. Especially with a new coach and losing Karlyn Meyers. We're experiencing some growing pains right now. It will be interesting to see how we fare in the new district. I'm betting on Gatesville winning district though.

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by MN95
Panther Mom, do you also have a daughter playing volleyball?

No, I don't...just sharing info. :)

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm a little surprised to see Aransas Pass on here, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
09-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Could be another magical year for Bellville. They have been playing a tough pre-district schedule and being very successful.

Daddy D 11
09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
My girlfriend is on the team!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Phil C
09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm a little surprised to see Aransas Pass on here, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. :thinking:

I wasn't surprised since the teenage terminator goes to school in Aransas Pass. Scary times indeed!

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wasn't surprised since the teenage terminator goes to school in Aransas Pass. Scary times indeed! True, but she isn't playing volleyball!

Phil C
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
True, but she isn't playing volleyball!

:eek: :(

trg
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Could be another magical year for Bellville. They have been playing a tough pre-district schedule and being very successful.

I wish our girls the best of luck through district and into the playoffs. Go Brahmanettes!!!!!!

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't expect the Wylie Bulldogs volleyball team to ranked, but it will be very interesting to see how they do in this their "FIRST" year of playing Varsity Volleyball. So far we have beaten just about every team in the Big Country including several 5A teams. I don't know if we've beaten Abilene High but we were competitive against them. The only match that they really seemed to overmatched was against Aledo in a tournament. So far I haven't seen anyone in our district that we shouldn't be able to play with. Best of Luck:)

K-MAC Chuck
09-10-2008, 06:06 PM
LHPM,
Thanks mucho for posting this.

I keep up with the poll...my pea-sized brain never THOUGHT to post it on the board! :thinking: :eek: :hairpunk:

mwynn05
09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I don't expect the Wylie Bulldogs volleyball team to ranked, but it will be very interesting to see how they do in this their "FIRST" year of playing Varsity Volleyball. So far we have beaten just about every team in the Big Country including several 5A teams. I don't know if we've beaten Abilene High but we were competitive against them. The only match that they really seemed to overmatched was against Aledo in a tournament. So far I haven't seen anyone in our district that we shouldn't be able to play with. Best of Luck:) how did wylie get away with out havein volleyball for so long with title IX and such? I know in Oklahoma volleyball isn't a hs sport not in the town my brother lives in any way

K-MAC Chuck
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
By the way..
it's interesting the Groesbeck is #9 and Liberty Hill is #11, considering Liberty Hill beat Groesbeck straight up in a dual match at Gatesville last week.. :thinking:

BigCT4
09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Wharton Lost to Edna on tuesday with prolly the worst officiation that i have ever seen in my life!!! Besides the lady tigers didnt come out and play with the intensity that they have been playing with lately the refs helped out with some bad calls this was almost as worst as how the refs attack the wharton girls basketball team.

Swarm 51
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Gatesville girls upset 4A Temple last night. Temple has some good talent, but the Lady Hornets played lights out volleyball.