PDA

View Full Version : Vote for R3 game of the week here:

R3Editor
09-08-2008, 02:12 AM
There is one game from each district listed here as a potential game of the week in Region III. Vote for your favorite. Any potential ties will be decided by R3Editor. Thanks!

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Can Kirbyville hang with WOS? i have heard they are very salty this year. One of my coaching buddies is expecting to play them around the 3rd round. He called Kirbyville the 2a sleeper of the year.

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
And as far as Gilmer/LE leading the voting, I really expect the Gilmer/Kilgore game next week to be a better matchup. And I don't mean that as any disrespect to L/E, but I think we have too many weapons for them to match up this year. Besides, they are coming to our house this week, where we haven't lost in a long, long time.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Jasper @ OPEN ??? Hahahaha

I'd go with TLE @ Gilmer.

Hey aussie, you wanna take the shirt to your game this week? :)

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Hey aussie, you wanna take the shirt to your game this week? :) not really. u know i not very responsible:D i'm more about coming to where the shirt is and signing it!!!!!

jimmyceatworld
09-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I thought the game of the week was supposed to be between two teams in Region III.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I thought the game of the week was supposed to be between two teams in Region III. It's up to the region editor. What is your suggestion for GotW?

jimmyceatworld
09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
It's up to the region editor. What is your suggestion for GotW?

I don't have any suggestions. I just thought that was the criteria for GotW. I think there are only 2 games between R3 schools on the poll so I went with Mexia v. Crockett. It looks like a little bit of a weak GotW but I guess you gotta go with what you've got.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I don't have any suggestions. I just thought that was the criteria for GotW. I think there are only 2 games between R3 schools on the poll so I went with Mexia v. Crockett. It looks like a little bit of a weak GotW but I guess you gotta go with what you've got. Not for all regions. LOL. As co-editor of Region IV, I would prefer that both teams be region IV, 3a teams, but sometimes it just doesn't work out in pre-district.

mistanice
09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
In 18-3a, shouldve had Atlanta @ Carthage, or Newton @ Diboll.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
In 18-3a, shouldve had Atlanta @ Carthage, or Newton @ Diboll.

Carthage is gonna steam roll Atlanta.

mistanice
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Carthage is gonna steam roll Atlanta.

Carthage is a scary team.

Aesculus gilmus
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Carthage is a scary team.

Carthage has to go through Gilmer to get out of Region III as long as Jasper and Chapel Hill make the playoffs.

Gilmer has the Dawgs' number. Even in 4A, we had their number. In fact, I can't think of a team in recent history (2000-on) named Bulldogs that Gilmer HASN'T eviscerated, torn limb from limb and then sent to rot in the "junkyard" from whence they came.

We like that name. That's why I'm not worried about Kilgore either.

88bobcats
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I think Dan Hooks' WO-S Mustangs won't have too much trouble with Kirbyville. It should not be the game of the week.

They always match up well with speed and athletes, but the level of coaching can not be compared. Give the nod to WO-S.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Kirbyville has beaten Jasper and Diboll.

mistanice
09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I still can't believe Crockett lost to Corrigan-Camdem

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Carthage is a scary team. depends on which side of the fence you are looking from:D

navscanmaster
09-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
depends on which side of the fence you are looking from:D

I have no doubt you guys could put some points up on Carthage, but it wouldn't be a blow out. Carthage has some experience, and Gilmer is still raw on offense. Blackshire vs. Godfrey would be the best matchup of QBs in east Texas.

navscanmaster
09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

And the game is at their place. True. WOS will still win this by 2 touchdowns at least.

WOS1
09-08-2008, 07:16 PM

Hey aussie, you wanna take the shirt to your game this week? :)

:doh: WTH? You goin bad on me?

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
:doh: WTH? You goin bad on me?

:confused: What do you mean? Do YOU think your game against Kirbyville will be close?

Man, I can't win.

If I show love to Gilmer, the WOS bunch give me hell.

If I show love to WOS, the Gilmer guys give me hell.

If I don't rank a team at #1, I get crap.

:speech:

I'll just keep my opinions to myself!!!!! :(

kepdawg
09-08-2008, 10:05 PM
:confused: What do you mean? Do YOU think your game against Kirbyville will be close?

Man, I can't win.

If I show love to Gilmer, the WOS bunch give me hell.

If I show love to WOS, the Gilmer guys give me hell.

If I don't rank a team at #1, I get crap.

:speech:

I'll just keep my opinions to myself!!!!! :(

You should have taken the easy way out! Go Jasper!

88bobcats
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Jasper OWNS Open!

88bobcats
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Jasper and Diboll are not WO-S; and K'ville barely beat Jasper and Diboll.

Ortavious Hypolite is the real deal. The trio of Hypolite, Josh Gloston and Quintavious Garrett won't be stopped by Kirbyville.

Kirbyville is going to wreck 2A RIII. I wish them the best, but I don't see how they can handle WO-S.

2007 WO-S/Kirbyvill game thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=71625&highlight=Kirbyville)

pirate4state
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
So are you going with WOS/Kirbyville or LE/Gilmer?

R3Editor
09-09-2008, 01:20 PM
So are you going with WOS/Kirbyville or LE/Gilmer?

Poll should last till 2:12 Wednesday morning, but I will go with the 10:00 PM tallies, and start a thread for the winner. More than likely, in the event of a tie, I will go with WOS/Kirbyville since Gilmer just had a GOTW two weeks ago.