PDA

View Full Version : Wk 1 NFL Thoughts....

Bullaholic
09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
-Brady probably out for year with ACL.

-V. Young lost to Titans 2-4 wks with sprained knee

-Bears QB Orton consistent and Forte can "motor".

-San Diego coach Norv Turner has got to be sick and mad.

-Cowboys live up to pre-season hype in Wk 1

-P. Manning did look a litlle "rusty" in Wk 1

-Atlanta was the surprise team in Wk 1. Michael who?

-Texans still have plenty of work to do.

-McNabb and Philly are back.

-Jets kicker can't kick PAT but can return for kickoffs????

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
My thoughts:

If Donovan McNabb stays healthy, the Eagles will challenge the Cowboys for the best record in the NFC.

Chicago could be this year's surprise team in the playoffs.

Six of the last seven Super Bowl losers missed the playoffs the following season. We should have seen Brady's injury coming.

Brett Favre won't deal with the Madden Curse.

Reggie Bush has something to prove this year.

The Cardinals might win the NFC West with a 7-9 record.

Detroit stinks.

Tennessee is the most underrated team that made the playoffs last year.

Houston will be talking about taking positive steps this year with the intention of contending next year for the umpteenth year in a row by the end of October.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Teams I'm not sold on.....Jets and Philly.

Each played two of the worst teams in the league last season and the Jets barely won. Philly was impressive but their opponent was weak. We'll see what Philly has next monday night!

Phil C
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
We have to remember that Detroit still has 27 days left on the curse. Remember there are still 2 other games left tonight that we must wait for to complete our analysis of week 1.

Bullaholic
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
We have to remember that Detroit still has 27 days left on the curse. Remember there are still 2 other games left tonight that we must wait for to complete our analysis of week 1.

Phil...Is Vince going to make it back o.k? Guess I'll just have to look at that Rose Bowl TD footage for comfort....:D

Phil C
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Phil...Is Vince going to make it back o.k? Guess I'll just have to look at that Rose Bowl TD footage for comfort....:D

Vince will come back and be determined. The question is will the Titans get him the needed help or will he be like Archie Manning was with the Saints.

Vince is a man. He is the man that young boys want to be like when they grow up and the kind of man that they wish they had been like when they were younger.

piratebg
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
-McNabb and Philly are back.

They looked good against a bad Rams squad. As far as week 1 goes, I'll agree for now, but we will see who is the best in the NFC East next Monday. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Dallas on its way to 19-0:1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Dallas on its way to 19-0:1popcorn:
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Thought on Texans: It never really was David Carr's fault. :taunt:

mchavez
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't say the eagles are back just yet. They were not very consistent last year, and if you remember they beat Detroit 56-21 and lost the next week.
I'm just saying lets see if they get past the Cowboys before giving them that much credit.

BTownVBall3
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Next week will decide the outcome of the NFC..
Keep in mind who the Eagles played last week.

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Next week will decide the outcome of the NFC..
Keep in mind who the Eagles played last week.

week 2 will not decide anything..they meet agan later..plus alot more games left