PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs. Burkburnett

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
How good is Argyle this year? I thought they would handel Burk. Wasn't at the game - other that the score, how did Argyle look?

Bullaholic
09-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Haven't seen this year's Argyle, but in the past they have been very good. JJ Harp piled up a lot of passing stats at QB a couple of seasons ago, and I think this year's Argyle QB is doing likewise. They run a very similar spread Offense to the Bulls. Their coach and Coach Henson were both assistants at FM Marcus under Que Brittain.

Burk is going to skin a few noggins this season---I just hope the Bulls ain't one of em'....

VWG
09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Burk is solid. They have a good group of kids that got playing time last year. Barnes, Beach, Gould.... all good players.
They run a mid-line veer offense and come right at you.
I think in the Argyle game they had at least 4 INT's, but I don't know how much that was due to Argyle breaking in new QB's.

One thing was for sure. Burk dominated Argyle in this game. The score was only 26-14 but Burk was never threatened.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Argyle will face another grind it out style running team in Vernon. The Lions run the wing T and will try and confuse the defense with false keys etc. I love to watch the wing T when it is run well. Although the Lions did throw it for over 100 yards last game that is an exception and I don't expect them to do that unless there are 10 in the box.

The Lions have youth in teh secondary but from teh past two weeks it seems as if these new players are stepping up.

Generally the Lions have a lot of athletic talent and team speed. Although I have only listened to the game on the radio and not seem them play in person I understand that the Lions are smaller up front than in years past. The line will rely on quick blocks and speed to pull.

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Good info. So I take it that Burk might be up this year, but Arglye is down a bit?