PDA

View Full Version : Waco La Vega vs. Abilene Wylie

Modoc
09-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Not that I'm overlooking Dallas Roosevelt, but I have been ready for the Abilene Wylie game for months.

I think we will keep on rolling. Win or lose, two good teams get to play each other to prepare for the season. Great scheduling by both sides.

La Vega - 28
Abilene Wylie - 17

JR2004
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Modoc
Not that I'm overlooking Dallas Roosevelt, but I have been ready for the Abilene Wylie game for months.

I think we will keep on rolling. Win or lose, two good teams get to play each other to prepare for the season. Great scheduling by both sides.

La Vega - 28
Abilene Wylie - 17

You are overlooking Roosevelt...

Then again you have every reason to.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2008, 07:07 AM
A Modoc from China Spring ....that is like oil and water.

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 07:20 AM
If this thread is still around after we play Frenship this Friday then I will have a better feel. I know that La Vega will be fired up to come in here and spoil our Homecoming. The way our scheduling fell this year, there was no other choice for homecoming. It was either going to be La Vega or a district game (which will never happen). Last year our Homecoming was Wimberly, which we were forturnate enough to catch Wimberly at less than their best. I'll stop at a Whataburger on the way to Lubbock Friday and see if I can get a better feel for the matchup. I think I'll have a double/double with extra mustard and no buns, and cut the cheese.:D

garciap77
09-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Wylie 21
La Vega 14

Looking4number8
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I have not seen Wylie play this year but they sure did give Liberty Hill all they could handle and La Vega gave us (Brownwood) more than we could handle. I hope Wylie wins it cause I will always cheer for our district but if La Vega plays Wylie like they did us in the 2nd half... gotta go with La Vega for the win

Go Wylie, come out early and put La Vega down ... win one for the gipper

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 08:25 AM
What happened with the RB that was arrested a couple of weeks ago. Is he actually playing and did he play against Brownwood?

Looking4number8
09-10-2008, 08:27 AM
He did not play. La Vega never broke any really large runs agianst us, they did not need to. They just shoved it 6 or 7 yard a carry down our throat. La Vega is good without him.. scary as H#$% with him I recon

cshscougar08
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
La Vega is good without him.. scary as H#$% with him I recon

Uh-huh

trojan37
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
What happened with the RB that was arrested a couple of weeks ago. Is he actually playing and did he play against Brownwood?

When the article ran in the Waco paper about Parr there were a lot of negative remarks about the whole situation, especially if the coach were to let him come back and play. I don't think you will see him the rest of the year.

cshscougar08
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Do you know if he's even out yet? I haven't seen anything on the Trib's website or anywhere else for that matter.

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
He did not play. La Vega never broke any really large runs agianst us, they did not need to. They just shoved it 6 or 7 yard a carry down our throat. La Vega is good without him.. scary as H#$% with him I recon

Didn't we just get through playing a team like this (LH!:D ). Please tell me Waco LV will at least throw one or more passes in a game:D . Liberty Hill called two pass plays but the QB ran it on both of them, so officially zero pass attempts.

Old Tiger
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
La Vega is bigger and faster than LH so I will take them 35-13

RMAC
09-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
If this thread is still around after we play Frenship this Friday then I will have a better feel. I know that La Vega will be fired up to come in here and spoil our Homecoming. The way our scheduling fell this year, there was no other choice for homecoming. It was either going to be La Vega or a district game (which will never happen). Last year our Homecoming was Wimberly, which we were forturnate enough to catch Wimberly at less than their best. I'll stop at a Whataburger on the way to Lubbock Friday and see if I can get a better feel for the matchup. I think I'll have a double/double with extra mustard and no buns, and cut the cheese.:D What about when Wylie used to play Merkel for homecoming??? Wait...that wasn't really a district game either.

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
What about when Wylie used to play Merkel for homecoming??? Wait...that wasn't really a district game either. There are exceptions to every rule you know:D :2thumbsup

Dominicfrank
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Wylie is playing a heck of a pre district schedule. Vernon, Liberty Hill, now Waco LAVega. Dang !! That on top of a hard district. Graham being bad this year doenst make it as hard as we all thought but it wont be easy.

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Wylie is playing a heck of a pre district schedule. Vernon, Liberty Hill, now Waco LAVega. Dang !! That on top of a hard district. Graham being bad this year doenst make it as hard as we all thought but it wont be easy.

And you left off 4A state ranked Frenship and perinial power and now 4A Canyon :D

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Not to be the bearer of bad news but another website has Frenship
picked to win by 13.:(

Actually the only two teams in our district they have picked to
win are Snyder and Breckenridge and neither of them by much.:eek:

Rocket
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I will say what happened Friday night against Brownwood was mysterious. It was as close as any team will get to a perfect half of football. I don't think they can pull that off every week and I do believe if Brownwood gets them deep in the playoffs it will be a much closer game. With that said, Wylie, you better not turn the ball over and you better score when you have it. I know LH is good, but from what I am reading and hearing, MODOC has a slight edge on LH just because of all of the talent they brought back this season and the speed, and good coaching and gameplan (execution factor, minimal penalties, and no turnovers).

MODOC did what any team has to do to beat Brownwood, keep the offense off of the field and score when you have the ball.

markp08
09-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I was at the Wylie-Liberty Hill game last Friday. Things could have been A LOT different if Wylie isn't stopped on 4th and goal from the 1 midway in the 2nd quarter. That alone didn't kill Wylie. Wylie stopped LH on the ensuing drive after the 4th and goal stop and forced a punt. If we don't throw the interception deep in our own territory on the next drive and give LH a chance to score right before half to make it 21-7 (instead of 14-14) then Wylie has a lot better shot of winning.

Wylie out scores LH in the second half 18 to 7. If we're tied or down by seven (instead of 14) at half Wylie wins last week's game.

All that to say I think Wylie found some rythm in the 2nd half of the LH game and will be improving even more this week and for Waco Lavega! What I saw in the 2nd half last week was more what I expect from Wylie late in the season. There was a lot of maturing done in that game.

And PLEASE Liberty Hill fans....don't take that as a slam against you. You won the game fair and square and made the plays when you had to...no doubt. But, you also know it was more close than you liked. :D

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I will say what happened Friday night against Brownwood was mysterious. It was as close as any team will get to a perfect half of football. I don't think they can pull that off every week and I do believe if Brownwood gets them deep in the playoffs it will be a much closer game. With that said, Wylie, you better not turn the ball over and you better score when you have it. I know LH is good, but from what I am reading and hearing, MODOC has a slight edge on LH just because of all of the talent they brought back this season and the speed, and good coaching and gameplan (execution factor, minimal penalties, and no turnovers).

MODOC did what any team has to do to beat Brownwood, keep the offense off of the field and score when you have the ball.

I admit it, I"M STUPID. But, will somebody tell me what MODOC is, or means or whatever?:confused:

cshscougar08
09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I admit it, I"M STUPID. But, will somebody tell me what MODOC is, or means or whatever?:confused:

It's a land pirate. Not one that sails around in a boat, but just one that plunders and such on land.

Looking4number8
09-10-2008, 05:00 PM

Thank you... I have been dying to ask that too

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
It's a land pirate. Not one that sails around in a boat, but just one that plunders and such on land.

I still don't get it.:confused: Is La Vega's mascot the MODOCS?

LHexPlayer
09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I still don't get it.:confused: Is La Vega's mascot the MODOCS?

They are the Pirates. But they say MODOC kinda like Permian says MOJO. But MODOC is a land pirate, so it fits their theme. I guess it fits since they are pirates that are not on the water or even near the water.

JR2004
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
They are the Pirates. But they say MODOC kinda like Permian says MOJO. But MODOC is a land pirate, so it fits their theme. I guess it fits since they are pirates that are not on the water or even near the water.

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

The Land Pirates will be coming to visit West Texas again shortly. Hide the women and children! :)

JR2004
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM

He is still in jail and will not be allowed back on the team. When he was there they scored from very long distances very fast. NOT at all like they have exhibited this year. They beat us by 30 points in district last year and we had almost twice the ToP. They will throw the ball. The QB threw for about 1,600 yards last year with a 64% completion rate and they have plenty of speed to burn at WR.

Believe it or not you can play keep away from them too.Even when with a spread passing team.

pirate4state
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

:spitlol: :spitlol: I'm sorry.....I just found this funny! Maybe I need to stop making up voices in my head when I read Rocket's posts. :eek:

Good luck Wylie!