PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens Deserves a Fine!!!!

JR2004
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Who do these pro football players think they are doing all these fancy pre-meditated celebrations? I'm just tired of it! Back in my day you handed the ball to the official and quietly walked to the sideline and didn't say a word. All these spoiled pro athletes like TO and Ocho Cinco need to be suspended everytime they do a dumb celebration! Suspend TO for four games for that display today against Cleveland!

Clean it up Roger and clean it up fast!

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
DAAAAAAAAAMN YOU TO AND OCHO CINCO DAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU

blowfish
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
You should have someone drive you to the nearest emergency room... I think there is a gas leak in your house and you have been over come by the fumes.

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
You should have someone drive you to the nearest emergency room... I think there is a gas leak in your house and you have been over come by the fumes.

TO has CROSSED THE LINE! Suspend him and suspend him now! I tune in to see two teams play. I don't want to see all this extra-carricular stuff going on! It's not entertaining!

Do your job Roger and send a message to other miscreants around the league by suspending TO!

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Why fine the greatest wide receiver ever in the NFL?

lion75
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
"Coach Joe" Avezanno said it shouldn't have even been a penalty and he saw no harm in it. I agree with him. Who cares. It's only entertainment. I don't think it should be taken so seriously.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
some like it and some dont, i think it makes it more entertaining to see what they come up with when they score. When something good happens to u, dont u usually get excited and celebrate? ;)

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
some like it and some dont, i think it makes it more entertaining to see what they come up with when they score. When something good happens to u, dont u usually get excited and celebrate? ;)

NO...No I DON'T.

lion75
09-07-2008, 08:21 PM
As T.O. would say, "I LOVE IT!"

eagles_victory
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Who do these pro football players think they are doing all these fancy pre-meditated celebrations? I'm just tired of it! Back in my day you handed the ball to the official and quietly walked to the sideline and didn't say a word. All these spoiled pro athletes like TO and Ocho Cinco need to be suspended everytime they do a dumb celebration! Suspend TO for four games for that display today against Cleveland!

Clean it up Roger and clean it up fast! Redskins fan

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Redskins fan

I hate ALL CELEBRATING. Clinton Portis needs to stop celebrating too! Be a professional and hand the ball to the official!

3afan
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
its no big deal

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I missed it, but if it's remotely akin to the "Star" incident, then there is a lot of irony here. :tisk: :tisk:

Pick6
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
its no big deal

It's just JR thinking he's funny.

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I hate ALL CELEBRATING. Clinton Portis needs to stop celebrating too! Be a professional and hand the ball to the official! :hand: :hand:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85864

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I missed it, but if it's remotely akin to the "Star" incident, then there is a lot of irony here. :tisk: :tisk: He acted like he was getting in some starting blocks for track

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
It's just JR thinking he's funny.

Don't you have a town to be hating on endlessly?!?!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:hand: :hand:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85864 :D busted!!

Pick6
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't you have a town to be hating on endlessly?!?!

Sure don't, you wanna pick one for me? Maybe I could hate on Celina endlessly like you do?

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
:D busted!!

Not busted! I'm all for college celebrations. The NFL is serious business and its players need to act like men, not college kids.

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Sure don't, you wanna pick one for me? Maybe I could hate on Celina endlessly like you do? might as well...what a cake walk of a schedule!

JR2004
Sure don't, you wanna pick one for me? Maybe I could hate on Celina endlessly like you do?

I think you have the market cornered on that one little fella!

daug
I was celebrating too, in my living room. Romo is my fantasy QB and that was 6 points baby!

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Not busted! I'm all for college celebrations. The NFL is serious business and its players need to act like men, not college kids.
So the rules should only be enforced for one set, not the other? :confused:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by daug
I was celebrating too, in my living room. Romo is my fantasy QB and that was 6 points baby! :cheerl: same here :)

Pick6
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I think you have the market cornered on that one little fella!

Wrong again little boy, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
hey you two don't make me bust out my monkeys!!!

:rolleyes:

espn1
09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
TO has CROSSED THE LINE! Suspend him and suspend him now! I tune in to see two teams play. I don't want to see all this extra-carricular stuff going on! It's not entertaining!

Do your job Roger and send a message to other miscreants around the league by suspending TO! You might need to take some Midol Baby!

JR2004
09-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Wrong again little boy, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Find a thread mentioning Celina and do what you do worst. Leave this one to people talking about excessive and unneccessary celebrations!

Pick6
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Find a thread mentioning Celina and do what you do worst. Leave this one to people talking about excessive and unneccessary celebrations!

Find a thread about someone talking about his son and you do what you do worse.

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/monkey2.gif

how about both of yall stop talking?

bobcat1

Do your job Roger and send a message to other miscreants around the league by suspending TO!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Form the Pompous one himself. Deal with reality dude. sheesh!

GreenMonster

Actually, I feel it is rather hypocritical of the NFL to fine players for these antics. You know that behind closed doors the powers that be of the NFL love it because it sells tickets and merchandise. Then they put out a press release stating the player was fined and the money will go to charity. Therefore the big whigs are able to line their pockets from the extra publicity and air time, look like the good guys for donating the fine to charity, and put on an outward appearance that they are totally against such behavior. It's all rather pathetic in my opinion. Entertainment is the name of the game today, and this isn't your Daddy's NFL anymore. Do I like the "Look-at-me" antics? Nope, but when the NFL refuses to allow a player who legally changed his name in a court of law to have that name placed on the back of his jersey due to said player not making the required financial arrangements with the official manufacturer of NFL jerseys for merchandising purposes then they sure look hypocritical to me.

JR2004
Find a thread about someone talking about his son and you do what you do worse.

This thread is about excessive and unneccessary celebrations. Get with the program Nap!

daug
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Romo2TO4TD is my fantasy football teams name. And we were robbed of a 2nd TD darn it.

sinton66
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
hmmmmm, is JR a closet Philly fan?? Or worse yet, a Giants fan???:D

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
hmmmmm, is JR a closet Philly fan?? Or worse yet, a Giants fan???:D even WORSE, if you can believe that...a Redskins fan :hairpunk:

bobcat1
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
even WORSE, if you can believe that...a Redskins fan :hairpunk: So that is why he has an inferiority complex! :p

bobcat1
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Not busted! I'm all for college celebrations. The NFL is serious business and its players need to act like men, not college kids. Oh ye of the double mind and forked tongue!

sinton66
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
even WORSE, if you can believe that...a Redskins fan :hairpunk:

OMG!!!! There's two teams that are my absolute favorites, the Dallas Cowboys and WHOEVER is beating the Redskins.:D

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
OMG!!!! There's two teams that are my absolute favorites, the Dallas Cowboys and WHOEVER is beating the Redskins.:D Same here! :2thumbsup :D

JasperDog94
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
The NFL is serious business and its players need to act like men, not college kids. Yeah, God forbid that we should have any fun. From now on I don't want you to smile or laugh at work...ever.

After all, this is serious business, not recess.:rolleyes: :) :)

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
If you don't like what you see, don't watch. We have become so caught up with everything in this world as if we can control everything, every person, every country, etc. Give it a rest. Every season its the same crying. GET OVER IT!
'

BTownVBall3
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Some people just can't handle the fact that's it's a new era of football. A much more fun/entertaining era. I love the celebrations. Nothing is going to be done about it. Stop complaining. Close your eyes or don't watch any team with a playmaker.

solocam
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I liked it,I like watching T.O. after a touchdown,never know what he is going to do,

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Some people just can't handle the fact that's it's a new era of football. A much more fun/entertaining era. I love the celebrations. Nothing is going to be done about it. Stop complaining. Close your eyes or don't watch any team with a playmaker. When I was growing up they didn't celebreate....they jus gave the pigskin back to the ref.....then again they wore leather helmets

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Some people just can't handle the fact that's it's a new era of football. A much more fun/entertaining era. I love the celebrations. Nothing is going to be done about it. Stop complaining. Close your eyes or don't watch any team with a playmaker.

Some folks are just stuck in time. Specifically the 70's and 80's.

popcorn screen
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
He dang sure hasn't been covered in 3 years by and teams DB's. Love him or hate him, he has serious skills.

48minutes
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
He dang sure hasn't been covered in 3 years by and teams DB's. Love him or hate him, he has serious skills.

Agreed... TO is good.

The celebration was not even all that bad.. if it bothered someone so much, then just change the channel if you absolutely HATE IT. Go watch espn classic, maybe they will hand the ball to the ref there..

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Agreed... TO is good.

The celebration was not even all that bad.. if it bothered someone so much, then just change the channel if you absolutely HATE IT. Go watch espn classic, maybe they will hand the ball to the ref there.. It has been reported that Usain Bolt was upset :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul Why fine the greatest wide receiver ever in the NFL?

Man he's not the greatest reciever!

I hate TO!

I can't stand him at all.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Go watch espn classic, maybe they will hand the ball to the ref there.. Lol. JR sounds like me all of a sudden. He's over here argueing with the ENTIRE 3Adownlow. LOL.

Man, that's mine and Rocket's job..... and BG from time to time.

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

I hate TO!

I can't stand him at all.

I noticed that you aren't playing football again this year.

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
amazing some people thinking JR is being legit with his gripe about TO....4 PAGES WORTH!

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
amazing some people thinking JR is being legit with his gripe about TO....4 PAGES WORTH! He sounds for real. i guess not.... IDK.

Dang, now I'm confused. Thanks. :D

BobcatBenny
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by daug
I was celebrating too, in my living room. Romo is my fantasy QB and that was 6 points baby!
Romo is my fantasy too, but that is just a flash back to my Romosexual days.

Sarah Palin's church straightened me out though. :eek:

eagles_victory
09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

I hate TO!

I can't stand him at all. Yea I agree T.O. shouldnt even be considered for the hall of fame because SNYDER325Tigers doesnt like him

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory Yea I agree T.O. shouldnt even be considered for the hall of fame because SNYDER325Tigers doesnt like him No thats just my opinion of him, others think different of him.

Ranger Mom
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I think this is just another classic example of the No Fun League at it's finest.

Who cares if they celebrate....I personally love it!!!!:D

JR2004
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
amazing some people thinking JR is being legit with his gripe about TO....4 PAGES WORTH!

Terry the NFL is SERIOUS BUSINESS. If I want funny haha stuff I'll go watch the WNBA, not the NATIONAL FOOSBALL LEAGUE.

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
amazing some people thinking JR is being legit with his gripe about TO....4 PAGES WORTH! Isn't it though. It sure provides for some classic DL entertainment!

W - O - W

pirate4state
09-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Yea I agree T.O. shouldnt even be considered for the hall of fame because SNYDER325Tigers doesnt like him \

:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Oh man..............................

Ranger Mom
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM

Hmmm.....it's not even 2 entire pages on mine.....I guess you are set on the default page!!

JR2004
09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
even WORSE, if you can believe that...a Redskins fan :hairpunk:

Being a Redskins fan is A LOT like being a Lions fan. Well except for they can't beat us and don't have any Super Bowl trophies. Aside from that being a Lions or Redskins fan is pretty much the same. :)

Txbroadcaster
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Terry the NFL is SERIOUS BUSINESS. If I want funny haha stuff I'll go watch the WNBA, not the NATIONAL FOOSBALL LEAGUE.

FOOSBALL IS THE DEVIL

coach
09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
jr...shut up...he didnt hurt anybody im sure if kobe bryant did that after a dunk u would be having a heart attack over the fact that he did something positive for his team

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by coach
jr...shut up...he didnt hurt anybody im sure if kobe bryant did that after a dunk u would be having a heart attack over the fact that he did something positive for his team LOL :doh:

:speech:

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by coach
jr...shut up...he didnt hurt anybody im sure if kobe bryant did that after a dunk u would be having a heart attack over the fact that he did something positive for his team

Off-topic, but it has been well established here that I'm a LAKER FAN and not one of those psycho Kobe Bryant fans so this is not an accurate comparison. I've been a Laker fan longer than you've been alive. The Lakers, however, are not the topic of this thread...sooooooo...

Back on topic...Terrell Owens antics must be stopped no matter the cost! He is ruining the NFL and Roger must lay down the law with him and put a stop to these celebrations once and for all!

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Off-topic, but it has been well established here that I'm a LAKER FAN and not one of those psycho Kobe Bryant fans so this is not an accurate comparison. I've been a Laker fan longer than you've been alive. The Lakers, however, are not the topic of this thread...sooooooo...

Back on topic...Terrell Owens antics must be stopped no matter the cost! He is ruining the NFL and Roger must lay down the law with him and put a stop to these celebrations once and for all!

Do you think society has failed TO? :thinking:

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Do you think society has failed TO? :thinking:

That's a good question Rita...I think, however, it is TO who has failed society with his me-first antics. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 01:12 AM
just finish some work for tommorrow and this topic still going :doh: , JR there will be many TO celebrations this year so look away when he scores :D

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:15 AM
That's a good question Rita...I think, however, it is TO who has failed society with his me-first antics. :( "I LOVE ME, SOME ME!"

totees.com

:D

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:16 AM
just finish some work for tommorrow and this topic still going :doh: , JR there will be many TO celebrations this year so look away when he scores :D

Mark it down, Roger Goodell will put a stop to his shenanigans with fines and suspensions! Terrell Owens will not be allowed to act foolish after TD's for too much longer! He is not setting a good example for the youth of America and it must be stopped. :(

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Mark it down, Roger Goodell will put a stop to his shenanigans with fines and suspensions! Terrell Owens will not be allowed to act foolish after TD's for too much longer! He is not setting a good example for the youth of America and it must be stopped. :( If you aren't careful soon you will start to "sound" alot like a long lost poster! :eek: :eek:

Off topic...HOLY CRAP the TO shirts are EXPENSIVE!!! :eek:

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
If you aren't careful soon you will start to "sound" alot like a long lost poster! :eek: :eek:

Off topic...HOLY CRAP the TO shirts are EXPENSIVE!!! :eek:

I'm sure that person was a good person if he took a stance against Terrell Owens and his theatrics.

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:25 AM
You're right Rita...Those shirts are pretty expensive. I bet if the shirts were made by a fine upstanding man like Randy Moss he'd charge way less than that. That's just the kind of guy Randy Moss is. He's a saint.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
You're right Rita...Those shirts are pretty expensive. I bet if the shirts were made by a fine upstanding man like Randy Moss he'd charge way less than that. That's just the kind of guy Randy Moss is. He's a saint.

Did you hear him say that the shot Brady took looked dirty? LOL.

Like anything else you are paying for a name. There are plenty of people out there that will pay for the TO name! :D

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Did you hear him say that the shot Brady took looked dirty? LOL.

Like anything else you are paying for a name. There are plenty of people out there that will pay for the TO name! :D

I sure did see him say it was dirty. Randy has always defended his QB's and is not known to be one to use hyperbole often so it must've been dirty. He's never been anything but polite and respectful to his teammates and coaches over the years. He's the kind of guy you want to see your kids grow up to be like.

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:41 AM
I sure did see him say it was dirty. Randy has always defended his QB's and is not known to be one to use hyperbole often so it must've been dirty. He's never been anything but polite and respectful to his teammates and coaches over the years. He's the kind of guy you want to see your kids grow up to be like. Indeed.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
If you're spending money on Abercrombie you're buying a name.

The quality if crap IMO.

If it is La Coste, Ralph Lauren, Affliction or etc you are paying for quality and comfort.

Trashman
09-08-2008, 03:08 AM
JR2004, must be board tonight.:D

sinton66
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Mark it down, Roger Goodell will put a stop to his shenanigans with fines and suspensions! Terrell Owens will not be allowed to act foolish after TD's for too much longer! He is not setting a good example for the youth of America and it must be stopped. :(

You need to stop imitating Phil.:D He might get mad about it.;)

Phil C
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

Ranger Mom
09-08-2008, 08:25 AM
You need to stop imitating Phil.:D He might get mad about it.;)

OMG!! That was exactly who I was thinking of when reading this thread!!:D

Bullaholic
09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I am one of the oldest, most conservative football posters on here, and I'm sure not a TO apologist, but I don't see anything wrong with limited post-TD celebrations provided they are not lengthy, taunt the other team, are in good taste, or turn into an individual player tribute session. An NFL game is one of the biggest show-biz venues in the world---so what's wrong with a little more pizzaz by these highly-paid showmen. It adds spice to the game. I remember the days of Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the Oilers---he became more famous for his scoring dances than for his play---nobody seemed to have a problem with it in those days, so why now? There is a distinct difference between the pro and amateur venues. I do not support post-score celebrations of any kind outside of the NFL.

Phil C
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I used to be annoyed with TO's antics in the past but now I find them kind of amusing. :)

ronwx5x
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't see anything wrong with limited post-TD celebrations provided they are not lengthy, taunt the other team, are in good taste, or turn into an individual player tribute session.

I can't imagine a post-TD celebration that doesn't fall into one or more of these categories. :cool:

Bet you aren't as old as me!!!!

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
JR2004, must be board tonight.:D

Board? Is that the same as bored? :p :p

I can't believe how many people actually thought he was serious. LOL

lion75
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Some folks are just stuck in time. Specifically the 70's and 80's. There was a lot more celebrating back in those days. Anybody remember "the fun bunch" or "the California quake"? T.O. is an old school throwback to the fun times of football.

Bullaholic
09-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I can't imagine a post-TD celebration that doesn't fall into one or more of these categories. :cool:

Bet you aren't as old as me!!!!

I think TO's celebration on Sunday was within those limits---and as long as he doesn't get outrageous just for the heck of it, keeps his mouth shut. and catches footballs---I've got no comments on him.

And this is my 61st football season.......

ronwx5x
09-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I think TO's celebration on Sunday was within those limits---and as long as he doesn't get outrageous just for the heck of it, keeps his mouth shut. and catches footballs---I've got no comments on him.

And this is my 61st football season.......

63 here! I win, say "Uncle", LOL.

Pick6
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
[B And this is my 61st football season.......
:D [/B]

You don't look a day over your 60th football season.

Farmersfan
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
What I have a big problem with is T.O. costing the team a 15 yard penalty and not showing much concern about it. No big deal in this game but it could be disasterous for the team in a really close game. He knows the rules so it is unforgiveable for him to violate those rules and draw the penalty. He is putting himself above the team when he does that and I can't abide with that kind of thinking. It's hard enough to go through a game without penalties so it makes no sense for him to intentionally draw one. The Cowboys better put a stop to his antics now because he doesn't know where to draw the line. They will get progressively wilder and more borderline with every game.

Phantom Stang
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Some folks are just stuck in time. Specifically the 70's and 80's.

Bullaholic mentioned Billy "white shoes' Johnson. He was from the 70s. Some of the older posters on here will remember former Cowboy Butch Johnson's, "California Quake" from the early 80s.

It was in the mid to late 80s when acting like you have a cob up your arse to prove you have "character" became popular. It's only gotten worse since.

Bullaholic
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
What I have a big problem with is T.O. costing the team a 15 yard penalty and not showing much concern about it. No big deal in this game but it could be disasterous for the team in a really close game. He knows the rules so it is unforgiveable for him to violate those rules and draw the penalty. He is putting himself above the team when he does that and I can't abide with that kind of thinking. It's hard enough to go through a game without penalties so it makes no sense for him to intentionally draw one. The Cowboys better put a stop to his antics now because he doesn't know where to draw the line. They will get progressively wilder and more borderline with every game.

I agree with you, Farmersfan----costing your team 15yds is over the line, and TO was probably reminded of that. The NFL needs to amend the celebration rule to "excessive celebration" and clearly define the definition of "excessive".

Phil C
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Mark Gastineau was a great defensive end for the New York Jets in the 80s and he was famous for doing a sack dance when he sacked a qb. The NFL stopped him and I thought it was a shame. It added personality to the game. If teams didn't like it then tell their Offensive Linemen to block him and protect their QB.

lion75
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Back in my day you handed the ball to the official and quietly walked to the sideline and didn't say a word.

You must be at least 80 years old

Trashman
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Board? Is that the same as bored? :p :p

I can't believe how many people actually thought he was serious. LOL

Didn't mean to throw the lumber in there! You are write? wright? right? Oh crap; you are correct. You know what I mint.:D

JR2004
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
If you don't like what you see, don't watch. We have become so caught up with everything in this world as if we can control everything, every person, every country, etc. Give it a rest. Every season its the same crying. GET OVER IT!
'

Terrell Owens antics are bad for the NFL's image. Less Terrell more Randy!

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, God forbid that we should have any fun. From now on I don't want you to smile or laugh at work...ever.

After all, this is serious business, not recess.:rolleyes: :) :)

I don't smile and I NEVER laugh, EVER. I'm unable to do so. Stephen Hawking laughs more than I do. :(

Emerson1
Terrell Owens antics are bad for the NFL's image. Less Terrell more Randy!
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8826/p1mossmoonalllf2.jpg

Txbroadcaster
I don't smile and I NEVER laugh, EVER. I'm unable to do so. Stephen Hawking laughs more than I do. :(

Yea when u came over to our house last year with Rita and the gang, I THOUGHT u smiled once..then realized it was just gas

JR2004
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8826/p1mossmoonalllf2.jpg

We all have our one time transgressions. Randy has moved on from that and has become a model citizen. Terrell could learn a lot from how Randy handles himself on and off the field. The world would be a better place if he did so.

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
We all have our one time transgressions. Randy has moved on from that and has become a model citizen. Terrell could learn a lot from how Randy handles himself on and off the field. The world would be a better place if he did so.

Since when did g$$ die and possess JR2004's body? :confused:

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Since when did g$$ die and possess JR2004's body? :confused:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ITS FUNNY CAUSE ITS ALMOST TRUE

JasperDog94
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't smile and I NEVER laugh, EVER. I'm unable to do so. Stephen Hawking laughs more than I do. :( That's just wrong...funny, but wrong.;)

Macarthur
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Actually he and Wade were not aware that if your hand touches the ground it's considered excessive. Certainly, they should have known that part of the rule, but I think the league is being too rigid on this. It's entertainment for goodness sake.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Actually he and Wade were not aware that if your hand touches the ground it's considered excessive. Certainly, they should have known that part of the rule, but I think the league is being too rigid on this. It's entertainment for goodness sake. there is no such thing as entertainment in the No Fun League

piratebg
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I got a kick out of it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I got a kick out of it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Same here, almost as good as eating the popcorn. :1popcorn:

JR2004
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I think the league is being too rigid on this. It's entertainment for goodness sake.

Goodell has not been rigid enough! The only way to teach these vagrants to show respect for the game is through suspensions and fines!

Step up to the plate Roger and take care of business! Stop the blatant disrespect these miscreants continue to show for the game of football before it's too late!

Ranger Mom
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Actually he and Wade were not aware that if your hand touches the ground it's considered excessive. Certainly, they should have known that part of the rule, but I think the league is being too rigid on this. It's entertainment for goodness sake.

So if he'd done back flips all the way down the length of the endzone, he would have been okay as long as his hands didn't touch the ground???

What a stupid petty little rule!!:rolleyes:

blowfish
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
What respect do you mean JR... as long as the NFL has been in existance there have ben celebrations. You pick an era and they celebrated scoring touchdowns., I agree it has gotten more and more over the top but as long as humans play the game they will celebrated.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I think it is a bs call and a bs rule. The original issue was for using props as in cell phones and other paraphanelia in the endzone which could include the goalpost or pylons. But the ground is the endzone and not in the endzone. Strict interpretation could suggest that jumping up and down in the endzone is excessive because you are using the ground as a prop.

JR2004
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
as long as the NFL has been in existance there have ben celebrations. You pick an era and they celebrated scoring touchdowns.

This is not true, not true at all. Bronco Nagurski never celebrated. Neither did the galloping ghost, Red Grange.

And just so you know I called the gas company last night and had them stop by this morning to see if there was a gas leak (since you told me there must be one as that had to be the reason for my disdain for TO). THERE ISN'T one.

jrhernandez7
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
anybody whos does not care for all the celebrations and "show" that is put on sundays, and the minute you start having players in comercials and paying them millions then they become entertainers, and u dont like it you should start watching your football a day early and watch college, thats were the game is for the fun, for your school and for your hometown. I love the nfl because its evolving into entertainment not just a sport, you want pagentry , good sportmanship and pure football then ncaa is for you. you want something that a little diffrent there is the nfl,

piratebg
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
thats were the game is for the fun, for your school and for your hometown

You must be confusing high school football and college football. College football may not have the entertainment value of NFL, but it does have some corruptness in it. High school, junior high, even peewee leagues are football in it's truest and purest form.

JR2004
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
anybody whos does not care for all the celebrations and "show" that is put on sundays, and the minute you start having players in comercials and paying them millions then they become entertainers, and u dont like it you should start watching your football a day early and watch college, thats were the game is for the fun, for your school and for your hometown. I love the nfl because its evolving into entertainment not just a sport, you want pagentry , good sportmanship and pure football then ncaa is for you. you want something that a little diffrent there is the nfl,

I want TO and Ocho Cinco to take their act somewhere else! The NFL is SERIOUS BUSINESS and I want to see grown men take it seriously and score TD's without celebrating. Give the ball to the referee and go shake your head coach's hand for having been given the opportunity to score. Troublemakers like TO and Ocho Cinco need to take their act to the CFL and leave the NFL alone!

scrub c
09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I LOVED IT !!!

The NFL is an entertainment league anyway. I was entertained...

GO COWBOYS and GO T.O. I cant wait to see what he has for us next week.

I think those guys should get a bonus for originality!!!

sinfan75
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I want TO and Ocho Cinco to take their act somewhere else! The NFL is SERIOUS BUSINESS and I want to see grown men take it seriously and score TD's without celebrating. Give the ball to the referee and go shake your head coach's hand for having been given the opportunity to score. Troublemakers like TO and Ocho Cinco need to take their act to the CFL and leave the NFL alone! Blame Billy "White Shoes" Johnson for all this post td celebrating. I think he started it all. LMAO! Them wobbly legs were funny and it sure riled up the home fans

sinfan75
09-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Goodell has not been rigid enough! The only way to teach these vagrants to show respect for the game is through suspensions and fines!

Step up to the plate Roger and take care of business! Stop the blatant disrespect these miscreants continue to show for the game of football before it's too late! You're startin to sound as funny as PhilC.:D

lion75
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Blame Billy "White Shoes" Johnson for all this post td celebrating. I think he started it all. LMAO! Them wobbly legs were funny and it sure riled up the home fans Elmo Wright of the Chiefs was doing his "running in place" move long before White Shoes.

lion75
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
This is not true, not true at all. Bronco Nagurski never celebrated. Neither did the galloping ghost, Red Grange.

Just how many times did you see Bronco and Red play?

JR2004
09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Just how many times did you see Bronco and Red play?

Enough to know neither embarrassed the NFL the way these young bucks do today.

sinton66
09-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, I have to admit, I've never seen the NFL's most prolific receiver do an endzone dance. Jerry Rice didn't do it, no sir (at least not that I ever saw).

Phantom Stang
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Blame Billy "White Shoes" Johnson for all this post td celebrating. I think he started it all. LMAO! Them wobbly legs were funny and it sure riled up the home fans
Here's an example from 1977:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhSZI9LQhg

lion75
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
This is not true, not true at all. Bronco Nagurski never celebrated.

Nagurski retired in 1937 and never played on TV. So if you saw him several times, you were traveling from game to game 71 years ago. Tell us again how old you are.

GreenGobbla
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
what t.o. did sunday, i thought was hilarious. who cares if they do a touchdown celebration.

scrub c
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Im going to the Cowboys / Redskins game in a couple of weeks and I hope T.O. has a good one planned for that one...

Pure entertainment...

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
JR2004 will you go find some way to be a PRODUCTIVE part of society and leave these fine folks alone! :p

JR2004
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
JR2004 will you go find some way to be a PRODUCTIVE part of society and leave these fine folks alone! :p

:(

JR2004
09-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Nagurski retired in 1937 and never played on TV. So if you saw him several times, you were traveling from game to game 71 years ago. Tell us again how old you are.

NFL Films on ESPN. You can watch a lot of great old players on there who played the game the RIGHT WAY!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, I have to admit, I've never seen the NFL's most prolific receiver do an endzone dance. Jerry Rice didn't do it, no sir (at least not that I ever saw). he was in the endzone regularly so he wasnt to excited :D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Im going to the Cowboys / Redskins game in a couple of weeks and I hope T.O. has a good one planned for that one...

Pure entertainment... maybe he can put up 3 fingers and then do A like in the YMC A song and then get downlow and draw another flag :mad:

Emerson1
09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Enough to know neither embarrassed the NFL the way these young bucks do today.
Young Bucks? TO is older than you

Dominicfrank
09-08-2008, 11:40 PM
i dont mind it at all. If he taunted the other team than fine him but doing a 4 second act dodsnt bother me or should it bother anyone. If you dont like him, fine, but he is a leader and has become one with Dallas because we saw he has that ability.

pirate4state
09-09-2008, 01:00 AM
:wave: :D
....||
....||
....||
....||
....||
....vv

Old Tiger
09-09-2008, 01:03 AM
I just saw on the ESPN ticker that he has been fined $5,000 and a half game suspension.

JR2004
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
:wave: :D
....||
....||
....||
....||
....||
....vv

You would do something like that... :rolleyes: Send him to the CFL and let him do all his fancy celebrations up there! The man is a menace and is a bad example for American children! Think about the children Rita, think about the children!

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
TO will be a first ballot hall of famer. You folks need to get over it. He is pretty damn good and stats dont lie.

Farmersfan
09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
this is perfect example of the problem in our society. They set rules and when those rules are broken everyone on this forum is saying the rules are stupid. How far should we allow them to go? Perhaps they should be allowed to bring the props in. Maybe they could bring over the cheerleaders and do a dance. How about it they change clothes real quick and do a little skit. Regardless of where they set the rule someone will say they are wrong because after all it is entertainment. Well this kind of stuff is way I quit watching pro wrestling...........

Txbroadcaster
09-09-2008, 03:56 PM
this is perfect example of the problem in our society.

Actually IMO this is what is great with our society, we dont fall lock step with every rule and we question the rules we feel are not good..we are not always right, but the questioning is the greatness of it

I seem to remember 13 colonies questioning the rules

Necks_Fan
09-09-2008, 03:57 PM
They should have suspended, fined, penalized, etc. Aaron Rodgers for spiking the ball..... it looked a little "excessive."

I mean, look what happend to UW.

:eek:

DDBooger
09-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Actually IMO this is what is great with our society, we dont fall lock step with every rule and we question the rules we feel are not good..we are not always right, but the questioning is the greatness of it

I seem to remember 13 colonies questioning the rules besides, if we didn't question laws, would we have female moderators?:thinking: :D ;)

there are always people who see the end of the world in our society because it doesn't follow the life course they took. Pro Football is about money, plain and simple. I still love to watch it, and I find it entertaining when people do a dance or something funny, unless it's to my team:mad:, then that is whats wrong with this country! :rolleyes: :D haha

JR2004
09-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I seem to remember 13 colonies questioning the rules

This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE we're talking about! It's not some group of tax evading turncoats! You don't question the rules or debate them when it comes to the NFL. Roger needs to bring the thunder and rule with an iron fist so these shenanigans will come to an end!

pirate4state
09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE we're talking about! It's not some group of tax evading turncoats! You don't question the rules or debate them when it comes to the NFL. Roger needs to bring the thunder and rule with an iron fist so these shenanigans will come to an end! ROFL!

Necks_Fan
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
This is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE we're talking about! It's not some group of tax evading turncoats! You don't question the rules or debate them when it comes to the NFL. Roger needs to bring the thunder and rule with an iron fist so these shenanigans will come to an end! What do you think about Aaron rodgers spiking the ball?

JR2004
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What do you think about Aaron rodgers spiking the ball?

I have made it very clear what I think of these vagabonds who celebrate after scores.

Just put them all on the same team and let them all fight each other over who gets to score and embarrass the National Football League the most with their "HEY LOOK AT ME!" stuff they do!

scrub c
09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
The NFL is not real football anyway!!! It is merely entertainment!!! If it were real football, they would make them wear PADS in their pants and enforce all the safety rules the NCAA and subsequently HS follow.

If it were real football the dbs could tee off on receivers anywhere on the field, the qb could get smoked in the pocket, and the qb cant throw the ball away...etc

I want to be entertained during a Pro Football game and T.O. and Ocho-cinco are the PROFESSIONALS at celebrating after TDs

RattlerDude
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Are you freaking serious? Sorry that football has changed a little since the stone age. Dude it is part of the game. Whats the point if you can't show off and get excited? get young again. lol

lion75
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/sports/ncaafootball/13wright.ready.html Check this out. The father of the end zone dance. This was probably before the whiners were born.

cameron91
09-09-2008, 09:57 PM
best TD dances in my life time..

Billy White Shoe Johnson

Ickey Shuffle

Chad Johnson - river walk dance :D

JR2004
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Are you freaking serious? Sorry that football has changed a little since the stone age. Dude it is part of the game. Whats the point if you can't show off and get excited? get young again. lol

I'm dead serious. It is NOT part of the game. It's an embarrassment to the NFL and everything it stands for! Ship TO to Canada!

CHS_89
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by cameron91

Billy White Shoe Johnson

Ickey Shuffle

Don't forget Cowboy's Butch Johnson with the California Quake.

JR2004
09-29-2008, 04:59 PM
The real Terrell Owens came out yesterday after the game! Ship that man to Canada Jerry and get it overwith. He's a cancer. Get rid of him now before he further embarrasses the Cowboys franchise and the NFL as a whole with his antics!

g$$
09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Why fine the greatest wide receiver ever in the NFL?

Where was Jerry Rice mentioned? Even TO gives Rice that honor, as he should.

g$$
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by cameron91

Billy White Shoe Johnson

Ickey Shuffle

All good ones.

Trivia: who is credited by NFL Network, ESPN, Dan Patrick, & all other credible sources for having invented the end zone dance? NFL Network even refers to a pavilion they have dubbed in his honor when showing celebrations.
.................................................. ............................................

Answer: Sweeny High School's WR Elmo Wright (key member of 1966 State Champion in 1st year of school integration)

Started dancing in end zone in late '60s for Bill Yeoman's Houston Cougars.

Played professionally for Chiefs, Oilers, etc. too before knee injuries cut short career. Great bloodlines in that family too (such as nephew & former UT All-American DT Rod Wright, etc.).