PDA

View Full Version : Lytle

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
What happens in "Week 1" to a team that loses 66-0 to Celina in "Week 0"? :thinking:

garciap77
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
What happens in "Week 1" to a team that loses 66-0 to Celina in "Week 0"? :thinking:

:thinking: :eek: ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
they go out and win in Week 1 100-0 and want a rematch!!

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
they go out and win in Week 1 100-0 and want a rematch!!
I am sure WOS87 can give the actual results, but my bet is that teams that get whalloped by Celina in Week 0, often have very long runs in the playoffs. ;)

sotex
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
What they actually did is beat a very weak Memorial team from San Antonio 32-8.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by sotex
What they actually did is beat a very weak Memorial team from San Antonio 32-8.
Hmmm ... Interesting. So ... your opinion is basically that Lytle should be considered 3A fodder? :thinking:

Then ... I could have sworn I saw WOS climbing the 3ADL poll after beating up on some really amazing 4A programs? ... Interesting. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh ... I will add my prediction that Lytle rolls over Hondo! :eek:

Necks_Fan
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Hmmm ... Interesting. So ... your opinion is basically that Lytle should be considered 3A fodder? :thinking:

Then ... I could have sworn I saw WOS climbing the 3ADL poll after beating up on some really amazing 4A programs? ... Interesting. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh ... I will add my prediction that Lytle rolls over Hondo! :eek: Nederland is a VERY respectable 4A opponent and WOS creamed them. They would handle almost all of 3a. If I'm not mistaken, they have made the playoffs the last 2 years in 4A and are picked to do so again this year.

kepdawg
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm tired but it almost seems like a Lytle vs Nederland comparison was made! :eek:

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Nederland is a VERY respectable 4A opponent and WOS creamed them. They would handle almost all of 3a. If I'm not mistaken, they have made the playoffs the last 2 years in 4A and are picked to do so again this year.
I think you are mistaken they were 4-3 in their district last season and did not make the playoffs.

Nederland did not have what appearrs to be a real impressive season last year. They did get an early season win against Waller that made a good playoff run. Maybe they had some unexpected injuries or something that helped end their season?

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I'm tired but it almost seems like a Lytle vs Nederland comparison was made! :eek:
I was not attempting a comparison of Lytle to Nederland, but you could be right I might have made an inadvertant comparison. :eek:

One thing that puzzled me, was how a victory over a one win 2007 4A team vaunts WOS to #1 in 3A? :doh:

Lytle beat a zero win 4A team. Shouldn't Lytle be vaulted to #2 in someone's same poll? :confused: :D

Then all that aside at least Celina played a team that made some form of playoffs last season. WOS has not yet this year. ;)

kepdawg
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I was not attempting a comparison of Lytle to Nederland, but you could be right I might have made an inadvertant comparison. :eek:

One thing that puzzled me, was how a victory over a one win 2007 4A team vaunts WOS to #1 in 3A? :doh:

Lytle beat a zero win 4A team. Shouldn't Lytle be vaulted to #2 in someone's same poll? :confused: :D

Then all that aside at least Celina played a team that made some form of playoffs last season. WOS has not yet this year. ;)

What poll are you talking about anyway? I didn't think WOS was #1 anywhere.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
What poll are you talking about anyway? I didn't think WOS was #1 anywhere.
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85900

sotex
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM

Oh ... I will add my prediction that Lytle rolls over Hondo! :eek:

Is Lytle 3A fodder? The Harris poll seems to think so. They are rated 157th out of 177 teams.

As for your prediction... I said before the season started Hondo would be very weak this season. After they lost Friday to Somerset I will be surprised if they win another game this year.

kepdawg
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85900

Those people don't count!

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Is Lytle 3A fodder? The Harris poll seems to think so. They are rated 157th out of 177 teams.

As for your prediction... I said before the season started Hondo would be very weak this season. After they lost Friday to Somerset I will be surprised if they win another game this year.
Well, I am a fan of Celina so it sometimes get's a bit difficult to sort out fodder. :eek:

But ... my overall point is that teams that play Celina early in the season and get whalloped, often get a little perspective. When they play all the rest and realize those others are not really that good ... the team plays with inspiration. Leading to a nice run for the rest of the season. ;)

I will be interested to see how Lytle responds and maybe climbs out of the 3A fodder category. :thinking:

NastySlot
09-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Benny do you know much about texas high school football or just celina?.........Lytle is down this year and even in a great year Lytle wouldn't be in the same league as celina. They beat what maybe the worst 4A team in the state.....Memorial H.S. has more serious problems then winning football games...........if I am correct they are working on 30 plus game losing streak...........Now WOS beat two normally solid 4A programs true Nederland missed the playoffs last season...but year in year out they compete in a very difficult district......read up on golden triangle and mid-county football.................I will agree with you to a certain extent Lytle might have a chance with Hondo....cause you are right...they won't play anyone anytime soon as good as celina........however Hondo has a great tradition and program in the area....these two schools are in the same county.....and if you know the area...there are some battles between Lytle, Medina Valley Hondo and throw in Devine.......also factor in Somerset's victory over Hondo...that will do wonders for area schools....it was only the 3rd or 4th win for Somerset in the series.

88bobcats
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Benny do you know much about texas high school football or just celina?.........Lytle is down this year and even in a great year Lytle wouldn't be in the same league as celina. They beat what maybe the worst 4A team in the state.....Memorial H.S. has more serious problems then winning football games...........if I am correct they are working on 30 plus game losing streak...........Now WOS beat two normally solid 4A programs true Nederland missed the playoffs last season...but year in year out they compete in a very difficult district......read up on golden triangle and mid-county football.................I will agree with you to a certain extent Lytle might have a chance with Hondo....cause you are right...they won't play anyone anytime soon as good as celina........however Hondo has a great tradition and program in the area....these two schools are in the same county.....and if you know the area...there are some battles between Lytle, Medina Valley Hondo and throw in Devine.......also factor in Somerset's victory over Hondo...that will do wonders for area schools....it was only the 3rd or 4th win for Somerset in the series.

One of these years Celina will get the chance to play West Orange-Stark, and all of Benny's questions will be answered.....

That's the match-up I'm most anxious to see: WO-S/Celina

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Benny do you know much about texas high school football or just celina? :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 11:01 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85900 :bigcry:

Those people don't count!

:tongue:

BobcatBenny
09-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
One of these years Celina will get the chance to play West Orange-Stark, and all of Benny's questions will be answered.....

I look forward to a day when Orangefield and Celina might get to play. :D

Everyone in Region 3 or 4 would like to play Celina because unless they are Lytle and willing to suffer early season humiliation, it would mean they are playing in a championship game! :eek:

And Nasty, no I am not an expert on texas highschool football. I enjoy it very much, but I am not an expert. Yet, I am smart enough to see people getting all worked up over WOStark's 4A triumphs. Then to sit down and actually look at last season's records for those 4A teams. One of which had one win last season. The other had a non-playoff season. Might those two teams be better this season? Sure, but they both are winless this season. And ... they both lost to a 3A team, so how good can they really be? ;)

garciap77
09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, I am a fan of Celina so it sometimes get's a bit difficult to sort out fodder. :eek:

But ... my overall point is that teams that play Celina early in the season and get whalloped, often get a little perspective. When they play all the rest and realize those others are not really that good ... the team plays with inspiration. Leading to a nice run for the rest of the season. ;)

I will be interested to see how Lytle responds and maybe climbs out of the 3A fodder category. :thinking:

If that is the case, shouldn't teams(1A-5A) be falling all over themselves to play Celina early in the season? This would insure a nice run for the rest of the season!:D

garciap77
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

88bobcats
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I look forward to a day when Orangefield and Celina might get to play. :D

I'd like to see that too. There'd be so much orange and white flyin' around that the ref's. wouldn't be able to keep it straight! :)

Perhaps the most important questions for Celina, however, are these:

Why waste your time on "fodder" like Lytle? Why doesn't Celina schedule pre-season games with the likes of Dallas Carter, Plano or Euless Trinity? If there are no 3A teams worthy to play Celina, why don't they schedule true tests of their "unmatched" 3A prowess?

I should note that there are many Celina posters that demonstrate class and sportsmanship. However, to the arrogant, no-class, trash-talkin' Celina posters, I should remind you that the MVP of your 2007 state championship was Liberty Hill going DI.

CHS_89
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I'd like to see that too. There'd be so much orange and white flyin' around that the ref's. wouldn't be able to keep it straight! :)

Why waste your time on "fodder" like Lytle? Why doesn't Celina schedule pre-season games with the likes of Dallas Carter, Plano or Euless Trinity? If there are no 3A teams worthy to play Celina, why don't they schedule true tests of their "unmatched" 3A prowess?

I should note that there are many Celina posters that demonstrate class and sportsmanship. However, to the arrogant, no-class, trash-talkin' Celina posters, I should remind you that the MVP of your 2007 state championship was Liberty Hill going DI.

Good one. LH did in fact win the D1 championship and congrats to them. I guess we'll have to just put our D2 trophy in the back of the display case since LH was the MVP of our championship.

marler1972
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Nederland is and has been a very strong team for as long as I can remember. If we Celina beats Whitehouse does that make them weak? Granted we are a very strong if not the srongest 3a team.

marler1972
09-09-2008, 11:46 AM

They have to my knowledge tried to schedule bigger schools.
It is not Celina's fault that some schools do not want to play them. When my uncle was coaching at the now defunct Port Arthur SFA he ran into the same problems, but he was lucky to schedule some bigger schools.

charlesrixey
09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
celina is still a relatively smaller 3A school--but that will change in the next 4-6 years with the continued growth of the community. I don't know that we will really be favorites in 3A until that time, and that is assuming our winning ways continue

however, even if there are 4-5 teams in 3A consistently more talented and better than we are until 2011 or 2012, i'll still take whatever we will be given in the 'weaker' d2.

someday celina will go through a season and not win 10 or 11+ games

i'm just hoping we can ride this wave as long as possible--we are truly lucky as a community

NastySlot
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
celina is still a relatively smaller 3A school--but that will change in the next 4-6 years with the continued growth of the community. I don't know that we will really be favorites in 3A until that time, and that is assuming our winning ways continue

however, even if there are 4-5 teams in 3A consistently more talented and better than we are until 2011 or 2012, i'll still take whatever we will be given in the 'weaker' d2.

i'm just hoping we can ride this wave as long as possible--we are truly lucky as a community

Celina reminds of one of it's Collin County neighbors when I was growing up.....Plano

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2008, 01:24 PM

Perhaps but we will never know will we. The year before it was very close. they beat us but it was a game that could have gone either way. Perhaps you should remember that.

BILLYFRED0000
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Amen rix. I am hoping that we keep the great coaches and men that run and aid this program as long as possible because I know that it is the men, coaches, and community along with young men willing to work they way they do that makes this possible. I hope at least thru my sons senior year. 8 more to go. And as long as possible. I truly enjoy the coaches and the cameraderie of the town and the school that we have now.

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Lytle isn't even talked about this much in their hometown...give them a rest.