PDA

View Full Version : Question...

lepfan
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
If you make comments about your team and back those comments up...how is this considered being "over confident" or "cocky"?

sahen
11-18-2003, 05:25 PM
i dunno but u have an apology in ur signature so im sure its ok :)

lepfan
11-18-2003, 05:31 PM
sahen:
i dunno but u have an apology in ur signature so im sure its ok :) you did not answer the question...you made a blank statement...reply again when you can give an intelligent reply (now that was cocky and arrogant :p )

3ahunter2k4
11-18-2003, 05:33 PM
it is cocky or arrogant whether you back it up or not. people should be modest and show respect for people who are not as gifted.

marlin fan
11-18-2003, 05:34 PM
If I appear arrogant, I apologize. I am working on that. Therapy is expensive for arrogance (send $$$$). How much cash do you Need i will happly send it to you...

lepfan
11-18-2003, 06:00 PM
What I am talking about is predicting your team to win and stating why you think so. It seems that if you predict your team to win then you are attacked by the opposing team posters...what do you want fans to do....predict the other team to win...? I am not talking about "trash talk". I think I have been misunderstood...it appears I could be the poster child for Kelly Clarkson's song.

lepfan
11-18-2003, 06:01 PM
marlin fan:
If I appear arrogant, I apologize. I am working on that. Therapy is expensive for arrogance (send $$$$). How much cash do you Need i will happly send it to you...Do you think you have enough $$$ for me? Some say no.

fullhouse
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh what I'd give to be able to be cocky and arrogant just a month or more longer..... Enjoy it guys.

lepfan
11-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Friday night we will play another football game. I do hope that we win. I know what our boys are capable of...I know nothing of OF other than what I have read here. It is obvious that a team without talent, skill, and desire would not be in the play offs...at this point all teams have to step up and be 100% all four quarters. Will LG beat OF...I think so but that is only my opinion. You may have your own opinion, let it be known and do not put me down because of mine. DISCLAIMER : This post is not intended to be neither cocky nor over confident.

marlin fan
11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
lepfan:

marlin fan:
If I appear arrogant, I apologize. I am working on that. Therapy is expensive for arrogance (send $$$$). How much cash do you Need i will happly send it to you...Do you think you have enough $$$ for me? Some say no.i could send you $ 1,000.00

Buckeye80
11-18-2003, 09:33 PM
I got blasted for predicting that Gilmer would beat Daingerfield 42-10. I was told that Hell would freeze over before the sorry Buckeye defense would hold the mighty Tiger offense to 10 points. What happened? Buckeyes 43-Tigers 0!

You have EVERY right to speak on the accomplishments of your team when they back up your prognostication. But, you have an obligation to accept defeat like a man should that come to pass. Keep supporting your school! Just be a man when you do it!

Chief Woodman
11-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Could just be me BUT....there is a difference between saying "we will beat so-so" (That is arrogant) and saying "I think we will beat so-so" or "We will beat so-so IF". Those statements leave open the possibility that you may not be right. The first one indicates there is no way you could be wrong about a future event, and that is a talent that only God himself has unless he tells someone in advance about the future events. Just my perspective.

lepfan
11-18-2003, 11:42 PM
marlin fan:

lepfan:

marlin fan:
If I appear arrogant, I apologize. I am working on that. Therapy is expensive for arrogance (send $$$$). How much cash do you Need i will happly send it to you...Do you think you have enough $$$ for me? Some say no.i could send you $ 1,000.00Let me check with my therapist, she may take that $$$ for a down payment...I need lots of work :D