PDA

View Full Version : STILL NO RESPECT

marlinbulldog
10-06-2002, 12:37 PM
ok still no respect ,is thiss the real class 3a poll becase if it is its still no respect for marlin.last week when everone was talking about the marlin vs burnet game everone was saying how bad burnet was when they played us . in a post i asked why is marlin not getting any respect.not to take anything away from chris hart he said that we were so then i said what will it take to beat ennis on their homecoming .he then with everbody else said not likely.so now we have BEAT ENNIS!!!!!THE NUBER 1 RANK TEAM IN 4A THE 15 RANK TEAM IN THE NATION AND WERE STILL NOT RANKED!!!!!!!

<small>[ October 06, 2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: marlinbulldog ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-06-2002, 01:21 PM
First off, congrats on the win. IT WAS HUGE!!! no doubt. Just a question.....why are you so caught up in if you guys are ranked or not? Being in the top ten in a popularity contest is not going to win you a state title. Keep doing what you did last week and in week 16 you'll get your respect. Trust me there are a lot of people me included that are doing a double take about Marlin. The people on this board have no say on what these sports writers vote. So take it easy before you have an anurism. hehe

marlinbulldog
10-06-2002, 01:31 PM
ITS NOT ABOUT THE RANKING ITS JUST THAT IF U BEAT THE 1 TEAM IN 4A AND SENT THE 4 TEAM IN 3A TO OVERTIME AND WAS PICKED TO GET BEAT BY 30 TO 40 POINTS U WOULD FEEL THA SAME WAY.OHH IM NOT GOING TO HAVE A ANSURIM I JUST WANTED EVERONE TO SEE

29x281
10-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Are any of the new polls for this week even out yet?

sinton66
10-06-2002, 03:53 PM
No, they will not be updated before tomorrow.

RocketPlayer
10-06-2002, 06:15 PM
I personally wouldn't worry about the polls, because most of them aren't accurate in any way. People that we have beat, and I mean all but one of them, are above us in the rankings. The polls are nothing. What you should worry about is what the people think of you. I have and have always had a lot of respect for the Marlin Bulldogs. Every varsity game I've played against y'all has been a good one, with us usually coming out the loser. So, I just wanted you to know, y'all have the respect of this Rocket.

Wallflower
10-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Great Game Marlin, great win. You played the game as it was intended to be played. You never gave up and took everything Ennis dished out..., and capitalized on Ennis' mistakes. You should be extremely proud. Forget the polls. They are written by folks who have never seen you play: they just read the newspapers like the rest of us. You served Ennis a big slice of humble pie with class. Now it's up to you to remain a class-act.

Super_Fan
10-06-2002, 08:09 PM
marlinbulldog how is yalls frosh doing?

BLUEDOOM75
10-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Hey marlin i have respect for you all because yall beat a so called 'Unbeatable' team so yall have my respect. But, Being ranked doesnt mean anything. Wp is ranked in the top ten and all that means to us is that everyone we play will be trying their hardest to knock us off. I know yall are a good team but when you are unranked then you get to suprise the crap out of everybody like yall did friday night. Good luck to yall throughout the season.

Shotgun73
10-06-2002, 08:55 PM
marlinbulldog:
ok still no respect ,is thiss the real class 3a poll becase if it is its still no respect for marlin.last week when everone was talking about the marlin vs burnet game everone was saying how bad burnet was when they played us . in a post i asked why is marlin not getting any respect.not to take anything away from chris hart he said that we were so then i said what will it take to beat ennis on their homecoming .he then with everbody else said not likely.so now we have BEAT ENNIS!!!!!THE NUBER 1 RANK TEAM IN 4A THE 15 RANK TEAM IN THE NATION AND WERE STILL NOT RANKED!!!!!!!

Shotgun73
10-06-2002, 09:00 PM
Marlin Bulldog,
What is your record now? Is it 3-2? Where do you think that Marlin should be ranked? I believe that Marlin is a very talented team that seems to be improving every week. String a few more wins together and you will show up in the polls. Good luck.

2001GiddingsLB
10-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey Marlin, last year Giddings was fairly unrecognized by most polls. However we made it further than many of the teams that had been ranked all year and we beat 3 top ten teams during the season in Cameron, Rice Consolidated, and Newton. The only poll that gave us credit before the playoffs was Collier-Sharp. So don't be discouraged about polls cuz its not about where you rank its about how you play and far you go.