PDA

View Full Version : Best Games Coming up this week?

WylieBulldog92
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I have no clue what other games that are going to be played this weekend, can anyone fill me in?

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
4A Manvel @ WC

Manvel's first year of Varsity athletics.

crabman
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Progresso Red Ants at Marine Military Academy ???

IHStangFan
09-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Needville -vs- La Grange will be a good one in Reg. IV.

Ingleside -vs- Rio Hondo will be another good one.

DaHop72
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Sweetwater vs. Monahans

waterboy
09-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Liberty-Eylau @ Gilmer

These two teams have played each other in bi-district the last two years and the winner made it to the finals with L-E winning a state championship in '06 and Gilmer losing in the finals in '07. This has become one of the most heated rivalries because of the stakes involved. Both teams are well coached and have tons of talent year in and year out. It has been a close contest both times and could be again.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't know about best game but an interesting one.
Celina vs Daingerfield

@ Royse City.

Nuetral location might have some good attendance from the area.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Celina vs Daingerfield

@ Royse City.

What is Daingerfield's record and who have they played?

lion75
09-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Vernon @ Argyle

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What is Daingerfield's record and who have they played? 2-0 but i can't remember who they have beaten. i'll check it out for you.

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
2-0 but i can't remember who they have beaten. i'll check it out for you.

Daingerfield 29 Atlanta 6
Daingerfield 34 Paul Pewitt 6

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Daingerfield 29 Atlanta 6
Daingerfield 34 Paul Pewitt 6

:thinking: hmmmmmmmm

What has happened to Atlanta?

Don't yall play Daingerfield soon?

Dieselsmoke
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Gilmer will beat LE by 21+ game will be over by half time.

lostaussie
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
Gilmer will beat LE by 21+ game will be over by half time. Atlanta seems to be way down and we play Daingerfield in 3 Fridays...........BTW, Dieselsmoke...............thats a cool name:thumbsup:

waterboy
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Gilmer will beat LE by 21+ game will be over by half time.
Really? Has L-E fell off that much? I don't know what it is but the Leopards seem to play their best game against the Buckeyes. You could be right, though, but I won't believe it till I see it. I am cautiously optimistic about the Buckeyes chances in this one, though.:thumbsup:

Dieselsmoke
09-08-2008, 12:19 PM
If Gilmer has enough speed to stop LE backs, which they have many and a lot of speed, they will be able to handle LE. LE does a lot of direct snaps with the running back playing at the QB position and try to use their speed to break it big on trap plays. They will also try to beat you around the end. If forced to run their offense they struggle with moving the ball, they do have a big back this year #20 that can be effective between the tackles. I see Gilmer winning big if they have any size on the lines, which they alway do, and have speed in their d-backs, which they always do. Not hatin on LE, I just think they do not match up well with Gilmer this year.

jason
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
stephenville (0-2) @ brownwood (1-1)

waterboy
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
If Gilmer has enough speed to stop LE backs, which they have many and a lot of speed, they will be able to handle LE. LE does a lot of direct snaps with the running back playing at the QB position and try to use their speed to break it big on trap plays. They will also try to beat you around the end. If forced to run their offense they struggle with moving the ball, they do have a big back this year #20 that can be effective between the tackles. I see Gilmer winning big if they have any size on the lines, which they alway do, and have speed in their d-backs, which they always do. Not hatin on LE, I just think they do not match up well with Gilmer this year.
I hope you're right! I do think Gilmer will win the game. I just know it's usually a tough game against Liberty-Eylau. The Buckeyes seem to be hitting their stride early this year, and it has been a pleasant surprise, being as they lost 16 starters off last year's team. These freshman and sophomore classes coming up are loaded. The thing about this year's team is there's not many seniors at all, yet they still seem to have not dropped off much, if any. In fact, they may be better than last year's team if they keep playing the way they have.:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Graham @ Burk

WildTexan972
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Celina vs Daingerfield

@ Royse City.

and they play on Saturday night so very few competing HS games to interfere with the crowd....

the RC whataburger just might be busier than normal after this one is over....

there are only 3 teams in the world Butch Ford has coached against that he has not beaten - this game has the potential to knock one of those off the list....

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
i would do a go blue week 3 guide but they are not appreciated :(