PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this week's Region 2 games

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Division I
Gainesville-Atlanta: if you like speed Richardson is the place to be this week..these 2 rivals in track haven't met on the gridiron in a while though..both teams feature excellent RB's...LJ Searcy for Gainesville and Fred Washington for Atlanta who had 2 96 yd TD runs en route to a 286 yard performance last week..I think Atlanta may have a slight edge due to a better supporting cast..but that edge may be negated as Atlanta has a LONG trip to make..I'll still take the Rabbits by 3..

Forney-Carthage: Forney is playing as well as any 3A team in the state...the Jackrabbits only loss was to 10-1 4A Aledo who is still in the playoffs in 4A...Baylen Laury has really come on for the Jackrabbits running the ball and Caleb Hanie gives the Jackrabbits a threat becuase of his accurate arm..Carthage struggled at the beginning of the year but the Bulldogs have turned it around..Justin Goolsby is one of the more underrated LB's in East Texas and the Bulldogs have a couple of speedy backs capable of breaking big plays..I still like Forney by 15

Division II
Celina-Daingerfield: what a matchup here..these 2 teams are eerily similar, both well coached and tradition rich...however Daingerfield has an adavantage in the speed department and that is where I feel like they can end the Celina's winning streak..Nick Wallace, Jermaine Mitchell and Montern Mims form a potent 3 some..Mims is the bruiser, Mitchell is the burner and Wallace is a combo of both..QB McFarlin is as steady as they come at QB...Celina stepped up and made big plays in their one scare of the year against Gainesville..Sharrock is a chain mover and gets big yards when the Bobcats need em most and Ross Roby is capable of making a big play on either side of the ball..but in the end I don't think Daingerfield will beat themselves and I think they get a win in an absolute WAR...Daingerfield by 5

Wilmer-Hutchins-Rusk: both teams had easy Rd 1 wins..now things get tougher..Rusk is one of the most physically talented teams in East Texas..they are always blessed with a number of good athletes so they will be able to match up quite well with Hutch and the speed they posess...I look for a shootout in Athens but I think Hutch gets a close win..Hutch by 7

Commerce-New Boston: how bout this matchup? No one is talking much about it..10-1 playoff newcomer New Boston taking on 9-2 playoff regular Commerce..both have stud backs in Hines for Commerce and Dorsey for NB...New Boston got off to a red hot start but they haven't played well the last few weeks..Commerce was on a roll but they had the fight of their lives last week against a game and well prepared Pilot Point bunch..I look for both these teams to come out fired up and on top of their games...they appear to be evenly matched except in one critical area..playoff experiece and that lies with Commerce and I think they pull it out late..Commerce by 3

Crandall-Spring Hill: Crandall breezed past Brownsboro in Rd 1 QB Tienert had 100 yards rushing and was perfect in the air to lead the Pirates..Spring Hill was given a scare in Rd 1 but prevailed...I don't know if Crandall can stop Thomas of SH..if they can they have a shot if not Spring Hill will move on...I like Spring Hill by 10

Old Cardinal
11-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Good analogy Matt. I do think that both Carthage and Forney are head-and-shoulder better Teams than either Gainesville or Atlanta. Matt, will you be able to make any of the Div III Playoff games this year?

Keith7
11-19-2002, 08:10 PM
you disssappoint me Matthew.. a few changes need to be made..
1. Gainesville will win
2. Celina will win by 11
3. and the Commerce - New Boston, Commerce will win by more then 15

cecilsav
11-20-2002, 01:36 PM
I love how you broke down those games! It's nice to see someone who is has good information and is nit just rash talking. I hope you are right about the Commerce game.

cecilsav
11-20-2002, 01:38 PM
I love how you broke down those games! It's nice to see someone who has good information and is not just trash talking. I hope you are right about the Commerce game.

sprinklerman
11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
I hope u r right about the Commerce/NB game. Also I hope that the close game they had friday nite will wake up the team and be prepared for NB.

Rabbit'93
11-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Not bad Matthew....Here's how I see it shaping up.

Div I
Gainsville-Atlanta(7) Gainsville has all the talent in the world but can't seem to pull out the big game.

(14)Forney-Carthage Forney's O/D lines are playing outstanding football. They will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Creating an all bunny Regional final.

Div II
Celina-Daingerfield(10) Speed kills. Celina proved by beating Gainsville that they could hang with the big boys. Daingerfield is everything that Gainsville is but more diciplined and better coached.

Hutch-Rusk(13) Hutch has excellent athletes but lacks the character to succeed in the playoffs. Rusk plays physical, wear you down ball. Hutch cannot take a pounding. Look at the Forney game.

(7)Commerce-New Boston Commerce always steps it up in the playoffs and anyone would be a fool to go against them. After last week I believe they are awake and prepared.

(7)Crandall-L Spring Hill My upset special for the week. I don't have any good reason why I just figured I would put one in.

I'm not an expert I just know what i read and hear. so please feel free to disagree, it makes for better conversation. good luck to all this week.

Rabbit'93
11-23-2002, 09:39 AM
Man so far I'm 3-3 :p