PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Brownwood....

michaelp23
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
.....looks like a lot of you will be standing when you play at Wylie this year. They've decided not to expand the visitors bleachers until after the last home game of the season. Now they say work will begin on Nov. 10 and all work will be done by July 31, 2009.

Good news is that next time you come, there will be new visitors locker rooms and plenty of seats......

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/sep/08/wylie-oks-stadium-contractor/

Rocket
09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
.....looks like a lot of you will be standing when you play at Wylie this year. They've decided not to expand the visitors bleachers until after the last home game of the season. Now they say work will begin on Nov. 10 and all work will be done by July 31, 2009.

Good news is that next time you come, there will be new visitors locker rooms and plenty of seats......

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/sep/08/wylie-oks-stadium-contractor/

This is going to be a HUGE game... how come they won't move it to Shotwell on Saturday afternoon? Both schools would make a ton of money...

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
This is going to be a HUGE game... how come they won't move it to Shotwell on Saturday afternoon? Both schools would make a ton of money...

Of all the dumb things you have said so far, this has to be the dumbest suggestion I've ever heard. Sure, lets give up the concessions for one of our 5 home games, and our home field, so that Brownwood fans will be more comfortable. Just bring a lawn chair and be quiet. Actually I don't think ya'll can fill our visitors side anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

STANG RED

And miss a chance to show off their new artificial turf with it's shiney new Bulldog in the center??? Not on your life buddy.
Besides the money from the gate will be same either way. Just most will be standing at Bulldog Stadium.
If you've never been there, go to the very top for the best veiw.

ronwx5x

Now Rocket, think about this. A home game with the visiting crowd being uncomfortable vs. playing Brownwood at a neutral site so the visitors can be more at home. Do you really believe they would even consider it?

Looking4number8
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Oh well, at least your field will be good for the boys to play on. Thats better than nice stands and a field like Waco Midway had last year. I swear the crown on that field was 6 or 7 foot. Never seen anything else like it.

RedWhiteBlue
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Of all the dumb things you have said so far, this has to be the dumbest suggestion I've ever heard. Sure, lets give up the concessions for one of our 5 home games, and our home field, so that Brownwood fans will be more comfortable. Just bring a lawn chair and be quiet. Actually I don't think ya'll can fill our visitors side anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow... didn't we play you guys at Shotwell 2 years ago? I guess the District implications are alot different. Wasn't trying to be a punk... Either way, it will be a good game. I don't mind standing.

Geesh.... you act like my suggestion was unheard of...

Ranger Mom
09-09-2008, 11:02 AM

I really didn't think y'alls visitor side was all that small!! I don't think our home side is much bigger....if any!!:eek: :eek:

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow... didn't we play you guys at Shotwell 2 years ago? I guess the District implications are alot different. Wasn't trying to be a punk... Either way, it will be a good game. I don't mind standing.

Yeah, but that was the "Champions Classic" at Shotwell. Ya'll were supposed to reciprocate the next year and play it at Shotwell again. That way both teams would be giving up a home game. Didn't happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We came to Brownwood. Imagine that. But, yeah it's a little different when it's a district game.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I really didn't think y'alls visitor side was all that small!! I don't think our home side is much bigger....if any!!:eek: :eek:

Ya'lls stadium reminds of the movie with a baseball stadium
in the middle of a corn field. I drove right by it the first time I
went there.:D

Rocket
09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah, but that was the "Champions Classic" at Shotwell. Ya'll were supposed to reciprocate the next year and play it at Shotwell again. That way both teams would be giving up a home game. Didn't happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We came to Brownwood. Imagine that. But, yeah it's a little different when it's a district game.

Oh ok..gotcha...So there is some animosity there toward Brownwood and playing at home and concession wars..I was wondering where all the hate came from..dang!

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh ok..gotcha...So there is some animosity there toward Brownwood and playing at home and concession wars..I was wondering where all the hate came from..dang!
I don't see any Hate there, but I think the Wylie community as a whole was not excatly pleased when we gave up a HOME game to accomadate Brownwoods request and then the favor was not returned the next year and we had to come to Brownwood. Brownwood made money playing "AT" Wylie and Wylie lost money play "AT" Brownwood. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

Rocket
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I don't see any Hate there, but I think the Wylie community as a whole was not excatly pleased when we gave up a HOME game to accomadate Brownwoods request and then the favor was not returned the next year and we had to come to Brownwood. Brownwood made money playing "AT" Wylie and Wylie lost money play "AT" Brownwood. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

So who agreed to it? Sandifer? Yeah, Freeman owns Sandifer.. LOL jk

They are long tiime buds...

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Geesh.... you act like my suggestion was unheard of...

For a district game, uh.... yeah I think it would be pretty much unheard of. Just leave your band at home and there should be plenty of room. If you are fairly limber you can shimmy up on top of the visitor's press box and have the best seat in the house. That's where my wife used to sit, that is until she put on a few, and they banned her, after she crashed through the roof and landed on Brady's off. coord. They scuffled for a minute but nobody got hurt.........very bad. I heard later that the Brady Booster Club paid to have some false teeth put in for him.:inlove:

Rocket
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
LOL...funny.

Yeah I guess it was unheard of. I didn't realize our game was a kickoff classic type game the first time we played there and I don't always think in terms of concessions. Good points.. oh and the home field advantage is important in district...right on.

garciap77
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Our vistors side is big enough for your fans now that you are 3A!

See:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_9827.jpg

;)

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM

How come you can "Jack" all in the name of fun, but when someone "Jacks Back" then it is considered animosity? The ol' phrase " Can dish it out but can't take it" comes to mind.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
How come you can "Jack" all in the name of fun, but when someone "Jacks Back" then it is considered animosity? The ol' phrase " Can dish it out but can't take it" comes to mind.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are you serious? I think I have taken plenty the last few days and I didn't fire back (in the name of fun)... All I said was you guys are mad at Brownwood because of what happened a couple of years ago and you have a right to be, and when I made my suggestion then boom... it's all good, man.. Sorry my butt is a little sensitive from the last few days...

We'll come to town and whip your butt...and yeah your stands should be just right to watch it happen... ;)

garciap77
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Are you serious? I think I have taken plenty the last few days and I didn't fire back (in the name of fun)... All I said was you guys are mad at Brownwood because of what happened a couple of years ago and you have a right to be, and when I made my suggestion then boom... it's all good, man.. Sorry my butt is a little sensitive from the last few days...

We'll come to town and whip your butt...and yeah your stands should be just right to watch it happen... ;)

Bring it! Here kitty kitty kitty!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mean_club_bulldog_dog_tattoo1.jpg

;)

DaHop72
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Bring it! Here kitty kitty kitty!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/mean_club_bulldog_dog_tattoo1.jpg

;) Be careful garciap, the last kitty you taunted left you licking some wounds.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM

I get a kick outta how Rocket thinks that because Wylie is playing
Brownwood the game should be moved to Shotwell. Nevermind
the other 100 plus huge district games Wylie has played right
there at home over the years. This is Brownwood.:rolleyes: :doh:

Snydertigersrul
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

He is still in shock from Vega's domination last week of Brownwood

garciap77
09-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Be careful garciap, the last kitty you taunted left you licking some wounds.:devil: :devil:

:iagree:

Yes, the kitty won! But, it was a hell of a fight!:D

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
:iagree:

Yes, the kitty won! But, it was a hell of a fight!:D
And the hair was standing up on it's back the last quater and half.:D

garciap77
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
And the hair was standing up on it's back the last quater and half.:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
He is still in shock from Vega's domination last week of Brownwood Since Vega is 1A he should be in shock if that happened. :doh:

Rocket
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM

Doesn't really matter where we play... we own Wylie.

garciap77
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Got Crow?:D ;)

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I really didn't think y'alls visitor side was all that small!! I don't think our home side is much bigger....if any!!:eek: :eek: for the millions of bwood fans it is

Rocket
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Got Crow?:D ;)

OK guys, nevermind..

Bunch of butt patters.... Yay! go teams! We are all good! Good luck Wylie! yay!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

HA HA

BwdLions
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Why even start a post saying "Sorry Brownwood" and then go on to say that some of our fans will have to stand because lack of room? Maybe Rocket thought you were looking for ideas since your stadium wouldn't be adequate. Come on guys (and gals) get a life.

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM

I knew that ol' fake humility you've trying your best to show these past few days would pass in due time. It took us till Tuesday but we got you all riled up and cocky again. That's good, that's just the way we like you. :D

pirate4state
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I knew that ol' fake humility you've trying your best to show these past few days would pass in due time. It took us till Tuesday but we got you all riled up and cocky again. That's good, that's just the way we like you. :D :eek: :eek: :thinking: :devil: :D

DaHop72
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
And the hair was standing up on it's back the last quater and half.:D That's true, and if the game had lasted much longer they might have been "declawed".:D

Rocket
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I knew that ol' fake humility you've trying your best to show these past few days would pass in due time. It took us till Tuesday but we got you all riled up and cocky again. That's good, that's just the way we like you. :D

I was trying to tone it down, but you guys wouldn't cooperate. BwdLions hit it write on the head..

Truth is, we own Wylie..not talking noise, just the facts. Might change this year, but I seriously doubt it.

What is the staidum capacity again?

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
I was trying to tone it down, but you guys wouldn't cooperate. BwdLions hit it write on the head..

Truth is, we own Wylie..not talking noise, just the facts. Might change this year, but I seriously doubt it.

What is the staidum capacity again? Capacity right now is listed at 7,000. The visitors side would probably be about 1200 +/- . Usually there are about 7,000 Wylie fans because there are a lot of people who stand down around the north endzone and concession stand area. I hope a lot of people have to stand, it makes for a great atmosphere.

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Wylie will beat the Wood by 12. I might even drive up to watch it.

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM

What is the staidum capacity again?

Since Early is open that week, ya'll might fill up our visitor's side. Some of the Early players may come to watch their former teammates play.:taunt: :taunt:

WHS02
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey rocket, you sure do have a mouth, don't ya. It seems most all of the other brownwood fans get alon with most people. You or any other person of team in brownwood doesn't own wylie. You talk big, did you go to high school in brownwood? I know this is football right now but I sure don't hear about brownwood making noise in any other sport late in the season. Also by the way, a touchdown or two is not getting owned. You got owned by La vega. Bye Bye

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Ding! Ding! Here we go, round one of this bantom weight title bout.:D

WHS02
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
No I am "just stating the facts".bwood got OWNED yea thats right OWNED by waco le vega. Think before you talk about getting owned mr rocket.

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Capacity right now is listed at 7,000. The visitors side would probably be about 1200 +/- . Usually there are about 7,000 Wylie fans because there are a lot of people who stand down around the north endzone and concession stand area. I hope a lot of people have to stand, it makes for a great atmosphere.
Also FYI, just want you to know that Gordon Wood capacity is listed at 7800, only 800 more than Bulldog stadium.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Ding! Ding! Here we go, round one of this bantom weight title bout.:D

Isn't that the 112-118 lbs. weight class.:D :devil:

Texasfootball2
09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Isn't that the 112-118 lbs. weight class.:D :devil:
Not sure Red, I was just be a smart ar$e. :D

RedWhiteBlue
09-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I am with Red- I don't even have a dog (no pun intended) in this fight.... but here we go again. Since Brownwood is coming to town everyone needs to make room for all their fans and their big arses. :doh:
Nope, sorry Leroy- it doesn't work that way. And guess what? When you come to Graham you will probably get to stand here, too. You have already made it clear how the game will turn out, so making the trip for you won't be necessary anyway.:kiss:

WHS02
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM
hey red white and blue i agree with ya. They already have it all planned out. I needed to ask a graham fan something about clyde. are they as good as some people are saying? if so no one is giving them any love in the polls. also who do yall play this week

RedWhiteBlue
09-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
hey red white and blue i agree with ya. They already have it all planned out. I needed to ask a graham fan something about clyde. are they as good as some people are saying? if so no one is giving them any love in the polls. also who do yall play this week
They are fair. I hadn't heard that they were all that great, either. I didn't see anything that just really impressed me about them. But I am by no means putting them down, either. They definitely put a win together.
I am not going to pretty it up for anyone......we didn't play well at all. We struggled a great deal both ways. :(
We travel to Burk this week. Yes, they beat Argyle last week. Coaches are saying that Argyle is not the team they were at all last year, but Burk is powerful. Hopefully, we will be better ready for our old district foes this week and turn out on top. :D

wimbo_pro
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Above is only one of many quotes from Rocket's latest book...

How to Win Friends and Influence People

(you DO have a knack, my friend!)

garciap77
09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
OK guys, nevermind..

Bunch of butt patters.... Yay! go teams! We are all good! Good luck Wylie! yay!

HA HA
hAhAhA
:D ;)

Go Brownwood!

Looking4number8
09-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Wow.... this has got you guys going on 4 pages hammering Rocket? Looks to me like he asked a legit question and your legit answer should have be either the money or the field advantage or both.. not knocking the crap out of Rocket again. holy cow, he justed asked why!

Now you are saying that he says Bwd deserves to play in shotwell... I sure dont see it in that post...

Anyways good luck to wylie and thanks for the warning that we need to bring chairs. No problem for me and my crew. We will see you there in a few weeks.

As for Rocket...Bwd still loves ya buddy

RedWhiteBlue
09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Wow.... this has got you guys going on 4 pages hammering Rocket? Looks to me like he asked a legit question and your legit answer should have be either the money or the field advantage or both.. not knocking the crap out of Rocket again. holy cow, he justed asked why!

Now you are saying that he says Bwd deserves to play in shotwell... I sure dont see it in that post...

Anyways good luck to wylie and thanks for the warning that we need to bring chairs. No problem for me and my crew. We will see you there in a few weeks.

I know I will lose sleep tonight over picking on Rocket... again. Bless his little hea- oh wait.... does he have one of those?:thinking: Go try looking for the 'wah wah' for Rocket somewhere else, - we aren't buying it.:rolleyes:

michaelp23
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Why even start a post saying "Sorry Brownwood" and then go on to say that some of our fans will have to stand because lack of room? Maybe Rocket thought you were looking for ideas since your stadium wouldn't be adequate. Come on guys (and gals) get a life.

Because of comments like this from one of your fellow Brownwood posters regarding arial photos of our stadium....

Stadium looks great... but your kidding about the visiting stands... right? How many does the visiting side fit?

We didn't bring it up or start it. Any other questions? :p

Rocket
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Whoa people. I was just trying to make conversation. Honestly. I did not mean anything by requesting Shotwell. I remember we played there 2 years ago, but forgot why, and it was because of the kickoff classic. I was suggesting that so that we could bring in a huge crowd for a Saturday game, not to take anything away from Wylie. That is why I was so thrown off when I got back on saw all the responses...wow.

So I log on again, and now everybody is going off? We do own Wylie. We have beaten them 2 years in a row. Is that mean? No, you are a sissy. I also came back and said we have beaten you 2 years in a row and you may win but I doubt it. How dare me... lol

I was honestly trying to just make some conversation with my original response. You can believe me or not, that's fine.

Rocket
09-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Hey rocket, you sure do have a mouth, don't ya. It seems most all of the other brownwood fans get alon with most people. You or any other person of team in brownwood doesn't own wylie. You talk big, did you go to high school in brownwood? I know this is football right now but I sure don't hear about brownwood making noise in any other sport late in the season. Also by the way, a touchdown or two is not getting owned. You got owned by La vega. Bye Bye

See this?

Yeah I guess it was unheard of. I didn't realize our game was a kickoff classic type game the first time we played there and I don't always think in terms of concessions. Good points.. oh and the home field advantage is important in district...right on.

I was trying to get along...you guys weren't having it... then nobogey said he didn't like the new rocket trying to play nice, so I said we owned you...LOL

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Looking4number8
09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Because of comments like this from one of your fellow Brownwood posters regarding arial photos of our stadium....

Uhh.. yea, how long did it take you to research to find that quote. It was from some time in August when you Wylie guys were showing areials of you stadium.

And yes, this thread was started by you and the thread I was quoted from was started by a Wylie fan....

nobogey72
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
See this?

I was trying to get along...you guys weren't having it... then nobogey said he didn't like the new rocket trying to play nice, so I said we owned you...LOL

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

I was being serious, you are way more fun when you are popping off than you are when you are trying to be nice. That's no fun. When you started talking nice, a bunch of us set an over/under on how many days it would take for you to get back to your old self. The # was 3. TexasFootball2 took the over and I took the under. I won, with 2 days. I won a Whataburger (with trim) at the Whataburger of my choice. Come on man, lighten up, we are all just having fun talking crap. You just happen to be one of the more colorful targets on here. Just lay down, take a Hydrocodone and a Big Red and watch some Andy Griffith re-runs. BTW----- I got one for you to ponder------------IF Rep. VP candidate Sara Palin were to loosen up her hair and lose the glasses, wouldn't you be all for "drilling in Alaska"? Peace. :D

michaelp23
09-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Uhh.. yea, how long did it take you to research to find that quote. It was from some time in August when you Wylie guys were showing areials of you stadium.

About 2 minutes. This whole thread was started in jest as a way to post on this board the article in the Abilene paper about the latest stadium construction news. No hard feelings, but I did want to show your fellow B-wood poster that there was indeed a reason for the joke. Besides, the fastest way to get someone to read a new thread is to put the name "Brownwood" in it.

Your comment was not the only one. If you want me to, I can find more comments about it in another 2-3 minutes. And no, the comments really don't bother me. Again, it was all in good fun. ;)

Looking4number8
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
And I was just trying to defend a fellow Brownwood fan.. seems like we were all sitting back letting Rocket take the punches for us.. I started feeling realy bad.. seriously...

Nothing but love for Wylie... except for on our game day..

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Whoa people. I was just trying to make conversation. Honestly. I did not mean anything by requesting Shotwell. I remember we played there 2 years ago, but forgot why, and it was because of the kickoff classic. I was suggesting that so that we could bring in a huge crowd for a Saturday game, not to take anything away from Wylie. That is why I was so thrown off when I got back on saw all the responses...wow.

So I log on again, and now everybody is going off? We do own Wylie. We have beaten them 2 years in a row. Is that mean? No, you are a sissy. I also came back and said we have beaten you 2 years in a row and you may win but I doubt it. How dare me... lol

I was honestly trying to just make some conversation with my original response. You can believe me or not, that's fine.
I do have one thing to say to this- what kind of fans do you have that wouldn't come anyway if they aren't 'promised' a seat? Geez, I'd tell them to stay their prissy butts at the house. My guess is that they are the ones that never move once they get there anyway and may throw in a golf clap ever now and again.
Those people really pis- anyway.
What kind of day will today be? Rocky, baby?? Feeling frisky?:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh and as far as anyone 'owning' anyone else. I think that is a joke. Do you realize that all these games come down to the decisions that a 16, 17 and 18 year old young man makes on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night? Yeah, great coaches with awesome schemes and plays can tell them whatever they want and parents can feed them full of wonderful values, words and food. But it all comes down to what happens in that game with those boys. I see the same boys also get hauled in for driving under the influence, hunting off the highway, breaking in the buildings and other stupid things.
So 'NO' no one 'owns' anyone. We've beaten Wylie in the last 3 years, but do we 'own' them? Heck no, it could go either way at any time.
Okay, RWB has officially left the soapbox for the morning.:D

DaHop72
09-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Oh and as far as anyone 'owning' anyone else. I think that is a joke. Do you realize that all these games come down to the decisions that a 16, 17 and 18 year old young man makes on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night? Yeah, great coaches with awesome schemes and plays can tell them whatever they want and parents can feed them full of wonderful values, words and food. But it all comes down to what happens in that game with those boys. I see the same boys also get hauled in for driving under the influence, hunting off the highway, breaking in the buildings and other stupid things.
So 'NO' no one 'owns' anyone. We've beaten Wylie in the last 3 years, but do we 'own' them? Heck no, it could go either way at any time.
Okay, RWB has officially left the soapbox for the morning.:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
09-10-2008, 08:03 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Rocket you have at least one Fan from Wylie that likes you!:)

You make the 3ADL fun and you are a ture #1 FAN!:):cheerl:

Looking4number8
09-10-2008, 08:07 AM
I do have one thing to say to this- what kind of fans do you have that wouldn't come anyway if they aren't 'promised' a seat? Geez, I'd tell them to stay their prissy butts at the house. My guess is that they are the ones that never move once they get there anyway and may throw in a golf clap ever now and again.
Those people really pis- anyway.
What kind of day will today be? Rocky, baby?? Feeling frisky?:inlove:

Actually we do have plenty of those fans that travel. Brownwood has a pretty large number of elderly people that go to all home and away game even though they have no kid or grandkids in the school. It always amazes me that these kind folks still travel especially to some the games that are further away (like snyder and sweetwater this year) I hope to be one of these fans one day and hope I will always follow the Lions that I love. I will gladly stand or sit in the dirt in the endzone if one of the long long time fans need my seat.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM

Suck up!:devil:

garciap77
09-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Actually we do have plenty of those fans that travel. Brownwood has a pretty large number of elderly people that go to all home and away game even though they have no kid or grandkids in the school. It always amazes me that these kind folks still travel especially to some the games that are further away (like snyder and sweetwater this year) I hope to be one of these fans one day and hope I will always follow the Lions that I love. I will gladly stand or sit in the dirt in the endzone if one of the long long time fans need my seat.

We have travel to Clyde from many years! When we travel to Clyde we get there before the gates open. Some how we make it work. I'm sure Brownwood will make it work too. Just here here early!

garciap77
09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Suck up!:devil:

:D :D :D

Who backed you when posters made fun of your "Pink Endzones"?:D

Rocket
09-10-2008, 08:26 AM

garcia gets me... All you other yahoos are way too high strung.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 08:33 AM

Who backed you when posters made fun of your "Pink Endzones"?:D

They WERE pink. Our restrooms are more of an embarrassment
than pink endzones.:(

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Rocket, you had Garcia from 'Hello'. Is all that is missing here....:inlove:

garciap77
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Rocket, you had Garcia from 'Hello'. Is all that is missing here....:inlove:

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
They are fair. I hadn't heard that they were all that great, either. I didn't see anything that just really impressed me about them. But I am by no means putting them down, either. They definitely put a win together.
I am not going to pretty it up for anyone......we didn't play well at all. We struggled a great deal both ways. :(
We travel to Burk this week. Yes, they beat Argyle last week. Coaches are saying that Argyle is not the team they were at all last year, but Burk is powerful. Hopefully, we will be better ready for our old district foes this week and turn out on top. :D

You weren't impressed with Clyde?

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
You weren't impressed with Clyde?
No, not really.

Rocket
09-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Rocket, you had Garcia from 'Hello'. Is all that is missing here....

HA HA

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM

I finally found the post (and picture) about Wylie's stadium on page 37. The photo does make the visitor's side look very small (especially when you compare them to the home side).

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
No, not really.

That's unbelievable. What does that say about Graham?

Ranger Mom
09-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I finally found the post (and picture) about Wylie's stadium on page 37. The photo does make the visitor's side look very small (especially when you compare them to the home side).

I agree! The pictures we have seen DO make it look smaller!!

LHPM was surprised it was as big as it was when she got there and made the same comment, "it's looks smaller in the pictures!"

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
That's unbelievable. What does that say about Graham?
What is so unbelievable about it? It was just an average game and we lost. I admitted that we didn't play well offensively or defensively.
What did you expect me to come up with some huge excuses like others on the board? Obviously you haven't gotten to know me that well yet. No excuses here.:p

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I finally found the post (and picture) about Wylie's stadium on page 37. The photo does make the visitor's side look very small (especially when you compare them to the home side). I asure you it's bigger than it looks from the air view, because our home stands go almost from Goalline to Goalline. Sweetwater travels as well as anybody for roadgames in the big country and it usually holds them, even though I've seen them really packed in there before, with a few having to stand. Probably holds around 1700 comfortably.

BwdLion_80
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
I will add this. Our out of town crowds, in the past 4-5 years, have not been what they used to be. We still have a pretty good following, but not the 2,000 to 3,000 that used to show up at all out of town games. I don't know much about Manor's stadium or Snyder's stadium but I don't think that we will have much trouble with everyone getting a seat. The only place I wonder about it Liberty Hill's stadium, and that is only because of what I have read on here about it. Heck, we might not have a problem there either.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I will add this. Our out of town crowds, in the past 4-5 years, have not been what they used to be. We still have a pretty good following, but not the 2,000 to 3,000 that used to show up at all out of town games. I don't know much about Manor's stadium or Snyder's stadium but I don't think that we will have much trouble with everyone getting a seat. The only place I wonder about it Liberty Hill's stadium, and that is only because of what I have read on here about it. Heck, we might not have a problem there either.

Yeah, I've noticed that if their playing anyone at home they
advise the visitors to bring lawn chairs. I don't remember seeing
any pictures of their stadium but it must be 2A small.

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
What is so unbelievable about it? It was just an average game and we lost. I admitted that we didn't play well offensively or defensively.
What did you expect me to come up with some huge excuses like others on the board? Obviously you haven't gotten to know me that well yet. No excuses here.:p

:rolleyes: That's funny because you told me that the only reason Clyde beat ya'll was because of poor officiating and cheating and that they put stuff in ya'lls players food to make them sick. What do you mean that you don't make excuses?:confused: :confused:

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that if their playing anyone at home they
advise the visitors to bring lawn chairs. I don't remember seeing
any pictures of their stadium but it must be 2A small. Go to this website, www.texasbob.com then click on Texas Football Stadiums, then just follow directions.

I show a picture of the Home side at Panther stadium. If the capacity is really 1567 you can use your imagination to visualize just how small the visitors side is. That is "IF" there is a visitors side. Just pretend your going to a drive-in movie. Take your Pick up and some lawn chairs.:D

I also heard it was BYOB!:thumbsup: :cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
The only place I wonder about it Liberty Hill's stadium, and that is only because of what I have read on here about it. Heck, we might not have a problem there either.

Here's a picture of the HOME side after additional seats were added last year. Just a guesstimation on my part, but the visitor stands are roughly the size of what I circled in red, maybe a little smaller. :(
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1448/stadium282407ba2bm7.jpg

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Go to this website, www.texasbob.com then click on Texas Football Stadiums, then just follow directions.

I show a picture of the Home side at Panther stadium. If the capacity is really 1567 you can use your imagination to visualize just how small the visitors side is. That is "IF" there is a visitors side. Just pretend your going to a drive-in movie. Take your Pick up and some lawn chairs.:D

I also heard it was BYOB!:thumbsup: :cheerl:
That's an old picture (and capacity) of the home side. :p

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here's a picture of the HOME side after additional seats were added last year. Just a guesstimation on my part, but the visitor stands are roughly the size of what I circled in red, maybe a little smaller. :(
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1448/stadium282407ba2bm7.jpg

LH Mom, would it be fairly accurate to say that our visitors stands seating roughly about the same as the home stands pictured above. Just trying to give an accurate account for the poor Brownwood fans who are worried:D seeing as they will have been to LH before they come to "BULLDOG" stadium.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
That's an old picture (and capacity) of the home side. :p

Does the visitor's side look something like this? This 1A Roscoe's
home side.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1000

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Does the visitor's side look something like this? This 1A Roscoe's
home side.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1000
Take off the pressbox, and maybe a few seats & that's kind of close. :(

We do have temporary stands that we use as needed.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Take off the pressbox, and maybe a few seats & that's kind of close. :(

We do have temporary stands that we use as needed.

Well who wants the visiting fans to be comfortable anyway. I say
ya''ll should just tear down the visitor's stands and ban lawn
chairs on that side of the field. Give them the choice of standing
or sitting on the ground.:thinking:

Then put the stands right back up after the Brownwood game of course.:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
:rolleyes: That's funny because you told me that the only reason Clyde beat ya'll was because of poor officiating and cheating and that they put stuff in ya'lls players food to make them sick. What do you mean that you don't make excuses?:confused: :confused:
What I say to you under the influence of Dr. Pepper doesn't count Bogey!!!! Besides I thought our conversations were considered 'confidential'- isn't all pillow talk?:inlove:

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

No, obviously I haven't gotten to know you well (yet). I do know you don't mind jumping in on a subject whether it has anything to do with Graham or not. I'm not asking you to make excuses why Clyde beat Graham, I just find it hard to believe you weren't impressed with Clyde. I think they're a good football team.

wimbo_pro
09-10-2008, 01:33 PM

Garcia "completes" you, Rocket. This is touching.

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I do know you don't mind jumping in on a subject whether it has anything to do with Graham or not.
Man, if I only posted when a thread had something to do with Graham I might be up to a whopping 5 or 6 posts by now.:confused:

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Man, if I only posted when a thread had something to do with Graham I might be up to a whopping 5 or 6 posts by now.:confused:

That's true. You should start more threads about the Steers. ;)

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
What I say to you under the influence of Dr. Pepper doesn't count Bogey!!!! Besides I thought our conversations were considered 'confidential'- isn't all pillow talk?:inlove:

So, what you are saying is that all that other stuff you told me that night like....you are such a stud,.........best ever,..........OMG I almost blacked out.....etc,etc,etc yadayadayada........... all that stuff wasn't true either? Wow! And to think that I pd. $50.00 of my hard earned money. I have to say this comes as quite a blow (so to speak).:( :weeping: :bigcry:

Rocket
09-10-2008, 03:03 PM
WOW..

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
So, what you are saying is that all that other stuff you told me that night like....you are such a stud,.........best ever,..........OMG I almost blacked out.....etc,etc,etc yadayadayada........... all that stuff wasn't true either? Wow! And to think that I pd. $50.00 of my hard earned money. I have to say this comes as quite a blow (so to speak).:( :weeping: :bigcry:

Come on Bogey, don't you know by now that nearly all women fake it:D at least thats what I learned from watching Sienfeld.

An Oh by the way, $50 :thinking: That makes you a John!:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 03:08 PM
That's true. You should start more threads about the Steers. ;)
If I feel like it- then I will.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM

An Oh by the way, $50 :thinking: That makes you a John!:D

Actually he told me he was getting it for free. That makes him
a liar.:thinking: :devil: :D

Rocket
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Actually he told me he was getting it for free. That makes him
a liar.:thinking: :devil: :D

Does any man get it for free? Come on guys..

Texasfootball2
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM

She may have a headache? Or that's the univeral excuse:kiss: :D

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Excuse me, Bogey. But you now have me totally confused with one of your other women. I have never claimed that you were a 'stud' or 'best ever'. And there was never any money exchanged. However, I do remember you professing your undying love for me, a hoola hoop and you wearing a pink satin bunny costume.:eek:

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Does any man get it for free? Come on guys..

Good point.

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Good point.
:blahblah: :blahblah:
I thought this was a football message board and all you guys want to do is ramble about this crap. Go watch Dr. Phil or something I think he is on right now!!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Excuse me, Bogey. But you now have me totally confused with one of your other women. I have never claimed that you were a 'stud' or 'best ever'. And there was never any money exchanged. However, I do remember you professing your undying love for me, a hoola hoop and you wearing a pink satin bunny costume.:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nobogey and G2 have a lot more in common than I realized!!!!

Rocket
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM

That sounds about right... you described my mental picture of nobogey perfectly. But in mine, he was playing with a yo-yo and was petting a duck.

Phantom Stang
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Good point.
I clicked on "last page" and this and the post you quoted is what came up.

Is that what Brownwood has to feel sorry about?:D

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I clicked on "last page" and this and the post you quoted is what came up.

Is that what Brownwood has to feel sorry about?:D :thumbsup:

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM

You've got more attitude than anybody on here. :rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Really? Wow. That's crazy!:D

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM

She will also hunt you down and whip your ARSE!! You better leave her alone.;)

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Really? Wow. That's crazy!:D

Yes, really. :thumbsup:

garciap77
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Garcia "completes" you, Rocket. This is touching.

Thanks wimbo_panther!:D :p ;)

RedWhiteBlue
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, really. :thumbsup:
Gah, I didn't even know I said/ did anything. Oh well, sorry if I ruffled your tail little kitty. I will try to be nicer from now on..... or maybe not.;)

garciap77
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Woops!! You are right. I may have confused you with another woman. There have been so many, and, sometimes I admit I don't catch the name.:cool: The REDWHITEBLUE just kind of rung a bell. Are you sure? Because I do have a pink panther costume that I use sometimes for older women.:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nobogey72
[B]Woops!! You are right. I may have confused you with another woman. There have been so many, and, sometimes I admit I don't catch the name.:cool: The REDWHITEBLUE just kind of rung a bell. Are you sure? Because I do have a pink panther costume that I use sometimes for older women.:thinking: :thinking:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/ohhh.gif

Rocket
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Woops!! You are right. I may have confused you with another woman. There have been so many, and, sometimes I admit I don't catch the name.:cool: The REDWHITEBLUE just kind of rung a bell. Are you sure? Because I do have a pink panther costume that I use sometimes for older women.:thinking: :thinking:

It got wierd didn't it...

nobogey72
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
It got wierd didn't it...

OHHHHH yeah it did!!!!! :smoker: :thumbsup:

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 09:27 AM

That'll be the day. :p

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Nah, he just seems like he already hates me for some unknown reason- maybe because he doesn't like red, white and blue or maybe he bought a flat coca cola coming through Graham one time and has never forgotten it- heck if I know.
Oh well, he will either get over or not.:rolleyes:

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Nah, he just seems like he already hates me for some unknown reason- maybe because he doesn't like red, white and blue or maybe he bought a flat coca cola coming through Graham one time and has never forgotten it- heck if I know.
Oh well, he will either get over or not.:rolleyes:

Oh boy, you're so clever. I don't know why I keep responding. I should know better. It's not that I don't like you RWB. It's hard to dislike someone that you don't know.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks wimbo_panther!:D :p ;)

Thats Wimbo_Hill to you, buddy.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
WAIT A MINUTE???!!!????

RedWhiteBlue is a chick???:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Wimbo- :clap: :clap: You thought Bogey would talk like this to a guy????

ronwx5x
09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
WAIT A MINUTE???!!!????

RedWhiteBlue is a chick???:D

What! You thought BwdLions is gay?:eek:

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Wimbo- :clap: :clap: You thought Bogey would talk like this to a guy????

I am not here to judge, RWB.

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I am not here to judge, RWB.
Ha!! But yes, I am a lady- despite what some of the guys on here will say about me.....:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Ha!! But yes, I am a lady- despite what some of the guys on here will say about me.....:rolleyes:

Hey! Don't lump us all in with nobogey. His opinion doesn't
reflect MOST of the rest of ours.:stirpot: :D

garciap77
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

garciap77
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey! Don't lump us all in with nobogey. His opinion doesn't
reflect MOST of the rest of ours.:stirpot: :D
Hey, Bogey 'knows' that I am a lady!!!:inlove:

garciap77
09-11-2008, 12:56 PM

He says nice things about you everytime we talk!:)

nobogey72
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Boy Howdy, do I ever!!! Now I remember you. OMG You were that contortionist right?:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Thanks for that ron. Don't try to cover up your secret by bringing my name into your little game. Word has it, you're on the prowl.

garciap77
09-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Boy Howdy, do I ever!!! Now I remember you. OMG You were that contortionist right?:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: