PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs. Brownwood

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
STEPHENVILLE will donkey stump Brownwood like La Vega did.

:D

cats 2008
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
yep

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
technically it wasn't a donkey stomp but stephenville will beat them like la vega did

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
technically it wasn't a donkey stomp but stephenville will beat them like la vega did

OH MY, Go Blue and I actually agree on something

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
OH MY, Go Blue and I actually agree on something except for the donkey stomp.....maybe it'll be a donkey show!

Emerson1
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Stephenville isn't that good

Matthew328
09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
This game has lost a little luster......I cant see Stephenville starting 0-3 though....they are down but too much pride there...

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Stephenville isn't that good neither is bwood

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
neither is bwood

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trashman
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Been watching these two play each other for years. Reminds me of the fight scene from the movie "The Quite Man" with John Wayne. If you have watched the movie then you have some idea what it is like. Rankings usually mean nothing in this game.:D

BwdLion73
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure if we are supposed to get "Stumped" or "Stomped"

daug
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I read in the Stephenville paper just now that a Jr girl who was the startiing softball pitcher for Stephenville was killed at 4:00 o'clock Sat afternoon. Prayers for the kids and community.

Looking4number8
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
That is terrible. Prayers to our friends in Stephenville.

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I'm not sure if we are supposed to get "Stumped" or "Stomped" I think STR knows that Brownwood will get "donkey stumped."

Is that worse than getting donkey stomped?;)

OldBison75
09-07-2008, 11:03 PM
This will be a dogfight from the opening kick, if the fights don't start in the warm-ups. These two teams are not friends and this will make it really wild. I think that Brownwood might just pull out a last second win in this one. If they can stay in the game early, the Lions will find a way to win this week.

sotxrat
09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
can someone give me a place to find the football roster for shephenville, looking for a son of an old friend

pirate4state
09-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat
can someone give me a place to find the football roster for shephenville, looking for a son of an old friend http://www.stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/roster.cfm

Rocket
09-08-2008, 08:20 AM
You people crack me up...

1 bad half of football and Brownwood sucks. District is all that matters. Who does powerhouse Snyder play this week? LOL

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

1 bad half of football and Brownwood sucks. District is all that matters. Who does powerhouse Snyder play this week? LOL

Now that you've lost non-district doesn't matter:doh:

Rocket
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Now that you've lost non-district doesn't matter:doh:

I wouldn't say non-district doesn't matter at all. I would say that in the whole scheme of things, getting better and learning from the wins and losses in every game is what truly matters. Losing sucks no matter what. Period. No matter if it is District or not. LOL

BwdLions
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
We lost a game. Most of you people on here are happy about it. So what? Go ahead and take your shots. It's not like we weren't expecting it. :p

Old Green
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This will be a dogfight from the opening kick, if the fights don't start in the warm-ups. These two teams are not friends and this will make it really wild. I think that Brownwood might just pull out a last second win in this one. If they can stay in the game early, the Lions will find a way to win this week. This is what I like to see Guys.

Let's have a good football discussion. ENOUGH of this taking jabs at Brownwood.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
This is what I like to see Guys.

That was my first and only jab, cut me some slack:)

Old Green
09-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
That was my first and only jab, cut me some slack:) OK! You're excused:p

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
OK! You're excused:p

Hey Rocket, is this game in Brownwood?

Rocket
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM

I know that Guyer runs the ball very well. And they play hard football and have some real good size. Aledo usually does the same thing. They just play good smashmouth football. With that being said, Stephenville lost their first 2 games in the 4th Quarter. This tells me they are either out of shape, or are letting up in the end. I know Stephenville will be ready to play and ready to get that first win and more than all of that ready to beat Brownwood. This should be a great game and a hard fought battle thoughout the game. Hopefully we can get the momentum and keep it this week.

The game is in Brownwood.

Ranger Mom
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Will this game be webcast anywhere? Our game is in Lubbock at 4:00 Friday afternoon, so I'm not going!!

Daddy D 11
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I know that Guyer runs the ball very well. And they play hard football and have some real good size. Aledo usually does the same thing. They just play good smashmouth football. With that being said, Stephenville lost their first 2 games in the 4th Quarter. This tells me they are either out of shape, or are letting up in the end. I know Stephenville will be ready to play and ready to get that first win and more than all of that ready to beat Brownwood. This should be a great game and a hard fought battle thoughout the game. Hopefully we can get the momentum and keep it this week.

The game is in Brownwood.

I like Brownwood in this one:2thumbsup

Old Green
09-08-2008, 09:19 AM

The game is in Brownwood. Losing late in the game is a sign lack of depth also and being out of shape.

ronwx5x
09-08-2008, 09:21 AM

Oh, I think the jabs are at Rocket, not Brownwood's team.:D

Their team is actually decent. Enough said.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Go Brownwood!!!

Ranger Mom
09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Oh, I think the jabs are at Rocket, not Brownwood's team.:D

Their team is actually decent. Enough said.

They were at Rocket, but he came back here, ate his crow and paid homage to 3A so it is a "non-issue" now!!

Rocket
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They were at Rocket, but he came back here, ate his crow and paid homage to 3A so it is a "non-issue" now!!

Season isn't over yet, far from it. Brownwood lost 1 game. Still plenty of time for me to force feed some crow as well... but if not, oh well...This isn't the first time I have eaten crow and won't be the last. ha ha

wimbo_pro
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't make me go poetic again, Rocket.

ronwx5x
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM

I agree, but there sure is a lot of "non-issue" talk continuing. I think Rocket has eaten enough crow. But then, I'm not in charge here!!:devil:

Ranger Mom
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I agree, but there sure is a lot of "non-issue" talk continuing. I think Rocket has eaten enough crow. But then, I'm not in charge here!!:devil:

True.....but Old Green is, and HE said "enough!"

Thefan1
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Watched Bwood play havent seen stephenville play heard some noise about the jackets being weak? But i still see Bwood pulling out a win!:thumbsup:

Rocket
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Brownwood 28
Stephenville 24

Thefan1
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Brownwood 28
Stephenville 24

Brownwood 21
Stephenville 20

BEAST
09-08-2008, 10:54 AM
For Brownwood this game will be decided in the trenches. Offensively, if the line can give Pachall enough time, especially early on so he can get comfortable, we will move the ball and score. If it is jailbreak from the get go?????????????

Same thing defensively, the front 7 will have penetrate their oline and disrupt the passing game. Stephenville can run the ball as well, but you must disrupt their air assault.

If Brownwood holds their own in the trenches we will win. If not we wont. Simple as that.

BEAST

STANG RED
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Now that we're all sharing our toys and playing nicey nice with each other, I'll have to pick Bwood in this one for two reasons. They should win at home against a S'ville team that appears to be less than many we have seen in the past, and I have to root for our district comrades in arms against outside forces.:D

And yes, even as bad as it pains me to do so, I'll even be rooting for Snyder this week as well.:p ;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm going to say 24-18 Brownwood.

SNYDER325TIGERS
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
except for the donkey stomp.....maybe it'll be a donkey show!

haha

Texasfootball2
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Very interesting game. Stephenville is 0-2, Yes, winless Yellowjackets with a new head coach against the Lions who are coming off of a homer opener loss where the second half was a disaster.

These two teams already don't like each other, along with the intangables from the first two weeks. I don't know that much about Stephenville except that a very good Aledo team had to come from behind late in the fourth quater in the first game to beat them. I know what kind of talent Brownwood has and that have yet to play up to there capabilities this season.

I'm going to hold me prediction until later this week, but this could be a war to the bitter end.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Brownwood in a walk away...42-28

BwdLions
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
OH MY, Go Blue and I actually agree on something

That's not all you and Go Blue have in common.

Trashman
09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Will this game be webcast anywhere? Our game is in Lubbock at 4:00 Friday afternoon, so I'm not going!!

:1omg!: I guess the home team wanted to make sure that your team dosen't travel well?

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

1 bad half of football and Brownwood sucks. District is all that matters. Who does powerhouse Snyder play this week? LOL was it bad.....no.....was la vega the better and more conditioned team....yes

that is taking a knock at la vegas skill

garciap77
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008
yep

BobcatBenny is that you?:D

BW by 14!

Eagle 1
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm not going to take the time to read the previous four pages, but I will say this is going to be a good old rivalry game.
Just like when Goldthwaite and San Saba play each other this week, you can throw the records out the window when it comes to Brownwood and Stephenville.
I think Brownwood will win by 7.

Rocket
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
was it bad.....no.....was la vega the better and more conditioned team....yes

that is taking a knock at la vegas skill

Um no... not even close... nice try though.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Um no... not even close... nice try though. when a team controls the clock the entire second half of a game it goes to conditioning...your defense was worn out plain and simple. So your saying that La Vega wasn't the better team? :eek:

Rocket
09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I am not going to get into an argument about who the better team is. I know who the better team was last Friday night, no doubt in my mind, that is why they won the game last Friday night. Are they the better team right now at this point in the season? You better believe it. Is the season over? Oh no... and like I said, I want to see them do what they did last Friday night to Brownwood again (or any other team for that matter) - chances are it probably won't happen. It may to a point, but not to that extent. They knew what they had to do, and that was keep our offense off the field, and they did what they had to do to make it happen. Awesome execution on offense.

No excuses, La Vega flat out beat us. By bad half of football I am referring to our offensive performance in the 2nd half. We muffed a kick off and went 3 and out when we did finally get the ball. By then we were down 2 scores and the pressure was on us. That is what I mean by bad half. Not that La Vega's skill isn't there, but our potential wasn't realized and most of it was our own fault. We dropped passes we usually don't drop among other things. So please don't think I am taking anything away from La Vega, I am just saying i know we could have done much better than we did, it just didn't happen last Friday night.

nobogey72
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll be pulling for Brownwood, but I think Stephenville will take it in a close one----------due mainly to their good offseason program, and their tradition.:D :D

Just kidding------- Rocket, you knew I couldn't let this go without some kind of jab. BUT----- I'm not about to start talking smack seeing as how La Vega is our Homecoming game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'll be pulling for Brownwood, but I think Stephenville will take it in a close one----------due mainly to their good offseason program, and their tradition.:D :D

Just kidding------- Rocket, you knew I couldn't let this go without some kind of jab. BUT----- I'm not about to start talking smack seeing as how La Vega is our Homecoming game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's all good man... I think Wylie will play La Vega tough. Should be a great game... I know one thing..our game is gonna be a monster game...that should be a packed crowd..should be exciting!

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I am not going to get into an argument about who the better team is. I know who the better team was last Friday night, no doubt in my mind, that is why they won the game last Friday night. Are they the better team right now at this point in the season? You better believe it. Is the season over? Oh no... and like I said, I want to see them do what they did last Friday night to Brownwood again (or any other team for that matter) - chances are it probably won't happen. It may to a point, but not to that extent. They knew what they had to do, and that was keep our offense off the field, and they did what they had to do to make it happen. Awesome execution on offense.

No excuses, La Vega flat out beat us. By bad half of football I am referring to our offensive performance in the 2nd half. We muffed a kick off and went 3 and out when we did finally get the ball. By then we were down 2 scores and the pressure was on us. That is what I mean by bad half. Not that La Vega's skill isn't there, but our potential wasn't realized and most of it was our own fault. We dropped passes we usually don't drop among other things. So please don't think I am taking anything away from La Vega, I am just saying i know we could have done much better than we did, it just didn't happen last Friday night. All I'm saying is good teams don't make those kind of mistakes unless their opponent is better and causes them

Rocket
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
All I'm saying is good teams don't make those kind of mistakes unless their opponent is better and causes them

And I totally agreed with you. Is the season over? Is every team playing at their highest level right now and are they as good as they are going to get? Brownwood's potential and upside outweighs 1 bad half of football against a good team...you can take that to the bank. Again, I never said we were going to go undefeated and I even said we would lose early. And that is ok... All I am worried about is how well we are playing in District, and that is what we are preparing for right now. Losing sucks, but in alot of ways it can be turned into a positive for the overall season.

If your point is Brownwood sucks. Then good, man, that is your opinion. You act like we got beat by Rockdale or some horrible team like that. We got beat by a great team that executed their gameplan flawlessly.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
And I totally agreed with you. Is the season over? Is every team playing at their highest level right now and are they as good as they are going to get? Brownwood's potential and upside outweighs 1 bad half of football against a good team...you can take that to the bank. Again, I never said we were going to go undefeated and I even said we would lose early. And that is ok... All I am worried about is how well we are playing in District, and that is what we are preparing for right now. Losing sucks, but in alot of ways it can be turned into a positive for the overall season.

If your point is Brownwood sucks. Then good, man, that is your opinion. You act like we got beat by Rockdale or some horrible team like that. We got beat by a great team that executed their gameplan flawlessly. Yes we all know the season ends after week 1 :D

garciap77
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes we all know the season ends after week 1 :D

Blue! Why are you worried about Brownwood?

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Blue! Why are you worried about Brownwood? Well they are the best team in 3a and they are on a rough 3 game stretch. 1-1 and could likely be 1-3 in the next two weeks!

Rocket
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Well they are the best team in 3a and they are on a rough 3 game stretch. 1-1 and could likely be 1-3 in the next two weeks!

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
It's not how you start, it's how you finish. True...but you play in a top heavy region

Rocket
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
True...but you play in a top heavy region

We'll see.

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
We'll see. That wasn't anything negative toward bwood....just they'll draw some bad teams come playoffs ;)

Lion_Addict
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM

I didn't notice your question get answered. In case you didn't get a PM or didn't already find out, you can go to www.koxe.com and pick it up from there.

Rocket
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
That wasn't anything negative toward bwood....just they'll draw some bad teams come playoffs ;)

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Bring it and let the best team win.

Not a shot at Brownwood? I thought Brownwood sucks? or was that not a shot at Brownwood either. LOL

Old Tiger
09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
To be the best, you have to beat the best. Bring it and let the best team win.

Not a shot at Brownwood? I thought Brownwood sucks? or was that not a shot at Brownwood either. LOL rhetoric statement to stir the pot :D

The best are in Region III :D

jambo67
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
In a "BLAZING SADDLES" reference I think Stephenville will work up an ol' number SIX on Brownwood. that's were they go into town, a whompin-and-whampin'- kickin'-and-a-stompin' every livin' thing within an inch of it's life. Never mind, this is an old old rivalry, Brownwood may do that to Stephenville. But I doubt it.

wimbo_pro
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
ROCKET!!!!

GO BLUE!!!!!

Get a room!!!! Sheesh!!!

orange machine
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Sville 24
Bwood 21

Emerson1
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Bwood fans better not use the "well they are 4A" excuse if they lose.

orange machine
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Emerson come on now.

Eric Cartman
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
As a b'wood native, it brings a tear to my eye to think about this matchup. I'm brought back to the 90's when you had the "good" games, double overtimes, action packed exitement.

But alas, I don't think brownwood has it this year. S'ville is looking for their first win and they will be out for blood. If bwood can hold close the first 3 quarters, then it might be close, but I'm going to have to say...

Sville 42
Bwood 28

Ranger Mom
09-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I didn't notice your question get answered. In case you didn't get a PM or didn't already find out, you can go to www.koxe.com and pick it up from there.

Thanks!!!

As far as the game goes, I am pulling for Brownwood SIMPLY because they are the 3A team in this game!!:D

jason
09-09-2008, 08:36 AM

according to UIL website

enrollment data for last re-allignment

brownwood 901
stephenville 1096

Eagle 1
09-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Its a rival game, so you never know whats going to happen.

Black_Magic
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Unless your talking about Snyder Right????:rolleyes: funny how people can change tones..:clap:

Rocket
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Unless your talking about Snyder Right????:rolleyes: funny how people can change tones..:clap:

I just don't like Snyder for some reason... sorry.

Black_Magic
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I just don't like Snyder for some reason... sorry. I think you may learn to like us even less as time goes on. But at least your honest about it.:2thumbsup

Rocket
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I think you may learn to like us even less as time goes on. But at least your honest about it.:2thumbsup

I'm just messin'... most of my posts were aimed at snydertigersrule...he is a real..nm

sweetwater07
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by daug
I read in the Stephenville paper just now that a Jr girl who was the startiing softball pitcher for Stephenville was killed at 4:00 o'clock Sat afternoon. Prayers for the kids and community.

i read it as well, the road she was traveling is very dangerous, quite windy and narrow

BwdLions
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM

If we lose, and you don't buy that excuse, we can always blame the weather. :rolleyes:

popcorn screen
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
The Ville by one as Brownwood goes for 2 and loses.

sweetwater07
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
wheres this game being played??

Looking4number8
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
wheres this game being played??

In Brownwood

slingshot
09-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I just don't like Snyder for some reason... sorry. Don't worry, after you've been around them for a while you'll like them even less... ;)

slingshot
09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
...Oh, and B'wood by 2. Go Lions! (Can't believe I just said that.)

DaHop72
09-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Don't worry, after you've been around them for a while you'll like them even less... ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
09-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't worry, after you've been around them for a while you'll like them even less... ;)

Actually, there are a couple of posters that get on my nerves, but DaHop72 is, hands down, one of my favorite posters!!

Yes.....I DO have some favorites...so sue me!!:p

Rocket
09-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Actually, there are a couple of posters that get on my nerves, but DaHop72 is, hands down, one of my favorite posters!!

Yes.....I DO have some favorites...so sue me!!:p

I like DaHop too...

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2008, 09:23 AM

He lives in Snyder and even I have to admit that.:speech:

:D :devil: :D

Rocket
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
We know this, man....

garciap77
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
He lives in Snyder and even I have to admit that.:speech:

:D :devil: :D

I thought he was from Sweetwater!:D

If I would have known he was from Snyder, I would not have help him the other day!:p ;)

I wonder why he was wearing that funny yellow hat!:D

BwdLions
09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
...Oh, and B'wood by 2. Go Lions! (Can't believe I just said that.)

Well you did slingshot, and we have you on record as being a fan. :p

slingshot
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Well you did slingshot, and we have you on record as being a fan. :p Man, do those people from S'ville and their 'rattle cans' get on my nerves! Arrrgh!!!

nobogey72
09-11-2008, 06:40 AM
As much as I'd like to see Brownwood beat Stephenville, if I had to bet, I'd bet on Stephenville. They definitely are 0-2 but playing Aledo close was impressive, and if you don't know who Denton Guyer is then you can't appreciate their talent. Folks in Brownwood that went to the Bluebonnet Relays last spring will remember the athletes that Denton Guyer had. They are a relatively new school, and I don't know how long they have even played a varsity schedule. I'm just saying that the 0-2 is a little misleading. And, Yes, MR. ROCKET--- I sincerely hope Brownwood can make them 0-3.:cheerl: :cheerl:

Rocket
09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
As much as I'd like to see Brownwood beat Stephenville, if I had to bet, I'd bet on Stephenville. They definitely are 0-2 but playing Aledo close was impressive, and if you don't know who Denton Guyer is then you can't appreciate their talent. Folks in Brownwood that went to the Bluebonnet Relays last spring will remember the athletes that Denton Guyer had. They are a relatively new school, and I don't know how long they have even played a varsity schedule. I'm just saying that the 0-2 is a little misleading. And, Yes, MR. ROCKET--- I sincerely hope Brownwood can make them 0-3.:cheerl: :cheerl:

No doubt, it wil take a great game by Brownwood to win this one. This will be a good test for both teams and should be a heck of ball game. Guyer is mostly a running attack. Not sure about Aledo, but if Sville played them that close, I would say they have to be a little down this season for the fact that Sville's defense is not that strong and they have no passing game.

Black_Magic
09-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I would say they have to be a little down this season for the fact that Sville's defense is not that strong and they have no passing game. Setting your self up for putting your foot in your mouth? Now if Sville shuts Bwood down and the Sville O torches Bwood D then this statement may hurt your credibility . Why even say something like this? Why set your self up?

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Setting your self up for putting your foot in your mouth? Now if Sville shuts Bwood down and the Sville O torches Bwood D then this statement may hurt your credibility . Why even say something like this? Why set your self up?
Uh, Magic.... you do know who you are talking to, right??:doh:

Black_Magic
09-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Uh, Magic.... you do know who you are talking to, right??:doh: But after all the boasting and then getting thumped, you would think he would learn and be a little guarded at least .. dont ya think?

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
But after all the boasting and then getting thumped, you would think he would learn and be a little guarded at least .. dont ya think?
Not this guy- I don't think 'Rocket' stands for 'Rocket Scientist'.....:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Not this guy- I don't think 'Rocket' stands for 'Rocket Scientist'.....:thinking:

Actually I think it stands for Rocket man.:thinking:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Elton-John-Rocket-Man---The-393312.jpg

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Elton-John-Rocket-Man---The-393312.jpg
LMAO!!!!

But you've probably just confused orange machine if he sees this. :devil:

Rocket
09-11-2008, 10:23 AM

How about when RWB said that Clyde was an average team after they beat the CRAP out of Graham? There is some credibility for you. :thinking: If that statement is true, then GRAHAM SUCKS.

BlackMagic-

I don't make my living on being a credible football analysis expert, so I think I will be ok. I have read some scouting reports on Stephenville, and they would agree. It all comes down to execution. If we don't execute, we stop ourselves. I don't see Sville being the one's that do it. That's my take. However, it is a rivalry game and you can throw it all out the window. Both teams will play at a high level so yeah, I might get proven wrong. So what? LOL

Why post something like that? Cuz that is my opinion. LOL
Geesh..

BwdLions
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
nm

Black_Magic
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
BlackMagic-

I don't make my living on being a credible football analysis expert
Thats a good thing. you may go hungry
http://www.snr-wolfe.com/drawings/artworks/1992_thin_man_siluet.jpg

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
How about when RWB said that Clyde was an average team after they beat the CRAP out of Graham? There is some credibility for you. :thinking: If that statement is true, then GRAHAM SUCKS.

BlackMagic-

I don't make my living on being a credible football analysis expert, so I think I will be ok. I have read some scouting reports on Stephenville, and they would agree. It all comes down to execution. If we don't execute, we stop ourselves. I don't see Sville being the one's that do it. That's my take. However, it is a rivalry game and you can throw it all out the window. Both teams will play at a high level so yeah, I might get proven wrong. So what? LOL

Why post something like that? Cuz that is my opinion. LOL
Geesh..
Your statement makes no sense. I said that we got beat by an average team and that we did not play well. I don't think I need to say anything else beyond that. I would think that was a fair assessment of the game. You have said pretty much ever since you got on this message board that everyone but Brownwood Sucks- so I think it may be your credibility, my dear Rock, that is in question.:D
Beyond that, I was just foolin' around with Magic......:p

Rocket
09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Your statement makes no sense. I said that we got beat by an average team and that we did not play well. I don't think I need to say anything else beyond that. I would think that was a fair assessment of the game. You have said pretty much ever since you got on this message board that everyone but Brownwood Sucks- so I think it may be your credibility, my dear Rock, that is in question.:D
Beyond that, I was just foolin' around with Magic......:p

LOL
My credibility? Because I make a statement about Sville and if it doesn't happen, I know nothing about football? OK, fine.

So all my posts on this board have been Brownwood is the greatest and everybody else sucks? Wow...I bet your 2 favorite words are "always" and "never". If you will read my recent posts, I give respect where it is due. It's all in fun until the game is played, and then I give respect and call it like it is... I don't say the other team is average and we played horribly.. especially when we get drove like Graham did.

Black Magic-

You aren't even worth a response.

Black_Magic
09-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I would say they have to be a little down this season for the fact that Sville's defense is not that strong and they have no passing game. So you stand by this.. Great! I believe your saying the two teams Sville played so far and played a very close game with are down. Thats the reason it was close. Not because Svilles good. And Sville defense is "not strong" and the have "NO" passing game. Now lets sit back and see what happens.;)

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
LOL
My credibility? Because I make a statement about Sville and if it doesn't happen, I know nothing about football? OK, fine.

So all my posts on this board have been Brownwood is the greatest and everybody else sucks? Wow...I bet your 2 favorite words are "always" and "never". If you will read my recent posts, I give respect where it is due. It's all in fun until the game is played, and then I give respect and call it like it is... I don't say the other team is average and we played horribly.. especially when we get drove like Graham did.

Black Magic-

What do you want me to say? my opinion is that Clyde is awesome (to make myself feel better) and we got drove? THAT IS NOT MY OPINION!!! THAT IS WHY I AM NOT SAYING THAT!!
My opinion is that Clyde has an average team and that we played bad so they beat us. End of story.... no excuses.... nothing pretty..... no crap.....just that....IMO

Or I could write it in Brownwood format:
Well, the score being 33-14, doesn't justify how the game was really played. Yes, Clyde put up more points, but Graham actually played much better than the stats and score show. Blah, blah, blah..........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sorry, RWB doesn't roll like that.

Rocket
09-11-2008, 11:19 AM
So you stand by this.. Great! I believe your saying the two teams Sville played so far and played a very close game with are down. Thats the reason it was close. Not because Svilles good. And Sville defense is "not strong" and the have "NO" passing game. Now lets sit back and see what happens.;)

No I am saying Aledo may be a little down. I will take it back on the passing game, let me rephrase, Sville's passing game is nowhere close to where it used to be. I am sure they will pass the ball ok, but I wouldn't say it is a big play pass offense like we have seen from them in the past. They are putting up some yards, but the QB has like 485 passing yards and 2 TD's and 1 INT. These are not Sville passing numbers that we are used to seeing.

I picked Guyer to upset Sville at home. (Do I get credibility points for that?) I also know somebody that has seen Sville play the first 2 games, and they know football.

I also know people in Sville and they tell me the buzz around town about the team. No excitement hardly at all this season about the Jackets. The crowds are nowhere near what they used to be. Especially after 2 losses.

My point about Aledo being somewhat down is that they should have beaten the crap out of Sville, and they didn't. Don't get me wrong, the Jackets know football and they are a great program, and there is a very good chance they could beat Brownwood because this is a rivalry game and anything can happen.

Rocket
09-11-2008, 11:24 AM
What do you want me to say? my opinion is that Clyde is awesome (to make myself feel better) and we got drove? THAT IS NOT MY OPINION!!! THAT IS WHY I AM NOT SAYING THAT!!
My opinion is that Clyde has an average team and that we played bad so they beat us. End of story.... no excuses.... nothing pretty..... no crap.....just that....IMO

Or I could write it in Brownwood format:
Well, the score being 33-14, doesn't justify how the game was really played. Yes, Clyde put up more points, but Graham actually played much better than the stats and score show. Blah, blah, blah..........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sorry, RWB doesn't roll like that.

Oh here we go with the third person... who are you TO?
So you are saying its ok to have an opinion and not be judged for it? hmmm.... :thinking:

Back off me then...

jason
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Elton-John-Rocket-Man---The-393312.jpg we're gonna see him play at caesars in vegas in october....

and stephenville is terrible this year.....
aledo is over-rated too.....

so is brownwood.......

RedWhiteBlue
09-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh here we go with the third person... who are you TO?
So you are saying its ok to have an opinion and not be judged for it? hmmm.... :thinking:

Back off me then...
You are so special, Rocket.:)

Rocket
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jason
we're gonna see him play at caesars in vegas in october....

and stephenville is terrible this year.....
aledo is over-rated too.....

so is brownwood.......

Yep, Brownwood has a lot to prove and hopefully it starts Friday night.

wimbo_pro
09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Go Brownwood!!!

Rocket
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM

Stop. I just got over my crush on you and now you say that?

:inlove:

garciap77
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM

Stop. I just got over my crush on you and now you say that?

:inlove:

What!:D

Nobogey is not going to like this!:D ;)

Shame on you Rocket! I thought you and nobogey were friends!:D ;)

garciap77
09-12-2008, 05:32 PM
LOL

Black Magic-

You right Rocket! You don't always say BW is the greatest!;)

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.