PDA

View Full Version : Freaudian Slip?

BobcatBenny
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Are there any psychologists here that can shed any light on this subject?

:(

Trashman
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm not a psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:D

A Freudian slip, or parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is believed to be caused by the unconscious mind.

Some errors, such as a man accidentally calling his wife by the name of another woman, seem to represent relatively clear cases of Freudian slips. In other cases, the error might appear to be trivial or bizarre, but may show some deeper meaning on analysis. As a common pun goes, "A Freudian slip is like saying one thing, but meaning your mother." A Freudian slip is not limited to a slip of the tongue, or to sexual desires. It can extend to our word perception where we might read a word incorrectly because of our fixations. It is important to note that these slips are semi-conscious. This is to say that these thoughts are consciously repressed and then unconsciously released. This is unlike true Freudian repression, which is the unconscious act of making something conscious.

:nerd:

sinton66
09-09-2008, 07:25 PM
It's just mumbo-jumbo some people pay BIG bucks to hear. Those of us who are normally adjusted to life have no need what-so-ever of this stuff.:D

Trashman
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
you mean people make money serving up this mumbo jumbo? Benny my bill is $125.00!:D

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Some errors, such as a man accidentally calling his wife by the name of another woman, seem to represent relatively clear cases of Freudian slips.
:nerd:
And if that's your Freaudian slip, Benny, pack your bags & kick the dog out of his house. You'll be staying there awhile. :doh:

I'm a little pricier than Trashman - your $250 bill is in the mail. :devil:

BobcatBenny
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, its not that bad.

I was doing an interview the other day with garciap77 and he was asking me about nobogey72 not having acussed me of being a Celina homer.

"You're absolutely right that nobogey72 has not talked about my Celina homerism," I said, before being corrected by garciap77 with, "You mean 3A High School Football Fan?"

garciap77 did not give me enough time to self correct.

Now, everyone on the 3ADownLow thinks I actually am a "Celina Homer"! :( When in reality I am just a "Fan of 3A High School Football". All the posters claim I made a Freaudian slip and let the truth about my Celina Homerism out of the bag. :doh:

I think it is a plot by the Liberty Hill faithful to spread false rumors about old BobcatBenny! :mad:

Trashman
09-09-2008, 09:52 PM
........and what is wrong with being a HOMER!!!!!!!:D

BobcatBenny
09-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
........and what is wrong with being a HOMER!!!!!!!:D
This thread was really some of my best and most obscure shtick ever! Mixed with a good dose of 3ADL rule loop hole-age! :D

warpig
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I thought for a minute there that Sigmund Freud was a cross dresser and that he got caught wearing a slip.

waterboy
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
:thinking: Wasn't Freud fixated on his own mother? I don't know about y'all, but I think Freud was a weirdo. Someone ELSE'S mother I can see but ....... When I found out about Freud's theories while taking Psychology in college I just couldn't take his theories seriously. I still aced the course, though.:D

Trashman
09-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
This thread was really some of my best and most obscure shtick ever! Mixed with a good dose of 3ADL rule loop hole-age! :D

It was so obscure; it was non-existant.:D