PDA

View Full Version : Titans asked police help to find 'emotionally down' Vince Young

kepdawg
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Let the bashing begin. :(

Titans asked police help to find 'emotionally down' Vince Young

12:01 PM CDT on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Vince Young is awaiting an MRI exam on his sprained left knee Tuesday, hours after the Tennessee Titans sought police help in finding the quarterback the team described as "emotionally down."

Young left his home around 7 Monday night without a phone, prompting the Titans to call Nashville police for help. The team got a message to Young through a friend, and the quarterback met with coach Jeff Fisher and police at team headquarters around 11:30 p.m. Police spokesman Don Aaron said Young drove himself home about 30 minutes later.

The story first was reported by WKRN-TV.

"Ultimately, it appears the initial concerns about his emotional state were unfounded," Aaron said Tuesday. "But no one actually knew that until he was spoken to face to face."

Aaron also said Young had an unloaded handgun in the glovebox of his car. Tennessee law permits unloaded firearms in vehicles as long as no ammunition is present.

Young hurt his knee late in Sunday's 17-10 win over Jacksonville and was booed heavily by fans.

"Given the totality of the circumstances, the fact that Young had been emotionally down all day Coach Fisher contacted the police department and asked for help in finding him to check on his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

The Titans said people close to Young called the team Monday night, concerned about his state of mind when he left his home.

"He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded, and he returned home without incident," the Titans said in a statement.

Young's MRI exam was rescheduled for Tuesday from Monday with no explanation.

kaorder1999
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah...i was reading that eariler. Apparantly the guy has some serious emotional probs right now that made Fischer react the way he did. kind of sad.

pirate4state
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Depression/"emotional problems" is a terrible thing to live with and around. :(

Unless you've experienced it there is no way for people to understand what it does to the person and the people that love them.

It really is sad and if he does have emotional problems, he should get some help.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
On ESPN they said he left the game Sunday and didn't want to
go back in. He got hurt five plays later.

jason
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
he misses the girls that UT had to offer.....

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
On ESPN they said he left the game Sunday and didn't want to
go back in. He got hurt five plays later.

actually they said there was confusion, Fisher said his hammy was causing him problems for whatever the worth in that statement is

basically at UT when there were problems, Mack reached out to Young, changed some of how he coaches and connected with Young

that is all grand and great, but in the NFL rarely works out that way. Young is a player that allows the bad plays to bother him more than the good plays and right now he does not have control over his emotions and feelings. He needs to find the help he can to do just that

Johnny Utah
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
It is amazing how much pressure is on these people, and it is JUST A GAME!!! Hope he gets some help.

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
It is amazing how much pressure is on these people, and it is JUST A GAME!!! Hope he gets some help.

It stopped being just a game a long time ago

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It stopped being just a game a long time ago x2

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I just looked to see who had Tom Brady in our Co. FFBL. You'll
never guess who his back up QB is.:doh:

Johnny Utah
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
In the big scheme of things....it is just a game and we should leave it at that. Our society has put the emphasis on the greatness of sporting events.....and its players.....we should get back down to earth on a few of these issues. JMO. You can say what you want but it is just a game and this guy is having some problems due to it. Sad situation.

DDBooger
09-09-2008, 04:04 PM
In the big scheme of things....it is just a game and we should leave it at that. Our society has put the emphasis on the greatness of sporting events.....and its players.....we should get back down to earth on a few of these issues. JMO. You can say what you want but it is just a game and this guy is having some problems due to it. Sad situation. its a game at the college and hs level. but with the amount of money riding on these players through contracts, endorsements etc, its a job, and I don't need to tell anyone on here that jobs ARE STRESSFULL!! hope he's alright.

Johnny Utah
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree on the money thing, society again! We need to pay teachers, fireman, and police officers more! Okay, done with my rants. Everyone have a great day and GO TIGERS!!!

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
its a game at the college and hs level. but with the amount of money riding on these players through contracts, endorsements etc, its a job, and I don't need to tell anyone on here that jobs ARE STRESSFULL!! hope he's alright. its really not a game on any level except pee wee and junior high....it's all becoming a business

JR2004
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I just looked to see who had Tom Brady in our Co. FFBL. You'll
never guess who his back up QB is.:doh:

ROFL...The same thing happened in the 3ADL league this week. The team I played had Brady and his back-up was Vince...lol. What a week!

IHStangFan
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Anything about the whole Vince Young ordeal on the board today? Are the Vince/UT lovers yanking them down as soon as they're put up? :D ;)

Talk radio won't leave that topic alone today.....quite honestly I'm tired of hearing about it!

DDBooger
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
.....quite honestly I'm tired of hearing about it! you just brought it up?:thinking: :cool: ;)

kepdawg
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Anything about the whole Vince Young ordeal on the board today? Are the Vince/UT lovers yanking them down as soon as they're put up? :D ;)

Talk radio won't leave that topic alone today.....quite honestly I'm tired of hearing about it!

Just look down the page...:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85996

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
ROFL...The same thing happened in the 3ADL league this week. The team I played had Brady and his back-up was Vince...lol. What a week!

The same guy won our league last year. I don't think he's going
to repeat.:devil:

espn1
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
It is amazing how much pressure is on these people, and it is JUST A GAME!!! Hope he gets some help. It's Biness Baby!

gobbler grad
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

eagles_victory
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
actually they said there was confusion, Fisher said his hammy was causing him problems for whatever the worth in that statement is

That is what the Titans are saying but from what I heard the other people around the situation and other people in the stadium are saying that he didn't want to go back in the game.