PDA

View Full Version : HOMECOMING 08: Hearne @ Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok, I know many of you will say, why even bother with this poll. Well, the Eagles played Navasota tough last season. Navasota won the game by the final score of 24 to 16. Also, you never know what to expect.

Friday is will be the Rattlers homecoming game. Hearne will be playing in front of the biggest crowd that they have ever played in front of.

Hearne comes into the game 0-2 losing to a 1A Bremond by 1 and 2A New Waverly. The Rattlers are 2-0 with wins over 4A Henderson (35-34) and Palestine (49-14). Hearne has some good athletes and can match up with some of the Rattlers. But, this game shouldn't be close.

Navasota 56-6.

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Ok, I know many of you will say, why even bother with this poll. Well, the Eagles played Navasota tough last season. Navasota won the game by the final score of 24 to 16. Also, you never know what to expect.

Friday is will be the Rattlers homecoming game. Hearne will be playing in front of the biggest crowd that they have ever played in front of.

Hearne comes into the game 0-2 losing to a 1A Bremond by 1 and 2A New Waverly. The Rattlers are 2-0 with wins over 4A Henderson (35-34) and Palestine (49-14). Hearne has some good athletes and can match up with some of the Rattlers. But, this game shouldn't be close.

Navasota 56-6. I am gonna say 49-0. Fedora has sportsmanship (very good) so I don't think he will allow to go over 50.

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
What if this game was forfeited the way hempstead did last year? Lol. That would be so weak though I don't see anything good coming from this game for Hearne.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
What if this game was forfeited the way hempstead did last year? Lol. That would be so weak though I don't see anything good coming from this game for Hearne.

Hey, you never know. Remember 07 dude.

RattlerDude
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
did you go to the meet and greet at the Liberty Hill game?

navscanmaster
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Hearne has a couple of votes, probably Go Blue and Tiger WR.:devil: :p

Just kidding. I hope Hearne comes ready to play. Here is what Hearne has going for them:

1. 2A has been kicking 3A's butts in these first two weeks.
2. Justin Evans, senior QB, is athletic, runs well, and has a lot of experience.
3. They have very athletic kids at their offensive skill positions that will match up well speed-wise with Navasota's kids.
4. They went to the wire with Bremond, in county rivals who were state runner ups in 1A last year, then led New Waverly most of the game. NW almost beat Navasota in 7 on 7 late in the tournament this year with their talented passing attack.

If Navasota puts on the heat early, this game will be done before the second quarter. But if they come in with their guard down, it will find themselves in a battle against a fired up team that wants to get a big win.

As for Navasota:

1. Dexter Pratt had 260 yards rushing against Hearne last year.
2. Jacolby Stokes and his receivers are rolling along nicely, with 644 yards passing from the first teamers.
3. The linebackers are really stepping it up and fast becoming the strength of the defense.

Bull's-eye
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Navasota could possibly get caught looking ahead to their game with Bellville, but the Rattlers have too much talent for it to matter.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
did you go to the meet and greet at the Liberty Hill game?

I was at the game but didn't meet and greet.

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
This game will not be close. But, its in all good fun. I think many people predicted (wanted) Palestine to beat the Rattlers also. Hearne will not come close.

navscanmaster
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't think they will be looking ahead. I see a lot of discipline with these kids that is not a trademark of past Rattler teams. They know how good they can be if they practice a game plan and concentrate on executing it. You get the early impression that any other 3A team would be hard pressed to stop the Rattler offense in its tracks. I am impressed with the level of play on defense at linebacker. Deondre King (52), Eugene Castillo (45), Kesnick Jones (9) and Lino Byrd (20) are really getting after the ball and finishing tackles. Since the majority of Palestine passes last week were screens, the linebackers really had to step up and make the stops to keep the secondary from having to make open field tackles. The only thing that really worries me about next week is how long halftime lasts.:( :D

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't think they will be looking ahead. I see a lot of discipline with these kids that is not a trademark of past Rattler teams. They know how good they can be if they practice a game plan and concentrate on executing it. You get the early impression that any other 3A team would be hard pressed to stop the Rattler offense in its tracks. I am impressed with the level of play on defense at linebacker. Deondre King (52), Eugene Castillo (45), Kesnick Jones (9) and Lino Byrd (20) are really getting after the ball and finishing tackles. Since the majority of Palestine passes last week were screens, the linebackers really had to step up and make the stops to keep the secondary from having to make open field tackles. The only thing that really worries me about next week is how long halftime lasts.:( :D

Not only that, the Rattlers only had 1 penalty the whole game..:clap:

navscanmaster
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Not only that, the Rattlers only had 1 penalty the whole game..:clap:
Yeah, that was that late hit out of bounds on the kickoff return. Didn't even tackle the guy, just kept after it after the whistle. Still deserved the penalty, but there were people in the stands behind me that only heard the ref's mike call the penalty, not really paying attention to the game, that were saying "these boys need discipline! That coach needs to teach those boys respect! There was no need for that stuff!" I'm just :rolleyes: and wondering why they payed $8 for a ticket if they aren't going to pay attention to the friggin game.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dba0048l.jpg
OK, I'm done!:D :D :D

buff4ever
09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Iam not even voting on this poll, come on hemotoxic, what are you doing. Make a thread for this game, I have no problem with any threads. But to make a poll is just wanting to see how many people think your team is better than Hearne. Give me a break, Navasota is better than a poll for this game and you know it.

buff4ever
09-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Hearne has a couple of votes, probably Go Blue and Tiger WR.:devil: :p

Look even navscanmaster didn't expect them to get a vote, so why have a poll again?

and no I am not one of the 3 votes for hearne.:)

UPanIN
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
It's alright to have another poll for the 2-0 Rattler's.

I thought the Rattler's looked pretty good Friday. It was good to see the backup QB play. He didn't do too bad. He looks very young though. Is he a sophomore?

nunya
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
To anyone who even thinks this game could be close, I want some of whatever it is you're smokin'

Navasota 55
Hearne 12

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
It's alright to have another poll for the 2-0 Rattler's.

I thought the Rattler's looked pretty good Friday. It was good to see the backup QB play. He didn't do too bad. He looks very young though. Is he a sophomore?

I believe that he is a sophomore. Played some on the varsity basketball team last season as well.

navscanmaster
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I believe that he is a sophomore. Played some on the varsity basketball team last season as well.

Derek Hadley is a Junior, along with Kye Hildreth. Kye is probably the backup QB in an emergency situation though, with Derek 3rd string. Derek starts at strong safety this year.

navscanmaster
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
TTT for Navasota fans, this game has been moved to Thursday @ 7:30 PM.

navscanmaster
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
TTT again.............cancelled.................lucky Eagles.