PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sims

solocam
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Worked out for New England today

Emerson1
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Would be stupid to bring him in other than to backup. Cassel has 4 years in the Patriots system. He is a nobody just like Brady was when he took over after an injury

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Worked out for New England today They brought in quarterbacks Chris Simms and Tim Rattay on Monday. Once they arrived, they were told the situation had changed and they no longer were needed.

So Simms and Rattay left Foxborough, Mass., without a workout or a contract. from nfl.com

BTownVBall3
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Chris Simms was a pro bowl level quarterback before he almost died.. Somebody could take a small risk for a huge reward on him. . 49ers maybe..

solocam
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro Bowl Level,i don't think so
He got Tampa Bay into the playoffs but had more interceptions than Touchdowns

WylieBulldog92
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
He got beat out by a 6th round pick (he is actually good).

popcorn screen
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
wow! Still hatin on simms. horn fans get over it, it is time to move on.

Trashman
09-08-2008, 10:32 PM

Can you get to the pro bowl with a QB rating of 71.2?:D

WylieBulldog92
09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Can you get to the pro bowl with a QB rating of 71.2?:D
You can get started in front of a better player at Texas with that.

IHStangFan
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Chris Simms was garbage....always was. Got the nod at Texas over a proven veteran Major Applewhite that he didn't deserve...and it rolled down hill from there.....garbage.

bulldog64
09-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Chris` daddy got him anywhere he was at. Not his talent.

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Still bringing down the man - - looks like Mac Brown made the wrong decision . . . why not blame him instead of Simms?:thinking:

solocam
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
With the Titans as a backup to kerry Collins

CelinaTurf
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Still bringing down the man - - looks like Mac Brown made the wrong decision . . . why not blame him instead of Simms?:thinking:

Excellent question!

I think both suck lemmons. Both deserve blame.

HERE'S AN HSO FOR YA...

I have always hated ut. But more than that, I hate mac brownie. But more than that, I hate christy simms!:vrycnfsd:

IF mac brown had not forced simms playing instead of the Major when ut lost to OU, then mac brown's team would have won... The Major was a much better QB than christy. Maybe not the "prototype", but Applewhite was a WINNER, unlike christy.

Coach brownie's career has been plagued with "being a man of his word" - which is one of his downfalls... not the keeping his word, but the words he speaks. He should have never "promised" that he'd play christy over anyone else. He should have been wiser... like Prince Bob Stoops.:clap:

The Prince (only a Prince because the King is still on the throne in the Promise Land) always tells his recruits the same thing... (something like this) "Son, we believe that you have incredible talent: I will make you this promise... I'm gonna start the best 11 players on the field... and if you're one of those 11 players, then I promise - you will start. If you're good enough to play, you will play. I don't play guys who will not help this team win. If you will help us win, you will play."

If Coach brownie would have made THAT promise to simms, then Applewhite would have played in that game much earlier (possibly the whole game) and OU would have been in trouble.

However, that didn't happen... brownie stuck by his (poor choice of) word(s) and played christy so long that his team could not make it back, thus beginning several years of successive losses to the GREAT and RIGHTLY-REVERRED SOONERS.

Do you remember how that whiney baby brownie wouldn't let christy answer the question after the game? What a duffus! :tongue:

5 TRUTHS ABOUT BROWNIE AND THE HORNY COWS
1. brownie sucks :clap:
2. christy sucks :clap:
3. bent-son sucks :clap:
4. ricky was incredible, but prefers pot - thus he likes to suck :clap:
5. ut sucks - always have, always will :clap:

solocam
09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Simms signed with Titans to back up Kerry Collins

CelinaProud
09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
Excellent question!

HERE'S AN HSO FOR YA...

:clap:

Babe, the only thing hot about you are the flashes your poor wife is having from menopause!

As if Mac Brown needs or has sought out your approval about his choices. UT owns OU via Bob Stoopes' head because that is where Mac Brown LIVES in every bowl game! Too bad Bobbie Boy keeps bringing the girls soccer team to the bowl games. If he'd just remember his football players, the promised land might actually collect when it matters!

CelinaProud
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE]

Emerson1
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Excellent question!

HERE'S AN HSO FOR YA...

I have always hated ut. But more than that, I hate mac brownie. But more than that, I hate christy simms!:vrycnfsd:

IF mac brown had not forced simms playing instead of the Major when ut lost to OU, then mac brown's team would have won... The Major was a much better QB than christy. Maybe not the "prototype", but Applewhite was a WINNER, unlike christy.

Coach brownie's career has been plagued with "being a man of his word" - which is one of his downfalls... not the keeping his word, but the words he speaks. He should have never "promised" that he'd play christy over anyone else. He should have been wiser... like Prince Bob Stoops.:clap:

The Prince (only a Prince because the King is still on the throne in the Promise Land) always tells his recruits the same thing... (something like this) "Son, we believe that you have incredible talent: I will make you this promise... I'm gonna start the best 11 players on the field... and if you're one of those 11 players, then I promise - you will start. If you're good enough to play, you will play. I don't play guys who will not help this team win. If you will help us win, you will play."

If Coach brownie would have made THAT promise to simms, then Applewhite would have played in that game much earlier (possibly the whole game) and OU would have been in trouble.

However, that didn't happen... brownie stuck by his (poor choice of) word(s) and played christy so long that his team could not make it back, thus beginning several years of successive losses to the GREAT and RIGHTLY-REVERRED SOONERS.

Do you remember how that whiney baby brownie wouldn't let christy answer the question after the game? What a duffus! :tongue:

I am very envious of you. How many state rings did you get during your HS career?

BreckTxLonghorn
09-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Excellent question!

HERE'S AN HSO FOR YA...

Wow. Just....wow.

The uninformed assumptions are hilarious. The lack of grammar and misspellings double the entertainment. You must be an Okie! Overall, an all-star post. Keep it up!