PDA

View Full Version : South Texas/Coastal Bend folks (IKE)

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
If any of you are planning to evacuate, and are having trouble finding available motel/hotel/lodging, wimbo_pro had made reservations at a hotel in Wimberley for family members in Houston, just in case Ike made landfall there. The reservations are from Thursday through Monday. He will need to let the rooms go by Thursday, so if you are in need of a place to stay, please send him a pm.

All updates on the situation can be found on this thread in the "non-sports" forum.

IKE thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=85626)

Thanks, wimpy, for passing this on. :kiss:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
are cats allowed ? i'll be bring our cat.

wimbo_pro
09-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
are cats allowed ? i'll be bring our cat.

As long as its not a panther. BTW, Wimberley plays Friday night here at home!

Gsquared
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Does this offer apply to a guy who is wanting to get away from a nagging girl for a coupla days?

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Does this offer apply to a guy who is wanting to get away from a nagging girl for a coupla days?

It ESPECIALLY applies to a fellow dude in need of a nag-free weekend. Bring the beer, I'll bring the pizza.

NastySlot
09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
As long as its not a panther. BTW, Wimberley plays Friday night here at home!

I thought I saw on another board...wimberley and lavernia moved their game up a day.

Gsquared
09-10-2008, 01:59 PM
It ESPECIALLY applies to a fellow dude in need of a nag-free weekend. Bring the beer, I'll bring the pizza.
Woo hoo! Its on! BTW, last Wimberly game I went to was Liberty Hill at Wimberly two yrs ago, I slept in my car in the parking lot at the stadium. Good times indeed.

Buccaneer
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Wimberely is probably not the best place to evacuate to. After Ike makes landfall it is expected to turn Northeast. They were predicting it would head to San Antonio. And inland there always seem to be more tornadic activity during a hurricane. I would head west to Laredo. Do you have any reservations in Boy's Town in Nuevo Laredo?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
My employer Toshiba was giving us employees free hotel rooms for family in SA, but the catch was i had to work and on Saturday at time and half :doh:. that is crazy putting the evacuatees to work:crazy:

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Wimberely is probably not the best place to evacuate to. After Ike makes landfall it is expected to turn Northeast. They were predicting it would head to San Antonio. And inland there always seem to be more tornadic activity during a hurricane. I would head west to Laredo. Do you have any reservations in Boy's Town in Nuevo Laredo?

Buccaneer makes a valid and well-thought-out point. He has summed up our risks and our options in one timely post. I salute you for your wisdom, my friend Bucaneer. I agree with the Boystown hiatus completely.

However, my wife thinks you are a pervert and will not allow me to go to Boystown with you or anywhere else that you might suggest. She now questions my participating on this board.

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Buccaneer makes a valid and well-thought-out point. He has summed up our risks and our options in one timely post. I salute you for your wisdom, my friend Bucaneer. I agree with the Boystown hiatus completely.

However, my wife thinks you are a pervert and will not allow me to go to Boystown with you or anywhere else that you might suggest. She now questions my participating on this board.
She should be reading G2's posts if Buc concerns her. :eek: :eek:

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
She should be reading G2's posts if Buc concerns her. :eek: :eek:

sshhhhhhhhhhh

sinton66
09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Most of the computer models are showing paths up the coast from Corpus, from Port Lavaca all the way to western La. Best guesses are from Port Lavaca to Houston/Galveston. Predictions are saying Austin/ Round Rock and east are in for it probably late Saturday night/early Sunday. They are expecting this storm to spawn a lot of tornadic activity over land.

The Houston relatives may actually need reservations, but it would be better if they were in San Angelo or Laredo.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Most of the computer models are showing paths up the coast from Corpus, from Port Lavaca all the way to western La. Best guesses are from Port Lavaca to Houston/Galveston. Predictions are saying Austin/ Round Rock and east are in for it probably late Saturday night/early Sunday. They are expecting this storm to spawn a lot of tornadic activity over land.

The Houston relatives may actually need reservations, but it would be better if they were in San Angelo or Laredo.

Or maybe Louisiana!

Buccaneer
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I believe Ike is a 3A fan and will visit Palacios!

Administrator
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I imagine that since the UT/Ark game has been postponed, there will be quite a few rooms become available in the Austin area starting probably tomorrow.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Administrator
I imagine that since the UT/Ark game has been postponed, there will be quite a few rooms become available in the Austin area starting probably tomorrow.

Good point.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 10:33 AM
The rooms have now been taken by my family/friends from the Houston area. Though it has been quite a ride, it turns out I was right about needing the rooms afterall!!! They are no longer laughing at me for getting the rooms last Monday. I will make them buy dinner.