PDA

View Full Version : Tcu

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 05:40 PM
This is my number 1 choice for a college, since Rice is WAY outta my league.

Anybody got any real info on the college? I'm bout to schedule a visit.

Lion_Addict
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
This is my number 1 choice for a college, since Rice is WAY outta my league.

Anybody got any real info on the college? I'm bout to schedule a visit.

Have a former Brownwood Lion playing Receiver there this season & our Quarterback will be there next season. Does that count for "real info"? :D :p

Seriously though....I don't really have specific information but I've been told that it is a very good school.

Matthew328
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
TCU is a very good school, its expensive but not Rice or SMU exepnsive...Fort Worth is a cool city also...

WylieBulldog92
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Have a former Brownwood Lion playing Receiver there this season & our Quarterback will be there next season. Does that count for "real info"? :D :p

Seriously though....I don't really have specific information but I've been told that it is a very good school.

That means their football program is horrible!:rolleyes:

Matthew328
09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I hope you jest!

lakers
09-08-2008, 11:47 PM
A very good frined of mine goes there, and he loves it. He said it costs around 17,000 per semester to go there, which is way to pricey to me. The campus is very nice, everything newly renovated and manicured...

and a lot of the girls are hott and $$$$$$$$$

Phil C
09-09-2008, 08:28 AM
TCU has had some great teams in the past. Also they beat topped rank Texas teams in 1941, 1959 and 1961. In fact they cost Texas the National Championship in 1961 as well as Ohio State with a tie. They won the National Championship in 1937 with Davy O'Brian as their Qb. They played SMU for the National Championship in 1935 with Sammy Baugh playing for them and lost a close game. Also they beat Syracuse and the great Jimmy Brown in the 1957 Cotton Bowl.

NateDawg39
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Im transfering there this coming semester from Abilene Christian and it is a really great school. The campus is large and the student body is like 100X that of ACU so its gonna be difficult to adjust. Take a tour, it is worth it in my opinion.

Bullaholic
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
TCU is a great institution. Not too big, and not too small, and located in one of the best cities in Texas.

The academics are excellent and the football team is usually pretty good each year. Friendly folks and great alumni. Sophistication with a little West Texas flavor thrown in.

I have a son, brother, sister-in-law, and daughter-in-law who are all TCU grads, and they loved every minute of it. I went there my freshman year and loved it as well, but had to leave to be closer to home and my sweetheart then, now wife of 38 years.

Tuition is a little stout nowadays, but the quality education and lifelong friends you will make there will be worth it, IMO.

AP Panther Fan
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
TCU is a great institution. Not too big, and not too small, and located in one of the best cities in Texas.

The academics are excellent and the football team is usually pretty good each year. Friendly folks and great alumni. Sophistication with a little West Texas flavor thrown in.

I have a son, brother, sister-in-law, and daughter-in-law who are all TCU grads, and they loved every minute of it. I went there my freshman year and loved it as well, but had to leave to be closer to home and my sweetheart then, now wife of 38 years.

Tuition is a little stout nowadays, but the quality education and lifelong friends you will make there will be worth it, IMO.

Wooo Hoooo....my favorite poster is back! :wave:

:hijacktd:

I'm entitled every now and then...:D

Bullaholic
09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks, AP....but people are going to talk. You've always been my kind of gal---love football, hunting, and the outdoors.

You ever consider running for VP? :D

Lion_Addict
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
That means their football program is horrible!:rolleyes:

Yeah, nuttin like a "McMurry" or "Hardin Simmons" huh? HA HA! Give me a break! :blahblah: